July 29, 2014 | 2016 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ohnoashleysaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I started doing research to clear up my skin after my HUGE DIASTER with using Murad rapid lightening serum. (Yes that crap broke my face out so bad and left me with severe scarring) I have VERY oily acne prone skin and had gotten my acne and scarring under control and wanted to
Clear up a few dark spot I had left. Anywho, after my research I made a face mask of tumeric,fresh squeezed lemon juice, sea salt, a drop of almond oil, and some milk. I did this mask every night left it on for 30 minutes, and took pictures of my face to view any progress. WOW. After a month my pimples have cleared up 100% and the scarring is so much better. There is some scarring left but it's not nearly as bad as before. When I used to look in the mirror without any make up I literally would cry because the murad serum broke my face out so bad :(. Now my skin is clearing up and returning to normal. People at work have complimented me saying how much my skin has improved from when they first met me a month ago. Give it a try!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Avyola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so disappointed when this didn't solve my acneproblem, it actually got worse! I do have to say I only used it for (just over) a week, but still. I made a paste out of turmeric & water everyday and used it as a mask. I let it dry for one hour and then cleansed it of with water. I don't know why this gave me such bad breakouts. Maybe I overused it or maybe my mask 'recipe' was wrong? But when I stopped the turmeric masks en continued with my normal routine my skin was better then before I even started using turmeric! So I'm happy I tried this product because my skin really cleared up after stopping with this (allthough I fear that my perfect skin won't be for long), but I wouldn't recommend it to any one... Just a pity that it works so well on other people's skin and not on mine :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

This is a great and cheap alternative to pricey store-bought acne products. After running out of the acne.org benzoyl peroxide, I went online in search of a quick replacement treatment as I didn't have time to go out and buy any, and waiting for a product to ship would be too long. For what it's worth, it's very quick and efficient to make, albeit a hassle because of the staining power that the turmeric has. So I suggest if you do decide to try it out, wear worn out/ old clothes as the possibility of getting some turmeric on your shirt is high. But other than that, I have no complaints. Unlike most reviews I've read, I like to mix the turmeric with (crushed) aspirin pills, honey, and a tiny bit of water. Then, I warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds (more than that and it will burn) and stir accordingly. After, I wait for it to cool and apply to face with a cotton ball. It's very simple and easy! After using it for a while, I've noticed my complexion evening out and my acne and acne marks slowly disappearing. Of course though, it isn't a miracle product and isn't going to work after just the first time if that's what you expect. BUT...you will notice a difference in your skin over time. Overall, give it a try! You probably already have it in your kitchen so what's the lost if it doesn't work? Also forgot to mention, it will momentarily stain your face yellow ;P

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Star2008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being an Indian, I always have turmeric in my kitchen but never used it for skin. After reading so many positive reviews I thought I must give it a shot, and anyways I have tried almost everything from expensive treatments to OTC cheapstuff. My skin type - I've always had acne (zits and some cystic types) but all of a sudden last month I had my worst break out of 30 yrs. My lower cheeks and forehead were full of painful cystic bumps :( and I knew whenever they settle down it would leave a horrific scars on my face...agony. Apart from so many other things i do each day, i added the turmeric mask in my daily regimen. Each night before I go to bed I apply this mask (chick pea flour + turmeric + honey + yogurt = mix together and refrigerate) for about 30 mins. then i wash my face, like I am exfoliating and guess what I noticed after 3 days. The skin on top of the monstrous acnes have started drying off. The next morning i noticed the size of acne was reduced by 30% atleast. I think it is working guys, but just like everything else - give it some time and dont give up in 5 days. Good luck!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Amritak

must first say a big thank u to all the MUA's who always take the time to write a review.
I went through a very rough patch since last year, when I first developed acne.
I have never ever had acne before and then suddenly I started to develop closed comedones on my cheeks and eventually they turned into nasty cysts that were red and inflamed.
I was left with depression as this was the first time i ever had to deal with acne!
And it was tormenting to walk out when everyone i know notices it as i have never had anything on my face before, and everyone asks " what happened to ur face".. It was the worst months of my life, i started to stay more at home than go out,
This is to everyone who is going through a rough time with acne and acne scars. It its temporary and it will pass by.
I have now overcome the acne issue and addressing acne scars (Pink and red marks)
And now for the review for yougurt mask

This has been my life saver... I use full fat yougurt(greek yougurt) tablespoon... with a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of chikpea flour (Besan flour)....
I have done this daily.. kept it on my face for about 1 hour everyday.. followed by green tea toner.
I use this regularly, and I have watched my acne scars disappear each day...

