Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer

3.6

HEALTHY MIX CONCEALER / ANTICERNES CORRECTEUR: AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPANEDIOL, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), SILICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), DIMETHICONE, CHLORPHENESIN, MICA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLYCERIN, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, RUBUS ARCTICUS FRUIT EXTRACT, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE, SORBIC ACID.

on 3/11/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love love loveeee this concealer! The colour matches me perfectly. Although there are only 3 colour choices, I use the shade 53. The concealer does have a fruity scent which might be a problem for some people but I actually like the scent. This concealer has medium to full coverage. It has a yellowish undertone (which is perfect for me). I have combination skin and this concealer does not make me break out.

on 2/28/2013 1:45:00 PM

Bourjois claims this is a double action under eye concealer that will illuminate and provide instant anti-fatigue results, plus contains vitamins C & E.
I purchased the lightest shade in 61 from the three shades available (61, 62, & 63), and for reference I wear Bourjois foundation in 51 and MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1.
The concealer is good match for my complexion and has a slight pinky-salmon undertone. The formula's texture is a little runny, but creamy and definitely feels light weight. Blends easily and sets to a semi-matte finish that doesn't feel dry or uncomfortable.
In terms of brightening and illuminating, it does provide some, but the formula isn't as pigmented as other products I've tried and love and I would best describe the coverage as light. Works very well with having a concealer applied over top with interfering or looking cakey either. Wears well too during the day with some minimal creasing, but no fading.
The biggest con for me is the packaging I'm not a fan of the attached bristle brush as they always feel scratchy and seem unhygienic, but easily remedied by sniping them off and using my own brushes or fingers for application.
Personally, I will gradually use this product up, but not repurchase due to the lack of coverage as I have and love other products that provide better coverage and meet my needs. Plus there is always new items being launched into the market too that I will be curious to try.

on 2/24/2013 9:13:00 AM

I had big hopes for this one... You all gave it great reviews so I bought it and bum! I simply didn't fall in love with it. It seems to work great for many girls, but it just doesn't work for me. It doesn't cover blemishes or pimples or anything at all.. it just makes the area more bright and just makes it look worse! under the eyes it gets so dry and makes me look even more tired.
I think I'm not even going to finish it.. next please? :)
_______________________________________________
xoxo Lolitagirl

on 2/17/2013 2:43:00 PM

At first it looks wonderful,but then it dries (after couple of hours) the color changes completly and it will be seem on the face very well.Also,after couple and hours all the spots will be seem again,so you need it to keep it in your purse.This is realy average products I won't buy it again :(

on 1/25/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its not bad,but its very drying and it makes my under eye area dry. Its brightening ,but the coverage isn't that good.I wouldn't repurchase but some of u may like it!

on 1/23/2013 11:09:00 AM

I have the Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 (which I'm not a fan of; see my review) and the salesgirl assured me that I needed the matching concealer in 52 as well. Actually, 52 is too light both as a shade and in terms of pigment. If I layer it over redness or blemishes with a brush, it does an ok job, but it gets oranger and oranger as the day goes by. And it's useless for undereye circles: too thin, too dry, too pale.

on 1/13/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this, especially for covering acne blemishes; it is a bit dry on its own for the under eye area, so if I'm going to use it for dark circles, I mix it with a tiny bit of a moisturizing foundation (MUFE F&B) and it works fine for me. I might repurchase, but I want to try other concealers :)

on 12/12/2012 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have a mixed opinion about this concealer. I do like the shade because it matches exactly my (winter) skin colour but there are only 3 shades available so it's probably not the best option. I tried using it under my eyes because it does have a brightening effect while concealing dark circles or redness but under my eyes it just looks cakey. Even though this is a liquid concealer it turns into a powdery like texture when applying which dries out my eye area making fine lines even more visible.
So I usually put this concealer on the corners of my lips and my nose area where it tends to be red and this concealer has medium to full coverage which will last you pretty much all day.
It's a good product but you might want to stay away from it if you are someone with dry skin.

on 12/6/2012 11:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Bought this as was recc'd by Lisa Eldridge and well reviewed here. It was only 6 so I purchased without looking hard at the tester. It was a complete waste of 6, I have to say. Maybe I had a faulty bottle but the coverage was dreadful (really poor at concealing reddish areas) and an hour after applying and setting with a Smashbox powder, it lifted off at the lightest touch. Utterly useless, only matched in uselessness by the Healthy Mix Foundation which I also found to be atrocious, but I realise I'm in the minority. I have found Revlon Colourstay concealer to be a massively superior concealer for not much more money.

on 11/22/2012 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the Healthy Mix Serum foundation in 51 Vanille Clair, and I bought the Healthy Mix Concealer also in 51 (the lightest shade). I was disappointed that the foundation was too dark for my N10ish skin, and so put both the concealer and the foundation in the back of my makeup drawer. I pulled out the concealer again a few days ago because I was desperate for something better to cover some bad breakouts and cheek redness that I've been struggling with lately. Despite it being nearly December and my skin being even paler than when I bought the concealer, I realized that it actually does match when blended in, and so I proceeded to cover all the things that need to be covered.

I was completely surprised by this product when used on its own. It has a yellowness and density of pigment to it that really cover redness well. It doesn't cling as bad as every other concealer I've tried to the flaky skin that I can't get rid of. Plus it dries in such a way that I don't even need to set it with powder. The thin texture is easy to smooth into my undereye area (did I mention it also works on undereyes?) and it stays put very well.

I'm really happy with this concealer, and I will definitely repurchase. I could live without the scent, honestly -- it smells like fruit -- but I'll overlook it since the fragrance has not (fingers crossed!) irritated my skin. This is an extremely good product at a relatively reasonable price point (more than drugstore, less than H/E).

Top Rated Bourjois Products