September 30, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't own the fullsize version of this lipstick.
I got a very cute luxury miniature rouge coco mademoiselle, same case and everything, just smaller as a sample!

I already looked up a lot of swatches online and although the colours looked very pretty I wasn't sure it was for me. I am mixed myself (half European/ half Indian) and have light/ medium brown skin. The natural colour of my lips is a bit darker pinkish red, so too soft/ nude colours often look terrible on me because the colour of my lips changes the original colour into something way too light/ pale for my skincolour.

When I got this at first I didn't even try it on, cause I expected that Mademoiselle, being a soft pink/ natural colour just wouldn't work for me.

A few weeks ago, while cleaning out my make-up stash I found it again and WOW. It does really work for me! I was really very surprised since I expected it to be only for fairskinned women or women with a light natural lipcolour.

I love how this lipstick looks almost great on everyone, and creates an unique shade depending on someone's skintone and natural lip colour!

For example, on my very blonde friend with quite light lips it looks like a very soft natural pink, just a tad darker than her own lip colour, but very sophisticated. On me it stands out a bit more, since it does make my lip a tad lighter, but stil manages to hold a beautiful colour and texture! Great way to make my lips grab the attention without having to grap a bright lipstick!

I have very dry lips, but I can put this lipstick on without having to put lipbalm underneath it. I actually discovered that my lips are a lot less dry, almost normal moist lips, since I started to use lipstick everyday, and not the longlasting kind, which tend to be drying, but ones that also hydrate your lips.

This is definitely not a longlasting lipstick, it fades rather quickly and leaves a nice pinkish creamy hue. I really don't mind to apply my lipstick a few times a day, or my lipstick stash will never get smaller!

The only downside is probably the price, although I really think this lipstick is worth it. It is a colour almost everyone can wear, is an everyday colour and complements with almost everything. For these everyday lipsticks I don't mind to pay more money, since a good everyday lipstick is worth a lot!

So, to sum it al up and a few extra's:

Pro's:
- very creamy, not dry
- NOT glittery, I hate that, they tend to end up all over my face
- Visible, yet natural colour, perfect for everyday
- Suits a lot of skintones
- Very luxurious packaging

Con's:
- The price (although it IS worth it)
- Not for gals looking for a more longlasting lipstick.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first chanel lipstick, and I got it cos of the hype.

Honestly, it's plain, but plain isn't boring. It's not bad, but not wow-ish either. I like the colour, but I don't love it. It's a couple shades red-er/darker than my natural lip colour but isn't so unnatural that it looks fake. It doesn't feel very teenage-y to me, which is good. It looks like a red-mauve-coral on me depending on the light (I'm NC20). It's not a flat colour either, it somehow has depth and dimension without much shimmer.

The formula isn't very moisturising but isn't drying either. I do need to use balm under this, but that's cos I have dry lips. I've been using this a lot, actually.

Repurchase? Probably, just because it's a colour that isn't very demanding and is infinitely versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a little treat for myself because, yes, it is expensive; but it is a gorgeous lipstick. I'm NW15 and on me it's a beautiful deep pink/rose color. My lips are pigmented and this is their color jacked up to 11. It makes me look sophisticated and polished and brings out my brown eyes. It enhances my face instead of taking it over, but is still noticeable if that makes any kind of sense. I like to wear it with NARS All About Eve and a bit of brown liner on my eyes and a soft peach on my cheeks. With this added to it I feel like I look polished and pretty without trying too hard. I've applied with a brush and straight out of the tube and both work wonderfully as the lipstick is smooth and creamy and glides on. Staying power is really good, about 5 hours for me with even fading. I still had some color left. I didn't notice any drying to my lips either. The case is elegant and beautiful, of course. I think this would be flattering to many skintones, but would suggest you try the color out if you can as it appears the color can change depending on who is wearing it. Price is expensive, but like i said it's good quality for the money as I could see using this color for any time of day for either casual or work looks. Glad I got it and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

I didn't realize how much I loved this lipstick until today when I thought I lost it. I seriously got sad because I realized it was my go-to lipstick. I can wear it during the day to look polished and professional for work. I can wear it out at night. On the weekends. Whenever. It always looks good on me. For reference, I'm NW20 in MAC, probably a little lighter during the winter. I also have yellow undertones.

I don't adore the formula. I think it's pretty long lasting, but it can be drying, so I always need to wear lip balm underneath. But I really do love the color. It makes me look awake and fresh. The perfect pink that looks totally natural. I think on me, it shows up as a bit more pink than in the ads, but I simply love it.

When I found this lipstick after losing it, I felt a huge sigh of relief. I was ready to go out and buy two more. One to have in my purse, and one to keep in my bathroom as a back-up in case I ever lost it.

Yeah, I love it :) I also got this for my mom for Mother's Day this year, and she loves it as much as I do. But she also has my coloring.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sarahsic

Totally gorgeous flattering color - almost my nature lip color, but a bit more enhanced. Has staying power. Love it. Would have given it 5 lippies, but I really don't like the fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by AngelScent2251

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite lipstick of all time. I used to work in a cosmetic department, I've tried them all. Time and time again, I came back to this color. It is an elegant, soft but pigmented, pink-brown rose. I have seen it on many different types of people; it can show up too coral or too pink if your natural lip color is very pigmented. You can always use a lip primer under it if you fall in love with the color in the tube. Mademoiselle is a perfect name for this lipstick. It is hydrating and lasts long. I have nude lips, and this color goes on beautifully. It complements my pink porcelain complexion. It is also very versatile- I can wear this daytime and evening. If I were Kate Middleton, I would've worn this at my Royal Wedding ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good lipstick for when you don't want to think too much about your makeup. Looks good with other colors and tones, but also nice on it's own with minimal makeup.

I'm fairly pale, and this formula is creamy with good coverage, not sheer at all, so it does show up on me and has a definite, "I'm wearing lipstick" look. This is a warm pink with hints of coral and brown.

Purchased in Canada, so it was over $40 and though I do like the fomula and color, this is not special enough for that price. Even with lovely packaging and "Chanel click"!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sdepriest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is almost the exact same color as my natural lips, maybe a half shade darker. I am seeing it as having sort of coral-pink tones on everyone else, but on me it looks like a muted, dusty pink. I do like it but I normally go for more red than this. I will keep it because I feel that the lipstick itself is really nice, creamy, has awesome staying power, and I can see myself wearing it for days when I am dressing down or perhaps when I am feeling like doing a nude/natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by dreamrn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

im giving perfect score for this because it is a lovely color for a natural look!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I like, but don't love, Mademoiselle. I have a hard time describing the shade because it seems to change every time I wear it. Is it pink? Is it rose? Is it coral? Some days it appears coral pink, while other days it's more rosy. I like it applied with a lip brush for a more natural looking MLBB. If I want a brighter coral, I apply it straight out of the tube. Some days I feel like it's too bright and thus not as versatile, which is why I can't give it the full 5/5 rating. I agree with other reviewers who say it looks best after it's worn off a bit. For reference, I consider the following to be MLBB colors: MAC Subculture lip liner, Kinda Sexy lipstick (pro), NARS Chihuahua lip gloss, Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Hibiscus.