Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 10/23/2011 8:57:00 PM

Seduced by the hype for this one: that's not to say that it's not a beautiful shade, because it most certainly is: it's just not that complimentary for yellow-based skintones. On the plus side, then: cool-toned complexions should love it. Texture: verging on a little dry.

on 10/12/2011 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the versatility of this lipstick! It's very wearable for day. The color isn't anything mind blowing but I love the classic look it gives me. Definitely a favorite for this fall! It's just one those lipsticks that ties your look together when you have a scarf on, hair thrown up in a messy bun, and a hot latte in your hand! It's probably the longest lasting lipstick that i own.

on 9/11/2011 6:58:00 PM

What a fantastic lipstick! The color is simply stunning! I have very fair skin, so I am unaware how this product would look on darker skin tones, since it is sort of a natural lip color, if you have pale skin. It is very expensive, but I would gladly pay it again for this lipstick. The consistency is wonderful, and I love the packaging to death. Coco, you've done it again!

on 9/10/2011 6:48:00 PM

Wow what a gorgeous lipstick. I bought all the dupes i could find, but caved in and bought the real thing in the end (off Strawberrynet).
The colour is more vibrant than all the dupes, and the feel of it.... oh my gosh so moisturizing and so long lasting!!
Nice enough to wear every day (expecially with how moisturizing it is). And how can a girl feel more special than when she is wearing Chanel!?! And it makes my teeth look white!!
I will look into other Chanel colours too once i have used some of my cheaper lipsticks up :-)

on 8/12/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A truly classic lipstick. I usually like brighter more pigmented shades however I loved the natural yet striking colour.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

What a glorious color! It gives that perfect level of primped and polished alluring look without overdoing it or being too loud. It looks like an enhanced version of my natural lip color which I love. The only thing is that while the texture is creamy, it must be applied on lips that are already in lipstick applying condition. That sounds like a no brainer but when your lips are even the slightest bit on the dry side, this lipstick won't help you moisturize it back to a smooth level so instead you'll have to use some lip balm underneath it first. I guess that can be a good thing too because the lipstick is very pigmented and NOT at all like a lip balm which makes it more worth the money and lasts longer. Such a beautiful color though -- too beautiful to pass up :). If you're going to splurge on any color make sure it's Madamoiselle05 because it's perfect for day or night.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I actually don't own the fullsize version of this lipstick.
I got a very cute luxury miniature rouge coco mademoiselle, same case and everything, just smaller as a sample!

I already looked up a lot of swatches online and although the colours looked very pretty I wasn't sure it was for me. I am mixed myself (half European/ half Indian) and have light/ medium brown skin. The natural colour of my lips is a bit darker pinkish red, so too soft/ nude colours often look terrible on me because the colour of my lips changes the original colour into something way too light/ pale for my skincolour.

When I got this at first I didn't even try it on, cause I expected that Mademoiselle, being a soft pink/ natural colour just wouldn't work for me.

A few weeks ago, while cleaning out my make-up stash I found it again and WOW. It does really work for me! I was really very surprised since I expected it to be only for fairskinned women or women with a light natural lipcolour.

I love how this lipstick looks almost great on everyone, and creates an unique shade depending on someone's skintone and natural lip colour!

For example, on my very blonde friend with quite light lips it looks like a very soft natural pink, just a tad darker than her own lip colour, but very sophisticated. On me it stands out a bit more, since it does make my lip a tad lighter, but stil manages to hold a beautiful colour and texture! Great way to make my lips grab the attention without having to grap a bright lipstick!

I have very dry lips, but I can put this lipstick on without having to put lipbalm underneath it. I actually discovered that my lips are a lot less dry, almost normal moist lips, since I started to use lipstick everyday, and not the longlasting kind, which tend to be drying, but ones that also hydrate your lips.

This is definitely not a longlasting lipstick, it fades rather quickly and leaves a nice pinkish creamy hue. I really don't mind to apply my lipstick a few times a day, or my lipstick stash will never get smaller!

The only downside is probably the price, although I really think this lipstick is worth it. It is a colour almost everyone can wear, is an everyday colour and complements with almost everything. For these everyday lipsticks I don't mind to pay more money, since a good everyday lipstick is worth a lot!

So, to sum it al up and a few extra's:

Pro's:
- very creamy, not dry
- NOT glittery, I hate that, they tend to end up all over my face
- Visible, yet natural colour, perfect for everyday
- Suits a lot of skintones
- Very luxurious packaging

Con's:
- The price (although it IS worth it)
- Not for gals looking for a more longlasting lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first chanel lipstick, and I got it cos of the hype.

Honestly, it's plain, but plain isn't boring. It's not bad, but not wow-ish either. I like the colour, but I don't love it. It's a couple shades red-er/darker than my natural lip colour but isn't so unnatural that it looks fake. It doesn't feel very teenage-y to me, which is good. It looks like a red-mauve-coral on me depending on the light (I'm NC20). It's not a flat colour either, it somehow has depth and dimension without much shimmer.

The formula isn't very moisturising but isn't drying either. I do need to use balm under this, but that's cos I have dry lips. I've been using this a lot, actually.

Repurchase? Probably, just because it's a colour that isn't very demanding and is infinitely versatile.

on 5/14/2011 11:31:00 AM

I bought this as a little treat for myself because, yes, it is expensive; but it is a gorgeous lipstick. I'm NW15 and on me it's a beautiful deep pink/rose color. My lips are pigmented and this is their color jacked up to 11. It makes me look sophisticated and polished and brings out my brown eyes. It enhances my face instead of taking it over, but is still noticeable if that makes any kind of sense. I like to wear it with NARS All About Eve and a bit of brown liner on my eyes and a soft peach on my cheeks. With this added to it I feel like I look polished and pretty without trying too hard. I've applied with a brush and straight out of the tube and both work wonderfully as the lipstick is smooth and creamy and glides on. Staying power is really good, about 5 hours for me with even fading. I still had some color left. I didn't notice any drying to my lips either. The case is elegant and beautiful, of course. I think this would be flattering to many skintones, but would suggest you try the color out if you can as it appears the color can change depending on who is wearing it. Price is expensive, but like i said it's good quality for the money as I could see using this color for any time of day for either casual or work looks. Glad I got it and would buy again.

on 5/13/2011 10:04:00 PM

I didn't realize how much I loved this lipstick until today when I thought I lost it. I seriously got sad because I realized it was my go-to lipstick. I can wear it during the day to look polished and professional for work. I can wear it out at night. On the weekends. Whenever. It always looks good on me. For reference, I'm NW20 in MAC, probably a little lighter during the winter. I also have yellow undertones.

I don't adore the formula. I think it's pretty long lasting, but it can be drying, so I always need to wear lip balm underneath. But I really do love the color. It makes me look awake and fresh. The perfect pink that looks totally natural. I think on me, it shows up as a bit more pink than in the ads, but I simply love it.

When I found this lipstick after losing it, I felt a huge sigh of relief. I was ready to go out and buy two more. One to have in my purse, and one to keep in my bathroom as a back-up in case I ever lost it.

Yeah, I love it :) I also got this for my mom for Mother's Day this year, and she loves it as much as I do. But she also has my coloring.

Popular Lipsticks