E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denat, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben

on 2/1/2012 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I rate this 3 because ive gotten this and not really been using it much as it doesnt really makes me hook on it very much. I do use it once a while but not to the extent of everyday before using my tools. Im very impressed by elf studio line product but this is just something which i think is an okay-okay product. I dont really adore the smell but ya what can you expect when its not a very expensive product ya? :)
I got mine at SMOOCHIEZZ as its the only shop in SG that carries ELF product. SGD$8, if you get it on their website it will be SGD$10/12 (forgotten) with free shipping if you live in SG.

on 12/22/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I do not know why some reviewers didn't find this to be good for getting product off. I used it on all my brushes today and I had to use 1 paper towel for each brush. I didn't even know my brushes could soak in so much product! Anyway, I find it quite a pain to wash my brushes with soap so often but I do it because I don't want them to breed bacteria and cause breakouts. With this spray, I can finally cut down on the brush shampoo and use this more often instead. Imo it DOES take most product off (unless there's very stubborn glitter in your makeup) and I'm assuming it disinfects too, given the strong smell. A note on the smell: It's a disinfectant, it's not meant to smell like roses. Even then, I have no problem with the smell. It doesn't smell half as bad as hairspray and it's actually kind of nice!

on 12/21/2011 11:33:00 PM

I love this! It's dirt cheap, smells good, and does the job. It makes it easy for me to sanitize my brushes on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. The spray bottle is convenient and has made the product last for quite a while because it eliminates waste. Try it for three bucks, you really can't go wrong. I will definitely repurchase it again and again.

on 12/7/2011 12:55:00 PM

Though it does what it's supposed to do for the most part, I will not be repurchasing because it is basically alcohol and water. However, I will be using the spray bottle when I run out to mix my own h20 and alcohol concoction without the heavy perfume.

on 11/29/2011 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is pretty much just perfumed alcohol. It disinfects brushes, but doesn't clean off any makeup residue, and has a strong scent.

I put a little bit of dish liquid in mine and it works slightly better. I'm disappointed I purchased two of these and will not be repurchasing.

on 11/29/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wow! Ill be posting a quick review here on the app but will add details very soon. Everytime I use this Im shocked by how awesome it is. I may be biased since Ive never used any other daily cleaner but Ive been trying out my DIY formula but still much perfer this over it so far. The smell is hard to describe but I love it. It smells so clean & then once dried you can smell a hint of it which may turn off others but I like it. How I like to use this is spraying a spritz or two straight to brush then taking my brush & rubbing it clean on a cloth. it takes off & cleans any makeup on brush but will not 100% take it away like a good deep cleaning (that Im guilty of not doing as often as I should) this cleans off blushes, bronzers, shadows, liners etc. its a great spot cleaner if you are lazy like me. If i had a backup Id use it alot more but i dont want to run out so Ive been using my Diy one. I have to say Im in love with this & I def think its underrated & a true hidden gem. I hope my Walmart will stock this now that they are beginning to carry ELF, which Im so glad about. If you are on a budget or are interested in trying out a grear daily spot cleaner, give this a go. it helps clean & keeps my makeup fresh instead of ruddy with dirty brushes. Now that Im thinking about this, ill be going to do a quick cleaning. I highly recommend. unless I find the secret smell to this, i will def keep buying over & over. Simple & sleek black bottle with a great spritzer that sprays the cleaner in an even & fair amount. its not too hard to use nor does it spray out too much. I love the black bottle. its so nice but yet its just see thru enough that you can see how much is left. For the price this is amazeballs. ♥♡

on 11/23/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First I have to say that the smell...YUCK! It's a very artificial smell and I can't stand it. BUT! I really do like the product! I find that it cleans really well and does get the product off. I will repurchase this but i really wish the smell would be taken away.

on 10/4/2011 9:35:00 AM

Ok, so this stuff got good reviews on MUA and on the ELF website, so I figured I would steer away from my MAC cleanser and give this a go. First of all, some people say the smell isn't that bad, but I think the smell is horrendous. If I try to clean more than two brushes, I start to get a migraine. And I don't think it really cleaned all that well. With my MAC cleanser, I would usually spray three sprays on a paper towel, wipe the brush off a few times, and it'd be clean. With the ELF, I'd have to do it over and over and it still wouldn't be totally clean. I dumped it out after using it maybe three times. Instead, I used Enkore's recipe for homemade cleaner and it works amazingly.

on 9/11/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think other brush cleaners work better (Kiko, Sephora) but they are more expensive and considering how much you get here this is not a bad alternative. I don't mind the scent and the brushes do dry quickly.

on 6/17/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I deep clean my brushes regularly, but when I need to spot clean them I always reach for this. It's much better than paying for a MAC one. I can really see how much product/colour it takes off when I wipe it on a paper towel. It's not for deep cleaning though, just for when you want to cleanse in between colours etc.. The smell is a bit floral, but smells rather fresh to me. Once you wipe it away, you can't really smell too much of the product on the brush.