October 1, 2014 | 1561 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The reviews on this product aren't wrong- this is my holy grail of foundations!
Bourjois is a French company that produces their foundations in the same factory as Chanel- and I secretly suspect the formula to the healthy mix range is very very similar (if not the same) as Chanel; perhaps as a way of getting more affordable products to the masses Chanel is bottling their product under another name.
I would recommend this foundation to anyone who asks- it glides over my face so smoothly, lasts throughout the entire day and even smells nice! Buy it buy it but it, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

Seriously, I have been struggling to find the perfect foundation and I've finally found it!! This foundation feels very light on my skin and gives me a nice dewey finish. The coverage is great. I had no problems covering my blemishes with this although many have said it doesn't provide a lot of coverage. I can wear this foundation without setting it with a powder. I love, love, love this stuff!! I just wish they sold this brand in America!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was always trying to avoid any kind of foundation until I read these many awesome reviews... I bought it at Sasa for SGD 27.90. I tried the 52 and 53 shade on my hand first then decided to pick the 53 since it matched the color of my hand. It was the right decision.

Wore it for 10 hours with Rohto Acnes compact powder and it was such an amazing experience since I became more confident with the long lasting coverage, didn't feel anything like it wasn't thick at all. Yes, my t-zone became oily after 2 hours but it was still great, I can't tell you how relieve I am because of this foundation.

Updated : after around 8 hours, my kind of dry cheeks turned out cakey (if you saw my cheeks really closely). I don't really mind, I still love the light effect of it. My friendsssss and I love this foundation.

For those who have acne-prone skin, just buy this life saver...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I finally caved and bought this foundation three months ago after reading numerous positive reviews online and after hearing Lisa Eldridge talk about how good this foundation was and guess what, I think it is very deserving of the hype that it receives. I have shade 52 (Vanilla) and it is a perfect spot-on match for my light yellow-neutral NC20 skin tone.

The scent is absolutely delightful and fruity, packaging is excellent and is fuss-free and has a very convenient pump. This foundation lasts all day and provides a healthy dewy glow that is very natural (although I usually apply setting powder because I have oily-combination skin). One to two pumps is sufficient for my entire face and I would describe the coverage to be light-medium. It does slightly cling to dry patches but I haven't come across any foundation that hasn't done this. This hasn't broken me out and is also extremely moisturising but not oily. The foundation lasts the whole day for me when set with powder.

I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation based on the positive reviews, easy availability, and reasonable price point.

Things I liked about this: It smelled nice, kind of a gentle fruity scent that quickly dissipated. I have normal to dry skin and this glided over it, providing a light to medium coverage that can be built up. It has a very nice, natural, skin like finish, which is what I prefer. Not too matte, not too dewy. I noticed that it has a slight cooling sensation when I applied it. I loved the plastic pump dispenser with a cap. It's light, durable and spill proof for transport. I also like that it doesn't have SPF-sometimes a girl wants coverage without automatic sunscreen!

Things I did not like: This oxidised on me. Badly. I felt like an Oompa-Loompa (although I'm sure I'm the only one who thought so), because my skin started out looking alright, but by mid morning had darkened to a brownish orange tinge. Not pretty. That said, I did order mine off of Ebay, so maybe I got a dud? I said "No" to rebuying, but I may try the Healthy Mix Serum Gel in a lighter color to see if I have better luck. Other than the oxidation, this is a very nice foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this product after reading the great reviews and I wasn't disappointed. I had previously just been using a mineral powder after a bad acne breakout and I was worried about putting too much make up on my skin. The powder look got a bit cakey and I decided I needed a liquid foundation or bb cream for a nicer finish. I looked about bb creams but was scared of breaking out again and seen the reviews for this and thought I would try it. Although my skin is oily and acne prone, I do have dry spots and prefer the dewy look. This is exactly what you get with this foundation, just the right amount of dewy and coverage, well for me anyway, I would say it is medium to light coverage but buildable. It really does give a lovely finish and covers my acne scars well, sometimes I wear it alone and to completely cover them I add the healthy mix concealer, just a dab and it is a really nice, natural finish. It hasn't broke me out or dried out my skin, and I have been using it for about a month, so far so good and I would re purchase. I also love that it has a pump and the texture is very blenable on the skin. The colour I got was vanilla clair, which is great for my pale skin while adding just a touch of warmth, it doesn't oxidise at all the colour is lovely. Cannot beat the price either. 25/03/2014 - just to update still using this foundation almost everyday and still love it, no breakouts, great!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by ricatai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A great product! This is the second foundation I've purchased, the first being Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin. I definitely prefer this to the Revlon one for it is much easier to blend. I found the Revlon Colorstay to be a bit cakey which this Bourjois isn't at all. I got a shade too dark by mistake but with time and a good brush, it still looks natural and healthy when applied. The only drawback for me was the price. Although, living in Southeast Asia, the cost for these sort of foundations is always a bit pricey and to be expected. Overall, this is a great foundation for a starter to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

I have this foundation in the shade 52. I purchased from asos.com and I have the one with the red cap which I think is the reformulated version. I really wanted to try the original with the black cap but I couldn't get my hands on it. Anyways, I really like the foundation. When applied it gives me a smooth finish.Easy to apply, I use either my fingers or the Real Techniques expert face brush. Medium coverage. It lasts around 6-7 hours on me. It has been my go-to foundation since I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by tan0088

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands down my favorite foundation, the original formula with the black cap.
I have normal skin with some dry patches. this product is amazing, it does not flake or look cakey.
The finish is natural, maybe a bit dewy which I love. The cover I would say is light to medium. Smells really nice and fruity but not overwhelming and doesn't last after you apply it. Lasting power is definitely not 16 hours, it's around 7-8 hours if you set it with a powder, after that it tends to fade.
Overall it's the best foundation I've ever tried especially for dry skin, no doubt will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Kipperoo453

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation!! I was using the body shop which was rubbish but I didn't realise quite how rubbish until I tried this :D very happy