December 17, 2014 | 1693 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a deluxe sample with my Lorac Pro Palette (which is incredible, btw!). For the price of the full size, you get a ton of product that will last forever. Months later I still have a good amount of my sample left. Performance wise, it's just alright. If I wanted to do a precise eyeshadow look with multiple colors I wouldn't use this one. By the end of the day my eyeshadows looks a little muddy, and darker as if they oxidized on my oily lids. You only need a small amount per eye and it smooths out nicely. It comes in a squeeze tube which I don't mind. I am Black, and I love that this product does not leave color behind. For everyday, simpler makeup looks it's fine. To be honest I probably wouldn't purchase a larger one at full price, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to get another sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by UDAddict

This is the only shadow primer I will use. Maybe I have weird lids, but all the other turn to glue or cement on my eyes. This one, however, glides on, dries quickly, holds my shadow in place all day, isn't a pain to remove... Start to finish, the product works well. (Note: age 45, climate is OMG hot with zero humidity.) I like a product that does so well, you forgot you applied it--this is that product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this with my Lorac pro palette. I absolutely love it. I have neither dry nor oily eyelids and this works well. I like it better than UDPP because the UDPP is very watery and i prefer a more tacky feel. This primer does bring out vibrancy in eyeshadows and it also works for concealers to stick under the eyes! The only con I have about this primer is that if you overdue it by a little, it will get very chunky and clump up on your lids (thats why i gave 4 lippies) so a little does go a very long way! Which in the long run will last you a very long time. This primer has 47 oz compared to UDPP which is only 37 oz and behind the scenes only costs one dollar more! It also is INCREDIBLE for helping eyeshadows blend! It has cut down my time tremendously. I am an NC35 in Mac and this primer shows up beigy clear on my lids! I have used this primer with UD eyeshadows, drugstore eyeshadows, too faced shadows and lorac shadows. Works great on all especially drugstores because it makes them worth it. I definitely recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using a sample which is huge. This is disappointing as I believe company's tend to put their best foot forward with samples and less so with the full size product: (OT) Have you ever used a fabulous sample and bought the product which was a dud?

Anyway.
The huge sample is greasy on my oily eyelids. I cleanse, moisturize, add shine-free products to keep the oil down before m/u application. Then to add something oily on top just isn't right.
If you have dry skin you may love this.

The primer spreads to an 'invisible' finish. I end up using more than necessary just to make sure I've covered everything. Because of the invisible spread-on, I also spend too much time spreading it around (again, just to make sure everything's covered) - unlike my fav UDPP eden, the matte finish has light color base I can see where its going so I use the right amount with no question that everything is covered.
Also under eyes, where eden keeps everything in place with less crinkling, Lorac seems determined to find every tiny crevice right away. If you use this, use it over the eye only, not under.

I've tried a lot of products that didn't work. This is the first product that didn't work for me that I really really wanted to like. So I gave 2 stars because the brand still appeals to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by AzariahH

I had to do another post because somehow my rating on my previous wasn't good when again, ill reiterate, this is soo good!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is pretty good. I got it in a set. I usually either use UDPP or TFSI so I thought it was nice that I got to try a new primer. It feels tacky when you apply it so it definitely makes your eyeshadow stick. No issues with this. I prefer UDPP only because I feel like you use less with it and it a little thinner consistency. But this is pretty nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very Nice primer, feels luxurious.

