September 16, 2014 | 1744 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've read a lot of hype about this product, and I only got it because I redeemed bonus points at SDM for it, $32 CAD for a mask is just ridiculous!
Packaging is pretty but not the best, I agree it would be much better in a tube. The smell is ok, not too strong.
I was impressed with the way it made my hair feel. I have long bleached corous/ thick and frizz prone hair. It detangled and made it much more managable. It also added a lot of softness and kept the ends from drying out before my next shampoo (which usually always happens, roots get oily and ends get dry as a bone).
In all honesty, I've had similar results with much cheaper products! I will not be buying this again due to the inflated price. If you are looking for something that works just as well, for a lot less money I reccomend herbal essences honey I'm strong rinse out treatment (deep conditioner) comes in a jar and will make your hair feel just as good as this macadamia stuff - plus it smells better :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by chrisssay

To preface this review, I have very thick, frizzy, kinky hair. It's slightly damaged from highlights and heat. I've been on the hunt for anything that can tame my uneven wavy unruly hair and boy am I glad I found this product. I've only used it twice but both times I've been blown away at how shiny and silky it left my hair. I loved how easy it was to straighten my hair and the results looked like I just got back from the salon. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Nataliegsno

My hair is naturally strong and healthy so I have very little damage. Obvi I can't really say if this helped with damage but it definitely made my hair feel like silk. Everyone seems to love the smell but I don't think it's anything special I don't really like or dislike it. Idk if I'll repurchase because like I said I don't have a lot of damage and this stuff is expensive. But if for whatever reason I had damaged hair I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This mask is very, very average. I have mid-length colour treated hair that is a bit damaged and whenever I use this mask, it does make my hair feel soft but it doesn't seem to give it any long term hydration or any repairing benefits. $30 is a lot of money to spend on just soft hair. I've had this mask for about 3 months now and it is just over halfway done so if it does work for you, it will definitely make the best of your dollar but I just didn't notice any real improvement in my hair. I'll probably go back to my L'Oreal Evercreme mask which is nice and hydrating and about 1/2 the price :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Lunaree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand what the big deal about this product is. But I will say that it could be several things:
1) I bought it on eBay, my product could be fake (ya never know on eBay, I refused to pay $30 for a freaking hair mask)
2) My hair isnt it SUPER damaged, so maybe it didn't give me the full effect
Even though I dye my hair every 4-6 weeks ( dyed redhead!) and have to use hardcore dandruff stuff (think t-gel and selsun blue) for some psoriasis, my hair is fairly healthy
I hate the smell of this. I can't really describe it. The consistency was slightly chunky, but smoothed out once I stirred it up.

While it did leave my hair soft and manageable, it just isn't worth the hefty price tag to me. Especially when I think the Loreal Damage Balm is sooo much better and makes my hair feel amazing.
I have thin hair (but "a lot of it") and if I get this too close or my roots it does get greasy and weigh it down. I have to be extremely careful to only apply from the ear down of my mid-back length hair.

It is a good product, but not for the price. If it was much cheaper I might rebuy. If your hair is quite damaged you might like this more than me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Natalie092

I'll preface this review by saying that I don't review ANYTHING...like ever. Part of it is because of laziness, and part if it is because I've never really loved a product enough to sit down and take 5 minutes of my life to write a review.

But THIS.

Man. This is a great product. For reference, I have very long thick curly hair. I bought this masque in hopes that it would make my hair more hydrated. Well, boy was I ever impressed. I put this in my hair while in the shower (after shampooing & conditioning). I let my hair sit in a bun at the top of my head while I continued showering (i.e., body wash & exfoliating). I decided I'd leave it in my hair for a bit longer so I got out of the shower and did what I needed to do. After about 20-30 mins, I washed this out with COLD water. When I finished, I legit couldn't stop touching my hair. I was REALLY impressed at how shiny and soft my curls were. I followed up with the Macadamia Leave-in Conditioner & my usual gel. Since I use gel on my hair, it tends to dry it out immensely, but this masque has helped my hair with hydration and it doesn't hurt that this product smells pretty good!

As for the other reviews about this product making their hair feel like straw...I didn't get this at all. My hair felt extremely soft and moisturized. To those who experienced this, I would recommend leaving it in as long as possible....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

I like this conditioner. I got mine at JCPenney with a coupon. So price was ok. Made my hair soft and hydrated. Smells good. Easy to use. You don't have to leave it on for too long unless you want to. The jar is just ok. Especially in the shower. Tube or pump would be better. Upside to jar is that you do get all the product out. I would buy this again. I like a lot of products from this line. They perform as promised.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Melldy

I bought this deep hair repair mask after reading great reviews and having it recommended to me by a hairdresser. I have recently bleached blonde hair that is damaged.
I spent $49.99 on this product and I am very dissappointed to say the least.
It made my hair rougher and after only treating it once i found some of my hair was falling out. I tryed it a couple more times using less of the product and the same thing happend.
The only good thiing about this product is the smell!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is bleached and over processed and after reading so many great reviews I bought this hoping it would make my hair look healthier. I've tried using it in all sorts of methods like heating it, leaving it for a few minutes, leaving it overnight and other experiments but no, it did not repair or improved my hair Health. It did nourish my hair very thoroughly, leaving my hair soft, shiny, smooth and straighter than usual. I think calling it a "deep repair" mask is misleading, it certainly moisturizes and smoothes out the hair, but it does nothing to improve or even conceal damage. It's a really good mask for dry hair, but not for hair that's in a worse condition, and if your hair is frizzy, don't even think about it, it would probably make it worse. I'll continue using it as an additional treatment just because I don't want to waste it, but I'm very disappointed in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Jstephy439

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw/heard people raving about this product...so I went to ulta and saw the price tag and walked away! It was $33 and too expensive for me. Later that week, I went to target and saw it for $29.99..so I went to target online at they sell it for $17.99!! My package arrived about two days ago and let me tell you this product is worth the $33 dollars!!!! Wow!! The package is cute, pump would be better in the shower but other than that it's cute. Te smell is heavenly, I wouldn't say a coconut smell but something floral, I can't put my finger on it. The texture is soft like a cream but even better. As soon as I put it in my hair it was instantly soft and felt already better. Now my hair before this prodcut was in pretty good shape, I maintain trims, I use heat protective products, wash 3 times a week, not overly dry or anything...now it is even better. It is shiny, the smell of the product stays in my hair, it is soooooo soft, easy to manage and work with. I swear this is holy grail, of holy grails!!! Go get you some, seriously......it will change your life.