October 20, 2014 | 1203 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using a sample which is huge. This is disappointing as I believe company's tend to put their best foot forward with samples and less so with the full size product: (OT) Have you ever used a fabulous sample and bought the product which was a dud?

Anyway.
The huge sample is greasy on my oily eyelids. I cleanse, moisturize, add shine-free products to keep the oil down before m/u application. Then to add something oily on top just isn't right.
If you have dry skin you may love this.

The primer spreads to an 'invisible' finish. I end up using more than necessary just to make sure I've covered everything. Because of the invisible spread-on, I also spend too much time spreading it around (again, just to make sure everything's covered) - unlike my fav UDPP eden, the matte finish has light color base I can see where its going so I use the right amount with no question that everything is covered.
Also under eyes, where eden keeps everything in place with less crinkling, Lorac seems determined to find every tiny crevice right away. If you use this, use it over the eye only, not under.

I've tried a lot of products that didn't work. This is the first product that didn't work for me that I really really wanted to like. So I gave 2 stars because the brand still appeals to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by AzariahH

I had to do another post because somehow my rating on my previous wasn't good when again, ill reiterate, this is soo good!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is pretty good. I got it in a set. I usually either use UDPP or TFSI so I thought it was nice that I got to try a new primer. It feels tacky when you apply it so it definitely makes your eyeshadow stick. No issues with this. I prefer UDPP only because I feel like you use less with it and it a little thinner consistency. But this is pretty nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very Nice primer, feels luxurious.

I got a mini of this with the purchase of my Lorac Pro Palette, which is nice because I didn't need to run out and get the corresponding eye primer to go with my palette. The design of the tube is very luxe and Hollywood glam feeling (as is most LORAC stuff, I presume). I like that its a squeeze tube and that its small so it comfortably fits in my train case and is perfect for travel. I kinda like/don't like the slanted top. While its fits comfortably on the lid it is a little easy to squeeze too much and its hard to see how much you squeeze if you apply directly to the lid. Plus, a little bit will cake the top, so be careful to clean it and try not to be wasteful. Its best to put a little on your finger, then hand apply. I almost would have liked this to have a tiny needle nose tip, but its fine as it is. I will say that you only need the smallest amount. If you apply too much you will run the risk of creasing- which is exactly what you don't want! I've had some creasing with this due too much product/other products on my lids- so keep your application light. The formula is very silky so just the tiniest dab with spread evenly. It has a silky, silicone feel, quite similar to the TFSI. It is nothing like the creamy/tacky UDPP, Elf Lid Primer or Palladio Herbal Primer and nothing like the wet and creamy Benefit's Stay Don't Stray (if you would like a comparison). This primer works great with the Pro Palette shadows and I'm glad I got it with the purchase cuz I'm kinda a primer nut!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a large sample size of this product and used it everyday for nearly 7 months so I would imagine that the regular store size would last forever, which means it is a really good deal for the price! I liked this eye primer for my NC35 skin tone; when applied correctly it left a matte finish that looked like my natural skin tone just a tad lighter. I used my fingertips to apply to my lids and under my lower lashes; if you use it sparingly it will blend out nicely. However if you squeeze too much product out and don't blend it in very well the product will dry on your eyes and a thick almost crusty layer will form where there is excess product so when I used this I had to make sure i spread it out thinly and blended well. It held my eyeshadow in place without creasing in all kind of conditions...snowboarding, music festivals, during my 10 hour restaurant shifts, hot weather etc. I also tend to use a kohl liner on my lower lashline and this eye primer would help to prevent my lower liner from moving further down south....no racoon eyes for me :) All in all this is a great eye primer and my only gripes with it would be 1. I don't like the packaging; it's hard to squeeze out a precise amount and you can't squeeze out all of the product when you finish it off (I cut my sample size open when I thought it was empty and there was still tons of product left inside) and 2. the consistency is thick and creamy so it's hard to blend this out on your lower lash line area. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good eye primer that doesn't mind a thick consistency.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is THE WORST eye primer I have ever tried. It made all my eyeshadows crease! I don't recommend it at all. Drugstore primers are better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Lunaree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've never written a review here but had to on this product. I have tried a few different eye primers (UD PP, Elf eye primer, Tarte Lifted, Laura Geller Eye Spackle) and regular primers on my eyelids (smashbox photo finish, Monistat Chaffing Gel, Philosophy Clear Makeup, Laura Geller Spackle, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Benefit the Porefessional) but this is by far my HG!

I put this primer through the ringer and its lasted 24 hours, with minimal fading. I've even went to sleep and woken up (yes I know it's terrible!) and my makeup looked the exact same as when I went to bed, even with drugstore eye shadows such as Wet n Wild Color Icon and Hard Candy Baked Duo. It performed just as well with my higher end shadows like Urban Decay and Tarte. Its slightly thicker in texture then the others I've tried, but i think that may be why it works somwell, it really gives the eye shadow something to grab on to. It has a slightly tacky finish and goes on a very sheer cream color, not really a tint but enough to even out the veins in my eyes (I am very pale though (NW 15) so it may not do that for everyone) It blends out beautifully, just be sure not to use too much as it can make you're eye shadows a bit harder to blend out.

