October 2, 2014 | 1337 users online

Concealers - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this as was recc'd by Lisa Eldridge and well reviewed here. It was only 6 so I purchased without looking hard at the tester. It was a complete waste of 6, I have to say. Maybe I had a faulty bottle but the coverage was dreadful (really poor at concealing reddish areas) and an hour after applying and setting with a Smashbox powder, it lifted off at the lightest touch. Utterly useless, only matched in uselessness by the Healthy Mix Foundation which I also found to be atrocious, but I realise I'm in the minority. I have found Revlon Colourstay concealer to be a massively superior concealer for not much more money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by polkadottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the Healthy Mix Serum foundation in 51 Vanille Clair, and I bought the Healthy Mix Concealer also in 51 (the lightest shade). I was disappointed that the foundation was too dark for my N10ish skin, and so put both the concealer and the foundation in the back of my makeup drawer. I pulled out the concealer again a few days ago because I was desperate for something better to cover some bad breakouts and cheek redness that I've been struggling with lately. Despite it being nearly December and my skin being even paler than when I bought the concealer, I realized that it actually does match when blended in, and so I proceeded to cover all the things that need to be covered.

I was completely surprised by this product when used on its own. It has a yellowness and density of pigment to it that really cover redness well. It doesn't cling as bad as every other concealer I've tried to the flaky skin that I can't get rid of. Plus it dries in such a way that I don't even need to set it with powder. The thin texture is easy to smooth into my undereye area (did I mention it also works on undereyes?) and it stays put very well.

I'm really happy with this concealer, and I will definitely repurchase. I could live without the scent, honestly -- it smells like fruit -- but I'll overlook it since the fragrance has not (fingers crossed!) irritated my skin. This is an extremely good product at a relatively reasonable price point (more than drugstore, less than H/E).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in medium. I think it is particularly perfect for the eye area. It goes on easily and so no dragging of delicate skin. Great price and I like the packaging. Coverage is excellent and a tube can last forever as you need so little to achieve the results required. It stays put all day after a dusting of transparent powder to set it. Definitely a fave.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I actually really loved this product.. the whole reason for being is that it blends so well..and you can dab on your blemishes all over and blend... it won't rub off where you've dabbed.. it just blends so easily.. I have had worse more expensive concealers... so this is a keeper.. It definitely has a smell to it, like berries.. it isn't strong enough that you can smell it on your face.. but overall I love this concealer for covering my blemishes and blending so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i actually got the PEN one, but i think the product is the same but different package.
i got this in the darkest shade since i only want to cover my dark circle without making my under eye look patchy. i have to say it does cover most of my dark circle, but you can still see a little shade of it, which is ok since im going to use this everyday for a natural look. so for those who looks for a FULL cover, this is NOT for you!
the consistency is really liquidy, and since its a dark shade, i use my finger after i apply it to blend it.
this is NOT oily at all! its moist, i think normal/dry and normal/oily can survive this, especially i live in a tropical country and im a normal/oily, did not feel oily at all, so thats a HUGE plus!
this is my first concealer ever and i love it!
i got it for $7 :) probably going to try the lighter shade too

UPDATE 5th nov 2012
i LOVE this stuff! i got the lighter shade and its perfect, again, since its liquid consistency it will NOT have a full cover, but this is perfect for everyday just to make my dark circle look less :) so yea definitely hg :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this concealer after hearing about it on Pixiwoo and Lisa Elridge. Im a pale to medium complexion (BB Sand, Clinique Alabastor-Ivory, MAC NC15-20) combo complexion, this concealer only comes in 3 shades and they are all very similar. I cant see how really dark/tanned girls could wear it without getting a reverse-panda look.
I used to use RIMMEL Recover concealer (which i think its been discontinued). I've been looking for ages for a concealer and I'm pretty happy this is a substitute.
Pros: Its a liquid concealer, blends very easily (using RT dome brush), very full coverage and could almost use alone without foundation, very affordable, dries to a powdery finish but still has some luminosity
Cons: Only comes in three shades, squeeze tube container can end up with too much product and no way to put it back, unless your primer/moisturising base is good it may crease a little.
Verdit = definitely buy again, not HG worthy but a very good little concealer for the price. As per other reviews, wont work for everybody but works well enough for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

