October 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by speguero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Difficult to apply.

The color looks much darker and less flattering on nails than in the bottle. I felt like I grabbed that orangey-pinkish highlighter and decided to mix it with liquid paper and dab it on my nails.

2 applications are enough, if the streakiness of the polish doesn’t ruin it for you.

Won’t buy this color again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by brinel

LOVED this color in the bottle. When I got it on my fingers, it dried darker and not nearly as attractive. Not so easy to put on, either-streaky and hard to work with. Ended up throwing it out(I hate to do that).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by guinnrm

Love, love this color. Orangey-color. However, it was my experience that this is a terrible nail polish. I thought Essie was a good brand! And certainly, for the price I was extremely disappointed in this polish. It was thick and goopy, and impossible to apply. You can see in many pictures of this polish that it creates an unusually thick layer of polish over the nail, rather than gliding on. I'm sticking to OPI at this price range!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is such a cute peach color. I love it on its own and it also looks cute (and more creamy) with a transparent white on top (i used Revlon Calla Lilly).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by khoward46

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Tart Deco is by far my FAVORITE nail polish! I have medium brown skin and it looks great on my skin tone. It doesn't chip and lasts a long time. Pastel colors are my favorite. This color is not too bright. Will be purchasing more pastel colors from Essie.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Admittedly, this is a freaking hassle to deal with. As with many pale pastels I've found, the first coat is very streaky - apply carefully and as evenly as humanly possible. It takes three coats to even out and get an opaque look... and if you've reached three coats and have a completely smooth finish (a.k.a. no pooling icky streakage at the sides of the nails) then YOU, my friend, are a GOD OF NAIL POLISH and I bow to thee. Seriously, I haven't totally mastered this talent and neither will any nail polish novice. If you've got the time and/or patience, get Tart Deco. It really is an adorable spring/summer color, a light peachy-orange-pinky that flatters a tan or even my deathly pale epidermis. It really does pop on the nails and looks great with either a glossy or matte finish. Just... beware of the subpar formula. (On another note, there might be something on the market in a similar shade with a better formula. If not, let's hope!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kanne0729

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a huge Essie fan and the majority of my polishes, which is A LOT, are Essie polish and I wanted to like Tart Deco so bad, but it didn't end up that way. When I was in the store looking at the polishes I stumbled upon this one and thought that it looked gorgeous, it was such a different light peachy color without any shimmer and I loved it, but when I put it on that night it looked NOTHING like it did in the bottle. This color, on me at least, came out as a bright neon orange and look absolutely horrid on me. The application was so difficult, the formula of this polish was awful and way to difficult to work with, it was thick and gloopy and was just an overall mess, it took forever to dry too, unlike all of my other Essie polishes. About two hours or so after I painted my nails with this color, I took it off. I was so disappointed with this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chellybean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a soft colour and I really enjoy it. Its subtle peach and orange shade that is great for summer. Its a cute colour and the consistency is great. Covers in two coats, great polish

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by BrianaRynae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am a die hard Essie fan, but I will admit that a lot of their polishes are gummy and don't want to dry right. This one however dries hard as a rock, and in a relatively short amount of time for nail polish. It only took two coats for full coverage and the color is a trendy pastel peach/coral. I am completely in love with this shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by fairykikka

I've bought the polish on ebay for about €8 , the colors seemed more pinky coral but it's a bright salmon. I like it but it's too "pastel" I prefer more sheer polishes. It takes 2-3 coats to be perfect and bright, love it on my toes not on my fingers. I've found the perfect coral in Catrice Primp my Shrimp cheaper and great color too.