November 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a decent mascara, but IMO nothing to write home about-I know it seems like lots of beauty gurus use this & rave about it, but I don't get the big fuss. Like I said, it's good, but I don't think by any means it makes you look like you're wearing falsies. I mean, I'm sure we've all seen the videos on Youtube where people will literally put on about a zillion coats of it so it sort of does at a distance, but really that takes longer & is way more trouble than just actually putting on fakes, plus it really only looks alright from far away-there's only so much mascara you can put on before it starts looking strange, where each lash is just too fat & has sort of squared off rather than tapered ends, & falls off in flakes throughout the day. So my point being nothing looks like actual falsies except actual false lashes, no mascara at any price point will ever do the same as what actual fakes do. I personally like mascaras that give good volume & length, & this doesn't give the best length IMO. I know it's advertised for volume, but there's enough drugstore mascaras on the market that are also advertised for volume, but give great length as well. I'm also not crazy about the 'spoon' brush. Being that it's flat on the one side, it doesn't really grip every lash all that well if you do it the way the directions say. Which is not a huge deal, you can just turn it upside down or on it's side. I also find the brush a bit too fat-it doesn't have to be a huge fat brush to give volume, & I find the really fat brushes to be a bit messy, like it'll get on my eyelid, & it's really too big to use on bottom lashes w/out making a bit of a mess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I had almost forgot about this mascara. I ventured out to find some others and almost forgot about this. I do like this one quite a bit. I prefer the new Manga mascara to this one but I will definitely repurchase. Makes my lashes look nice. Does not smudge much compared to others I have used. Does not give a false lash appearance but I find it is decent in length and volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Hisangel710

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. Incredible !! it really does make your lashes look like falsies, it lengthens them and makes them 100 times thicker and blacker !! if you have thin but long lashes them this might not be your best friend but if u have medium length lashes like me then this is the perfect mascara for you :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by IrisFvH

another Maybelline mascara that dissapoints me. this makes my long lashes look like a clumpy mess

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite mascara and I have repurchased it countless time. It has a nice curved wand and is extremely black. It gives my lashes a full and voluminous look and doesn't smudge. You need this in your collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by taylaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this mascara!! Best mascara I've used in a while. Will definetly be buying again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my overall favorite mascara ever and especially from the Volum' Express Falsies line. I haven't found a high end or any other drugstore mascara that can match up to this one. It holds my curl and gives me some great volume. I have to admit that it does take about a week for the formula to thicken a bit. I always have a bit of an older tube of this stuff that I use for the first coat and then I put two more coats on with the newest tube. It works our great and it's pretty black. Not quite as black as L'Oreal's Voluminous Carbon Black mascara and definitely not as black as Urban Decay's Perversion mascara. But I only use those two mascaras to finish up my lashes for the blackest black look. They don't do anything for volume on me. I would be lost without my Falsies mascara. It's a necessity for me. I could do without any other mascara. Maybelline got the formula right! I've tried all the other newest mascaras they've come out with and I'm continuously disappointed. I do like the Falsies Black Drama version but it dries out really fast. I'll usually buy the black Drama one if my Regular Falsies very black is out of stock at my local Ulta or Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Penguin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this mascara and the look it gives me. It will fan our your eyelashes and give them a doll-like appearance. However, I don;t get anything close to resembling false eyelashes...this gives more of a natural look if anything. I had to stop using this because it made my eyes itch :( of course, that is completely individual, so you might have no issues. the colossal gives me similar results and no eye itching.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can brag about this all day long!!!!!! This is my favorite mascara ever!! I have 4 back-ups because of how amazing they are! I have very thing, short lashes and once i apply this, people think i have falsies on! The best way to use this is to curl your lashes first, then apply a generous coat of this stuff! BAM!

I have tried billions of mascara from loreal to benifit and this ladies is by far the best i have ever tried!

I PROMISE YOU THAT YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!