April 24, 2014 | 1631 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Greed [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Superbly pigmented shadows that apply like a dream at rock bottom prices? Sign me up.

wet'n'wild really stepped up their game with the color icon line of shadows. I've almost consistently adored the shadows they have been putting out. These are 6 pan palettes with 3 matte shades and 3 shimmery. They all are lovely colors, but I find I use the mattes a lot simply because they are great textured and heavily pigmented. Better than some of my MAC shadows. The packaging doesn't really matter to me; I've depotted them all and they live in a Z palette I've dedicated for wet'n'wild shadows.

This is the palette I use least out of the 3 I have so far, but I still love it. I don't use these color quite as much, so the rating is down one lippie from the others. I adore the mattes the most. I use the lightest all over the lid. The middle color is this peachy matte that looks really cool I think. I like it in "spicy" neutral looks. The black is a nice soft black. Nothing uber dark or scary, just a middle black.

At $5 a pop, there's no excuse for not trying out this gem.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by MissVeronyka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I also do not care for this palette. It is no where near the quality of the other color icon palettes. The only colors that I find are easy to work with & look nice as well as being extremely pigmented is the matte black and the top highlight colors. The other colors in this palette are just horrible & the pigmentation is crap! I would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by londonhermit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette was a total disaster for me. Yes the shadows are super soft and apply smooth. I think the colors are off in these palettes there's not enough variation. I was also confused as to why the silver color that was chalky as heck was there. They need to go back and rethink the color combos.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

To me this palette is quite average in comparison to the other WNW color icon pallets out. I bought this one first because the colors were really unique looking in the package. The matte peach color is unlike anything I've seen in the drugstore and I was excited to try the gray color. Well, I don't reach for this palette that often at all because it's just not that good IMO. The silvery-gray color has very little pigmentation. I have to really pack it on to get even the slightest amount of color to show up. It looks like it could be a nice color if only it were more pigmented. It has a sort of duo chrome shimmer to it. The peach color was a bit chalky and it looks really bad on my skintone. It's a bit too yellow based I guess. The shimmery peach color is really nice, it's super pigmented. The highlight color (beige) is great and the two black colors are ok. I don't care for the shimmery black shade because it has too much fall out but both blacks are highly pigmented. I am going to use up the highlight color and probably as much of the silver as I can but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

you know for 4.99 i get 6 es that have a color pay off just as good as mac. they are very bright and go on well no fall out. i could however do without the cheap brushes it comes with maybethrow those out and make the shadows a little bigger!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sfaithj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thankfully I got this half off. Otherwise, I might have been a bit disappointed in my purchase. I use and love the other Color Icon palettes however this one didn't work for me. I love the two sheer colors on the right (the peachy sheer and lilac sheer) however the two blacks are tough to work with. The best I could do with the blacks was to use them to line my lids- boring! I like but don't love the two matte colors on the left (peach and white). I'll probably use this palette again, but just for the pretty, sheer peach color or sheer lilac color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an ok palette. First off, the colors are great - the combination of peaches, a lilac with gold shimmer, a matte cream color and two blacks is very user friendly and neutral. I agree with the general consensus of the reviews - the matte colors are all very pigmented and are easy to blend, and the shimmery colors are a little on the sheer side (but not the worst I've ever used by any means). There is some amount of fallout with all the colors, particularly the shimmers. The shadow that I found to be the most difficult to work with was the sparkly black, it was hard to blend out and ended up looking patchy and chalky on my eyes. All of the other colors have been workable for me, and with a primer they don't crease and have good staying power. All in all, I wouldn't repurchase this palette because of the mixed quality of the shadows but I do use it occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sorry but I adore this palette! The colors are so pretty. The mattes are VERY pigmented. The shimmers aren't so much but can be worn as a highlight or over a dark color. I've been craving a smokey eye with a pink-ish crease and this will totally do it. I bought it for about 5 bucks from Harmon's.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I would really like this palette for the peachy shades, but it turns out that those two colors are the worst ones. They are both dry and chalky upon application. The silver in the palette is really nice as are the two black shades. I really like the sparkly black because the sparkles actually show up when applied. The top left color (nude/light skin tone) is also really nice. The matte black is really pigmented and nice. So I like the palette overall as two out of six colors is not a deal breaker for me, but I am sure that I could find a nice silver elsewhere and the Wet'n'Wild single in "Brulée" is fine for a matte, light skin-tone color. Matte blacks are easy to find. Shimmery, sparkly blacks are also easy to find.So while those four shades are really nice, and I will definitely use them (and use the peachy ones up as well despite their shortcomings), I probably would not repurchase this palette. However for 4.99 or 3.99 (whatever it costs) four good eyeshadows is definitely a good deal. This is the only Color Icon palette with which I have had any problem, which was disappointing, but it's not the end of the world or anything. So if you want a nice, matte black, a nice silver, a nice shimmery black, and a nice, matte light skin-tone color all in one place -- this palette is a good deal. Just don't count on the peachy shades to be up to par.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WnW has suprisingly good e/s. They are very smooth and pigmented. I find the mattes in this hard to wear though, they're almost TOO matte. Great deal though!