November 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by annieh1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a brilliant product. So it was a bit of an impulse buy... heh... like all of my makeup. But it really has delivered some really fantastic results on my end.

Colour: I am an asian with neutral and slightly yellow undertones, light to medium skin, and quite acne prone. I use the foundation in colour 54 Beige, and it is the absolute perfect colour for me.

Gotta say, this foundation smells fantastic. A mixture of melons, and an assortment of fruits. (If you don't like scented foundations, this may not be it for you. However, I have very sensitive skin, and this has not irritated me at all.) It's not a 'false' chemical smell; it's moreso a really fresh clean scent.

Finish: Light and dewy. Not completely matte. Medium coverage but buildable. I powder up with the Healthy Mix Powder. Finish makes me look really healthy. However, it's not dewy to a point where you look like an oil factory at the end of the day. Moreso, a really nice glow on your face that highlights.

Application: heh I apply with my fingers.

Is it kind to my skin?
Hell yeah. I wear it everyday, and keep to my strict acne.org regime. No pimples, no breakouts, and no irritation. The product feels so light on the skin, and it does last if not 16 hours, at least 8. And you don't turn into an oil factory...I wear it for the whole day. Maybe the occasional powder... and Spritz from Mac Fix + but otherwise, absolutely brilliant.

So yeah, definitely recommend! I'm in Australia and this bloody product cost me so much...$32.00 I believe? But hey, so worth it. Would definitely repurchase. :)

You weren't put on this earth to please other people. Live your life and eliminate all of the stress.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by GagaSuperfan

This is my favourite foundation!

I apply this product with a powder brush and I love the way it glides on my skin! I use the shade 'beige' and it is the perfect colour for my skin tone.
It lasts all day on my skin and it doesn't cling to dry patches; I usually set this foundation with a matte pressed powder and it looks amazing on my skin!

It has a really nice fruity smell that is not overpowering but is still noticeable when I apply the foundation. However, this foundation is in a glass bottle so it may not be ideal for travelling as it may be likely to break.

Overall, I love this product and I would definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

My favorite drugstore foundation! I often mix this with Healthy Mix Gel (because I have shade 53 and 54). So this definitely isn't the most accurate review. That being said, it looks natural on skin while giving nice light to medium coverage (depending on my ration of Gel to Radiance Reveal). It might not be the best choice for oily skin. When it's warm out I definitely need to powder midday. Lasts a solid 8-10 hours on my face, which is excellent to me!

I have sensitive skin and this has never broken me out and covers areas of my skin where I have acne scarring or hyperpigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Rosahelen

At first when I tried this foundation I hated it, I found it extremely dewy and water based. However I stuck to it and grew to love it I will repurchase this the price is good and it is a nice alternative to mac in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by strawberryandmint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this foundation is close to perfect! I use it every day and it doesnt dry out my skin. it has an amazing fruity smell. nobody even notices I have foundation on because it blends so well! it lasts perfectly for 7-8 hours. (shade 52)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by aliceburgessxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin, and find it difficult finding shades to match my skin tone at low prices. I usually wear mac NC15 concealer as a foundation, as I find that it's the only product that matches my skin tone! But it is quite expensive so I went into boots, yet again searching for a pale foundation (which is so hard). I have never owned any Bourjois products, and never really looked at the section in boots, as I am usually led by the crowd to L'oreal, or Maybelline and again, the lightest shade made my skin like orange and patchy. I picked up this product in a hurry. I got home and was surprised, it is the best foundation I have every used. It matches my skin perfectly, it lasts all day. Perfect for a dewy look, although I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin as it will slide off, but for dry skin it is a life saver. Caused no break outs, has lasted a month so far with lots more to go. I will be repurchasing as I find that it is better than most high end brand foundations, such as Urban Decay, Mac or Bare Minerals. It is cheap, fruity smelling, great coverage, great match, and my holy grail foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In my view, this foundation is proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money on a product that works very well. The coverage of this foundation is good, its smooth consistency makes the foundation easy to apply and blend and it's long lasting. It's also buildable and looks rather (not completely) natural. The pump dispenses an adequate amount of product. The foundation has a nice smell - it doesn't smell like chemicals. It's got somewhat of a fruity/flowery scent. What I absolutely love about this foundation is that it doesn't clog up my pores. I've got really sensitive skin that has reacted to several high-end foundations. I just wish that there were darker colours in the range so that others can also try this foundation out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by AgelessCookie

Until recently, I've only been using mineral foundation because my skin is very sensitive and I hated that heavy, clogging feeling of liquid foundation. Then, by some miracle, I discovered this particular Bourjois foundation. I decided to buy it after extensive research and reviews and, lo and behold, I fell in love with it. I wear the shade #53 in Light Beige. For reference, my shade for Nars Sheer Glow would be Punjab. I've applied it using my hands and a stippling brush, preferring the latter only because I don't like getting my fingers dirty. Both methods work well because the foundation is so easy to apply and blend, melts right into the skin.

I use less than a full pump and it gives the loveliest glow (almost dewy) and feels like I'm not really wearing anything on my face, but it still gives a good amount of coverage - light to medium depending on how much you use. However, it's not very kind to flakey skin. It will excentuate dry patches, but if you moisturize well, it shouldn't be a problem. It lasts me all day right up until I workout in the evening. It still holds well, but, honestly, I don't expect any foundation to last through a super sweaty workout.

As I mentioned earlier, my face is quite sensitive and it did get a little itchy the first few days of wearing the foundtation, but my face got used to it and is now very happy with it. My face feels soft and smooth after I take it off at night. I expect it's got something to do with all those fruit extracts in it. I've been eyeing the serum gel version lately after reading reviews that it feels even lighter than this one. I shall be getting my hands on that one very soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to love this foundation as it glides on easily was a great colour match and was somewhat sold by the "healthy" in the title. Unfortunately within an hour or two of wearing this my face is just one big shine. I like dewy, I like fresh but this really is just horribly overly shiny. I think shine can look pretty harsh and ageing. So this is one I will not repurchase. My skin is not oily it's combination and I also used a light non oily moisturiser as base which made no difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation! Long lasting, nice medium coverage (in my opinion).
It has a nice fresh smell

The lack of colour range is the only downfall for this product - i can just fit into the palest shade however it is a tiny bit too warm and tiny tiny bit darker than my skin - but still looks great with the right application and powder