July 25, 2014 | 1851 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by NeonTiger9

Pros: It does its job. My skin tends to get oily, especially during the summer. Once I put this powder on, the oiliness was pretty much all gone.
It's pretty compact. I only use it in the morning, but if needed, it'd be easy to carry with you.
Cons: Not long lasting. I put it on in the morning, and by the afternoon, especially if i'm out in the sun, the oil is back. A touch up is definitely needed.
The cotton pad that comes with the product attracts dust really easily. I had to actually scrub it clean and dry it to use again after a few weeks.
Overall, pretty good powder :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by xSweetAnnax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i got this powder at wallmart for around 6.54$
i like the powder alot it keeps my oily skin at bay how ever i do not like the puff that comes with it , it is pretty much worthless since it applies WAY too much product making me look powdery and ghost like .
i am in the shade classic ivory i think theres only 3 shades which is alright since its applies clear and doesnt really provide coverage of any sort .
over all i think thats its a great product it can be a lil too powdery but you get what you paid for and there are certainty much better higher end products than this

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Adeline92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to be a shine fixer for the middle of the day but when I used the applicator it came with it applied way too much. But recently I tried it with a very light hand and a fluffy powder brush and it works quite well as a foundation setter and keeps my shiny nose at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennifeerfb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this powder was amazing ,other than the fact i bought this 2 shades darker than my skin.
it stops my skin from being oily and shiny.
i didn't love the packaging.i dropped it once & the side that had the mirror broke off.

other than that ,i would buy this again. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by emmainfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS POWDER. Without it, my face gets soooooo oily, as if I like purposely applied oil or something. Gross, I know. It's small and compact so touching it up is a breeze! The packing could be a bit more durable. it usaully breaks before I run out but other then that its great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a shade 3 shades darker than my skin -,- but other than that I love this I use it with my revlon colorstay and other than a slight oompa loompa orangey look it gives me it looks nice and stays on and most importantly... I DON'T GET OILY :D Oil seems to seep through my revlon colorstay, my old favourite pressed powder and my other two pressed powders (from ELF, Maybelline, and another brand) I needed to blot like 5 times a day no joke and I swear that's probably an understatement -,- but with this even 8 hours later NO oil!! :D im so happy :) I just hope I can go back and get my proper shade but for now I guess this is okay as long as I don't pack it on my face :@
The packaging is nice but I dropped it and now it's kinda broken :/ so thats why I don't like the packaging but at least the powder didn't break apart so thats whats important :P

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have an oily t-zone that even with a translucent setting powder will start shining about two hours after application. I had been looking for a powder that would simultaneously set my tinted moisturizer/foundation as well as control shine, and I seem to have found it. I have not experienced any kind of caking up or flaking in the several months I have used it. I have it in Classic Ivory, the lightest shade, and it compliments my skin perfectly. For the price, I don't think I'm going to get a better powder. The only problem with it is the packaging; the snap closure is starting to wear out on mine. Other than that, there is not really anything bad I have to say about the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I've been on a hunt forever trying to find a powder that doesn't make my face look cakey. FINALLY! This is the best powder ever! It's amazing! I recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing powder for the colder months!! I go through about 2 powders a year(give or take a few months) and i always get this when it gets to be spring/summer. I have combination skin, so in the winter it gets dry and in the summer it gets oilier. For the colder months, i like getting the Clinique stay matte powder, because i feel it works better on dryer skin. But, this is amazing for the summer...it soaks up the oil, and keeps my skin dewey for a good 3-5 hours, depending on the weather. I also like this because i go to 2 camps in the summer, so it wont be a big deal if this cracks or i lose it. I can just buy another at Target for around $7! so, i definitely will buy this again(its my 3rd package) and i recommend to ladies with combination dry-oily skin(:

EDIT- i talked to my mom today, whom i recommended this to, and she told me it doesnt work all too well for her. I have dry-combination, and she has extremely oily skin, and shes not using her usual oil-control cleanser, and is summer. all that put together causes her face to become mega-shiny, so she thinks itll work better in the fall/winter. But, nevertheless, i still love mine(: so, i recommend this for people up to combination-oily skin, but not extremely oily skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by mel39

I've been using this for years and any time I try something new this is what I come back to. It's nothing exceptional but it does what it's supposed to do, and doesn't seem to cake up too much as I reapply it during the day. Will keep on repurchasing until something better comes along, but you can't really beat the price.