July 23, 2014 | 1296 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Admittedly, this is a freaking hassle to deal with. As with many pale pastels I've found, the first coat is very streaky - apply carefully and as evenly as humanly possible. It takes three coats to even out and get an opaque look... and if you've reached three coats and have a completely smooth finish (a.k.a. no pooling icky streakage at the sides of the nails) then YOU, my friend, are a GOD OF NAIL POLISH and I bow to thee. Seriously, I haven't totally mastered this talent and neither will any nail polish novice. If you've got the time and/or patience, get Tart Deco. It really is an adorable spring/summer color, a light peachy-orange-pinky that flatters a tan or even my deathly pale epidermis. It really does pop on the nails and looks great with either a glossy or matte finish. Just... beware of the subpar formula. (On another note, there might be something on the market in a similar shade with a better formula. If not, let's hope!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kanne0729

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a huge Essie fan and the majority of my polishes, which is A LOT, are Essie polish and I wanted to like Tart Deco so bad, but it didn't end up that way. When I was in the store looking at the polishes I stumbled upon this one and thought that it looked gorgeous, it was such a different light peachy color without any shimmer and I loved it, but when I put it on that night it looked NOTHING like it did in the bottle. This color, on me at least, came out as a bright neon orange and look absolutely horrid on me. The application was so difficult, the formula of this polish was awful and way to difficult to work with, it was thick and gloopy and was just an overall mess, it took forever to dry too, unlike all of my other Essie polishes. About two hours or so after I painted my nails with this color, I took it off. I was so disappointed with this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chellybean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a soft colour and I really enjoy it. Its subtle peach and orange shade that is great for summer. Its a cute colour and the consistency is great. Covers in two coats, great polish

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by BrianaRynae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am a die hard Essie fan, but I will admit that a lot of their polishes are gummy and don't want to dry right. This one however dries hard as a rock, and in a relatively short amount of time for nail polish. It only took two coats for full coverage and the color is a trendy pastel peach/coral. I am completely in love with this shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by fairykikka

I've bought the polish on ebay for about 8 , the colors seemed more pinky coral but it's a bright salmon. I like it but it's too "pastel" I prefer more sheer polishes. It takes 2-3 coats to be perfect and bright, love it on my toes not on my fingers. I've found the perfect coral in Catrice Primp my Shrimp cheaper and great color too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kipsie

This was the first Essie bottle I ever purchased, which was on a whim since I was a pretty faithful Sally Hansen user. I work in retail, so in using my hands a lot, my polish usually doesn't withstand, but the Essie does great in lasting a lot longer than the SH did. The color looks great with my pseudo-pale hands (lol) and I found that if I start applying from the tip of my nail down to the cuticle, it doesn't streak as much, and if I do a light coat, let dry fully and continue with a second to third coat, it shows up really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by bballsmi423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I understand all of the negative reviews on this product, but I don't share the same opinion.

Yes, the formula is streaky. It took me 3 coats for it to finally look acceptable. However, once it was on, you couldn't tell it was streaky at all!

Yes, the color comes out differently than in the bottle. I bought it because I wanted BL's Trout Pout, but don't have access to it around here. I went into Walgreens looking for something similar and this caught my eye. In the bottle, it looks like a nice coral color. However, it is a bit brighter on the nails. I wouldn't say neon, but the color salmon comes to mind. Honestly, it looks lovely with my skin tone and is probably my favorite color right now for summer. I'm sort of glad that it looks a little bit different than the bottle, because I like the end result much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by svdr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm quite surprised by the negative reviews on this polish! I would say that it does look a bit different in the bottle- I was expecting more of a pink-orange pastel. On my nails it's what I would call a bright salmon, and I love it! The consistency is thin, but that's how I like it. I found it more opaque than some of my other Essie polishes, and definitely not more streaky than a decent top coat could fix. Overall I'm really quite happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Barbara98

Tart deco from Essie is coral colored. I like the color, even its a little neon. The consistency is a little a thin, and you need 2 layers to cober the nail

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Ugh. I love this color when I see it in swatches online but hate it on me. It's a bright pastel with a lot of white in it and it's really unflattering on both my hands and my feet. I love oranges and corals but this particular shade is singularly unattractive next to my skin. It's also really bright - not a soft pastel... and in fact, now that I've read the review below comparing it to the fluorescent orange of macaroni & cheese powder, she's spot on. It's on my toes and that's exactly what I see.

I guess I don't need to say much more about the formula except to chime in and say that it's an hot mess.