E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner

Water, Alcohol Denat, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben

on 11/29/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wow! Ill be posting a quick review here on the app but will add details very soon. Everytime I use this Im shocked by how awesome it is. I may be biased since Ive never used any other daily cleaner but Ive been trying out my DIY formula but still much perfer this over it so far. The smell is hard to describe but I love it. It smells so clean & then once dried you can smell a hint of it which may turn off others but I like it. How I like to use this is spraying a spritz or two straight to brush then taking my brush & rubbing it clean on a cloth. it takes off & cleans any makeup on brush but will not 100% take it away like a good deep cleaning (that Im guilty of not doing as often as I should) this cleans off blushes, bronzers, shadows, liners etc. its a great spot cleaner if you are lazy like me. If i had a backup Id use it alot more but i dont want to run out so Ive been using my Diy one. I have to say Im in love with this & I def think its underrated & a true hidden gem. I hope my Walmart will stock this now that they are beginning to carry ELF, which Im so glad about. If you are on a budget or are interested in trying out a grear daily spot cleaner, give this a go. it helps clean & keeps my makeup fresh instead of ruddy with dirty brushes. Now that Im thinking about this, ill be going to do a quick cleaning. I highly recommend. unless I find the secret smell to this, i will def keep buying over & over. Simple & sleek black bottle with a great spritzer that sprays the cleaner in an even & fair amount. its not too hard to use nor does it spray out too much. I love the black bottle. its so nice but yet its just see thru enough that you can see how much is left. For the price this is amazeballs. ♥♡

on 11/23/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First I have to say that the smell...YUCK! It's a very artificial smell and I can't stand it. BUT! I really do like the product! I find that it cleans really well and does get the product off. I will repurchase this but i really wish the smell would be taken away.

on 10/4/2011 9:35:00 AM

Ok, so this stuff got good reviews on MUA and on the ELF website, so I figured I would steer away from my MAC cleanser and give this a go. First of all, some people say the smell isn't that bad, but I think the smell is horrendous. If I try to clean more than two brushes, I start to get a migraine. And I don't think it really cleaned all that well. With my MAC cleanser, I would usually spray three sprays on a paper towel, wipe the brush off a few times, and it'd be clean. With the ELF, I'd have to do it over and over and it still wouldn't be totally clean. I dumped it out after using it maybe three times. Instead, I used Enkore's recipe for homemade cleaner and it works amazingly.

on 9/11/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think other brush cleaners work better (Kiko, Sephora) but they are more expensive and considering how much you get here this is not a bad alternative. I don't mind the scent and the brushes do dry quickly.

on 6/17/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I deep clean my brushes regularly, but when I need to spot clean them I always reach for this. It's much better than paying for a MAC one. I can really see how much product/colour it takes off when I wipe it on a paper towel. It's not for deep cleaning though, just for when you want to cleanse in between colours etc.. The smell is a bit floral, but smells rather fresh to me. Once you wipe it away, you can't really smell too much of the product on the brush.

on 6/14/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this all the time, it works. I just spray my brushes and then wipe them off on a paper towel or makeup wipe. I also spray down my false lashes with it to clean them, it works well for that too! Ordering this online sucks because both times I did the bottles were leaking all over everything else. I see a lot of complaints that this smells bad. It doesn't to me. It smells like alcohol that they tried adding some fragrance to and it didn't really work. But that's about it.

on 5/12/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this stuff. it worked pretty well and was really convenient.

I don't mind the smell, but it is pretty strong. So some people might not like it.

The reason I won't be repurchasing this is because it broke me out. I will continue to try to use this for my eye brushes, but as for the face brushes...it broke me out with about 10 new pimples. Nothing else in my makeup/skincare routine had changed and it's not that time of the month, so I am almost positive this is the culprit.

If you don't have sensitive skin you should try this out because it's cheap, you get a good amount of product and it does the job for spot cleaning.

If you do have sensitive skin beware :(

on 5/3/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

When I got this in my package, the cardboard box the shampoo came in was very damp. And the cap was halfway full with product. First off, the shampoo smells bad. Second off, this shampoo has only seemed to work for my eyeshadow/eyeliner/brow brushes, but not any of my face brushes. But, this is my first brush cleaner ever, so maybe I'm not doing it right. But as of now, I wouldn't purchase.

UPDATE:
This cleanser has really grown on me and I even like the smell. I use it to clean my brushes once a week. What really changed my mind about this was I had a stiff brush I didn't like, and I cleaned it using this and it made it SOOOOO soft. It's amazing! Also, the smell has really grown on me and I love it. It smells like clean :) It does a good job, I just didn't know what I was doing before ^^ One star off beacause of how it arrived in the mail (see above paragraph)

on 5/1/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I cannot stand the chemical smell of this cleaner, it leaves my brushes smelling terrible. Other than that, it really is a time saver, but I'd prefer just washing my brushes.

on 3/23/2011 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Why does everyone love this so much?

- it leaves all my brushes with a smell - granted it isn't a horrible smell but I don't want my brushes to have ANY smell!
- it doesn't actually do THAT much! I'd get the same effect just spraying water onto my brushes! Sure, a bit of colour comes off when I wipe it onto a tissue but not enough that the colour comes off the brush bristles, which leads me to doubt how much this prevents blurring of colours from one product to the next.

Overpriced for what it is. Does exactly what a water vaporiser would do, but with annoying added scent.

Popular Makeup Brushes