April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by jmorocco

Bought this because it reminded me of Clarins UV Plus Protective Day Screen of which I’ve been using for years now, and love. Clarins being a $50 product and this being less than $20, I thought it was worth a shot. I’d say the texture is very similar, but not exactly the same. With Clarins you press it onto your skin and with this Neutrogena product you actually rub it into your skin. My skin is the slightest bit oilier with the N. product than with the Clarins product. I have no shine with Clarins whatsoever. The other negative about the N. product is that it does not have all the extra “good for you” ingredients that Clarins does. It’s a straight sunblock. With Clarins my skin feels and looks healthy and refreshed but not so much with N. You get more for your money with N. and the sunscreen is a whopping 70 spf (these higher numbers are simply added chemicals so I’m not sure I’m too crazy about ‘em)

Will I purchase again? Yes, because its winter and the oiliness is not a huge issue with the cold weather. For summer I think I’ll switch back to Clarins, however. The other curious thing is that I really miss the smell of the Clarins product. Normally I detest the overwhelming scented Clarins’ products, but this one product they get right in regards to scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by LICHOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am allergic to almost all facial sunscreens and if I'm not they're usually too greasy for the face. This one is absolutely perfect. Not greasy. Makeup goes on easily over it and it's 70 SPF. I hope Neutrogena makes this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

We dont have this one in Canada but there is a Canadian version which is called NEUTROGENA® ULTRA SHEER® WATER-LIGHT™ daily face sunscreen. The bottle is exactly the same.
I have finished a bottle and I just bought my second. This is the best sunscreen I have tried ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by tackyelephants

I have that Asian oily T zone combination skin that is also occasionally dry. I also wear glasses so whatever kind of sunscreen I use, it feels that much heavier and sticky. If the day isn't particularly humid or hot (under 80s), this sunscreen is great. You do feel a slight layer, but hey, it's SPF 70 sunscreen! On those days that are super duper hot, it still gets a bit nasty even with translucent powder over it.
It layers well with make up and is better than most other sunscreens I've used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I hate sunblock, let's start with that - so there is not a sunblock in this world (yet) that can get 5 lippies from me.

I have tried everything from other Neutrogena types to Skinceuticals, Dermalogica, Vichy, Roche-Posay, etc. I have heard people raving about Roche-Posay but honestly I thought it was greasy and nasty. Besides this Neutrogena, I'm keen on the Vichy liquid for face (spf 50) for combination/oily skin. It's very similar to this one, but just more expensive.

What I love about this - and it's lower spf sister - is that it doesn't cause the greasies. Yes, it has that "summer" smell associated w/ SPFs. But it is hardly and issue. Honestly, this is - IMHO - the best SPF for under makeup as I have had no issues although I do warn those with primer - that didn't work too well together...but this SPF works pretty well as primer for me.

All in all, I still hate sunblock. I still have to force myself to put it on. There is still no one product that is flawless under makeup. But this one comes pretty darn close. So, for now, I'm sticking with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I'm really enjoying using Neutrogena's UltraSheer Liquid as part of my daily routine. I find that the consistency is very thin and very easily absorbed into my face and neck without any leftover greasy sheen or oiliness, so it looks good with or without makeup covering it. It also doesn't make my skin several shades lighter from zinc. With other sunscreens, I often have to use some powder to minimize the shine, so skipping that step is welcome relief – one step closer to getting out the door! The base it provides for makeup (and I’ve used both liquid and mineral makeup over it with great results) is very smooth and I get even coverage.
The scent is very faintly sunscreeny and doesn’t bother me. I do notice some stinging upon application, especially if I get too close to my eyes, but this fades fairly quickly and doesn’t annoy me enough to stop using it.
I’ve used this at the beach with great results, and I also like the protection it provides for everyday, particularly since I like to walk to work or walk around outside on my lunch breaks, and I have a very fair complexion.
This is silly, but I also like that the packaging has some sort of ball bearing in it like a nail polish, so when I’m shaking it up prior to each use, I can hear that the product is remixing. Very satisfying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

this product is lightweight, and dries matte. i wear it under makeup and i find that it doesn't cause my makeup to ball up or cake up. Def. a good product. It does smell like sunscreen, but not for long. Would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really? Not worth $14 just for a tiny 1.4oz bottle.

I don't wear makeup, so I really don't care about having a smooth surface for makeup application. Why do they call it a liquid when it feels just like a lotion to me? On application it feels heavy & greasy but absorbs quickly & dries to a velvety light finish (thank goodness for that).

But other sunscreens by Neutrogena that are lightweight & sheer do the same thing at less cost & more product for the price, such as Ultra Sheer Dry Touch which I used to use years ago.

Though this liquid leaves my skin looking glowy & fresh, it actually makes my skin feel tight & dry. It burns a tiny little bit as it sinks into my skin. It also makes my skincare serum underneath ball up on application. And it feels like I have to tug on my skin to apply it evenly (not happy about that!).

I'm glad this works well for some but personally I won't buy this again. There's just not enough product to make it last a while, even just for the face. Plus I don't appreciate the irritation. I wish I could return it or exchange it (it came packaged in a cardboard bubble pack), but I'll use it up quick enough & then move on to something else. On the plus side, I do like the high SPF & broadspectrum protection.

I was eyeing the Neutrogena Spectrum+ SPF 100+ lotion which was the same price but for twice as much product, & the Age Shield SPF 30 which was only $10 for 4oz. I should have tried one of these instead (at least these bottles are returnable if any negative side effects).

I'm sorry I don't like this product & I'm not impressed with it. Maybe I would have loved it when I was younger with the oil-spill pizza face I used to have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The finish is very nice, dries down nearly matte. No flaking or balling up, and the liquid formula is easy to reapply or apply a 2nd coat. Makeup goes over this well too.

But, the BURN. Not bad at first, but my eyes get progressively more watery and itchy as the day wears on, and I begin sneezing and my nose runs terribly after a couple hours on. Not to mention, the FRAGRANCE. Overpowering overly sweet floral like a grandmother's perfume that has been overapplied. (In fact the progressive reaction may be due to the fragrance).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by opheliamagdalene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Broke me out, and had that "sunscreen smell." Will not repurchase.