TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 11/13/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Was very disappointed... I felt like I had tons of products in my hair even if I applied a small amount. Did not made my hair less oily, I think it made everything worse. I just had to wash my hair anyways.... waste of money+time

on 11/13/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Waste of money!it just makes your hair more oily and your scalp more smelly.

on 11/7/2013 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

What can I say that hasn't been written?!?

It sprays a wet, powder on my hair. Most of the powder remains, even with a thorough brushing. My hair ends up with a powdery finish that screams dry shampoo.

Also, I am left with the task of washing my hairbrush before heading out the door.

on 10/19/2013 2:48:00 PM

I'm sitting here with this garbage in my hair, my hair was much better off without any product since I only needed a bit around my bangs. This product makes baby powder look high end, it made my hair cold and moist I actually looked back at the product to read if it was hair spray. It is the worst hair product I've EVER put into my hair it had separated my hair into chunks I can't even put it up in a bun without making it look decent. It said to massage the product into the scalp and it left my fingers white, skicky, and chalky. The smell is revolting. I'm loathing that my mother had bought 6 cans of it, I guess I can use it when I'm too lazy to shower... Gets you up right away into the shower.

This product was crazy popular among my group of friends. I found it a Shoppers Drugmart and thought, what the hey. Though when I tried it, it was terrible! It was sticky and was very hard to get into my scalp. The product would dry around the nozzle and make it difficult to spray! I could barely get it in my hair! And, it left white residue that was very difficult to get out of my hair. I ended up just showering, to get the white out. And I didn't like the smell. Overall, I would not buy this again.

on 10/5/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately, this is not the best dry shampoo to use on your hair.
It is quite sticky and it does leave a white residue that is quite noticeable, even after you try brushing it out (or using your fingers) to work it evenly through your hair. The product does not absorb the oils in your hair as well as I'd hope.

This is a product that I would only use if it was my last resort, and when I am in desperate need of a dry shampoo while all the other dry shampoos have ran out :(

My favourite dry shampoo that I would recommend using is:
>> Got 2 Be's Encore Fresh dry shampoo (from their "Rockin' It" collection)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is so bad. It smells horrible.. (Like, really bad) and makes my hair feel disgusting. It makes my hair feel dirtier than before applying it. It leaves a white cast & makes my hair grey, and on top if all that.. doesn't even get rid of any oil. It's terrible, and I've tried it so many times, even on clean hair. I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy.

on 9/18/2013 10:23:00 PM

Oh... Oh, no. This was such a horrible purchase. This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever used. It smells offensive, it doesn't make my hair any less oily, and it matted my hair up like no other.

I once had an old cat who had a problem grooming herself, and she had mats on her fur and she got dirty in those areas, and my hair felt EXACTLY like that. My hair had no movement, I couldn't even run my hair through it, because it was a grey tinted mass of dirty fuzz. It looked like I had dandruff because the product gathered itself in small clumps. My entire bang/fringe area was stiff and had a unavoidable white cast. Just...why? Did they not test this before packaging, marketing and selling this? It's about 4 dollars, I think, please spend 6 dollars and get batiste.
I NEVER throw products away, and this went straight to the garbage can.

on 9/8/2013 12:54:00 AM

Leaves white residue. And smells cheap.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Batiste is my HG dry shampoo brand, but like pretty much every hair/beauty product in New Zealand, it's twice as much as the same product in the States. Since I go through dry shampoo pretty quickly, $20 a pop definitely racks up, and so I couldn't believe my luck when I saw the Tresemme option the supermarket at less than half the price.

In hindsight, I should have just stuck with the tried and true. This was possibly one of the worst buys I've ever made in my life.

This dry shampoo definitely did not remove oils, freshen hair, or give volume. In fact, it did nothing but make my hair look even more dirty and unwashed, and even when I only misted on the tiniest bit, it still glunked in my hair like I overdosed on hairspray. Worse of all, I couldn't even brush it out like my normal dry shampoo, so I ended up having to wash my hair anyway - totally defeating the purpose getting this producti n the first place!

The first time this happened I just chalked it up to user failure, so I gave it a couple more tries in the following weeks, thinking that if I used the right technique, it would work.

Suffice to say, it didn't, and I've been using it as an emergency hairspray ever since.

Video Reviews & Tutorials