This stuff is just amazing! No creasing, it doesn't irritate my contact lense sensitive eyes and hasn't given me any sort of reaction under my eyes. In fact it has helped my concelar to last even longer without creasing, though it does crease eventually as I have yet to find my HG concelar. Even with eye drops the makeup under my eyes doesn't budge! I have a problem with getting overheated and I sweat a lot, I know it's gross, but this stuff helps my eye shadow to REALLY stay in place, even through sweaty eye lids.

I ended up getting a huge tube (0.53 oz as compared to the normal 0.47 oz at $21) for $10 with an eye shadow on Black Friday last year, but would gladly repurchase again at $21. Though I'm not sure when I would need to as you only need a tiny pin head dot per eye!

If you are on the fence and haven't found the right primer for you, I highly suggest giving this guy a try, it has blown me away with its high performance through all the environmental factors I have out it up to (even swimming though I didn't put my head under the water) I just really can't say enough good things about it!

Sorry for the novel, but this product is really worth the hype!

EDIT: I should have noted that I do not suffer from easily creases shadows but do have slightly oily lids. This is still HG for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Megan0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily eyelids and without primer my eyeshadow would smudge and slick in an hour. TFSI has been, and still is my HG eye primer but I got this one with my Lorac Pro palette so I gave it a shot. It was OK, it worked for me as bout the same as UDPP which would hold my eyeshadows for about 5 hours or so. I'll keep using it up for going out for a shorter period of time, but I won't buy it again because my eyeshadows never budged for at least 10 hours with TFSI. I also have minor issue with the packaging. It is a squeeze tube and all but instead of having a nuzzle, it has something more like a squeeze-tube lip gloss applicator. Most of the time I end up having little product left on the flat surface which is just not as sanitary as the nuzzle. The consistency is very smooth and never drying, about the same as TFSI but more of a silicon based. Much easier to smooth out than UDPP. I would definitely suggest trying it though because everyone's skin react differently. One of my friend swears by UDPP and TFSI never worked as good for her. Who knows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Satinslipper

Really like the tube but the lip gloss type delivery of the product needs improvement. I have had this product for over a year daily and I am so happy with the results. The sides of the tube are cracking and now I have temporarily saran-wrapped the tube so I can continue every last drop of the fabulous product. It is perfect for my skin type as I have combination skin. It is creamy but dries almost instantly and mattifies the lids nicely in preparation for eye make-up application. It absorbs quickly too. My eye shadow/liner stays put all day long and it really is a non issue with this product.

Sephora Canada has stopped carrying this in its stores recently so I let the staff know how sad I was to learn this and I reluctantly grabbed UD eye primer. I was disapointed with the results and texture so I exchanged UD for Tarte's "Clean Slate" eye primer. But once I hit another Sephora in the US, I will definitely re-purchase Lorac's eye primer...it is my go-to primer!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially I was extremely pleased with this primer, but my ardor has worn off considerably. I will continue to use my stash for very specific purposes, but my position right now is that I would not buy it again.

My previous eye primer favorite is TFSI, but I discontinued dailly use of that due to very mild milia. I didn't want to risk the milia getting worse. I bought this five months ago because 1) it's not reputed to cause milia, 2) its consistency is good for dry eyelids, which mine definitely are, and 2) I got three full-sized tubes for $30.

Initially, I thought it performed equal to TFSI. My shadows seemed bright, lasted all day, and didn't migrate or crease. Perhaps this was so because I started wearing this mid-December in a cold, dry area. The last couple of months I have noticed extensive creasing (more than any other primer I have ever used, including ELF $1 primer) and my shadows shift. I can't use this when applying heavier, darker, or more pigmented shadows that need a lot of blending because the primer base wears away completely. It performs best when I am using it for my daily look of minimal eyeshadow (along the lines of Mac Brulee + Wedge) and heavy lash. Even then I get creasing and shifting after a few hours, but it's okay enough. I have not had any milia, and I saw milia by the time I had used TFSI for five months.

I've done the same looks with Lorac one day and TFSI the next, and the colors are brighter and more clear with TFSI. TFSI has no creasing or shifting. This holds true regardless of whether it's a minimal look or a more complicated look. TFSI is simply a better primer for me except for the fact that it causes milia.

My compromise is that I use Lorac the majority of the time. I use it for my minimal daily look and slightly more complicated looks if I don't care that much how it looks or lasts (like I'm just going to work ). I use TFSI for times when I go out and for the truly complicated looks.

One tip I do have is to let it dry for much longer than you think you need to. It may be dry to the touch at five minutes, but it performs much better if I let it sit for fifteen minutes. It's a total pain to wait that long because my makeup routine is long enough, but I suck it up because I'm vain.

Also, I don't like the packaging that much. It's much better than the doe-foot primers, but I don't like this squeeze tube as much as TFSI's tube. TFSI has a snout and I amable to precisely measure out how much I needed. Lorac is a squeeze tube with a hole on a slant, like a lipgloss. For the life of me, I cannot get an accurate amount of product to come out. It's too much or too little, and then I squeeze more to get too much. I have to squeeze and push product out of it with a bit of force, which means my Lorac tube has cracked all along the side and is about to split. I still have 1/4 or 1/3 product left in there.

I will be on the lookout for a different primer suitable for my lids that doesn't cause milia. When I used TFSI, I loved having one primer that is good for any time and occasion, and that is what I hope to get.