April 20, 2014 | 959 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I'm a mascara junkie and I love trying the latest ones. I've tried a few other XXL mascaras and liked them...but nothing spectacular like L'Oreal's Voluminous gave me (which I can't find anymore). I don't really see much of a difference between this and the other 939393 versions of XXL out there, except it's a super pain to get all the way off and instead of a white primer, it's black. I bought water proof makeup remover to try to help get this off and it still really doesn't come off even with soap and water before and after (and the oil in waterproof makeup remover is also a pain to get off, so it's a lose lose situation). As for the 24 hour claim... it lasts just as long as every other mascara I've tried (which is all day and night for me). Also, I hate how stubby they make the all the XXL brushes, it makes it difficult to get in the edges of lashes. All in all, I don't hate this product even though most of what I wrote was negative. It's good, not great. It gives a good day time length and volume. However, you can get the same results with the other XXL mascaras, without the difficulty of getting this off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by katecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the mascara really lengthening and really holds throughout the day. everything is good about this mascara other than the fact that is is sooooo hard to remove!!! the mascara is not even waterproof and I feel like it is even harder to remove then waterproof ones. definitely not going to buy this product again its just too hard to remove.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrebel

i like this product i mostly use it on my lower lashes it really makes them pop but it does not look as good on my upper lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by elwoods10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I may buy this again. The product has the ability to make you look like you have falsies on! Great thickening. Not so much lenthening. I like it. I actually like the two brushes. I use Step 2 first and Step 1 last. I find that the step 1 brush is thinner and better separates lashes so I use it last. Although is 24 hr bold this is not waterproof! It smudges sometimes. But a good quality mascara to get that falsy look coveted by such mascaras as Dior Show...for a lot less!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

does this product work...yes. is it a pain in the bottom...YES. even if i had plenty of time in the mornings (which i don't....who does?) i don't think i would bother with this one. i can acheive super long seperated bold lashes with this but it is so much work. i would rather have two seperate full-sized products than this awkard two-in-one. the fact that this is hard to get off would not even bother me if this was a super product but to hassle putting it on AND taking it off...it's just not worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gave me the drama I have been looking for. I applied as suggested, using step 2 first and then step 1. I was able to apply three alternating coats of each without clumping, and got very dark, full, lashes. I would have liked a bit more length, but I'll experiment more since I am able to add coats. A black base coat is the way to go; you don't have to try to cover up the white, and the color is black, not gray.

I agree that the double wand is awkward, and while the price is a bit much for drugstore, there are BOGOs all the time.

This is hard to remove, but I imagine this is a positive for most people, not negative.

I'll repurchase if I don't find something else I like better in the meantime. ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sydneyjs

Worst mascara I have ever tried.

It was clumpy. It flaked. It ran under my eyes and was damn near impossible to get off. I used it one day and then had a couple days off work where I wore no makeup at all. I woke up with black smudges under my eyes, after I thought I thoroughly removed all traces. I also found the smudges creeping back throughout the day.

I had the original one that was in the black and white packaging a long time ago and I remember liking it. This was just terrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my favorite mascaras. This holds a curl all day, add great volume and length without clumping, is very dark black, and definitely bold. When I put this on, my lashes almost look like falsies. No smudging, no flaking. Yes, it is a pain to remove, even with an oil cleanser, but man does it last throughout the day.
I use step #2 first, as this is the side that gives the volume and drama, it has the bigger brush. Then I finish with step#1, which has the smaller brush and is great for separating and for the harder to reach lower lash line. I love how both steps are black, so there is no having to cover any white primer. The price is a little much for drugstore, and I don't like the packaging of the the double wands on either end of the tube, as I find it to be awkward. But the end results are amazing!
EDIT: This did end up smudging under my eyes and even onto my browbone, so I knocked off a lippie and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason I did not realize this was waterproof. I didn't want a WP mascara but this is decent for that purpose, it gives some volume and does not come off (obviously). I wish that it was labeled as waterproof though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this sucked.