November 24, 2014 | 1937 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Doubling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is probably my favorite mascara that is still on the market. I discovered it a few years ago and just keep coming back to it. Its a good mix of natural and dramatic - so its appropriate for any occasion. I love that its very black and lengthening. The wand is still a traditional bristle one (instead of the rubber ones popular now) which I like (since its definitely necessary to make voluminous long lashes). It's performance is probably equal to a lot of other mascaras out there, but it comes of so easily! I coat my lashes very thickly, so I don't know if this works for everyone, but for me it is easily removable with just water - get your lashes wet, wait a few seconds, and you can gently remove the mascara in clumps that slide off your lashes. Definitely something I will repurchase again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just OK. I usually use Cover Girl Lash Blast and like that one a lot. I got this as a free gift with a purchase at Clinique so I decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed is that it is very wet. The wand isn't very precise so I had a hard time putting it on properly, especially in the corners of my eyes. It also smeared all over my upper lids when I applied it. I tried it on my bottom lashes, but it left me with raccoon eyes so I use it on the top lashes only. It runs when my eyes water.
The plus side is that it does give you a nice fringe of lashes and definitely lengthens and pumps them up.
I wouldn't buy this again. For the price, it's not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is great, I like it a lot. Adds loads of volume & length, doesn't smudge or flake. Gives a surprisingly dramatic look. It can, however, get clumpy sometimes when I apply it. While this isn't HG status I'd definitely buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I'm not a big mascara wearer, or a big eye makeup wearer at all. This mascara was pretty on, but it felt too heavy and stiff and it runs like mad when your eyes water or cry. It's alslo difficult to reach the corners with the wand. I'm sure there are lots of mascaras out there that do better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by amarilynd

I got this product from my mom and I do not like this mascara because it weighs my lashes down so basically curling my lashes is pointless. I think it would be great for someone who has lashes that do work with wet mascaras. But when it dries it it's not the greatest for layering because it gets flaky. I use it for layering under my covegirl lash blast mascara. I don't like this mascara and will not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I like this mascara. It gives me about the same lashes as L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, except with a tiny bit less volume and more length. A cross between these 2 mascaras would be the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by CemmaW

This is THE BEST mascara I've tried, my go-to, my holy grail! and I'm sooo surprised that it's not a highly raved product!

To begin with, my lashes are quite long and curly among asian girls. But they are not all that visible from distance, that is a few meters away. But with this mascara, my lashes are very visible from distance(say 5 meters?). Pretty cool

It gives beautiful lashes. It mainly lengthens my lashes, and it also holds curls very very well, a whole day without dropping at all!!! I usually get away without using my curler and just swipe this mascara on in an upward motion and helps curl my lashes and I'm very satisfied with the effect. Of course, the result is even better when I use a curler. The lashes are also very natural-looking. Not good if you are looking for drama, but for an everyday mascara, work/school-appropriate, this is it. And it doesn't smudge(Or perhaps it's because it holds curl too well and my lashes don't touch my under eye area at all).

It can be cleansed away easily which is a bit of a surprise. Cuz usually mascara that holds curl well is a nightmare to wash off. The Bioderma Sensibio H20(I'm not very sure about the name) can do it and that one is not a very strong makeup remover(considering that you need to work your way if you wanna get rid of the Revlon ColorStay eye liners). Just soak ur cotton pad with some remover, pad it on for 5 seconds, then wipe away, 90% gone. The rest, you can just use some Q-tips to remove any residue.

My tube is actually not a full size one, but a 2ml sample size one. I've been using it for 6 months now which seem like a lot of time. Then again, I don't wear makeup everyday cuz my school doesn't allow makeup, so I can only get to use it during weekends. But Still in 6 months time, it hasn't dried a bit, still in amazing condition which is awesome.

Will I repurchase this? Well, not in any time soon. Cuz I don't wanna spend the money on a full size Clinique mascara when I can't use it up, it's not a drugstore brand after all. But in the future, when I'm in uni and can wear makeup on a daily basis, I will definitely repurchase this. Unless I have second thoughts and wanted to try out some more clinique mascaras, I heard they are all quite good.

Cons? I can't think of any, it's just soo amazing and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ynnej

I quite like this mascara, and am surprised it doesnt have a higher rating.

I initially received this in a gift with purchase, tried it once and wasn't wowed by it, and tossed it in the drawer never to be seen again (..until a year later). I started using Diorshow Extase in the meantime, which I LOVE. But it started drying out after a few months and I needed some "oomph" in my lashes for a night out. That's when I re-discovered the Lash Doubling mascara stashed away in my makeup drawer. I threw a coat on over my extase and WOW...looked like a set of fake lashes! My eyes just popped! The formula was still very fresh/not dry at all after a year of not being opened. After a week of wear, I have received quite a few complements on my lashes.

However, I now realize that there is a bit of skill/technique needed to apply this mascara properly and get that eye-popping look it's capable of creating. The formula is a bit watery, and the brush is slimmer and narrower in shape - so the implications of this are if you don't apply it properly/carefully enough it can separate your lashes too much and give you the spidery lash look. So amateur mascara-applyers beware.

If you have trouble with watery mascaras or narrower brushes, I would suggest the Clinique the High Impact Mascara or High Definition Lashes mascaras - as they are easier to apply and use for day to day use. However, this one does have a bit more of a "wow" effect than the other two.

In summary: Lash Doubling definitely makes your lashes look longer, separates them and is a very rich, deep, beautiful shade of black.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by nikoletta26dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great quality mascara and I will repurchase it for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by dariaarz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good mascara for those who are not looking for dramatic look.
Lasts long time.