April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Concealers - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by terrag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! I was the kind of girl who would buy the cheapest ones (you know the kind. The concealers that covered the skin around the blemish instead of the problem spot, leaving it more noticable? Yeah. That was me.) and me being 15, I started to get more acne than those brands could cover. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and they suggested Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer, in shade 51. I tried it and it was nice, heaven compare to my other ones! I'm sure that there are better coverage ones out there for less money, but this blends flawlessly with the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation I just bought and does it's duty.
Pros: Medium coverage, blends nicely, not overpowering but pleasant smell, creamy.

Cons: PRICE (I almost passed out. $20 for a wee tube like that? Ouch.), I like the packaging but it's easy to squeeze too much out, no applicator (which I don't particularly mind, it's a bit more sanitary when you just drop some onto your hand and take from there, but a lot of people like an applicator.)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by GingerTaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this after I purchased Healthy Mix Serum. I found even though the foundation is fantastic and very light for the summer, it doesn't cover some acne and very dark spots that sometimes appear on my skin. I'm shade #52 (just as the foundation) and I really like it a lot! It has a nice coverage, and it covers perfectly well the things that Healthy Mix Serum cannot cover. I think for its price it could actually in a different type of packaging (I'm personally a fan of sponge brushes for concealer), sometimes I squeeze too much out of the tube without applying too much pressure and I don't like the consistency of the one with the normal brush, which is the alternative. But overall, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by lurveit914

I actually really like this concealer. I've heard quite a few YouTube beauty lovers mention it here and there so I decided to pick it up. I purchased mine in number 52 from Priceline for $19. I use my Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque for my purple/blue under eye circles and as for pimples/redness... I usually just use something low end but that's what I'm comparing this to.

I know some have said they've experienced cakeyness with their under eye area and if that ever happens I will update my review but otherwise I think it does a fantastic job on the area. It's opaque enough to cancel out the darkness whilst it also slightly brightens the area. The one up this actually has over my BB corrector is that it dries to somewhat a powder finish. With my BB corrector I really need to set the area quite well and even then I still find the moisture causes the shadow on my lower lash line to slip giving me racoon eyes (regardless of using my UDPP). I've noticed when wearing this concealer my under eye area still looks flawless by the end of the day (due to the powder finish) and of course I love that. As for pimples/redness - the concealer cancels it out. I understand that logic tells us that this one concealer shouldn't be cancelling both purple/blue and red but it does. It also stays put once it's applied and for somebody like me with oily skin; the powder finish it dries to is greatly appreciated. Whatever I needed to conceal is still concealed by the end of the day.

As for application - you don't need a lot of it and if you use too much - you will hate it because it will eventually cake on you. I'm also not a fan of using my fingers to apply it because you can easily put too much on. I take the route paved out by the Pixiwoo sisters with their real technique eye brushes (domed shadow or deluxe crease) to buff the concealer in for a more natural yet flawless look. Honestly, I really adore this concealer but I would probably highly recommend it to those with combination to oily skin more so than those with normal to dry skin. Also, much like many low end makeup companies - the colour range is pretty ridiculous with only three shades available.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by CClovesproducts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after watching both lisa eldgridge and the pixiwoo sisters using this product i was keenly excited to get my hands on it.
i'm using shade 53 for my olive skin tone and i find that it makes my skin appear ashy. i think the colour seems to have a very greyish tint to it which can be seen while in the tube.
i do have a lot of redness around my nose and this concealer doesn't cancel it out as well as i would like. i bought it for $25 (australia) which i think is a bit pricey for a product that didn't give me the coverage that i needed.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by littlerosex

I like this concealer to cancel out redness in my skin. I dont think it is good for blemishes or under eye circles but I love it for cancelling redness. I wouldnt re purchase this as I would prefer a concealer that covers everything. Also the scent is a bit to sickly for me. It dries to a kind of powdery finish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

I use this concealer in the lightest shade 51 - it is a pretty perfect match for my N10/15 skin.

PROS:
- Perfect colour match for me. I like using this on my good skin days when I skip foundation.
- Really easy to blend, nice light texture and consistency. Not too heavy or cakey. I apply it with my fingers or with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush.
- Good medium coverage, can be built up. Covers dark circles and blemishes easily.
- Good packaging, easy to squeeze it out of the tube, easy to control how much you want.
- A little goes a long way: a pea sized amount if enough for my whole face.
- Looks natural and brightens under the eyes.
- Good staying power.
CONS:
- Dries quite quickly to a dry finish - may not be too good for dry skinned people.
- Fragrance is not my favourite, but doesn't linger and doesn't bother me much.
VERDICT:
This is my everyday concealer. It's easy to use, covers well, matches my skin perfectly, looks natural - would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Color range could be better, though is a good concealer, doesn´t have a bad texture on the skin, it looks light but cover good! and smells good ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by seeminglydiana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this concealer in 53 Dark Radiance. I bought it from the local Shoppers and I have heard about how nice this concealer is. It has a wonderful creamy texture and the coverage is great! The raspberries is a bonus. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by JosieTheDuck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought it with a huge discount and was really surpriced. I have shade 52, which is quite light, but I like it because it's really bright shade, and it is something that I enjoy in concealers. You need really tiny amount of it, so I think the tube can last for year or two. For me it almost doesn't crease! Which I love, because I have oily skin. I will buy it again, I think. Beware that shade 51 is superlight and if you're have average light skin, not superpale, you'd better buy 52 or even 53.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Nikky612

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent concealer!
I use the lightest shade for my very fair skin and its excellent and covering blemishes and under eye circles
The consistency is very creamy and of a medium thickness which is very spreadable
A prefect match for me light skin (even a little bit lighter which is great before foundation)
Definitely repurchasing this and keeping it as a permanent in my make-up routine