April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Minniemz

I have been in love with my rice flour mask...but when i added turmeric it was the bomb! My skin glowed even more! And the pores smaller than ever. And the burn spots i had last week are barely noticeable now. I must be doing something really right with my routines.

For the mask i use:
1 1/2 tsp rice flour
1 tsp milk
1/2 tsp turmeric
Few drops of lemon
Water or green tea to dilute

The mask extends to my neck, lower legs and arms. I leave it for 30-45 minutes. Then take a shower. Since i have yellow undertone, i really dont notice any yellow residues especially after i use my awesome Himalaya Botanique Neem and Turmeric face wash (loooove that face wash!).

After i get off from the shower i spray my diy vit C all over my face and body. Then i use my diy rice toner all over my body too. It is like having your very own vit c e ferulic serum as rice is rich in ferulic acid and vit e. Whatever i do to my face i also do to my whole body coz' i don't want to neglect any part. End result is even and toned complexion all over.

Ok im getting off topic... but really, i think my skin looks its best now with all these cheap, straight from the kitchen, natural and effective stuffs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by happyninja

I cannot say enough good things about turmeric! I am Indian and grew up hearing my parents rave about how good it was for my health. I ignored them back then but I did some research about it in January and have been using it ever since. I have a multitude of health issues and have found that eating about .5 tsp of turmeric a day has helped my immune system fight off colds and the flu and I think it has also helped with my asthma. I usually drink it mixed with a cup of milk or swallow a mixture of turmeric and a spoonful of honey.

Turmeric has also helped my skin look better than ever before. I dealt with a lot of acne during middle school and high school and that left me with a lot of scars. My skin is still acne prone now but using turmeric masks on a daily basis has really helped me. I also have dark circles all the time since I rarely get enough rest and tend to be stressed out a lot. I normally apply a face mask consisting of milk 2 parts turmeric and 1 part rice or chickpea flour 4 -5 nights a week. I leave the mask on for a hour or two but I'm sure you can get results if you leave it for a shorter time. I have medium tan skin and only rarely notice a slightly yellow tinge after removing the mask. This isn't a problem though since it's always gone when I wake up in the morning. My severe dark circles pretty much disappeared after using the mask for two weeks and after 1 month I could see a difference in my acne scars.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like others I watched an adorable Indian girl on YouTube make a mask. It's amaze, to say the least. I heat a bit of raw, organic honey for like 10 seconds, add either milk or yogurt (just make sure it's NOT fat free), and add enough turmeric to make a thin paste, maybe like a tsp or so. I spread it with a spoon, if I use my fingers it turns my polished nails yellow. Leave on for however long I can, at least until edges dry. Skin is softest it's ever been, any under eye circles lighten, and it's is very anti inflammatory. Perfecto.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by flowgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, after watching an Indian youtuber demonstrating her turmeric mask, I had to try it for myself. I've been using turmeric on my skin everyday for the past 8 days and I have seen so much improvement.

I have acne-prone, flakey but oily skin at the same time. I've been battling acne since the start of puberty, and after being on birth control for a year to control my acne, I decided to go off it for health reasons. Then the acne came rushing back, much to my dismay.

During these past 8 days, I also ditched my face wash and moisturizer, and instead opted for simply rinsing my face with water and wiping with cotton balls. The turmeric is anti-bacterial and cleans my face without having to use a commercial and over-manufactured product. I also cut down on my meat consumption.

All the existing acne I had stopped in its tracks, and my acne scars are fading gradually. I can actually see the positive difference in my skin texture: it's less oily and flakey, more even and smooth. One night a painful pimple emerged right above my lip, I dabbed some turmeric mask on it, and the next morning it had completely backed down to a faded pink dot.

The mask I use is made with turmeric powder, extra virgin olive oil, honey, and sometimes corn flour. It can also double as a gentle scrub. I love that all the ingredients are natural, and you know exactly what you're putting on your skin. The first time I made the mask, I used soy milk which gave me a huge breakout, so I would avoid that.
I apply it at night and leave it on for about an hour. I then rinse my face, and usually any residue is gone by the next morning's face rinse (make sure you sleep on a pillowcase you don't mind getting yellow). I also heard you can put greek yogurt in your mask to avoid the staining, but I haven't tried that yet.

I also started drinking turmeric tea three days ago (you can look up recipes for this).