This is probably the best concealer I've tried. It beats all of my old favourite concealers such as Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, Revlon Color Stay, etc.
I love this concealer because it offers medium to full coverage without looking thick. It is perfect for covering blemishes and dark circles underneath eyes. I also use it to cover redness around my nose. Its easy to blend and it looks like I'm not wearing concealer at all.
I use shade 52 which is perfect for my neutral, fair to medium complexion. As a reference my foundation shades are: Chanel 20, Clinique Anti-blemish Solution in 02 Fresh Ivory, Bourjois Healthy Mix 52 (obviously!). These foundations are perfect on me, so if you use any of these and you like them, I'm sure this concealer will be perfect for you.
The price is great. It makes you realise that you don't need to spend a million dollars to get an excellent product.
The packaging is basic but this doesn't bother me at all.
I would buy it again for sure.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by terrag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! I was the kind of girl who would buy the cheapest ones (you know the kind. The concealers that covered the skin around the blemish instead of the problem spot, leaving it more noticable? Yeah. That was me.) and me being 15, I started to get more acne than those brands could cover. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and they suggested Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer, in shade 51. I tried it and it was nice, heaven compare to my other ones! I'm sure that there are better coverage ones out there for less money, but this blends flawlessly with the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation I just bought and does it's duty.
Pros: Medium coverage, blends nicely, not overpowering but pleasant smell, creamy.

Cons: PRICE (I almost passed out. $20 for a wee tube like that? Ouch.), I like the packaging but it's easy to squeeze too much out, no applicator (which I don't particularly mind, it's a bit more sanitary when you just drop some onto your hand and take from there, but a lot of people like an applicator.)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by GingerTaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this after I purchased Healthy Mix Serum. I found even though the foundation is fantastic and very light for the summer, it doesn't cover some acne and very dark spots that sometimes appear on my skin. I'm shade #52 (just as the foundation) and I really like it a lot! It has a nice coverage, and it covers perfectly well the things that Healthy Mix Serum cannot cover. I think for its price it could actually in a different type of packaging (I'm personally a fan of sponge brushes for concealer), sometimes I squeeze too much out of the tube without applying too much pressure and I don't like the consistency of the one with the normal brush, which is the alternative. But overall, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by lurveit914

I actually really like this concealer. I've heard quite a few YouTube beauty lovers mention it here and there so I decided to pick it up. I purchased mine in number 52 from Priceline for $19. I use my Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque for my purple/blue under eye circles and as for pimples/redness... I usually just use something low end but that's what I'm comparing this to.

I know some have said they've experienced cakeyness with their under eye area and if that ever happens I will update my review but otherwise I think it does a fantastic job on the area. It's opaque enough to cancel out the darkness whilst it also slightly brightens the area. The one up this actually has over my BB corrector is that it dries to somewhat a powder finish. With my BB corrector I really need to set the area quite well and even then I still find the moisture causes the shadow on my lower lash line to slip giving me racoon eyes (regardless of using my UDPP). I've noticed when wearing this concealer my under eye area still looks flawless by the end of the day (due to the powder finish) and of course I love that. As for pimples/redness - the concealer cancels it out. I understand that logic tells us that this one concealer shouldn't be cancelling both purple/blue and red but it does. It also stays put once it's applied and for somebody like me with oily skin; the powder finish it dries to is greatly appreciated. Whatever I needed to conceal is still concealed by the end of the day.

As for application - you don't need a lot of it and if you use too much - you will hate it because it will eventually cake on you. I'm also not a fan of using my fingers to apply it because you can easily put too much on. I take the route paved out by the Pixiwoo sisters with their real technique eye brushes (domed shadow or deluxe crease) to buff the concealer in for a more natural yet flawless look. Honestly, I really adore this concealer but I would probably highly recommend it to those with combination to oily skin more so than those with normal to dry skin. Also, much like many low end makeup companies - the colour range is pretty ridiculous with only three shades available.