August 20, 2014 | 2033 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by missellie515

I bought this foundation a couple of days ago in the hope that it would put moisture back in my skin. I wouldn't say my skin naturally was dry but the minute i put foundation on it it seems to highlight cloudy patches on my t zone.
The Mac assistant said this will give you a dewy look and won't dry your skin out and is a medium coverage. I am getting married in april so i really need something that covers but doesn't look dry. SO i tried it and my skin dried out in the usual place within 15 minutes, slightly separates in places and it felt like i had a lot of make up on. My skin does feel lovely (on the cheeks), if i use a primer this is even more improved. I wouldn't say the coverage is medium, its more of a sheer light coverage which yes can be buildable but then i find the dryness comes out. THe dewy look is nice but in order for it not to slide off your face I suggest using a mineral powder over the top to set it, otherwise it will transfer. I have freckles which i like to cover if I can and i find this isn't even slightly doing it. It's more a foundation for evening out your skin tone if you already have nice skin. Compact is nice to have but you really need a brush to apply it as using your fingers won't allow the cream to sit on your skin properly. I won't be buying this again and will go back to useing EL double wear light.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by lonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very thick and cakey. My skin feels very sticky during the entire day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sunangyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to get another Bobbi Brown cream foundation compact and I stopped at the MAC counter to look at the lipgloss. Well the salesperson worked some magic and I took home this foundation. I like the tinted moisturizer by MAC and prefer the look of sheer coverage so I was hesitant to try this, but after he showed me a test of it on my skin I was hooked. It is smooth and light and I was also happy with the color and usually I have trouble finding a right shade. I'm a NC 25 and it is winter thought and I'm wondering if I'll be able to wear this for spring, summer I'll for sure need to get rematched. I haven't needed to retouch at all during the day, I teach fitness classes so that says a lot! My husband even said the other day that he likes me with no makeup on, and I was wearing this and mascara. Ha they have no idea.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Kita117

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation gives great coverage but its hard to blend as this is my first cream foundation and I wasnt sure how to use it. The mac 130 brush I find is too small for applying the foundation to my face so i just use my fingers. and the foundation contains dimethicone which breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have dry skin, and are beginning to wait outside the door of your 40's, hoping that if you offer it enough cocktails it will be nice to you, this is the foundation for you. I have been using Elizabeth Arden plump and perfect ceramide for a year or two, and whilst it was great for a bit, it then started to emphasize my pores and look a bit cakey once the weather got colder. This stuff, however, completely evens the tone of my skin, blends beautifully, and looks really natural. It does not last very long, certainly not compared to liquid foundations, but, you know, hey ho. It looks great and I would pay a lot more for it than it costs, to be honest.

Oh, and Mac sAles assistants? Wowsers. They are fabulous. The bloke who sold me this literally took one look at my skin, and picked this stuff in the exact right shade within seconds. That is skill.

I wear it over Estee Lauder daywear for dry skin, smash box oil free primer and it stays completely put, without any dryness or cakiness, for up to 14 hours. Result.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by coolchikaboom

This is my new favorite MAC foundation. I apply with the MAC 191 square foundation brush. The coverage is on the sheer to medium side. The finish is a very pretty satin, and looks natural. I set this with the MAC mineralize skinfinish powder. I haven't had any breakout or irritation issues. Gives my skin a pretty glow. I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by umbreons

I (gratefully) have quite clear skin, don't suffer from breakouts very often, and certainly don't need heavy coverage makeup. I usually just use a bit of pressed powder and occasionally concealer and that is enough for me. I found myself running out of my usual MAC MSF Natural right around Autumn and wanted something different. I decided on getting a lightweight foundation instead this time, mainly because I was hoping to get some dual-action out of my makeup and wanted something moisturizing, which clearly powders can't do. After a bit of research, I decided on this product.

I quite like it! It does exactly what I wanted it to, really. It covers my red cheeks (my main 'problem area' so to speak) but is still sheer enough to not look at all cakey, blends flawlessly (possibly my favorite feature of it, it seriously goes on effortlessly. One or two swipes of my fingers and it disappears), has a nice creamy texture and doesn't break me out or dry out my skin.

I apply it with my fingertips and it blends BEAUTIFULLY. I've never used a product that blends this well, honestly. One or two little buffs into the skin and it's invisible, leaving behind more even skin but otherwise no trace of product. No visible cakeyness, shininess or that awful flakiness/hair enhancing that some foundations seem to do. The effect is really lovely. It's not matte or dewy, but quite a natural finish.

I really, really like the texture of this stuff. It's buttery and sort of gel-like, but unfortunately this also makes the product deplete somewhat quickly. Two light finger-swipes for each my forehead, both cheeks, chin and nose is all I use every day, I've used it approximately 15 times this way and already a good chunk of the product is gone. Perhaps this is actually quite a good amount of time for a product to last, I probably have 3/4ths left, but I'm not all that experienced with foundations so I don't know what is normal lasting time to compare this to. Just felt worth mentioning!

It also doesn't really last all that well through the day, which is the reason I'm not giving this 5 stars. It blends so well into the skin it's hard to even notice it there 5 minutes after applying let alone 10+ hours, but when I take my makeup off at night I see very little foundation on the towel, so that's what I'm going by. This has led me to start powdering it after applying, which basically negates my entire reason for getting it.

All-in-all, I do like it, but it isn't without its faults. I have honestly never been more impressed with the results of a foundation; the effect and coverage it gives my skin is gorgeous. It isn't long wearing, though, which is quite a downer. If you are looking for a very subtle, natural looking makeup that will essentially smooth out your complexion, blend like a dream and moisturize your skin, look no further. If you want medium-full coverage and long wear, this certainly isn't the product for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1)I love the finish of this foundation it gives a nice dewy look.
2)It blends really well.
3)Covers redness really well.
Cons:
1)Its rubs of easly.
2)Hits pan fast.
3)Not worth the money 4 10g
4)Does cause a few zits uuuhhhhh.

My shade is NC25:) This foundation is medium coverage/buildable!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by dolledup21

at first i lovedd<3 this foundation. i used it for like four months but by the time i was on my third compact, it started looking really nasty, heavy and greasy on my face AND made me breakout, which never happens to me. Will NEVER buy this shit again. and you have to use aloot to get decent coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very picky about the foundation I use so when I say that I love this foundation that means its got to be good. I have oily skin that only breaks out maybe once a month. I got this in NW25 and I thought it might be too dark for me but after applying it and blending it with my foundation brush I found that it truly is a perfect match for my skin. It doesn't make my skin break out at all and it washes off easily. It doesn't feel greasy on my skin either. With a little bit of loose powder it makes my skin look great. I will definitely buy this again.