Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 3/9/2012 9:29:00 PM

I really like this product a lot, except for the shades. I purchased the lightest shade, which is still too dark. You can see this in the picture I uploaded, where my face looks orange compared to my pale chest.

If this came in a lighter shade, it would be a HG product for me. It gives great coverage, I love that it doesn't draw attention to the flakes on my cheeks (from Retin A), and it has SPF 50 and antioxidants, which are perfect for anti-aging.

I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone and dry on my cheeks. Some complain that this makes their skin oily, but I haven't had any problems with this on the very oily parts of my skin. That said, this could become a problem in the heat of summer.

I'm going to finish this bottle, and then see if I can find a tinted moisturizer with all of the positives of this product, but that works better for a very fair skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This was too oily for me, it was too much like using tinted sunscreen and not the good kinds. I found it made me feel very oily and icky, not a fan at all. Love their powders, but this product did not work for me.

on 2/25/2012 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I may have an older formulation, because mine isn't gray or sparkly. It has a heavier than TM coverage, but still light. I love that it has SPF in it. Like most products containing SPF it can look greasy, but using powder helps (I have super oily skin anyway). What keeps me from using it it the smell. Good god the smell is so potent! At the end of the day (like, 10PM) I was sitting and wondering "what on earth is that SMELL?" and realized it was my face :/ For that reason I wouldn't repurchase. I gave it a 3 because I think it's average - don't go out of your way to hunt it down, but if you come across it it could be worth a try.

on 1/10/2012 5:48:00 PM

In a nutshell: Heavily fragranced, heavy coverage (more like foundation) and caused breakouts

I have normal skin, not particularly dry, oily or sensitive with only occasional breakouts but this has made me break out badly every time I've used it. I think it might be the fact that it's heavily fragranced (in a perfume-y way, which was a big turn off for me). I also found the coverage to be too heavy as I really wanted a light look, not a foundation. Also, when using after I've washed my face it is not sufficient as a moisturizer (skin still feels dry when even light moisturizers usually are fine for me).

on 1/10/2012 2:14:00 AM

For me, the major initial selling point to this was the high SPF. I purchase this last summer after looking for makeup that wouldn't look cakey or overdone when it was hot out. Then I saw that this had SPF 50!!! To me protecting my face is much more important than making it look "perfect" with a well-known and highly regarded TM like Laura Mercier, so I took a gamble. HW is more coverage than I was expecting, but that's a plus to me. It has a dewy finish, which seems to be a problem for people with oilier complexions. But when I try to make my skin look matte in the heat, it just becomes this layer of crud over a layer of sweat, so why even bother trying? I have oily/combo skin but it wears just fine without looking too oily or melting off my face. I bought Light to Natural, which is actually a couple of shades too dark on me. I'm rather pale, but I was afraid the Fair to Light would look too chalky in the sunlight. Nonetheless, it doesn't look orange-y or fake in any other way. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat (I just can't get over the SPF 50!) but in the next lighter shade.

on 12/27/2011 2:15:00 AM

Love this and am really surprised by how many folks hate it, but it seems like those who dislike it have oily or combo skin. It gives my dryish skin the most beautiful finish - smooth and silky looking. There is no greasy feeling whatsoever to me, but my skin will drink up oils/moisturizers for quite a bit before they make it look shiny. I dislike thick foundations, but most TMs don't really cover enough for me. This is the best of both. Very pigmented and covers fantastically, but seems to float over pores and fine lines without accentuating them; in fact, they look diminished. The finish is very natural and looks like skin, not makeup. I have it in the two lightest colors - light to fair and fair to natural, something like that. No orange in either of them, which seems to be very unusual for these light, sheer bases. Sometimes I top it with the matching powder, or some other powder, but don't usually need to unless I get sweaty in the summer. If you are a woman of a certain age, and starting to get fine lines (and don't have oily skin), or if you have dryish skin, this is well worth a try.

on 10/23/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
little goes a long way (2=face and neck)
it makes my skin lighter(perfect for winter)
does not break me out
does not need powder to set it
easily blendable with stippling brush
very cute packaging and pump

Cons:
the price
kinda cakey
feels greasy at first

i love this tinted moisturizer (:

on 10/16/2011 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I REALLY wanted to like this TM because of the super cute bottle it comes in but I cannot use this at all.

Yes, it does moisturize and it's good that it has SPF (although 50 is a bit high, because we all know that SPF 30 is most worth your money!) but aside from that... D:

This did not blend well into my skin AT ALL.
Maybe it will work better on you if you have redness in your face.
Maybe if you want to be a pink and glittery unicorn, then this is right for you.

If you have more yellow skin as I do, then stay away! On first contact with my skin, the moisturizer looked kinda gray. As I spread it around, the color started changing and the glitter? and I thought to myself, it's evolving! But it started to get really pink... and stayed that way.

So in the end, this left me looking like a piece of bedazzled bubblegum. No thank you.

on 10/5/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm trying to find products that make my routine go faster. I use Refissa nightly, so, unfortunately, high level sunscreen is a necessity, every day. Sunscreens hate me, and sunscreens + makeup hates me even more. I read the sunscreen actives in this product, and impulsively decided it was worth a try.

Yuck. The deepest shade available in my CVS is Natural to Tan. If you are naturally GRAY, this is perfect. I have never in my life seen "Tan" that's anything like this, and I sincerely hope I never do. Does this company test their products on human skin? Where do they find pale gray people who think this is tan? In addition to the horrible color, this product is sticky, greasy, and smudges on everything. It's so greasy powder doesn't even set it; the powder just gets mottled and clumpy.

I should have thought twice before purchasing. I was in a hurry, and even though I reminded myself that every single Physicians Formula product I ever bought has gone in the trash, I keep thinking there might be SOMETHING that works for me from their endless array of products. I fall for their sunscreen claims, because I so want a multi-tasking product. I should return this Tinted Moisturizer to CVS, but I'll probably try to find someone who can use it, so it won't be wasted entirely. There's probably someone on Venus, where the sun shines for 24 hours once every seven years.

on 9/25/2011 8:05:00 PM

i HATE* this tinted moisturizer . It's sticky, and greasy feeling, and looking. I even set it with a powder, and it still made me look so gross, my eye liner was almost half way down my face with the oils in this . the packaging is really cute, i do like it . but this is way too over priced, i wouldn't even pay $1.00 for this after trying it .