Essie Tart Deco

2.9

on 12/3/2012 4:31:00 PM

Liked the color, but it took like four coats to get a full application. Seems too thick and is hard to work with.

on 11/28/2012 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This polish is actually a very wearable peachy cream orange for me. I like it especially for summer and fall. It didn't streak on me, and I didn't use a top coat when I first applied it, so it kept its original color (now I see all the complaints). I'll take off a lippie for that, though.

EDIT: it is streaky. I definitely prefer Wet N Wild Blazed too.

on 10/28/2012 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Essie Tart Deco is a gorgeous coral creme. Application wasn't too much of a problem, as long as you're using a good base coat. HOWEVER, be aware of the fact that this polish does not react nicely with top coats and thus, changes from a beautiful pinky coral hue to an ugly neon orange. I would advise everyone to not use a top coat in order to avoid color changing, even though that will significantly reduce the lasting power of the polish. Thus, 2 lippies deducted for an otherwise gorgeous color.

on 10/16/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Difficult to apply.

The color looks much darker and less flattering on nails than in the bottle. I felt like I grabbed that orangey-pinkish highlighter and decided to mix it with liquid paper and dab it on my nails.

2 applications are enough, if the streakiness of the polish doesn’t ruin it for you.

Won’t buy this color again.

on 10/6/2012 8:18:00 AM

LOVED this color in the bottle. When I got it on my fingers, it dried darker and not nearly as attractive. Not so easy to put on, either-streaky and hard to work with. Ended up throwing it out(I hate to do that).

on 9/1/2012 2:29:00 PM

Love, love this color. Orangey-color. However, it was my experience that this is a terrible nail polish. I thought Essie was a good brand! And certainly, for the price I was extremely disappointed in this polish. It was thick and goopy, and impossible to apply. You can see in many pictures of this polish that it creates an unusually thick layer of polish over the nail, rather than gliding on. I'm sticking to OPI at this price range!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a cute peach color. I love it on its own and it also looks cute (and more creamy) with a transparent white on top (i used Revlon Calla Lilly).

on 8/21/2012 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Tart Deco is by far my FAVORITE nail polish! I have medium brown skin and it looks great on my skin tone. It doesn't chip and lasts a long time. Pastel colors are my favorite. This color is not too bright. Will be purchasing more pastel colors from Essie.

on 8/20/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Admittedly, this is a freaking hassle to deal with. As with many pale pastels I've found, the first coat is very streaky - apply carefully and as evenly as humanly possible. It takes three coats to even out and get an opaque look... and if you've reached three coats and have a completely smooth finish (a.k.a. no pooling icky streakage at the sides of the nails) then YOU, my friend, are a GOD OF NAIL POLISH and I bow to thee. Seriously, I haven't totally mastered this talent and neither will any nail polish novice. If you've got the time and/or patience, get Tart Deco. It really is an adorable spring/summer color, a light peachy-orange-pinky that flatters a tan or even my deathly pale epidermis. It really does pop on the nails and looks great with either a glossy or matte finish. Just... beware of the subpar formula. (On another note, there might be something on the market in a similar shade with a better formula. If not, let's hope!)

on 8/4/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a huge Essie fan and the majority of my polishes, which is A LOT, are Essie polish and I wanted to like Tart Deco so bad, but it didn't end up that way. When I was in the store looking at the polishes I stumbled upon this one and thought that it looked gorgeous, it was such a different light peachy color without any shimmer and I loved it, but when I put it on that night it looked NOTHING like it did in the bottle. This color, on me at least, came out as a bright neon orange and look absolutely horrid on me. The application was so difficult, the formula of this polish was awful and way to difficult to work with, it was thick and gloopy and was just an overall mess, it took forever to dry too, unlike all of my other Essie polishes. About two hours or so after I painted my nails with this color, I took it off. I was so disappointed with this color.

Popular Polishes