August 1, 2014 | 1730 users online

Treatments (Face) - Christian Dior - Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially I was in love with this product and considered it worth the high price. Brightened, smoothed, and slightly tightened my skin. Also seemed to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines. Needed to moisturize over product but the wonderful skin improvements lasted all day. Towards the end of my first bottle the dramatic skin improvement seemed to lessen.

Took time off from product, as expected skin lost much of the improvements. As I've discovered with all serums of this nature, the effects last only as long as it's used. I have noticed my skin usually needs little breaks from these sorts of serums for them to work properly. Overall I like it and will continue to purchase with realistic expectations.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by medicbean

i really love this stuff and really wouldnt be without it, the texture of my skin has really improved dramatically since starting this, i havent noticed a huge difference in pigmentation but i only had one pigmented spot anyway, even though its super expensive, im willing to pay the price for the effects..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Lal123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so so very glad I tried this.. It is awesome! I am dark tone and my main issue was uneven tone and the beginning signs of aging, age spots. But wow, In a week I saw a difference. In 2-3 weeks I realized I could not live with out this.. Luv it and the effects are immediate. I bought a bottle for my mom and will she how she does.. But for me it has brightened my complexion and I feel like skin looks younger and healthier. Way better than le mer! I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this product, I was initially quite impressed. I loved the consistency of this, as it's thin, you only need a very small amount and it absorbs incredibly quickly, making your skin feel soft and moisturized and initially it made my face brighter and more radiant. I started to break out as soon as I began using it but continued to use it, as it is more of a detoxifier in the beginning, and I figured the breakouts would disappear after 1-2 weeks (as I was told). However, after a month of using this, I am extremely disappointed with Dior. For $120 (before tax), you would expect this serum to be HG material!!!! After one month, the radiance this serum produced disappeared, the serum did absolutely nothing for my dry spots, made my face more dull, and did nothing for the lines on my face. Everyday I'd get more and more zits and painful, under-the-skin ones that are very difficult to get rid of (they just wouldn't go away and are still not gone!). If this was even $50, I would blame myself for maybe not spending enough for a high quality product for my face. I gave this 3 lippies though because I loved the consistency of this, the smell, and how great it felt on my skin---it did feel very fresh upon application. I do believe that the fact that this has salicylic acid in it contributed to my breakouts----why Dior would put such a cheap ingredient in a supposedly high-quality product, I cannot gauge. Oh oh and it also has CASTOR OIL people! Can you believe that!? Sick. So this ended up going back. =(

**Had to change from 3 to 2 lippies since I'm STILL recovering from the horrible breakouts this stuff produced!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this over the course of 2 weeks and watched my lineless skin age before my very eyes. Then I see this stuff has alcohol in it - very high up in the ingredient list. If I were 25, this probably would not have made my skin look older. But I've entered my 40s now, so this is not going to cut it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by smurfette77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This serum is a staple in my daily skin care. My skin absolutely depends on it. I have acne-prone skin (which i control with accutance).
This serum clears up my skin beautifully. My pores appear much cleaner, my skin much brigher and smoother. Creams and lotions absorb much better after I apply this wonderful Dior serum.

Love Love Love !!
Can not live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by satinribbons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I LOVE THIS! It absorbs beautifully into my skin without leaving any residue of any kind. I have been using this in conjunction with a Clinique serum meant to reverse uv damage and in the day with Chanel UV Essentiel SPF 50, and I have been getting compliments on how good my skin looks without makeup, yay! I'm sure I can't credit Dior for all the wonderful results but since this serum is supposed to act as a booster to other products, I like to think that I am getting my moneys worth. I definitely will repurchase as long as I have the sufficient "funding" which enables me to do so. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by beth6644

I'm 67 and this stuff is just amazing. I've had several peels over the years and the results I get with the whole Capture Totale line are very close to what I get after a peel. My skin is much softer, fine lines and age spots are diminished and, overall, my skin just looks better. Nothing is going to make me 38 again but this line from Dior is outstanding at restoring the tone and texture of my skin. It is, alas, very expensive but I've tried so many other products and this one delivers. So worth it.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so this was given to me by a Dior sales consoltant as a sample after i bought the Diorskin forever compact foundation.
I have always been skeptical about designer moisturisers/lotions/serums and such, however this is definately worth its weight in gold.
I dont know EXACTLY what it does for your skin, or how to describe it, i can see by previous reviews that its like an antioxident for your skin. I would agree.
The sample i was given only lasted about 3 days, however that was more then eough time for me to see the results!
I do have quite oily skin, and am prone to lots of breakouts around the chin and forhead area, this product didnt clear my breakouts up, however it helped minimise my pores, which then helped minimise the oil production from my skin, it also made the surface of my skin (and breakouts) significantly smoother and provided a nice glow, which my makeup covered up, However it made my makeup look alot more smoother and natural.
The Dior consoltant that provided me with the sample advised that i put it on before moisturising (make sure you tone first to prepare your skin for moisture absorbtion), however i feel you get the same results with mixing it in with youre moisturiser.
I would really love to purchase this, however it is SO bloody expensive! I am quite generous with money when it comes to skin care, however this is definately pushing the budget. I will probably purchase however if it gets used up really quickly, i will probably discontinue using it, purley due to currently using dermalogica products, that are already costing a fortune to keep re-purchasing.
I would probably reccomend this product towards people with oily/combination skin, as i feel it helps control excess oil production, and with consistent use, it would probably make the condition of acne prone skin alot better. People with dry skin may not feel that this is "moisturising" enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Merkury

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after reading such great reviews. At first it made my skin look glowy, but then that disappeared. The serum did absolutely nothing. It didn't enhance the efficacy of my skincare treatments either. Luckily, I'd only purchased some samples of this stuff on eBay, so I didn't have to shell out for a full bottle.