September 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Rose

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Divinorum

This is the chunkiest pigment that ever chunked.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by glitteringwaves

To me this product has to be utilized with other things to get the look you want. It is a very beautiful color, but the consistency is not uniform. I don't like to waste a product. This one is to be used cautiously. I don't like my whole cheek looking like red/gold glitter shimmer was thrown on it. This product will test your artistic ability with brushes, creativity, and utilizing other aids in the MAC line to get that look you desire. Whew!

I will not buy it again, because I hardly use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

This is a beautiful pigment and probably the most versatile as it can be used as an eyeshadow, blush or highlighter, or mixed with gloss for lips. Not to be confused with Rose Gold pigment (which looks gold), ROSE PIGMENT is pink that flashes gold. It is beautiful and not too pink or too peach or with any red/orange/blue undertones, which means this matches pretty much anything. Right now, I'm wearing it on my eyes as a wash (apply from lash to browline, and buff or blend out with MAC 217 brush), as a blush over bronzer, and on my lips mixed with clear gloss. This is perfect for a feminine, sorta girly look but it's not trashy-girly b/c it's monochromatic and not frosty. NC30/Asian/yellow/beige skin, brown hair, brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by styrch

I got this pigment as a sample recently. As others have said, it's pink with lots of gold/copper sparkle. On me this doesn't show up terribly dark. I can use it as a wash but if i want any depth I need to go to a different shadow. The texture of this one is chunky, as others have also said. It's not as smooth as others and can be a little bit more difficult to apply as a result. I recommend doing your eyes FIRST if you plan on using this on your eyes because then you can clean up all the shimmer that falls onto your face during application. this one was a bit tough to get to stay put, but it doesn't matter if it gets on your face that much because it will blend in with your blush. I do wish the color on this was a touch more pink than gold-bronze, but it is pretty regardless. I can see why so many people have this pigment. It's a good standby. But those of you who want more color and punch better look at something else because this is just a support color. NC15 for reference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I coveted this pigment for ages. However, when I finally went to Toronto to the MAC Pro store to try this color on, I was disappointed. The gold/copper color is so intense it might be more apt to call this copper gold with rose undertones. As a cool toned person, it did NOT work for me. This product falls in chunks on one's face as well. It did not have a nice consistency.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color in pictures and even in the jar itself is very deceiving--it's really more of a coppery-red color on the eyes than the bold red it boasts of in the packaging. I can't wear this shade all the time, though--it's a bit warm on me and doesn't look good by itself. I need to find another shadow to pair it with.

Edit: I still don't like this. May just be too much for a warm-toned gal like me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love wearing pink eyeshadows, so this was a must-have. This is a beautiful deep rose-pink with a tinge of gold. Although this is terribly chunky, and hard to apply on its own. I find that a mixing medium helps the pigments stay on much better. I more than likely won't buy a back-up considering I don't wear pinks all the time, but it's a very nice addition to my pigment collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by HauntedMoonlight

Rose is a beautiful color, but the texture is too chunky. When I try putting it on my eyes, it gets all over my cheeks. By the end of the day, it also flakes off onto my cheeks. It looks very pretty on my lips though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by clamster

This is great to put on eyes but AMAZING on lips!, SO nice, to mix with a clear gloss or other lip products, if you just touch a little ont he lips it adds a little more dimension but if you add a little more makes it look really nice and metallic. On eyes it looks great layered over colors but I find that with all pigments its best to start of with a good base MAC paints are wonderful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

I got a sample of this in a swap from a lovely swapper, and it's just SO BEAUTIFUL! My first pigment, I'm not really into colors so I never thought to buy any. it looks good on my cheeks, on my eyes, and my favorite-on my lips! I want to try on my nails but I don't know how. I really really like this!!! :) The shimmer flecks are so beautiful. The pigment is like multidimensional color. it's just gorgeous!