Maybelline Shine Sensational

3.7

was kind of excited to try this since i heard good things about the smell and taste, but based on the one i bought i def wouldn't repurchase. i got 'treat me sweet', which is an okay color-pretty much just clear shine-but it smells like bubblegum and doesn't really taste like much. it feels a little oily on my lips, too. i'll give it to my little sister. don't think i'll be trying this line again.

on 3/20/2011 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I brought this in 'Glamorous Guava 25' which happens to be a nice berry pink. It works well with my medium skin-tone and I use this mainly on its own and sometimes over pink shades of lipsticks. I love the formula of these. They are not sticky and have a nice fruity smell (depending on the flavour of gloss) and last for a decent amount of time provided you don't eat or drink. This shade along with some of the others have a bit of shimmer in them, which looks quite pretty against my skin. They are very moisturizing and don't dry out my lips. I will buy more of these if I run out as they are well worth my money.

Wow this such a nice lipgloss! I have this one in peach sorbet and I think it's really great, smells good, not too sticky, color is soooo pretty! Also tastes pretty nice as well haha :)
Perhaps it could be shinier, but then again I'm not that big a fan of super glossy lipglosses...
The colour is really great for fair Asian skin, I have really really really fair Asian skin, and I always have problems looking for colors that flatter my pasty skin :L
I'll probably buy this again if I can't find a nicer lip gloss for the same or cheaper price (Y)

on 3/10/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have this lipgloss in "Freshly sliced" and I love it. It smells amazing, its not overly sticky, but sticky enough to have decent staying power (For me its like 2 hours). I think I want to try out more of the shine sensational glosses [:

on 2/27/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought it in Crushed Candy, and it's good because I can wear it to school, since it is such a light pink it looks clear. Lasts and ok time, tastes amazing (almost a minty aftertaste), and smells great. Overall very nice.

on 2/25/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love these glosses. Some better than others but they each have their own unique flavor and are for the most part of a decent pigment and staying power. I currently own these in Cherry Bloom, Sparkling Grape, Cranberry Crave and Crushed Candy.

on 2/18/2011 5:35:00 PM

I have this gloss in #25 Glamorous Guava. This gloss is not too sticky, which is great. Has a nice color, not too opaque or sheer. Insredibly micro shimmer, I love the sheen it gives the gloss! Moisturizing, but doesn't stay on too long. Would buy again in a different color, just to try something new.

on 1/29/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have the "Berry Bella" and "Minty Sheer" flavors of this. Which, by the way, I was impressed with the smells. Anyway, I bought the "Berry Bella" first and it was okay...but then later, when I became obsessed with clear gloss, and I bought "Minty Sheer". It was average, I guess. Maybe because I switch off between C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine in Vanillamint which I love. But bottom line, it was okay.

on 1/19/2011 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Got this in peach sorbet. it's not glittery and smells good, it's sticky just enough to not smudge. very comfortable. it lasts like little less than 1 hour and its very moisturizing. I think it could cost a little cheaper, i have got it for 4.90, for this price it's ok; for more... maybe.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Picked this up in the colour Sweet Indulgance after watching some youtube videos where a few of the gurus had it over top of light neutral coloured lipsticks. I thought it looked so pretty so I had to get my hands on it LOL. Compared to the high end glosses this is a real cheapie and an easy find in the drug strore. I now wear it over top of my nude lipsticks and it really adds a nice splash of cool toned shine to it. I don't like the smell or taste but love what it does to the lipstick colour and that's what I bought it for. I also notice that it really smoothes out the creasing and colour settling in the cracks that you may have with a lipstick... and because of that it made my lips look more plumpy. I have not had that happen with my other high end lipglosses without the lip stick colour actually sliding around on my lips (very annoying). Anyways I like this product so much that I want to get this in clear (if they make it) as well.

Popular Lip Glosses