December 19, 2014 | 814 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Daily Brush Cleaner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so this stuff got good reviews on MUA and on the ELF website, so I figured I would steer away from my MAC cleanser and give this a go. First of all, some people say the smell isn't that bad, but I think the smell is horrendous. If I try to clean more than two brushes, I start to get a migraine. And I don't think it really cleaned all that well. With my MAC cleanser, I would usually spray three sprays on a paper towel, wipe the brush off a few times, and it'd be clean. With the ELF, I'd have to do it over and over and it still wouldn't be totally clean. I dumped it out after using it maybe three times. Instead, I used Enkore's recipe for homemade cleaner and it works amazingly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I think other brush cleaners work better (Kiko, Sephora) but they are more expensive and considering how much you get here this is not a bad alternative. I don't mind the scent and the brushes do dry quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I deep clean my brushes regularly, but when I need to spot clean them I always reach for this. It's much better than paying for a MAC one. I can really see how much product/colour it takes off when I wipe it on a paper towel. It's not for deep cleaning though, just for when you want to cleanse in between colours etc.. The smell is a bit floral, but smells rather fresh to me. Once you wipe it away, you can't really smell too much of the product on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this all the time, it works. I just spray my brushes and then wipe them off on a paper towel or makeup wipe. I also spray down my false lashes with it to clean them, it works well for that too! Ordering this online sucks because both times I did the bottles were leaking all over everything else. I see a lot of complaints that this smells bad. It doesn't to me. It smells like alcohol that they tried adding some fragrance to and it didn't really work. But that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this stuff. it worked pretty well and was really convenient.

I don't mind the smell, but it is pretty strong. So some people might not like it.

The reason I won't be repurchasing this is because it broke me out. I will continue to try to use this for my eye brushes, but as for the face brushes...it broke me out with about 10 new pimples. Nothing else in my makeup/skincare routine had changed and it's not that time of the month, so I am almost positive this is the culprit.

If you don't have sensitive skin you should try this out because it's cheap, you get a good amount of product and it does the job for spot cleaning.

If you do have sensitive skin beware :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I got this in my package, the cardboard box the shampoo came in was very damp. And the cap was halfway full with product. First off, the shampoo smells bad. Second off, this shampoo has only seemed to work for my eyeshadow/eyeliner/brow brushes, but not any of my face brushes. But, this is my first brush cleaner ever, so maybe I'm not doing it right. But as of now, I wouldn't purchase.

UPDATE:
This cleanser has really grown on me and I even like the smell. I use it to clean my brushes once a week. What really changed my mind about this was I had a stiff brush I didn't like, and I cleaned it using this and it made it SOOOOO soft. It's amazing! Also, the smell has really grown on me and I love it. It smells like clean :) It does a good job, I just didn't know what I was doing before ^^ One star off beacause of how it arrived in the mail (see above paragraph)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot stand the chemical smell of this cleaner, it leaves my brushes smelling terrible. Other than that, it really is a time saver, but I'd prefer just washing my brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why does everyone love this so much?

- it leaves all my brushes with a smell - granted it isn't a horrible smell but I don't want my brushes to have ANY smell!
- it doesn't actually do THAT much! I'd get the same effect just spraying water onto my brushes! Sure, a bit of colour comes off when I wipe it onto a tissue but not enough that the colour comes off the brush bristles, which leads me to doubt how much this prevents blurring of colours from one product to the next.

Overpriced for what it is. Does exactly what a water vaporiser would do, but with annoying added scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a simple product that makes my life much easier. A couple spritzes of this stuff on your brushes, wipe them off on a paper towel, and they're pretty much ready to go. No more muddy, mixed shadow colors! It dries really fast on small brushes like eyeshadow brushes, it might take a few minutes for larger brushes. Light "clean" scent. It says it's anti-bacterial, too, which is nice. I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by GeekMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it makes the brushes smell nice and clean, easy to use.
Dries really fast