MAC Studio Fix Lash

4.1

on 5/21/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I haven't had much luck with MAC mascaras in the past as they tended to transfer onto my brow bone by the afternoon. However, this one is soooo different. Its so easy to apply. One or two quick swipes and its on perfectly. Doesn't clump or stick lashes together. You just get long, dark, beautifully separated lashes. Doesn't give much volume, but its not meant to. I find the end result very feminine and flirty. Plus it stays on all day and feels like I'm not wearing mascara at all. It also didn't run when my eyes got watery. Very happy with this purchase.

Pros:
Featherlight formula
Doesn't flake
Doesn't smudge or transfer
Doesn't run
No clumps
Clean definition
Quick to apply
Buildable
Lengthens and easily coats the tips of lashes
Back 2 MAC program

Cons:
Doesn't add volume (But hey, its not supposed to)

on 5/12/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this maybe a couple of months ago while shopping with my mac-aholic friend and I really do like it! It makes my lashes look more dramatic and it doesn't really flake or smudge( unless i fall asleep with it on). I would purchase again because it's not too expensive and its better than a lot of mascaras I've tried and I use it almost everyday.

on 5/10/2010 7:24:00 PM

Ok let's face it, MAC is not known for great mascara lol, I've tried them all I think. IMHO its the better of the bunch still not perfect but usable.

on 5/8/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall, I really really like this mascara! It's not TERIBBLY leangyhenibg or volumizing, but it's right there in the middle. It's everything that you expect from a mascara , but nothing more. The brush really makes a huge difference in separating lashes, and I NEVER get clumps! You have a really nice amount if control when it cones to using the brush, and you really have to load it on before you reach the spidery lash look. I feel like this is what Lash blast Length SHOULD have been. Definitely recommed and will definitely repurchase!

on 5/7/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So far, I really like this mascara. No clumps. No irritation. Gives volumes. Defines. Might be my new HG.

My HG mascara! I really have very average lashes, not long, not really curly and this mascara really makes the most out of it. I have tried a lot of mascaras and this is (besides Clinique's High Impact) the only department store mascara I'm going to repurchase!!! I noticed the difference to other mascaras the very first time I tried it out. It seperates lashes soooo well. Give it a try!

I have finally found my HG mascara! I have to admit that when I first got this home I was a little disappointed because it didn't seem to work as well as it did at the MAC counter. However, like with most mascaras - patience is key and after a couple weeks I started to wonder how I ever lived without it.

Almost no clumping what so ever! The brush makes it really easy to use multiple coats without looking like you have spider lashes. It is one of the only mascaras that doesn't transfer on my eyelid when I am applying it.

All in all, my favorite mascara and one that I would HIGHLY recommend :)

on 4/26/2010 11:41:00 AM

First MAC mascara that I love!! && I've tried everything. Love it!

As a makeup junkie I have tried probably every mascara on the market. My lash needs are very specific. I use Latisse (I order it 10.00 a tube from alldaychemist.com) so my lashes are super long. They are also natually curled. However, they are blonde. My eyes like a little shadow and liner and if I don't wear any mascara they don't look balanced. In a mascara I need definition and color much else will look like clump city. Diorshow, BadGal Lash, even my YSL Faux cils which really used to work for me ended up turning my lashes into a sort of look that only Lady Gaga could get away with. Lancome Oscillation was fun to try but did not get the blonde tips of my lashes and if you were to use that one over the top from the back of the lash it too would be too much. I haven't worn MAC since high school but I read a good review on blogdorf goodman for this product so I thought I would give it a shot. The tube is classic matte black. The price was 14.00 which honestly isn't much more than drugstore. The brush was dense but had slightly longer teeth. The formula went on quickly, I didn't even need my lash comb (a plus when you have long lashes and not much time) One coat gave me even, not too dry definition. The effect was natural but still there, which is exactly what I wanted. I cannot comment on any curling ability, I don't pay attention to that, mine are naturally curly. I don't suggest this for short straight lashes. As you can read from the other reviews below, you can see why. But if they are at all anything like mine, or if you have been using Latisse and can't find a good mascara, I suggest you try this one.

on 4/12/2010 10:22:00 PM

It's great for me. The brush really helps you separate the lashes, one of the best brushes I've ever used! It's not too bold so it won't look like falsies, but it's great as an everyday look.

Top Rated MAC Products