July 28, 2014 | 986 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is bleached and over processed and after reading so many great reviews I bought this hoping it would make my hair look healthier. I've tried using it in all sorts of methods like heating it, leaving it for a few minutes, leaving it overnight and other experiments but no, it did not repair or improved my hair Health. It did nourish my hair very thoroughly, leaving my hair soft, shiny, smooth and straighter than usual. I think calling it a "deep repair" mask is misleading, it certainly moisturizes and smoothes out the hair, but it does nothing to improve or even conceal damage. It's a really good mask for dry hair, but not for hair that's in a worse condition, and if your hair is frizzy, don't even think about it, it would probably make it worse. I'll continue using it as an additional treatment just because I don't want to waste it, but I'm very disappointed in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Jstephy439

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw/heard people raving about this product...so I went to ulta and saw the price tag and walked away! It was $33 and too expensive for me. Later that week, I went to target and saw it for $29.99..so I went to target online at they sell it for $17.99!! My package arrived about two days ago and let me tell you this product is worth the $33 dollars!!!! Wow!! The package is cute, pump would be better in the shower but other than that it's cute. Te smell is heavenly, I wouldn't say a coconut smell but something floral, I can't put my finger on it. The texture is soft like a cream but even better. As soon as I put it in my hair it was instantly soft and felt already better. Now my hair before this prodcut was in pretty good shape, I maintain trims, I use heat protective products, wash 3 times a week, not overly dry or anything...now it is even better. It is shiny, the smell of the product stays in my hair, it is soooooo soft, easy to manage and work with. I swear this is holy grail, of holy grails!!! Go get you some, seriously......it will change your life.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by MayaMartinez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product for the LONGEST time. I constantly hesitated due to the price. So many people were rating highly of this product and I just thought, "Could this really be that awesome?" The answer; YES! One day out of the blue, I went to CVS to buy my best friend a Christmas gift and I picked it up. Don't think, just buy! Boy were my instincts right! The smell is a delicious coconut; like heaven in a container! You really should add a fairly decent amount and comb it through your fingers. Your hair will feel like pure silk! It'll last you quite a while. Probably two containers a year. Worth every penny! I've used it about 4-5 times and have already noticed a slight change with the feel of my hair! Make sure you are using it consistently so your hair keeps its health and shine. Packaging is cute and the little white tab can be annoying to try to take out in the shower; due to it being slippery. You should just throw that out. The consistency is very thick and goopy, but a nice thick and goopy. If that makes sense! I think I've covered everything. All in all, I love it and I will continue to buy it again and again. If you're unsure like I was, don't be. You'll love it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by beecky

amazing product ! Before this I was using moroccanoil's intense hydrating mask, which I decided to purchase over this one. Big mistake ! The moroccanoil certainly wasn't blowing me away an seemed to do very little for my hair. Very disappointed and $40 down the drain, I went to shoppers to buy this as I heard wonderful things about it and had been eyeing it for awhile. Best decision I ever made for my hair ! Detangles wonderfully, spreads evenly, coats the hair in moisture and really penetrates to smooth your hair. I am extremely impressed by this product. I've used every single brand of deep conditioner you could imagine and this one is definitely the best. Better than joico, moroccanoil, redken, pantene (which is surprisingly nice), bedhead/catwalk, you name it. This also smells great, and the smell actually lingers I'm your hair. When I rinsed it out my hair felt silky, and felt that way after it was dry and flat ironed. Its silkier and more healthy feeling then it's felt in months thanks to this mask. It is expensive but absolutely worth it !! HG deep conditioner, and 100% repurchase !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this once so it may be to early to tell but I did enjoy my first use. It doesn't leave my hair heavy/greasy but hydrates well. The smell is light, although I was hoping for a more nutty smell given the name of the product. It is a very good product. Probably the best mask/conditioner I've tried in a while. Now for the cons - really not liking the jar packaging. When taking a shower, I feel like I need to be extra careful so as not to get any water into the jar. I wish it came in a squeeze tube instead. Also, for $32 CAD, it's quite steep!!!! But if I'm still liking the product after using half the jar, I'm repurchasing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

I LOVE this face mask so much! It's does absolute wonders for my hair! It makes it so so soft and I literally don't have ANY split ends anymore after using it for three uses and it makes my hair smell AMAZING! A lot of people compliment me on the smell of it!! Defiantly worth the price!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

This is an okay mask - the scent is nice, the packaging cute (but would be better in tube or with a pump) and it conditions decently. However, it doesn't detangle well, add manageability, shine or really hydrate/repair my hair. I think there are much better masks for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I can't imagine my hair-life, without this baby in my life. <3

First things first.
My hair is naturally super dry. I dye it, and used heat on it for several years. (don't worry, I don't you heat everyday anymore). It got so damaged, and one time I was at the hair salon, the lady recommended me the oil from the same brand. (this was 3 years ago, before the drugstores came out with their oils).

That oil was like heaven on my hair, so when I ran out I decided to try something else from the brand. This masque is so hyped, and I understand why. I use it once a week, and I notice such a difference.

My hair is more smooth and less frizzy! Deffintly worth the money, and I will recommend it to EVERYONE, who struggles with dry, frizzy or damaged hair! ;-)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Figureitout210

I liked this product at first. It was great at detangling my hair after rinsing and left my hair soft but now after using this product for about a month, I have dry hair with a dry, flaky scalp to match. I know this is the cause of my dryness because I haven't made any other hair care changes besides adding this to my routine. I have discontinued using this and would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

I don't hate it - but I don't love it either. I was really excited about this, and I wanted to love it so much because of all of the great reviews and the cute packaging, but this didn't seem any more special to me than any of the other less expensive hair treatments I have tried. My hair felt great and super soft while I was rinsing it out in the shower (I left it in my hair for the recommended 7 minutes) but once my hair had dried it didn't really feel any different to me. I did note that my hair seemed ever frizzier than normal as it was drying (I let it air dry), but I had the usual amount of frizz once it dried completely. I had hoped that this product would help reduce the frizz but it did not.
I'm glad that I had only purchased the $4 trial size of this product. I don't think I love it enough to splurge on the $33 full size. I have been using L'Oreal's Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm and I actually prefer it and it is a steal at $6. I will continue using that as I think it works better on my hair than this product. I think it leaves my hair less tangled and does a better job of minimizing my frizz.

EDIT: This product seems to be rather drying to my hair. I was actually able to go 3 1/2 days without washing it, which is unusual for me. While that might seem like a benefit, I was hoping this product would add moisture and strengthen my hair. I have tried using it again since and have still found it to be very underwhelming. I have decreased my rating to 2/5. I will be sticking with L'Oreal.