July 29, 2014 | 1032 users online

Sunscreen - EltaMD - UV Clear SPF 46

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by iamoneoak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought by clear it meant the stuff wouldn't leave your face looking white. Not true. This stuff is the same white as most every other sunscreen. It makes my face look shiny. I don't like that. Took a while to figure out the clear means its supposed to clear acne spots cuz it has niacinamide in it. Gimmicky. I like the pump but can't tell how much is left. Not buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by reviews2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! It is expensive but it is sooo nice and it is totally non greasy. Well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG SS for my face!! No breakouts for me, if not made it better. I bought dames off eBay 1st to make sure it was all good for my acne/clog prone, sensitive, oily skin. Yep no issues. Been using this over a yr now, purchased a couple times now and still go thru eBay as well. I agree with another not knowing when exactly I will run out so after about 3 months I just purchase another bottle and within the wk I'm needing the new bottle. Love this stuff, I put a good amount on bc it just sinks in to your skin with no oily/greasy finish. My face is pale, while the rest of me is getting pretty good color, which is how I like it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Tako2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only facial sunscreen I have found that does not make me break out, make me a grease ball, or both. In fact, I think it controls the oily spots on my skin a bit more than if I wasn't using it, and I think the Vitamin B in it really does help reduce the appearance of any acne issues (I swear my face looks better after a few minutes of having it on than before I put it on). The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging because, while great for usage, I cannot tell AT ALL how far along I am with using it. Basically I'm going to be without sunscreen/a light moisturizer for however many days it takes to get this shipped to my house again since I can't tell how much is left in the bottle (and no, you can't tell by the weight because the thing is practically weightless when it's full). I could purchase it again now and just have an extra on hand, but it is expensive for me and I would rather wait until I really need to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by mstroche

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can now say with confidence that this is the first sunscreen that I have used since I started applying sunscreen daily 15 years ago that does not break me out. I am 37 and have always struggled with very oily skin, acne, cysts and dark spots, and while wearing sunscreen always made my acne worse I could not bypass it because of the hyperpigmentation and prescription treatments. So I started using Elta Clear 5 months ago when I started my current prescription treatment for hyperpigmentation and acne, and I was mostly attributing not having acne for the first time in years to the treatment (a combination of tretinoin, vitamin C and hydroquinone). But, I ran out of the Elta Clear last week and I started using other sunscreens, and within days I suddenly have a few breakouts, so definitely this sunscreen had been doing its job of keeping my face clear. I've tried so many brands and have spared no expense (Clinique City Block Spf 25 and 40, Solbar, Purpose, Obagi, Tizo 3, Total Block, Fallene Cotz, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, and most recently Peter Thomas Roth Uber Dry and Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF 55, and I could keep going) but I think I'm done searching. I will say that the finish is not matte, and in the heat it seems to melt off, but having clear skin outweighs anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kdub2191

only used this for a day so far.but the texture of this is unlike any other sunscreen i've ever tried. it's like a light oil free moisturizer that leaves you looking fresh and not at ALL greasy or shiny. It sinks right into your skin.

I'm waiting to see if it makes me break out. But if not, this will be my new favorite and onlyyy sunscreen from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by slim34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this sunscreen. Its nice and light and I love the fact that it contains niacinamide. I also like that it does not clog or irritate my acne-prone skin. It feels nice going on, and isn't too heavy. My main problem with this product is that after application it balls up worse than any sunscreen I've ever used. Makeup does not work well with it because this.

I use it on days when I don't care about my makeup as much, just so I can use up the bottle. I definitely will not repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by slyrivkah

I bought this sunscreen because it had good reviews for people who tend to get clogged pores or acne from sunscreen. It has definitely performed for me. I haven't had a pimple or blackhead in around 2 months, and previously I had at least 2 per month, plus blackheads.

I also changed my regimen. I use Paula's Choice normalizing cleanser, 2% salicylic acid liquid (extra-strength), and her barrier repair moisturizer. (No silicones).

For reference, I'm 27 with fair skin that is somewhat sensitive, and prone to breakouts from products.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lalalea

Hmm, so this ss has broken me out the least of any ss I have tried (and I have tried MANY)... but it still broke me out quite badly. I don't know if I can fault the formulation though, because I have a growing suspicion that the physical sunscreens (zinc and titanium dioxide) themselves are what are making me break out by drying the surface of my normally oily skin and thus disrupting the oil flow.

I found the ss consistency to be fine and since I do OCM, it was easy to remove completely at night. It didn't make me shiny, didn't pill during makeup application, didn't smell bad and I loved the pump packaging. For someone who doesn't have problems with physical ss ingredients, I think this product would work well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by fancyfrancie

INITIAL REVIEW: Awesome. I have combination/oily skin. I've been searching far and wide for a mineral sunscreen with the following five qualities:
1) fragrance-free
2) contains "extras" (niacinimine, vitamin E, etc)
3) non-greasy (VERY IMPORTANT)
4) silky, easy to blend, no patchiness
5) no breakouts
So far I can say that this product meets qualifications 1-4! I will get back to you in two weeks or so with the verdict on #5 (if a new product is clogging my skin, I usually find out within 10 consecutive days of use). This stuff is a dream to apply. It's so silky-smooth, it just glides evenly over your skin, which means you don't have to stand in front of the mirror blending for five full minutes to get your face to look normal. It does leave the slightest white cast, but it's actually very flattering and brightening, not ghastly or unnatural-looking at all. This is definitely worth trying, and Paula Begoun gives it a happy face. I'll come back and let you know how the product stands up to acne. Fingers crossed!
EDIT:
A few months later, I'm still very impressed. I wear this about every other day (the other days I use Paula's Choice Skin Balancing SPF 15) and my skin tone and texture has noticeably improved. I really recommend this.