Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

4.5

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/18/2013 3:04:00 PM

I found out about this bronzer/highlighting powder from a youtube beauty guru and I had to try it. I purchased it at Walmart for approx. $9 CAD. I find that any brush will do if you simply just want to highlight your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, which is where I apply it. I also apply a little bit on my brow bone.

The negative aspect of Tiki is the staying power. I find that it doesnt last for more than 3 hours on my face, even if it's the last product i apply on my face. I found that when I applied MAC's cream color base in Pearl underneath Tiki, its more noticable and luminous.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm an NC35 or Nars Sheer Glow in Stromboli; olive skin with yellow undertones.

I've had this "bronzer" for months, and its a fantastic product for someone a similar skin tone as myself. I use this bronzer as a highlighter, and wish they would market it as such because even someone with very fair skin could not pull this off as a bronzer.

It looks very natural and applies very easily; the downside is this product does cost a little more than I would like to pay for a drugstore product; and availablity can be a pain since it's Wal-Mart exclusive only. The packaging is very cute, and it's cruelty free!

on 3/6/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Saw a youtube tutorial by NitraaB and she used this as a highlight above her cheekbones... I immediately had to go out and buy it and I'm glad I did! I adore this product! Reminds me of Mac mineralize skin finish in soft and gentle. This is a great alternative to soft and gentle and is cheaper :) Love this and would repurchase again.

on 2/18/2013 8:05:00 PM

I like this highlighter a lot. It's perfect for my NC25/30 skin. It's a little more shimmer than I like for daytime unless I put it on very lightly but it's perfect for a night out. I use my WNW Reserve Your Cabana for day (perfect light "work" glow) and I use Tiki at night. They are basically the same shade but Tiki has more shimmer to it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is such a beautiful bronzer! I love the healthy glow Tiki gives my face. It's the perfect highlighter! I love it and I recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good bronzer!

on 2/8/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love this "bronzer" although I use it as a highlighter. I put it on the bridge of my nose, my forehead, chin, and just above my cheekbones. It's a beautiful colour and it gives my face a slight glow. This comes with a lot of product just for $9. If I ever do run out, I will repurchase lol

on 2/2/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I recently came to know about highlighters mostly from youtube. It does make a slight difference to your makeup, but I'm not completely sold as yet. I really wanted Balm's MaryLou Manizer, many suggested this as a dupe, but like others a). could not justify spending $30 on a HL (btw keep an eye on hautelook as it does come cheaper on it sometimes) and b). I could not find a store in Canada to get it from so would end up spending more on shipping (btw, if any1 wants to check it out, it's available at the Rexall at Yonge & Elgin Mills in Thornhill, ON). Price is average according to drugstore standards. So I have Tiki, I really like the slight glow it kind of gives my NC40 skintone. LOVE how it looks on my nose bridge and highest points of my cheek. The price is soooo wonderful, cause i can't justify spending more on a product, I'm not always digging. The only reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5, because I still think the MaryLou would just look and show a lot brighter on my skintone.

on 1/5/2013 2:19:00 PM

I love the glow this product gives my face and the price is much better than other products I ha e bought that do the same. I switched from powder pallette to this and miss nothing, same effect for 6 dollars less plus this seems to have more product and lasts longer. I love it and you should try it!

on 1/2/2013 1:49:00 AM

Thank God for Hard Candy! I absolutely love this highlighter to pieces. Theres not a day where I don't apply it. I was considering buying TheBalms Betty- Louminizer for the longest time, but couldn't justify paying for a $25 highlighter. So I heard this little guy is a dupe and it turned out being absolutely beautiful! I don't see how most people could use this as a bronzer, unless you just have extremely fair skin. But its a fantastic highlighter and a gem at the drugstore!

on 12/26/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

LOVE this product! I find myself choosing it over my MAC MSF Soft and Gentle more and more (and I'm a die hard MAC girl!). it'd be easy to assume it more of a highlighter than an actual bronzer, BUT there is a subtle golden color to it that adds just the right glow to my fair pale winter skin. I'm in my mid 30's and my "sunny" younger days have left me with some damage, fine lines, and visible pores that become highlighted by using too much "shimmer", however this product does not have that effect and allows me to pull off the shimmery glow I'm working for without looking overdone. Staying power is good, minimal fallout, and the price is awesome compared to MSF and high end bronzers...because this product DEFINITELY stands up to its more expensive counter-parts! Will certainly repurchase!