Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing! Bourjois has a range of many colours so 53-54 is a perfect match for me. The foundation is silky and smooth, and blends well into my face without any problems. It lasts all day and my skin has so far, not had any bad reactions or breakouts. The coverage builds up nicely from a medium coverage to heavy coverage, once more product is applied. On offer, the price is quite good, especially seeing as the foundation is so great.

on 4/1/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Many people had told me to purchase this foundation. Apparently it was really good and the real hype was because it is from the same factory as Chanel (essentially it is a Chanel foundation). I purchased it and at first I was not quite happy with it but it took a bit of warming up to it. I now kinda live by it! Make sure you only use about 1 pump and use in moderation as it is very yellow toned and may give a very tanned or orangy effect!

on 3/31/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This smells unreal, so amazing for the price and I own a TONNE of foundations, medium consistency and brilliant coverage, it lasts, it feels nice and it has a pump, literally so lovely. Would most definitely rebuy.

on 3/30/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This foundation is my favorite and best I've ever used. Ive been using it for a few months & will probably never use anything else. It has a very light liquid texture & the finish is between dewy and matte. It makes your skin flawless and lasts all day. I probably wouldn't recommend it for oily skin though. I'm fair skinned so I have the lightest shade No. 51 Vanille Clair. It makes my skin look slightly better and never has broken me out or clogged my pores. The only downfall is that it's not available in the U.S. However you can definitely purchase off ebay & Amazon for under $20.

on 3/29/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Edit: Turns out this stuff dries my skin :( I've worn it two days in a row for 5 to 6 hours and the result is flakes and dry patch galore around my chin and mouth, up till my cheeks :(. My skin has been pretty good lately and I haven't changed anything in my routine, so it must be the foundation. So disappointed, it's such a beautiful foundation! But my skin gets angry verrryyyy easily. I'll take off another lippie, but I guess if your skin is normal to a little dry you won't have a problem with this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this! I just picked it up on a discount, so it only cost me 7.50 euro, crazy cheap for a product that can compete with high end foundations.

For your colour reference: I'm a Mac NC15-20, Bobbi Brown 2.25 cool sand and I bought this in shade 51, which is a good match for my skintone. I'm neutral, but yellow undertones like these look a lot better on me than pink ones. I like the little pump as it's hygienic and gives the exact right amount. It has a strong fruity smell when you apply it, but that doesn't bother me. Coverage I'd say is medium and not buildable, a thin layer of this gives the best result. I apply it with my fingers after moisturizing and buff it in with my RT expert face brush. It evens out and improves my skintone and it leaves a dewey healthy glow. It actually looks exactly like my Bobbi Brown foundation stick, with a very big positive difference: this doesn't cling to or highlight dry patches or flakes! It leaves my skin looking smooth and so very natural, like skin, but so much prettier! People have complimented me on my skin, saying I look great and I have this glowing healthy looking skin! As I have very dry skin that usually doesn't look very good I never get compliments like that!
On non-active days it lasts about 8 hours with a good primer, maybe longer, but I usually clean my face when I get home. I just need a small touch up with my mac sheer pressed powder to get rid of some shine on my t-zone. On active, busy days this is definately not my go-to foundation, it just doesn't last very well in rain or sweat, so for that I take away 1 lippie.

I have a very hard time finding the right foundation that doesn't emphasize my dry skin AND also matches my skintone! If the staying power was better I would definately give it 5 lippies, but if I want this to stay on my face for a couple of hours I really need a primer and my skin doesn't like primer, so unfortunately I can't use this as an everyday foundation. Bummer. The quest for my HG continues..

on 3/27/2015 11:44:00 AM

I bought this after the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
Pros:
+ Natural
+ Light to medium cover ( better than the serum foundation which has light cover )
+ Easy to blend
+ Does not cause breakouts

Cons:
+ Not long-lasting ( but a little bit better than the serum foundation )
+ Gone off without powder

on 3/23/2015 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great foundation with medium coverage. I have combo skin with oily T zone and dry cheeks, and this foundation works well overall. It has a nice dewy finish on me, and I only have to powder my T zone once through out the day. The foundation doesn't have any SPF, it's perfect for photos. Comparing to the Giorgio Armani lasting silk foundation, I definitely prefer this one.

The downside of this line is that the selection of the shades is quite limited. It might be difficult to find your match.

on 3/21/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My skin is very pale with yellow/neutral undertones and the lightest color 51 is a reasonably good match for my NC10 skin. I love the pump bottle though admittedly it's also light and skimpy because it's made of plastic instead of glass. I don't mind.

The finish of this foundation is curiously satiny and dry but it works wonderfully on my dry/combo skin and doesn't accentuate any dry areas, flakiness or fine lines. I usually don't set it with powder at all and it still manages to disappears into the skin, leaving no stickiness or oily feel on my face.

The only major drawback for me is the smell, it is an irritatingly strong berry/fruity cachophony but luckily it disappears soon after application.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the lightest shade of this foundation shade 51 light vanilla and its still too dark on my fair skin, i feel all the bourjois foundation accommodate more the medium skin tones rather than fair or dark.
On the positive it does however have a lovely smell and consistency, applies well and does not oxidise on the skin
The 16 hour claim of this foundation is far from true I'd say 4 hours max but that may just be on my combination/oily skin.
overall I would not purhase again.

on 3/14/2015 2:09:00 PM

I find this foundation a bit hard to blend. If i think i have blended it well by the end of the day i will realise that i have been wrong. It felt nice on my skin, it didn't break me out and the smell was quite pleasant for me. Although at first application it looks like the shade matches my skin quite well after an hour or so the color will become a bit darker.

Video Reviews & Tutorials