April 19, 2014 | 1922 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by grotesquee

Pros:
little goes a long way (2=face and neck)
it makes my skin lighter(perfect for winter)
does not break me out
does not need powder to set it
easily blendable with stippling brush
very cute packaging and pump

Cons:
the price
kinda cakey
feels greasy at first

i love this tinted moisturizer (:

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by jujumasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I REALLY wanted to like this TM because of the super cute bottle it comes in but I cannot use this at all.

Yes, it does moisturize and it's good that it has SPF (although 50 is a bit high, because we all know that SPF 30 is most worth your money!) but aside from that... D:

This did not blend well into my skin AT ALL.
Maybe it will work better on you if you have redness in your face.
Maybe if you want to be a pink and glittery unicorn, then this is right for you.

If you have more yellow skin as I do, then stay away! On first contact with my skin, the moisturizer looked kinda gray. As I spread it around, the color started changing and the glitter? and I thought to myself, it's evolving! But it started to get really pink... and stayed that way.

So in the end, this left me looking like a piece of bedazzled bubblegum. No thank you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm trying to find products that make my routine go faster. I use Refissa nightly, so, unfortunately, high level sunscreen is a necessity, every day. Sunscreens hate me, and sunscreens + makeup hates me even more. I read the sunscreen actives in this product, and impulsively decided it was worth a try.

Yuck. The deepest shade available in my CVS is Natural to Tan. If you are naturally GRAY, this is perfect. I have never in my life seen "Tan" that's anything like this, and I sincerely hope I never do. Does this company test their products on human skin? Where do they find pale gray people who think this is tan? In addition to the horrible color, this product is sticky, greasy, and smudges on everything. It's so greasy powder doesn't even set it; the powder just gets mottled and clumpy.

I should have thought twice before purchasing. I was in a hurry, and even though I reminded myself that every single Physicians Formula product I ever bought has gone in the trash, I keep thinking there might be SOMETHING that works for me from their endless array of products. I fall for their sunscreen claims, because I so want a multi-tasking product. I should return this Tinted Moisturizer to CVS, but I'll probably try to find someone who can use it, so it won't be wasted entirely. There's probably someone on Venus, where the sun shines for 24 hours once every seven years.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl123

i HATE* this tinted moisturizer . It's sticky, and greasy feeling, and looking. I even set it with a powder, and it still made me look so gross, my eye liner was almost half way down my face with the oils in this . the packaging is really cute, i do like it . but this is way too over priced, i wouldn't even pay $1.00 for this after trying it .

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by 6rungirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hated this. Left my face feeling super greasy. Basically feels like sunscreen slathered all over your face, which makes sense since it is an SPF 50. I don't remember the exact shade I had but it was the ''tanner" one. It was not nearly dark enough and I was only semi-tan at the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my summer foundation. To me a tinted moisturizer is not supposed to have a lot of coverage so I love it. Being a red head I burn very easily so I always need a good sunscreen. This was especially helpful to me since it protected me from the sun and it didn't break me out like regular sunscreen. It is also very sweat and water resistant. It does however feel a lot like sunscreen which is why so many people thinks it feels greasy. I wish it came in lighter colors though because even the lightest is to dark for my pale skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by KitoX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved the coverage, but just couldn't get rid of the shiny oil slick it left behind.

As far as tinted moisturizers go, this one's got more coverage than I've seen in any other so far. The 'Light to Natural 7068' shade matched well with my NC42 skin tone. However, no amount of powder, blotting, or light application will get rid of the oily sheen this product leaves behind for more than 20 min. So dissapointed.

You're better off applying a SPF 50 sunscreen underneath your regular foundation. At least the sheen left from that can be covered up (permanently) by powder foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tbis is NOT, I repeat NOT for oily skinned peeps!

This product may work just fine for dry skinned people, but after an hour I looked like I had smeared Crisco on my face. This tinted moisturizer also provided next to zero coverage (on me anyway).

IMO, this product is for dry skinned people who need VERY little coverage.

This did not work for me, but may work just fine for others.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MU2

Best coverage I have ever gotten from a TM! As others have posted, there is no way I could put a full pump on my face....just do not need that much! Maybe I use a half pump....it covers the few broken caps that I have on my cheek and evens out my skintone. The coverage is buildable if you have any stubborn areas. Love that it has spf 50, but I do not count on it for that because I use so little. So, I do use a sunscreen underneath. My skin is only slightly dry (not an option in profile, so I put "normal:) ... so during the hot summer I put a transluscent powder over it most days and I'm good. I have already repurchased once and will continue to.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by napkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am a lover of tinted moisturizers and i was on the search for a great one. i really like this TM for many reasons. i really like the fact that it is a TM but has the texture of a foundation, yet the coverage of a medium-coverage TM. as in, it evens out my skintone and makes it look healthy and i still look natural. i have veeeeeeery oily skin and i only have to blot my T-zone slightly after about 6 hours of wear which is not a lot (if only you knew how greasy my face can get). i skip moisturizer when wearing this, apply with my fingers and blend really well, then top it off with an oil control powder (covergirls clean pressed powder) and it works beautifully. it lasts ALL DAY. the SPF is a huge plus. it only comes in 2 colors that i know of and i chose the darker one and at first it was ever so slightly darker than my skin tone but once i got the tiniest bit of a tan everything evened out. this stuff smells like a bandaid though....weird. i am now used to it but just thought i would put that out there. i love this stuff.