Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

4.5

on 2/16/2011 9:33:00 PM

Oh my God, I LOVE this polish. I usually tend to purchase Essie and OPI exclusively, but I've been trying to force myself to buy less expensive drugstore brands. I grabbed this at CVS after falling in love with the color. It looks like a color that Chanel would sell in their nail laquer collections.

I LOVE the extra wide brush. It makes it so easy to apply for me. I thought that with this brush applicator, I did my personal best at-home manicure! It was so clean with very few "drawing outside the lines" moments. And the color? GORGEOUS! Seriously. I was at the Chanel counter, and one of the sales ladies asked if it was one of their colors, and I told them it was Rimmel. They were so surprised. I've even gotten stopped on the street to get asked what color this was.

Awesome, awesome polish. Love this one. Such a good deal, too.

on 2/12/2011 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this color even though I wouldn't call it "steel grey". I'd say it's more of a purplish-grey. I love this nail polish in particular because the brush makes it easy to get a nice wide coat on your nails. sadly, I cannot currently find my bottle. I think my friend has it because she likes it a lot too :P

on 2/9/2011 1:34:00 AM

I love this color. I'm usually a bright blue/green/purple color person on my nails but now that grey is "in" I was on the hunt for a nice grey. I saw this one, loved it, and it looks so nice on. Goes well with anything you're wearing and lasts for so long! I went on a trip for like a week and it only chipped a bit towards the end. Really lovely, definitely need to start buying more Rimmel polishes now.

I have never tried Rimmel polishes before this one. I would likely buy more based on this one. I love the color, but that is a personal preference. The brush was great and the formula/application was easy. I like the shape of the bottle. XD

on 1/2/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i lovee this color!!
is a combo of gray with some purple. this last forever on my nails i also think the brush on it is very nice a couple strokes and your finished

on 1/2/2011 10:35:00 PM

I like this color its very trendy looking. Its a grey with a purple undertone which is a perfect fall winter color. I was a bit surprised on how wide the brush is but it was easy for me to use. So I would definitely repurchased. Not to sure about if the polish actually lasts ten days. Will update review later

on 1/2/2011 10:34:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE rimmel london nail polish of 2010! I've been wearing this nail polish all winter! And i love love the color!

on 12/14/2010 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product! I always get compliments when I wear it and it's such a vogue colour for this season... can be worn for virtually any time of year without clashing and is a good neutral non-offensive work colour. Also: excellent colour pay off goes on opaque in the first 2 coats!!

on 12/14/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

What a depressing color. Seriously, people like color like this? I don't understand the rave at all. The product itself is very nice, quite opaque. The only reason I gave it a 3 instead is because of the color not the product itself. The color is so depressing, it gives a sad feeling, turn down. I will give other color a try but definitely not gonna buy this again.

on 12/11/2010 12:43:00 PM

I actually did purchase Sephora OPI Metro Chic when it first came out, but never used it and exchanged it once dupes were popping up everywhere. But then I kind of forgot about it.
Then a few months ago, a lovely MUAer RAOKed this to me a few months ago and I jumped with glee. Other reviewers indicate this is a pretty satisfying dupe and for a fraction of the price so Ill go with that!
Its a greige crme definitely quite purplish in hue, but of course, beige and grey. Its been the in color for Fall for a few seasons now and I suppose it will be for awhile since it is fairly unique, historically speaking (maybe Im wrong) and its such an fascinating color. I feel the color is fairly neutral so it wears well on cool and warm skin tones.
I am quite fond of the wide pro brush because I happen to have wide nail beds. Two coats are all that are needed for opaque shiny coverage and the formula is on the thinner side so easy to work with. The cube-ish bottle and slender handle is a very nice because it stands out from the rest of my stash. Lasting power is a few days with Seche Vite and a good base coat.
I definitely love this nail polish although Im not so sure I would repurchase as now have a couple of dupes in my collection, but am I glad my lovely friend sent it to me? You bet I am!