I got a mini of this with the purchase of my Lorac Pro Palette, which is nice because I didn't need to run out and get the corresponding eye primer to go with my palette. The design of the tube is very luxe and Hollywood glam feeling (as is most LORAC stuff, I presume). I like that its a squeeze tube and that its small so it comfortably fits in my train case and is perfect for travel. I kinda like/don't like the slanted top. While its fits comfortably on the lid it is a little easy to squeeze too much and its hard to see how much you squeeze if you apply directly to the lid. Plus, a little bit will cake the top, so be careful to clean it and try not to be wasteful. Its best to put a little on your finger, then hand apply. I almost would have liked this to have a tiny needle nose tip, but its fine as it is. I will say that you only need the smallest amount. If you apply too much you will run the risk of creasing- which is exactly what you don't want! I've had some creasing with this due too much product/other products on my lids- so keep your application light. The formula is very silky so just the tiniest dab with spread evenly. It has a silky, silicone feel, quite similar to the TFSI. It is nothing like the creamy/tacky UDPP, Elf Lid Primer or Palladio Herbal Primer and nothing like the wet and creamy Benefit's Stay Don't Stray (if you would like a comparison). This primer works great with the Pro Palette shadows and I'm glad I got it with the purchase cuz I'm kinda a primer nut!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a large sample size of this product and used it everyday for nearly 7 months so I would imagine that the regular store size would last forever, which means it is a really good deal for the price! I liked this eye primer for my NC35 skin tone; when applied correctly it left a matte finish that looked like my natural skin tone just a tad lighter. I used my fingertips to apply to my lids and under my lower lashes; if you use it sparingly it will blend out nicely. However if you squeeze too much product out and don't blend it in very well the product will dry on your eyes and a thick almost crusty layer will form where there is excess product so when I used this I had to make sure i spread it out thinly and blended well. It held my eyeshadow in place without creasing in all kind of conditions...snowboarding, music festivals, during my 10 hour restaurant shifts, hot weather etc. I also tend to use a kohl liner on my lower lashline and this eye primer would help to prevent my lower liner from moving further down south....no racoon eyes for me :) All in all this is a great eye primer and my only gripes with it would be 1. I don't like the packaging; it's hard to squeeze out a precise amount and you can't squeeze out all of the product when you finish it off (I cut my sample size open when I thought it was empty and there was still tons of product left inside) and 2. the consistency is thick and creamy so it's hard to blend this out on your lower lash line area. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good eye primer that doesn't mind a thick consistency.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is THE WORST eye primer I have ever tried. It made all my eyeshadows crease! I don't recommend it at all. Drugstore primers are better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Lunaree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've never written a review here but had to on this product. I have tried a few different eye primers (UD PP, Elf eye primer, Tarte Lifted, Laura Geller Eye Spackle) and regular primers on my eyelids (smashbox photo finish, Monistat Chaffing Gel, Philosophy Clear Makeup, Laura Geller Spackle, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Benefit the Porefessional) but this is by far my HG!

I put this primer through the ringer and its lasted 24 hours, with minimal fading. I've even went to sleep and woken up (yes I know it's terrible!) and my makeup looked the exact same as when I went to bed, even with drugstore eye shadows such as Wet n Wild Color Icon and Hard Candy Baked Duo. It performed just as well with my higher end shadows like Urban Decay and Tarte. Its slightly thicker in texture then the others I've tried, but i think that may be why it works somwell, it really gives the eye shadow something to grab on to. It has a slightly tacky finish and goes on a very sheer cream color, not really a tint but enough to even out the veins in my eyes (I am very pale though (NW 15) so it may not do that for everyone) It blends out beautifully, just be sure not to use too much as it can make you're eye shadows a bit harder to blend out.

This stuff is just amazing! No creasing, it doesn't irritate my contact lense sensitive eyes and hasn't given me any sort of reaction under my eyes. In fact it has helped my concelar to last even longer without creasing, though it does crease eventually as I have yet to find my HG concelar. Even with eye drops the makeup under my eyes doesn't budge! I have a problem with getting overheated and I sweat a lot, I know it's gross, but this stuff helps my eye shadow to REALLY stay in place, even through sweaty eye lids.

I ended up getting a huge tube (0.53 oz as compared to the normal 0.47 oz at $21) for $10 with an eye shadow on Black Friday last year, but would gladly repurchase again at $21. Though I'm not sure when I would need to as you only need a tiny pin head dot per eye!

If you are on the fence and haven't found the right primer for you, I highly suggest giving this guy a try, it has blown me away with its high performance through all the environmental factors I have out it up to (even swimming though I didn't put my head under the water) I just really can't say enough good things about it!

Sorry for the novel, but this product is really worth the hype!

EDIT: I should have noted that I do not suffer from easily creases shadows but do have slightly oily lids. This is still HG for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No