September 20, 2014 | 1779 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this eyeshadow! It is the perfect slightly shimmery taupe for me. I love to layer it over Maybelline's "Tough as Taupe" which is matte and long-lasting. Nutty adds a lovely shimmer and lightness and together they last all day. The only downside is how difficult it is to find now - most drugstores don't seem to have any of the Wet 'n Wild singles anymore. I would like it to be a bit less powdery but for the price it is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is so flattering. It's a frosty, taup-ish brown. Don't let the word frosty scare you. It's more of a sheen I guess. Just a couple swipes on my lids and it lasts all day.
Everytime I look in the mirror I'm so impressed. So easy, cheap and beautul.
I highly recommend it for all eye colors.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, versatile color, and unbeatable price. Wet 'n' Wild is very good quality for the money. Their shades are typically smooth, buttery, and pigmented. Would definitely purchase this again, though I have to say Brulee is my favorite shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow-just picked it up last night and wore it today. loves. gorgeous taupe shadow with hints of purple. was a bit powdery when applying but i just tapped the excess off. for the price? amazing! will purchase again.great quality and pigmentation! NC42 and wearing it with nars rose birman lip gloss. great fall makeup look ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by blahblah16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color! First and foremost it could be considered a 'dupe' for a number of Mac eyeshadows, according to your opinion. It's like a soft brown with a hint of amber and gold specks of glitter. It really would be perfect for any skin tone, you can sheer it out to make a natural color, or build it up to be really intense. Not to mention how cheap it is, and you get quite a bit of product, depending on where you go, it's about under $2! it has great staying power & totally worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shadow is amazing. I wore this color 50% of the summer. It's one of those easy, single color shadows you can put on alone with some mascara and be done. Like one of the previous commenters stated, the quality is right there with any high end brand.

The only pain with this shadow is finding it! My Ulta no longer carries WNW and none of my drugstores carry the single shadows. I think I'm going to order several online and keep a couple for backup and use the others and stocking stuffers. Everyone, every age and skin tone should own this shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a neutrals girl, and a taupe FANATIC... this is an AMAZING shadow, especially for the price. I agree that it is definitely a warmer taupe. I did swatches next to a bunch of my high end taupes on my blog if you would like to check it out:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lauriesbooks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wet n' Wild has fantasic eyeshadows. Fact #1. This shimmery-taupe shade is about perfect. Fact #2. I love anything that costs $1-$2. Fact #3. I have owned many many eyeshadows over the years and I never cease to be impressed with the Wet n' Wild offerings. I use Urban Decay quite a bit and as far as I am concerned, these are of the same quality (or MAC too for that matter). Love the color here, it's a good neutral shade for me (I am very fair, have blue/green eyes and brownish hair - from a box at this point - with lighter highlights), but can be layered for a more dramatic look. I'm 51 so trust me, I can no longer wear anything that is too sparkley, this one has a nice shimmer to it but is NOT garish. Not 100% a fan of the small container, but I have never had issues with it, just it's easy to fumble and drop it (I think that might be an age thing!). Overall very highly recommend, along with any colors you can find in the ColorIcon line (which I will review later).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unbelievably awesome shadow for the price. One of the most beautiful shadows I own. Deceiving in the package - it looks cheap to me, the surface of the shadow looks blah, the color in store lighting looks like just another boring mid tone brown...but when you open it up and touch your fingertip to it, it has the texture and feel of more expensive shadows and the color is sooo pretty - a soft, sexy, shimmery fawn shade that will make your eyes sparkle!

If you already are a fan of Wet n Wild eyeshadows and have the Silent Treatment trio, it is very similar to the taupe color in that set...only less purple, more gold in comparison. It's worth having them both, but if I had to choose over ANY WnW shadow - or any shadow in general, this would be it. It's not brassy at all, it's more of a silvery taupe - I'd say it's a neutral, leaning towards cool, and perfect for daytime, because even though it is not matte, it is not overly frosty or shimmery. Some of the WnW frosty shades are VERY frosty. Not this one -it just has a sexy gleam to it. Reminds me of UD's YDK - only more wearable, because it doesn't have all that microglitter. The first day i wore it, I checked it in the rear view mirror in the car (not while I was driving, of course ;)
and it just looks beautiful, even in harsh daylight.

Stays on great with a primer, can be used for an easy all over the lid look, or with a darker shade in the crease. Goes on beautifully, evenly, with very little fall-out. I wear it alone, I wear it as a lid color and then line with a smokey purple all around my eyes, or put more purple in the V area. It also looks great with WnWild's now d/c'd Fine Wink in the inner eye area, and this on the outer and in the crease. Still looks great when you go to take it off before bed. Amazing how cheap this is. I've only bought two of the Color Icon singles, mainly because I don't care all that much for the selection - but this one is worth getting several back-ups of, it's that good. Highly recommended and VERY sexy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nutty is a gorgeous soft silvery gray cool toned taupe with slight lavender tones. Itís an extremely pigmented frost finish, smooth to the touch and applies evenly on the lids. As well as long lasting not powdery/chunky with NO fallout during application. Taupe is usually not flattering on my deep dark chocolate neutral skin but nutty is the exception. I use this on the lid; Mac swiss chocolate on the crease, Mac malt on the brow bone & Mac sketch on the outer corner for a little smoked affect. Topped off w/ Revlon Black Cherry or Mac Ruby woo on the lips makes a vampy sultry look for winter/fall. Drugstore shadows arenít my thing. However, nutty REALLY does have the quality of high end e/s. I will definitely repurchase this product & get back ups . Only 99 cents at walgreens unbelieveable.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No