November 20, 2014 | 2021 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Creamy Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an okay product, it just didn't work for me. I purchased this color in Caramel. It gives a very full coverage, which is not what I'm looking for. I usually like to have my skin show through. This pretty much masked me out, and the color is slightly too dark for me. The other lighter option was too light for me. (The problem with drugstore foundations.) I tried to put on a lighter setting powder, but that didn't work. I will admit, this foundation is moisturizing, so it would be good for dry skin. I will be swapping this foundaiton, because I think its going to take too much for me to get it to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by CrysArri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product. It gives an amazing, dewy finish, and is super light and moisturizing. I was afraid that it wouldn't work for me because my skin is more on the oily side of combination skin, but it doesn't look oily at all, and it doesn't slick off. I apply it with a stippling brush, and then set with loose powder, and it lasts all day. It builds and blends really easily. It can have light to heavy coverage, but only if you use a lot of product. I wouldn't recommend for those who want heavy coverage. I don't have the problem of it rubbing off on anything. It doesn't smell or irritate my skin. The packaging is cute, but I wish that the compartment where the sponge is held had a mirror. If you have older skin that has many lines and wrinkles, there may be some minor settling into the lines of your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I am pleasantly surprised by this Foundation considering the disaster I had with the last Maybelline Foundation I tried! It is almost identical to Max Factor Miracle Touch - the packaging is identical and the whole concept is identical, what looks like a solid compact foundation transforms to a liquid foundation upon application.

I love the coverage of the foundation, the ease with which it can be applied and blended, its durability and the range of colours. I believe the colour I bought is 'nude' and it matched my skintone perfectly. It is not the palest shade in the range, so I was a little worried that it might be too dark, however it is a perfect match. (I'm NW20.)

It covers up any redness and one little spot (I know, lovely) without too much hassle. You can add a little more where you need it. It lasts reasonably well - I set it with powder and it lasts all day - though it can go a little shiny on my forehead.

The sponge that comes with the product is ok though it can get a little manky. it goes on really well with a damp makeup sponge - I like the ones from Boots that expand when they are wet. I tried to use a brush but it didn't blend well and I also used my fingers which worked but using a sponge gives a more pleasing effect.

My other gripe about the product is that it does take a lot of foundation to achieve the result you might require, so in two weeks I have 'hit pan' and I haven't even worn it every day. This would not put me off buying the product again because it is so lovely to work with and it does give good results. Also my skin has not had any adverse reactions to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by xhelenfitzx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

i really love maybelline quirky packaging and this is no exception. the colour match was very nice and the product felt nice and light on my skin. the coverage was good too but the only problem was that after not even an hour the product wore away and the only product left on my face was on random patches of my skin, making it look dry and i dont even have dry skin it really didnt stand a chance against my oily skin either. wont be re purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by abbyquack

I randomly picked this foundation up, mostly because I love all of Maybelline's foundations thus far. Little did I know this would be a very easy, beautiful formula! As you apply it, it instantly feels cool and moisturizing. There is little to no "cakeyness" and it is very quick to apply- in minutes I have flawless, natural looking skin. I use the dream matte powder on top to set. Sadly I haven't found that it lasts all day-- a good powdering is necessary every few hours- but the finish is gorgeous and worth a little powder here and there. I have tried a lot of foundations, and would easily pit this as one of my favorites in terms of ease, overall appearance and feel. The one thing they could change is that the sponge (which is great!) is in this awkward compartment in the compact, and the lid has to be screwed off-- so packaging could be improved a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by littlemagpie806

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I previously used Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse which I liked but because its dryer I sometimes left dry skin patches when I applied it which was quite obvious. Since my skin usually fairly clear and even anyway I don't usually wear foundation and when I do I hate the feel of heavy liquid foundations on my face. This is perfect since like Dream Matte Mousse you don't really feel the make up on your face but it gives an amazing coverage without leaving the dry patches. Since I have a fair complexion I bought the Light Porcelain colour foundation and it leaves my skin looking like beautiful porcelain skin and making me feel great about being a pale person in a world that makes you feel like you look sick if your not tanned.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by pupiquan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Its very good. Smooth, blendable, creamy, looks natural and dewy without getting too oily throughout the day.
The provided sponge is really awful though, i use my own sponge, Rubicell one, the effect is awsome and that way it limits waste of product.
The thing that annoys me is the price. Its expensive, considering u only get 14 g of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kelroxmyworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation it has good coverage (it covered my cystic acne on my jawline). I like the texture on my skin it feels like make up but not like I have a ton on. I wouldn't say it lasts all day (even with a finishing powder) but is east to touch up provided you don't over powder.
Unfortunately the colour range is not the best, I am in-between 04 light porcelain and 21 nude. 04 porcelain is slightly grey on me where as 21nude is too orange.
The packaging is a huge let down though its a stupid upside down jar type thing, with a sponge compartment on the top. I think maybelline could have done so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by sammielouisexo

I bought this product thinking it was going to be good for summer and light. When actually it turns out i really HATE this product.

- The packaging is horrible and also it doesn't have much product in there anyway so it's not worth the money.

- Second of all the coverage was awful. You couldn't even build up the coverage which i also tried to do. I also tried different ways of applying it and it didn't work.

- The last thing i have to say is it didn't stay on the skin very long either.

My overall opinion on this product is it's awful. If you don't need coverage then it's good for you. If you want a good amount of coverage don't waste your money on this, how about you try the revlon colourstay, alot of colour options with amazing coverage :)
xx

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It´s "Dream smooth mousse" in other countries, and I just have to say that I love it, I´m acne prone and I haven't had any breakouts or make me look greasy and I really like the finish that it gives. Just have to use a little amount, so I think it last a lot.