Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

3.4

Mica, Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil, Aluminum Distearate, petrolatum, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines.

on 4/29/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Holy Grail alert! This review is for the NATURAL BEIGE mineral wear talc-free mineral correcting powder. This is the *darkest* of the four shades and I am a little shade above being very pale. So.....this would be appropriate for pale girls, maybe not darker skin tones. This powder is NOT drying and blends like a dream with my Paula's Choice powder brush. The brush included is scratchy. I do not use foundation when I wear this because the coverage is so excellent there is no need for foundation! I also believe that the small swirls of green and pink really help to even out my uneven skin tone. The staying power is amazing, 12 hours. Can be found at Walmart for $13.00. And Ulta with their famous coupons. Will buy again.

on 4/24/2011 9:32:00 AM

I purchased this to do what it says it does: help hide imperfections and smooth out my coloring.

I purchased in Translucent.

The first time I tried it I went to our master bath to see how it looked in really bright lights (not where I apply my makeup) and I looked like I'd painted white stage makeup all over my face. I quickly got a clean buffing brush and got most of it off or rubbed in.

I tried again with just a tinted moisturizer as the base, and again - white as a ghost.

Additionally, it did no correcting at all on any of my reddishness.
It fell into my fine lines and hung on for dear life.
And .. it ran as fast as it could to all my little dry patches and stop on them cheering "look at me".

This is one product that's going in the trash bin. I can't see trying to make it work.

It doesn't for me.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this with the primer stick and after I used both to go out one day, I was outside and a guy friend of mine asked, "What did you do? You look so white!"

NO! This is not what I ever want to hear, and the fact that a GUY said something means it was really obvious.

The button to open this broke after a few days so I have to pry it open. I don't even know if I will use this at all anymore.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best! Really makes my skin look flawless! I use my own brush and apply this to my skin first. It was pricey, but well worth it. Cute packaging too!

I used their green concealer stick to cover redmarks and I thought this would be a good addition. It does cover the skin, albeit sometimes to much that it looks chalky. It takes some effort to apply but overall it improves the look of my skin. It works best if you cover it with their mineral powder right after.
I have it in translucent but next time I might look into beige.

on 3/22/2011 6:39:00 PM

This review is for the PRESSED version with the pink, green, yellow and orange swirls.
This is one of the most mysterious cosmetic products I've ever used in 20+ years of wearing cosmetics. I say it is "mysterious" because I was reluctant to purchase it because of the pink/green/etc. swirls, but I read some of the reviews, and new it was paraben and talc free, so for the price, I had to try it. I wanted a talc-free powder that didn't make me look like chalk, smoothed out my complexion, was "transluscent" (didn't add color to my face), and was under $15. I found a few products, and one of the few was already discontinued. I found this had good reviews elsewhere, so I bought it. This was a tremendously pleasant surprise, overall. I was very skeptical of the color swirls and was concerned that it would make my very fair-olive skin pinkish white. The trick to this cosmetic's versatility is in the color swirls: sweep in the direction of the color that most compliments your skin's undertone. Then use the contrasting colors for highlights. I use the green and yellow/orange part for de-shining the areas of my face that need it, then I apply the pink portion to the very tops of my cheek as a subtle highlight. GORGEOUS! This stuff looks so extremely natural on, yet it gives amazing coverage for a powder that is not an actual foundation. The brush is a perfect design for this when used as a highlighter and inside creases. This makeup does not crease, by the way, and settle into lines, but rather, it gives the appearance of plumping them up! Negative part of this: Due to its particle size, this stuff makes a wild mess, as it is picked up by the brush. If you carry a purse that gets roughed up a bit with heavy items, I'd leave it home. I use a lighter purse, and I can travel with it, but I like it so much that I leave it home and treat it like gold.

This stuff is so creamy, that I can even use it as an under eye concealer, or over it just to give it more staying power and better coverage. Most powders would make the concealer just dry and appear to lose coverage, and would still get into the creases.

I don't recommend using this as a primer beneath your makeup, but rather to give the effect of a primer on top of your mineral or liquid foundation. In other words, this will help set your makeup, and it will even out your skin tone, and like the more pricey primers, it will even give you a highlighted glow if used clevery (see above).

If you don't wear foundation, but just want a little powder to even out your complexion, THIS IS THE STUFF to use! Sweep some of the yellow/green color powder around the sides of your nostrils and underneath your nose, under your eyes, and sweep the orange/pink on top of your cheekbones, beneath your bottom lip and on your chin. Take a general sweep over any other redness or t-zone and Voila! You're set to go!

The compact is very cute: it is sturdy constructed, clear plastic compact. Press the 'button' to pop open the lid for the product, and you'll find that beneath the product, is the other half of the compact --- like a compact within a compact! Like some of their blushes, you'll find a brush beneath the product in its own 'secret' spot complete with a handy little mirror. *sigh* It's so cute!

I am giving it a perfect 5 lippies because of all that it accomplishes for the price --- besides the fact that it does not contain harmful ingredients (talc, parabens) and that it is non-clogging and great for sensitive skin. Clinque has a loose face powder that claims to do the same, but like all their foundations, it is difficult to find the right color, plus it is over $35.

It's so much fun to apply because the coverage is so awesome --- it really evens you out and makes you less shiney but not ghostly matte, and helps to give you a more youthful look. It lasts through hot weather days, too, which is almost a disappointment because it is so much fun to apply.

on 3/6/2011 12:45:00 AM

for the price of this, i thought it would actually do something.
im fair-skined with a bit of redness sometimes, this wont cover anything.

on 2/22/2011 11:41:00 AM

This makes my skin look FLAWLESS! I don't have bad skin to begin with, just redness in certain areas which make me look not so good, and my skin can tend to look dull (especially in the winter). I've tried green concealer over red places, and it covers the red, but just makes me look more dull. That's why I love this-I don't need ANY other face makeup except this to correct all my flaws and to make me look all glowy :) Even on minor acne, I don't need any other products.

I use my own brush, the one they give you isn't good at all. It takes me less than 2 minutes to do my face, as opposed to the 10-15 minutes it used to take me with other products. I can't say how much I LOVE this product :)

on 1/21/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product!! This is the one item that I always resort to. The swirl of colors is perfect for hiding all of my flaws. It completely evens out my complexion. The color does wear a little light but I'm so pale that it blends in with my skin tone just fine. The only problem is that it doesn't last on my skin for as long as I'd like and the price is a little high but I think the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.

on 1/17/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this and the light bronze mineral pearls and surprise! I like them both...as with ALL drugstore products, use your OWN BRUSHES!--I use this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation for my oily skin. Seems to "meld" to my skin after 10 minuets or so...again my skin is oily. Works well for me and is so cute! Like a little fruit smoothie in your make-up bag...