Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My HG drugstore mascara! Doesn't clump, gives volume, super long lashes, holds a curl all day, doesn't smudge. And you can't beat the price! I use the blackest black. The only thing that would make it perfect would be a little more thickness. I am being super picky here though.

on 2/19/2011 4:18:00 PM

This does not hold a curl, is too thin, makes lashes stick together so that it looks like I have 6 spiky ugly brittle lashes. It is soooo hard to get off and really makes my lashes dry and fall out. HORRIBLE!

on 2/6/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Truthfully this is one of the worst mascaras I've purchased- ever.
It feels thick, looks chunky, flakes like crazy, and makes my eyelashes shed at a faster rate. I generally like my brush to be more of a scoop shape, but I wanted to try this odd brush. Curiosity killed the lash.
The shape wasn't the worst thing. The material the brush is made out of is incredibly harsh, the consistency is thick, like beyond "volumizing thick"... Gross.
It flakes, but it stays on- in a bad way. Even with professional eye makeup remover it's still tough to get off- this is where lashes are lost.

Luckily I've found many more that I thoroughly enjoy. Loracs multiplex 3d lashes... Amazing, dramatic, beautiful.
Urban decays new curling mascara is also amazing.
They are both clearly quality products. I very highly reccomend either one.

on 2/6/2011 10:05:00 PM

I liked the curled wand of this mascara. I felt like it gave my lashes some lift. It defined my lashes pretty well and gave me some volume but I noticed that it got clumpy on my pretty easily. I also felt like it didn't hold a curl as well as some other waterproof mascaras. Smudging wasn't really a problem. Overall an average mascara. Nothing special.

on 12/19/2010 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Decent mascara, it definitely lengthens ad volumizes, but it clumps after more than a few coats. If you already have very volumized lashes, I don't recommend this. It's also very, very black which is a plus for me. Definitely a dramatic mascara.

on 12/19/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A very decent product. It lenghts and adds volume. No smudging during day. Nice product but i´m looking for something more dramatic and noticeable. I think i come back with L´oreal voluminous full definition.

on 11/11/2010 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i hate this Mascara i found it weak and watery and it didnt make my lashes long and thick how i like them. it takes 10 coats just to make my lashes look decent NEVER AGAIN I HAVE LOST ALL HOPE IN MAYBELLINE PRODUCTS :(

on 10/7/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product makes the lashes look dry, brittle, and spidery. It is a bit waterproof, but I still smudge towards the end of the day. WIll not repurchase.

on 9/29/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is just an okay mascara for me. It is my least favorite compared to all the ones I've tried, like Full 'n Soft, Lash Discovery and Colossal Volum' Express. I was drawn more towards the voluptuous rather than the original because of my sparse, asian lashes. I always have to buy my mascaras in waterproof because my eyes tend to water alot. This does not clump on me, but it just makes my lashes look....weird. It makes them look like spider legs. Will not repurchase, Maybelline has better mascaras then this.

Really great mascara for a cheap price. Target sells it at about $7. Lasts all day, lengthens a very good deal (40-50% for me), and separates the lashes without leaving clumps. The only problem is that it is kind of hard to take off =( I take the mascara off before I shower and after I'm done showering, there will still be a slight amount left under my eyes.