Please try this.. I have tried everything under the sun!! EVERYTHING! and this is the only thing that has actually proven to help.
I hope this helps u as much as it has helped me gain my confidence back..
God Bless u all

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by carol1ne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the reviews on here, i thought i would give it a try. my skin has never looked better in my life! i made a mask of 1 tsp turmeric and 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt and two drops of honey. i use it every other day for 20 min and it lasts like 2 weeks if you keep it in the fridge! Although it gave me a little yellow tinge in my dry areas at first, they came off really easily with a washcloth. I was surprised turmeric worked for me as i have extremely extremely sensitive, fair, acne prone skin. Ive gotten lots of compliments on my skin and its helped reduce redness, dry patches, and even acne scars. If you put it on at night, any budding cysts you have are gone by the morning. It was honestly a life saver for me and i recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Magma94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love that this is natural and works.

Turmeric stains like crazy... I suggest using over a stainless steel sink with a tissue or paper towel for clean up.

Can be used as a face mask as many have stated.
I use this to whiten my teeth!
I have a special toothbrush in a plastic bag with a few holes in it.
I use organic turmeric from the health food store.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon in a small glass add a few drops of water to form a watery paste and brush like normal - focusing on the front teeth.

I will brush for a couple of minutes, and then rinse.
I do this for 4 days in a row, during the evening at the beginning of each month.
My teeth look white and bright for the entire month (heavy tea drinker).

Cheap, effective, natural.

:-)

Love it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by apatheticskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love using turmeric powder as a facial mask! It works wonders! I simply mix turmeric and water into a paste and apply it to my clean face until it dries. The mask kind of burns on me so I'm not sure if this is because I only mix it straight up with water. It also smells a bit strong but it doesn't really bother me anymore. It DOES stain like crazy though! It actually stained my bathroom sink a little yellow (it's gone after a couple of days though) and it stains my face an oompa loompa colour. I slather on my Cetaphil cream moisturizer and wipe it off a couple of times to get the stain out (the colour is fat/oil soluble).

I've found that it exfoliates my skin, since it's a powder, so when you're washing it off your face don't rub it too hard or the powder will be abrasive on your skin. After about 2 weeks of [almost] daily use, turmeric has sped up fading my hyperpigmentation marks; they're not all gone yet, but they're fading faster than when I used aloe or lemon juice. Turmeric also keeps my acne at bay; I haven't used it consistently for 2 weeks now and I'm starting to break out again! >< so I'm going to continue using this mask 2-3x a week. The hassle of the staining and everything is totally worth the glowing results I get :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Mixing a little turmeric with water into a paste and putting on any spots you suspect a zit is forming will completely stop it in it's tracks! It's like magic. The only downside is that it stains your face yellow which is why I don't use it as much as I should. However, mixing it with honey instead of water seems to cut down on the staining.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Turmeric itself is a superfood and I would give it a 5 for its health benefits alone - making an effort to include it in daily recipes and taking internally has had positive health benefits - I am less prone to colds and just feel better in general.

I love natural skin care and really wanted to try using turmeric topically after knowing its health properties. Sadly I'm just too pale to do this. I used it mixed with other natural products to cleanse my face, rather than as a mask. The mixture must have been on my face less than a minute. When I went to rinse it off, my face was orange. I rinsed again, but it was still stained. I had to scrub my face with a cloth to get rid of it. I thought I'd got it all, but woke up this morning and my face had a yellow tinge (after washing face with the flannel vigorously and then toning a few times to get off residue). It had clung around my hairline and to my eyebrows - disaster!

If you have extremely fair skin like I do, PLEASE do a patch test! and don't use before you have to go out! I looked like I had a disease all day - not a good look!
I give it a middling rating for internal health benefits, and for the fact that I don't doubt it has excellent skin properties if you have the right skin tone to use it. I can see why golden-skinned and Indian-skinned ladies swear by this, it's just not for me unfortunately.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No