Overall, I would recommend any person with acne-prone skin to give turmeric a try. My first true holy grail beauty item! Nothing else has worked as well as this, and for so cheap and available at every grocery store!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jicky0

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband has had swelling and pain from old knee injuries/surgeries for many years. Once he started taking turmeric every day, his pain has subsided and he doesn't need as much ibuprofen type of medication, except on days when he exercises heavily or works hard outside, mowing, up and down the ladder, etc. His doctor suggested trying it as a supplement and it's been great for him.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by americansoprano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Truly amazing stuff!! I've had a recurring sebaceous cyst that I've had surgically removed twice, but kept coming back! I was beyond frustrated, and didn't want to have to go to the surgeon a third time. I dabbed a little tumeric mixed with water on it and the next day it was less than half it's size! I've continued to use this on the spot and it's nearly gone after a week. I couldn't be happier. I also have very sensitive acne rosacea skin which has been giving me a really hard time for the past year. I've tried so many things prescribed by my dermatologist; doxy, finacea, metrogel, ziana, remazid... I'm also on ortho-tricyclen. Nothing has worked better than the tumeric! I really am amazed. I've been doing a tumeric/ water mask a couple times a week, sprinkling it on my veggies, or taking a little "shot" of it in the morning. My skin is clearer than it's been in years, and actually is "glowy". Highly recommended.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by runitsjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews on MUA, I figured I would try this

I'm 22 with acne prone dry/sensitive skin, and got off my birth control recently and have been breaking out, in addition to already having uneven skin tone.

I love face masks, and I am always down to try natural alternate methods, so here was my recipe

I made a recipe of 1 tsp greek yogurt and 1/4 tsp tumeric 5 times in the last 10 days, I apply it every other night, leave it on for half an hour to an hour (until it dries) and then showered it off. It didn't leave my skin stained, but It wasn't doing anything positive for my skin either. It would really dry out my skin insanely and wasn't improving acne or skin tone or making me feel nice. Maybe I need to add flour or honey or take it off sooner? I will keep trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Ditaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This tumeric can really be found anywhere here in my country. I really had no idea it can give so much result to acnes. I try to mix it with plain youghrt (I got this recipee from the tubers) before applying it onto my face. There I make a natural mask for my acnes. At first, I couldn't see the outcome right after I rinsed it off (maybe because the measure of my mixture wasn't really helpful), but then I use this tumeric as often as I can and see it cures my growing acnes and help it reduce its size in no time. I still use my branded masks like usual, I just use it when I think I need it. In a nutshell, it will really help disinfect the bacteria that causes acnes and reduce its size right away (just make sure you have cleaned your face before using it). So for the oily and acne-prone skinned girl outhere like mine, just give this tumeric a shot. It's really made to help you with your acnes and ready to see your flawless skin:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Turmeric is an absolute MIRACLE PRODUCT! It is a great cleanser too. Anyways, I use it as a facial scrub and it is SO much better than anything else I have used. I used to use sugar, but I found it too harsh and irritating and it gave me a lot of redness because it was so irritating. The skin on your face is delicate, and you should treat it gently, not rub it with harsh things that break the delicate capillaries. So I stopped using sugar as a scrub. Then I used turmeric as a scrub, it is SOOO good! It leaves you with SUCH a glowy looking complexion, which also feels so smooth and silky, but without breaking all those delicate capillaries. It also calms down redness. I even think it has made me have a lighter and creamier complexion. If you use it at night you don't have to worry about looking jaundiced in the morning. I mix turmeric with olive oil and scrub it all over my face. I could also add gram flour or other ingredients, but I'm lazy, and just turmeric and olive oil give me all the results I want. I then wash it off in the shower with natural soap. I also add turmeric to everything I cook, and my son and I, who also eat here at home, never get sick. I don't know if that's the turmeric though. My younger son, who gets free government sponsored meals at school and therefore doesn't eat at home, is always getting sick. You can also add turmeric to milk that you are going to boil, for example if you drink hot milk or hot cocoa or hot tea with milk. Studies have shown that India is the country with the lowest levels of cancer and old-age neurological diseases (like dementia and Alzheimers) in the world, and people generally attribute this to the fact that Indian people add turmeric to practically everything they cook.

12 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by shuaia3000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this as a face mask (thanks you tubers) & it really works. if i have a pimple & use this as a mask the pimple dries up & disappears overnight. it has also faded dark spots along w/the rose hip seed oil. i also drink it...warm milk & turmeric once a week & i sprinkle it on most foods i eat especially when i eat indian food i just add more. good stuff here.