E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP, Triethanolamine , Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 7/20/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this mascara. It adds volume without getting clumpy and holds the curl of my lashes. I have a really thick and long lashes after putting this on. The only weird but not bad thing that happens when I put this on is my lashes grows longer. I don't know why, but it just happens. About the packaging though, the lettering on the side of the tube disappears, so it will be horrible if I have other products that have the same black tube. Luckily, that's the only product that I have that's in a black tube, so I don't confuse it with anything else.

on 6/27/2013 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

For the price, this is a great product. FWIW, I'm a very pale 60-year old woman and I have no expectation or desire for my eyes to look like the Kardashians', but I do use a little eyeliner pencil and mascara for some definition around my eyes. This product works well for that. It applies well, dries soft, and is somewhat buildable with 2 coats. It looks about the same on me as other mascaras (for comparison, I've most recently used Clinique High Impact Mascara). It lasts all day without streaking, running, or flaking, even when I am out in hot, humid weather and sweat is running into my eyes. It washes off easily when I cleanse my face at night. Lippie rating: I subtracted 2 lippies because I don't like the hard plastic brush, and the wand is longer than I like; and I added back 1 lippie because of the excellent price and the fact that ELF does not test on animals, which I approve.

on 6/23/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Nice mascara. Simple. No clumps. Light, perfect for natural look.

on 6/17/2013 10:47:00 PM

I feel so meh about this mascara. Yes, it's cheap ($3), it gives length, doesn't clump, but I just don't really like it. It's too wet for my liking, and it makes my lashes droop even when curled. The brush is good for not clumping because it doesn't deposit much product, which is why it doesn't give much volume. The packaging is actually very nice and classy. I thought this would give my lashes more oomph. The formula is okay, nothing special. Overall, not that impressed.
EDIT: What was I thinking? This is a really good mascara! It's really black and pigmented. I like how it performs after a few weeks of being opened. It gives good length without clumping, and after a few weeks, it gets thicker and gives me a bit more volume. I like the wand, since it separates well. And using the Eyelash Curler from e.l.f., I no longer have the drooping problem. It's actually a very good mascara. I guess my previous review was a bit premature.

Smart Shopper Daphne Munro with ABC15 recently did a little research on which mascara was best and actually said that she thought Elf Mascara was better than Chanel's $30 mascara. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty cost-effective.

on 5/7/2013 3:30:00 PM

LOVE.

Excellent for price. Lengthens, thickens and never any clumping. I'm currently using another mascara now since I ran out and elf isn't easily available where I am. And oh god.... the clumps :(

So glad I managed to make an order for 2 tubes of these babies. This is my HG mascara. And it's awesome it only costs usd 3.

I've used Lanc�me defincils, diorshow and neither even comes close.

*edit* tried a new bottle just recently, perhaps the formula changed. Is very wet and made a mess on my lashes.

An excellent mascara for the price. Doesn't clump, doesn't smudge and doesn't flake off. It's great for everyday use and cheap as chips.

on 4/26/2013 3:23:00 PM

After years of using high-end, and very expensive, mascaras, I thought I would give this a try, on a whim. I loved it! You couldn't clump this mascara if you tried. It's extremely buildable and there is just enough product on the brush. It's not loaded like some mascaras.

With that said, after months of using this mascara, I find myself wandering back to Clinique's Lash Power Long Wearing mascara and trying out some new ones. But, you cannot beat E.L.F.'s price.

on 4/8/2013 6:40:00 PM

I've purchased this several times, and every time I used it again, I wonder why I waited to long to re-purchase :) It's a great mascara! I get no clumps and no smudging. It lasts all day, and I get equal amounts of lengthening and volumizing (though the effects are not falsies or sky high lashes.) It's three dollars and better than pretty much every other plastic brushed mascara I've tried (maybelline great lash lots of lashes, covergirl lash exact, covergirl lashblast, etc.) The only plastic brush mascara that I like better is its sister, the e.l.f. studio lash extending mascara (which I love, it makes my lashes long!) I'm always going to have one or both of them in my makeup bag, especially for three bucks!

P.S. A review below mentioned the ball at the end of the applicator. The only e.l.f. mascara with a ball on the end is the e.l.f. studio 3-in-1 mascara (which is decent, I'd place it third place for these plastic brush mascaras.) The mineral infused mascara that these reviews are for does not have a plastic ball on the end of the applicator.

on 4/4/2013 5:15:00 AM

Definitely going to be repurchasing. This is a very good mascara, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a absolutely AMAZING mascara. It defines your lashes without any clumping and lengthens them a tad. It doesn't really volumize or do anything incredibly outstanding. That's why I just bought it to be a more everyday mascara to use with more natural looks and so far it has definitely met all my expectations. :) Actually, with it being a $3 mascara, it has exceeded all my expectations!