October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by BrittneyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

ETA: As this product aged, it got really hard to the point it would NOT transfer onto my brush! What a waste! If you're looking for a better mineral foundation, I recommend a Bare Minerals foundation.

I honestly love this mineral foundation. It's lightweight but gives great coverage, and the porcelain shade matches my skin perfectly. I apply this everyday over concealer with the ELF complexion brush and get a flawless finish each time. I find it applies better with this brush than the chisel brush it comes with in the starter kit they sell because it deposits less powder, making it never look cakey like it can when I apply it with the chisel brush. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it does not replace my need for concealer, but I think that's mainly because I have horrible hereditary under eye circles. This also works really well for setting foundation, but you really don't need foundation with this product, unless maybe you were going for stage makeup or something. Either way, this is THE best mineral foundation I've ever tried and I greatly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Sparklification

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a lot of issues with powder makeup. I can't wear it over foundation, if I do, I breakout. I can't wear it by itself either, again I break out. For some reason, I don't a have problem with liquid foundation... don't know why...
Until I tried purminerals 4in1 original foundation. The person at shoppers convinced me to try it and I really didn't expect to like it but, I do like it.
This is the only powder that doesn't destroy my skin. I think it might make my skin better but, that might be my imagination.
Anyways, this powder provides coverage as good as any other powder foundation (clinique, mac, covergirl) and it's much better for my skin.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Elyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is super handy. It is my concealer, foundation, powder and SPF in one! Perfect for my oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by taylor105516

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may contain more natural ingredients, but it may not be suited for sensitive skin. This powder caused breakouts, white-heads, and even redness on my skin. On top of that, the color was very unnatural on my fair skin. It gave me a yellow glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Mandyprt3r

Covers nicely, looks natural, good for your skin and stays really well through the day. The ONLY complaint I have is there is very little oil control and I would be super shiny around my nose and forehead by the end of the day. Thats why I only rated it a 4. So I had to buy the Perfectly Natural Everyday Balancing Make Up and when I brush a light bit of that in those oily areas before I use my powder foundation its perfect! So it is costly but i really think its worth it. Way better than BE or Sheer cover i think

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE:
Yeah, this did not control my oil very well without primer. Still a 4/5, just not for me!
*****
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
So I had to delete my old review and rewrite it, because I realized I reviewed the original Pur Minerals formula AND the one with "added skin care ingredients". THIS review is for the original formula.
At ULTA, they only sell the formula with the skincare ingredients in it, yet they tell you it's the original formula in "new packaging". This is false. That formula SUCKS, BUT the original one is.... Amazing.
This foundation has beaten all others. Why? Let me tell you:
-Medium-Full flawless, beautiful, natural, amazing coverage. It just looks like I have beautiful skin, not like I am wearing tons of product. I don't even need concealer.
-IT ACTUALLY LASTS! While the "skincare ingredients" formula gets VERY oily, and I would not advise us oil slick girls to get that one, the original does a really good job at keeping me matte. I could actually go all day without blotting, although I do occasionally just because I can. I put it on at 6:40AM, stays matte untill 12:00PM, and is still there when I come home around 4:00PM. That is a total of 9 hours, girls
-I do have one thing to say about application: YOU NEED that chisel brush! Although I love my ELF flat top powder brush, it doesn't give me the flawless coverage the chisel brush does. Its sharp bristles pick up a lot of product and it won't waste any of it. Application is such a breeze. I just swirl the brush in the powder, buff it in and TADA! Foundation done.
-Does not irritate my sensitive, acne prone skin.
The one con I have is the price. But this product is so amazing, I am willing to fork over the almost $30 for it. I need this stuff. My life is complete with it.... For now

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was very enthusiastic about this foundation after I had just purchased it and I still think it has some good qualities. The coverage is great for a mineral foundation, it comes in a wide range of colours and it's easy to apply. The only reason why I will not buy this again is that it made my skin super oily after a couple of hours of wear. A superb mineral foundation but not for oily skin types I'm afraid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I've been using this for 2-3 months (maybe more) and I really like it. I switched from Tarte Smooth Operator as Sephora had run out of my colour and they were not sure when they were getting more stock. I have very acne prone skin with an oil slick t-zone and occasional dry spots on my cheeks. I also have a lot of redness to cover on my cheeks. This covers everything very well and is easy to layer for more coverage. I am very pale and the lightest shade is perfect on me. I apply using the chisel brush this company makes, the brush is scratchy but it does work well to apply this power. I use a primer underneath and my makeup lasts all day. Took off 1 lippie because it looks a little powdery on my forehead sometimes. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by alm1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail foundation. I've used mineral makeup for years and tried all sorts of brands...from BE to L'oreal's Bare Naturale to Everyday Minerals and countless other indie brands online. I've also used my fair share of liquid, cream, and powder foundations for over 15 years. I originally started using Pur Minerals in 2006 in its original formula. I liked it a lot, but it started to get cakey after a long day. However, because I liked the way it looked for most of the day, I continued to buy it. I hadn't used it for several months when I saw they released a new formula with skincare ingredients. Although I was skeptical that it made any difference in the product, I tried it. It's absolutely amazing. The coverage is completely adjustable depending on your application method - sheer to full. My skin tone, texture, and blemishes have greatly improved. I've had acne problems for 20 years and my skin has been 100% blemish free the whole time I've used this new formula. My skin feels soft and touchable throughout the day, and it never gets cakey or looks powdery. I'm usually an oil slick by mid-morning, but I can go ALL DAY without touching up. The color is also a good match. I use Porcelain and I usually have an impossible time finding foundations light enough for me. I really can't say enough good things about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by nico678

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of this stuff. I have used BE over the years on and off because I always fall for the hype that it is the best thing to use on skin, but it has never provided good coverage or matched my skin well. I don't know why I kept going back to it, good advertising I guess. Anyways, I went to ulta to buy more BE and saw this, I had never heard of it, never read any reviews, I just friggin bought it and I am really glad. My skin has drastically improved and is breaking out way less, actually it is barely breaking out. This, in conjunction with DDF 5% BP w/tea tree and philosophy's hope in a jar dry skin, have completely changed my skin. I'm talking about years of breakouts, uneveness, and oiliness; not terribly bad just uncomfortable leaving the house without at least concealer. So I use this product because I feel so finished and polished, yet completely natural looking with it on. It also feels like I'm not wearing any makeup. I'm glad I fell for the hype (according to the packaging) with this one, my uneveness without makeup is reduced as are my breakouts and oiliness. I also don't use a primer or any other concealer, just this and a little blush. Good luck!