St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

on 12/21/2011 1:23:00 AM

I had been faithful to my Clinique 3 step system and the Clinique acne solutions line for nearly a year. But after realizing that my acne solutions cleanser (which I loved, btw) would be used up in a month, I decided it was not worth the money and it was time to return to the drugstore for a cheaper option. I had done some research on YouTube and on blogs and decided to try out the St. Ives cleanser. From the drugstore, I had tried Biore and Neutrogena, both of which didn't work for clearing up my acne. So, I was pretty much expecting the same results from this. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that this cleanser works better than ANY cleanser I've ever used. I'm not sure if it's the combination of products I use (this cleanser, the Clinique acne solutions toner and the Cetaphil moisture cream or Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel depending on the time of year) or the cleanser itself, but I'm more than happy with my choice. I'm thinking about getting the scrub that goes along with it as well!! Fantastic purchase!!

on 12/14/2011 9:12:00 PM

Bought this on a whim because I ran out of my usual cleanser, I was feeling adventurous, and it happened to be on sale. It smells really good, kinda fake, but still good. You don't need a lot of product, just a dime-size drop is enough. It foams easily and quickly. HOWEVER, it leaves my skin feeling REALLY DRY. I usually have to wipe my face with tissue after I wash it, but with this product, my face dries up very quickly, it scares me. Have been using this for 2 weeks and so far, no pimples. But it doesn't help reduce the redness and acne scars on my face. I've also started to notice tiny bumps (whiteheads?) on my cheeks and forehead. I didn't change my other face care products, so I think this cleanser might be the culprit. Will not repurchase.

on 12/4/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a great basic cleanser. It washes off my make-up well and gives a nice, clean feeling afterwards. I have oily skin and this does the job for me, but I think it may be drying for those with dry skin. As far as acne clearing part goes, I haven't really noticed a difference. I've been repurchasing.

on 11/14/2011 1:22:00 PM

I like how it contains green tea but it leaves your face feeling dry very fast. I don't really see any difference in reducing redness or curing acne but I will give it a try for a couple more days because I feel like I'm getting more acne from using this than when I was not.

[edit] I was wondering why I was breaking out so much around my chin area which doesn't happen that often then I found out it was this when I started using this again after a couple days of not using this product.

on 11/8/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i am so in love with the way this smells and how it dooesnt completly strip my skin, im going back to target and getting EVERY STives product from the green tea line I LOVE IT that muchg lol

on 11/5/2011 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I FREAKING LOVE THIS PRODUCT! i use it every day, morning and night and it has cleared up my acne so much! i love how much better my skin is now. it helped get rid of the redness around and on my nose! this cleanser smells great and lathers really well and you only need a small amount.

i love the gel-like consistency of it and it's pretty cheap too! only thing i could suggest is maybe a pump? not that the current dispenser is hard to use or anything, but a pump would make this product 100% perfect!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this last week for around $1.50 (CAD). I found a $2 off coupon in a magazine so I waltzed on over to Walmart and thought I'd pick it up! I have the St. Ive's Green Tea Scrub, and I do like it - but after awhile of using it, the granules that were always left behind on my face after each use was bothering me. This Green Tea Cleanser I like a lot more. It definitely tones down the redness. It's been taking care of getting rid of the break out on my chin/jaw line lately. I use it in the morning, and then before bed. I'm really impressed. The green tea scent is nice too. St. Ive's in general is a great brand that I always turn to for my skin.

The smell of this product and the scrub that goes with it is amazing. I absolutely love the smell. However, when I used it, I found that it really didn't do anything for my skin except calm down the redness. It didn't get rid of existing acne but no new breakouts popped up. I really really wanted this to work but it just didn't work for me. I use the green tea scrub as a weekly exfoliant and I've kind of shoved the face wash in the back of my medicine cabinet but I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/6/2011 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleanser is amazing! I really didn't expect much when I bought it and boy was I surprised. I have a little bit of redness in my cheeks and this cleanser definitely help with that. I also think it did a really good job at preventing blemishes. The few months that I used it, my skin felt AND looked great. No major breakouts or anything :D loooove it and would def. buy again.

on 8/27/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this since I LOVE the St. Ives green tea scrub, and I didn't have a face wash besides Cetaphil (which is okay) and this awful green tea junk by Sudden Change (which made my skin freak out).
It's exactly what I wanted in a cleanser- one with a little bit of salicylic acid to fight and prevent pimples, no "foaming" or "mousse" effect (my face HATES those), and with, well, green tea.
The packaging is perfect. A decently-sized, clear bottle with a sturdy, non-faulty pump. The product dispenses easily, lathers up very well, and feels extremely refreshing on my face. It rinses clean and doesn't strip my face to the point where my skin feels tight. I mean, I still use a little moisturizer on my face to keep the SA from drying out my skin too much, but other than that, I really don't have to worry about over-drying (my skin is oily to begin with anyway).
Ever since I started using this cleanser, my face has had no more breakouts, and my existing pimples have gotten smaller, with the help of my beloved Clean & Clear Persa-gel.
The only thing that annoys me a liiiitle bit with this cleanser is the fragrance. It's the same candy-like, Nerd Rope smell that the scrub has. It seems a little unnecessary to me, but what the heck. It's no big.