July 29, 2014 | 2001 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion For Face & Body, spf 60 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by katharinesophia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To put it simply, I really love this stuff. I have tried numerous spf products that claimed to be non-greasy (I'm looking at you Neutrogena) but this fits the bill like nothing else I've tried. I researched various formulas and was interested in a Japanese sunscreen since I heard they have more of a watery consistency. That took a little getting used to but I have a hard time putting on American/European moisturizers with SPF now because they feel so thick. How I use it: I shake the bottle and use a small amount to cover my face and neck, let it dry for about 5 min and then apply makeup. My foundation or TM goes on smoothly even without a primer. Used it all summer and it didn't break me out or irritate my skin at all. Plus it really freakin works. My face never got burned even through sweating, days at the pool, etc. The packaging is cute too. My two year old daughter likes to sneak into my drawer and try to steal it cause she likes the bright blue colored bottle. I will definitely repurchase unless I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm giving this a 3 because it does what it is supposed to do - provide high SPF/PA/PPD sun protection & is waterproof. but it sure is NOT pleasant to use! since it is a liquidy fluid, I thought it would feel light on the skin. boy was I wrong! I've never felt something that feels like such a heavy, greasy mask on the skin! ohhh I feel like my skin is suffocating. while I don't mind it too bad on my body, on my face, I just feel like I want to claw it off. I used it one day on an all day hike, and I did not tan or sunburn, but I did get 3 nice pimples! it is very heavy and pore clogging. it also leaves a very white cast on skin. which is to be expected with a physical sunscreen but still, it was the worst white cast I've ever seen. the smell is also strong traditional sunscreen smell. for $40, I thought this would be something really special - I expected something that felt nice on the skin, or at least bearable, and that didn't have the cheap sunscreen smell. I'm very disappointed and don't think I'd repurchase...unless I feel I am not getting enough sun protection on a beach vaction. well I am going to Hawaii in a week so I will update about this after that!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not try the old spf55 version, so I can't compare the two. But after becoming wiser about using sunscreen everyday, I read a lot of reviews here & read a lot about the best sunscreen available in the US on the skin care boards. I decided to try this sunscreen and I'm glad I did. I have combo/oily skin and this is moisturizing enough that I don't need a separate moisturizer under it. It has a high amount of zinc oxide and yet it does not leave a white cast on, which would be obvious on my NC35 skin. It is on the expensive side though, but you do get a lot for your buck, and I can see myself taking a long time to use it up.

It does take a few minutes to complete dry, and it leaves a satiny look behind, which is ok. But for me, during these very hot last couple of weeks in Cali, has left me too oily so I alternate with Sofina Lucent, which is amazing for oily skins as it leaves an incredible matte look. Still not to take away from the Shisheido one, which I will still use but not during the hottest time in the summer. I would def. recommend for dryer skin types though and for me it will be my go to sunscreen during the fall/winter months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

altho this sunscreen is very very VERY expensive (still suffering from the very large hole in my wallet) it is definitely worth it to buy a good physical sunscreen like this one
    its approved by the cancer society which is awesome and the feel is light and not at all like a sunscreen (which i find make me look super oily and gross)
    doesnt clog pores, and feels juss like moisturizer

highly recommend ppl to buy this because altho the price is staggering, sunscreen should be one of those things that are 'staple' items. ive heard somewhere that if you get exposed to too much UV (without protection) it can harm your immune system. good sunscreen is also said to help reduce the signs of aging. & just because ur in a building or in shade or if its raining etc etc etc doesnt mean ur not recieving UV rays

get . this. product. NOW!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by lindawhite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the 55 spf version much better than this one. the 60spf version does not control oil on my face; so by early afternoon my t-zone looks oily. Also, the new version does not give my face a smooth finish look; maybe because it does not control shine so the skin appears much less uniform. Neither version causes me to break-out. The one advantage of this one is that it does not seem to have paraben on the ingredient list but I am not 100% sure. Overall I still wish they did not discontinue the 55spf version.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by KNGU

I love this Sunscreen! It doesn't really give me a whitening effect like many others but it does protect my skin quite well. I put it on my face before my makeup primer and it absorbs really fast. The PA+++ is a huge plus for me. It's also really moisturizing and soothing and doesn't cause me to break out even though it doesn't say anything about being non-comdegenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all these terrible reviews of how the new SPF 60 formula doesn't hold a candle to the old SPF 55 formula, I was really expecting the worse when I tried this sunscreen. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like it. I can't compare with the old formula but I found that the sunscreen absorbed quite quickly into my skin and left it matte. It didn't feel sticky at all.

The sunscreen alone kept me looking matte all day long and I didn't need to touch up my make up or blot once. I usually need to blot several times a day even if I use a matte primer. Btw, the weather here is very hot and humid.

I'm glad I bought this and would definitely repurchase. I have oily skin and with this sunscreen I don't need to put on moisturizer. The sunscreen is thin and liquidy so a little goes a long way. Since I only use this for my face and neck, I'm sure one bottle will last me a long time.

One thing I would say is that this sunscreen is pretty difficult to remove. I would advise others to be very diligent when washing the sunscreen off. It might be why it's causing so many people to break out.

edit-- so it's been 3 weeks since I've started using this and I have noticed that if I have to keep up with a very strict cleansing/exfoliating routine otherwise my skin starts to act up. I'm not acne prone but I have noticed some clogged pores and a few pimples cropping up once I got a little lazy. Even still because it keeps my skin so matte I will continue to use it & still think it deserves 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by peanut123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was the old version user for long long time. But as I get older, the old version became quite dry to use. I had to prep my face well before the application. I was hoping that Shiseido would make a less drying version, and here we come. I like this new version better than the old one. It is less dry and the finish is more satin than matte. Hard core matte does not look good on my aging skin. This one is also very liquidy. It does not leave a white cast. It takes longer to dry. But when it dries, it has a very nice finish. If you have to wear makeup, this is awesome base. I am very happy that I don't have to prep my skin any more. You still have to use cleansing oil to remove. I cannot comment on the waterproof property because I haven't put it to test yet. But it says very waterproof on the bottle. Will definite re purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, this sunscreen does not give your face a white cast! It's a liquid consistency, but I think I prefer this; it's a lot easier to smooth over my face. You get about 3.3 oz of this, so it's a good deal...I don't use it on my body as it's too expensive, but I think this should last me for a few months.

You have to shake it before you use it, but the only qualm I have over packaging is the little hole it comes out of is raised, and there's always a little sunscreen that's caught outside it. It might not bother other people, but it bothers me.

Highly recommended, it goes well under my moisturizer and makeup. The smell is a little strong but it fades away. I personally like the scent, even though I try to go for unscented products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was not a fan of the Shi SPF 55 at all -- WAY too much fragrance, way too drying and made my skin look flat. I have been trying out a deluxe sample of the SPF 60 and so far really like it. I've been wearing it under my new LM MMU. It gives a very natural finish -- not too matte, definitely not too dewey. I don't find it oily at all. You do have to shake the bottle before dispensing. I usually wear MAC P&P SPF 50 but find the Shiseido a much lighter product, great for the hot weather here in So Cal. My skin usually doesn't play well with zinc oxide, so I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't clog my pores.