July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Looverly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the PRESSED version with the pink, green, yellow and orange swirls.
This is one of the most mysterious cosmetic products I've ever used in 20+ years of wearing cosmetics. I say it is "mysterious" because I was reluctant to purchase it because of the pink/green/etc. swirls, but I read some of the reviews, and new it was paraben and talc free, so for the price, I had to try it. I wanted a talc-free powder that didn't make me look like chalk, smoothed out my complexion, was "transluscent" (didn't add color to my face), and was under $15. I found a few products, and one of the few was already discontinued. I found this had good reviews elsewhere, so I bought it. This was a tremendously pleasant surprise, overall. I was very skeptical of the color swirls and was concerned that it would make my very fair-olive skin pinkish white. The trick to this cosmetic's versatility is in the color swirls: sweep in the direction of the color that most compliments your skin's undertone. Then use the contrasting colors for highlights. I use the green and yellow/orange part for de-shining the areas of my face that need it, then I apply the pink portion to the very tops of my cheek as a subtle highlight. GORGEOUS! This stuff looks so extremely natural on, yet it gives amazing coverage for a powder that is not an actual foundation. The brush is a perfect design for this when used as a highlighter and inside creases. This makeup does not crease, by the way, and settle into lines, but rather, it gives the appearance of plumping them up! Negative part of this: Due to its particle size, this stuff makes a wild mess, as it is picked up by the brush. If you carry a purse that gets roughed up a bit with heavy items, I'd leave it home. I use a lighter purse, and I can travel with it, but I like it so much that I leave it home and treat it like gold.

This stuff is so creamy, that I can even use it as an under eye concealer, or over it just to give it more staying power and better coverage. Most powders would make the concealer just dry and appear to lose coverage, and would still get into the creases.

I don't recommend using this as a primer beneath your makeup, but rather to give the effect of a primer on top of your mineral or liquid foundation. In other words, this will help set your makeup, and it will even out your skin tone, and like the more pricey primers, it will even give you a highlighted glow if used clevery (see above).

If you don't wear foundation, but just want a little powder to even out your complexion, THIS IS THE STUFF to use! Sweep some of the yellow/green color powder around the sides of your nostrils and underneath your nose, under your eyes, and sweep the orange/pink on top of your cheekbones, beneath your bottom lip and on your chin. Take a general sweep over any other redness or t-zone and Voila! You're set to go!

The compact is very cute: it is sturdy constructed, clear plastic compact. Press the 'button' to pop open the lid for the product, and you'll find that beneath the product, is the other half of the compact --- like a compact within a compact! Like some of their blushes, you'll find a brush beneath the product in its own 'secret' spot complete with a handy little mirror. *sigh* It's so cute!

I am giving it a perfect 5 lippies because of all that it accomplishes for the price --- besides the fact that it does not contain harmful ingredients (talc, parabens) and that it is non-clogging and great for sensitive skin. Clinque has a loose face powder that claims to do the same, but like all their foundations, it is difficult to find the right color, plus it is over $35.

It's so much fun to apply because the coverage is so awesome --- it really evens you out and makes you less shiney but not ghostly matte, and helps to give you a more youthful look. It lasts through hot weather days, too, which is almost a disappointment because it is so much fun to apply.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by chlohoe

for the price of this, i thought it would actually do something.
im fair-skined with a bit of redness sometimes, this wont cover anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This makes my skin look FLAWLESS! I don't have bad skin to begin with, just redness in certain areas which make me look not so good, and my skin can tend to look dull (especially in the winter). I've tried green concealer over red places, and it covers the red, but just makes me look more dull. That's why I love this-I don't need ANY other face makeup except this to correct all my flaws and to make me look all glowy :) Even on minor acne, I don't need any other products.

I use my own brush, the one they give you isn't good at all. It takes me less than 2 minutes to do my face, as opposed to the 10-15 minutes it used to take me with other products. I can't say how much I LOVE this product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by kmstudnicka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product!! This is the one item that I always resort to. The swirl of colors is perfect for hiding all of my flaws. It completely evens out my complexion. The color does wear a little light but I'm so pale that it blends in with my skin tone just fine. The only problem is that it doesn't last on my skin for as long as I'd like and the price is a little high but I think the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this and the light bronze mineral pearls and surprise! I like them both...as with ALL drugstore products, use your OWN BRUSHES!--I use this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation for my oily skin. Seems to "meld" to my skin after 10 minuets or so...again my skin is oily. Works well for me and is so cute! Like a little fruit smoothie in your make-up bag...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I didn't care for this. I couldn't really notice any "correcting" going on while using this product.. It also came out pretty chalky on my skin. I have dry skin.. So that could be why.. But I've used other powders and didn't have this outcome.. So, basically if you have normal to oily skin, this make be ok for you.. But it didn't work well with my skin. The texture is ok when it's not on my skin.. It doesn't smell bad. I don't care for the packaging either. The top is where the product is and then it flips up to reveal another compartment with a brush. If you really use the brush, it's hard to get to without getting the powder everywhere.. I also don't like the way the brush works in and of itself. Overall, i don't care for this product and wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff sooo much it is the best!! It not only looks great on my alone but keeps my foundation on all day. Plus it looks sooo pretty sitting there with my other makeup!! Love it:D:D:D!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff! It does NOT make me look "ghostly" at all. I can not believe all the bad hype its getting. It makes my skin even and beautiful! I do not have many things (besides dark circles) to correct but it makes a nice even skin tone on me. If you apply it with dry skin im sure you could see where the bad reviews come into play. I moisturize then use my TM then I set it with this powder then dust some dream matte on top and I have a BEAUTIFUL look that lasts the whole day. Today was the first day in a very long time where I wasnt looking in the mirror all day checking to see if I looked orange. Im so excited to have found this!!! PLEASE NEVER GO AWAY!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The point of this is to have All colors blend together to create a perfect canvas finish: Pink brightens, Green tones down redness and Yellow adds warmth. This is sopose to correct the most common skin imperfections, smoothes skin texture and evens out skin tone. I don't think I really need this....so I don't think I will buy it again but it was really pretty looking and made my make up look good when I would apply it under and over my Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by DEADGIRL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product!!!!! It helps my uneven skintone, hides blemishes, hides all redness w/ a little extra green here and there, doesn't sink in to pores or gets crackly and dry after an entire day! I have a weird pale-olivey kind of color so no color has ever matched- ever, so this with a little PF mineral powder in buff beige over the top and I look natural and glowy!
I think it comes with a dainty brush because you dont really need a heavy hand with this powder- a little goes a long way!!

I love love love this powder and i plan to stock up!