November 1, 2014 | 1260 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyteen

I've tried high end foundations like MUFE mat velvet and low end foundations like revlon colorstay. This foundation is definitely my favourite.

COVERAGE: It's a light-medium coverage, but it evens out my skin tone and covers any redness. I have a lot of pimples and acne scars and they are covered quite nicely by this foundation. If it's not covered, I will only dab a bit of concealer over it.

BLENDING: It blends incredibly, it NEVER LOOKS CAKEY. I have to look really close to spot for streaks. The applicator makes applying and blending very time saving.

FINISH: My T-Zone can get really oily but this foundation never makes it look greasier than usual. I absolutely adore the finish. It's not matte, but it's not shiny. It just looks natural on my skin. I would say it is a little dewy.

LASTING POWER: I don't know how long exactly it lasts but I wear it everyday to school, 8-4, and by the time I get home, this foundation is starting to wear off. So don't plan on wearing this for more than 8 hours. It does not rub off on any clothing.

SHADE: Shade nude 190 matches my face PERFECTLY.. I believe that it does oxidize a little darker but it still matches. My face is naturally lighter than my skin so when I first apply it, nude looks exactly the same as my natural face color but after 10 mins, my face seems to match my neck better. It's more yellow and a little darker.

APPLICATOR: The fuzzy ball applicator seems a little gimmicky and not very sanitary. However, it is supposed to be antibacterial and I haven't had a problem with it breaking me out. The first time you apply it, it feels strange but once covered in foundation, it is very soft and it does save a lot of time.

CONS: You do have to use a brush or fingers to get rid of some streaks. You don't really know how much product comes up because you can't see it. (so be careful not to turn it too much) There is a bit of a smell, but it does not bother me like other foundations do. There is not that much product and I believe a small amount gets wasted in the eraser head. It does not have good staying power.

OVERALL: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND for those that want a foundation that does not feel heavy, does not look cakey and will cover redness and even out skin tone. I will be re-purchasing this! My bottle is almost out, and I've used it everyday for at least 6 months... (cannot remember when I bought it though)
I look forward to purchasing the foundation powder in this line and will be reviewing that as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mlthom123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The older I get (pushing 61) the less inclined I am to give anything a "OMG, it's HG 5". Having said that, I keep coming back to the Instant Age products. Was so upset when they discontinued the small concealer tubes (why, why, do they do that for goodness sakes, when the reviews were incredibly good) but then discovered the eraser in both concealer and makeup. For me, that little eraser head is perfect. I'm up at 5 am and out the door by 6 in order to start the day by 7 with special needs students. It's not only no fuss touch but scent is fine and coverage midline. I do use Smashbox primer or Hard Candy (which I must review soon) which helps application. Look, at 60 years old, unless you're someone with cash to burn and can afford the now norm cosmetic surgeries many people are getting, this is pretty good and gives a nice finish. I wish I could get all the lasers and botox but I make next to nothing but am blessed with a vocation I'd never leave. So Instant Age Rewind it is...

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised at how much I love this foundation! I purchased it a good while back because I absolutely love the "Age Rewind Eraser Brightener Concealer" -I found it very easy to work with & covers my dark circles like no other drugstore concealer yet so hoped to love the fndtn just as much & I do, but for different reasons..
For reference I have 30yr old, very oily, clog/acne-prone, warm/fair skin. I have the 2nd shade "Buff Beige 130" & its a great match. I originally purchased this because of the attached sponge applicator. I've tried the "brush top applicators" on concealers & fndtns in the past & don't find the brushes to be very useful (still required blending w/a sponge or fingers) so I wanted to try this - being an on the go mother of two, there are MANY times that I'm applying my makeup on the living room floor or in the car Lol so am not always able to do a full face at my vanity with my dampened beauty blender (you get the picture right? ;D)
Luckily I was dead on right about this! The sponge applicator really helps me (I do end up blending a little with my fingers when I'm done using the sponge, but it's not required to the point that the sponge is uselss)
I do have breakout prone skin & this has thankfully never given me any issues whatsoever :)
It is also very light coverage (which is what I personally want for days I'm quickly applying fndtn away from my vanity) It may be possible to build it up to medium coverage since it's so natural looking, but if you are looking for something very full coverage, this is just not for you. But for me, not only does it even out my skintone without looking like a mask, it gives a sort of *glow* to my face that I can't explain, and it's great!
From time to time I stray away from this to try other things, but I recently rediscovered it & regret forgetting about it!! I've been reaching for it a lot lately, even on days that I do have time to do a full face at my vanity just because I do love the look this gives, and I *always* carry this in my purse.
I paid between $9-10 USD which is not bad for a quality, drugstore foundation. If it were more, I'd pay more because I think it's great & I have to say I was suprised to see the amount of negative reviews :( I guess that products truely are "YMMV" -different things for different people, but this holds up very well on my oily skin, doesn't oxidize mid-day, doesn't require being "set" with powder (even though I do usually set it just because I like the poreless look most powders give) & it doesn't accentuate my large pores or any flakies I have -5 lippies from me all the way! I highly reccomend for anyone looking for an inexpensive lightweight foundation, and plan on repurchasing again & again myself :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Right off the bat, this didn't work for me because I have strong yellow undertones, and all the colors are for pink/neutral. It oxidized even darker too, so it was a return to Ulta.

As for the actual consistency, it's very gel/serum-like. Initial coverage is very sheer and I had a hard time getting the foundation to blend. It kind of just sat on top of my skin rather than absorbing. I have oily skin with lots of hyperpigmentation, so I have plenty to cover and no matter how many layers i couldn't get this to look skin-like. You definitely need to go back and use concealer.

Overall, I recommend this for pink/neutral undertones and dry to normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by elizabethcorso

Finally a foundation that doesn't require the need for extra makeup brushes and sponges to apply. I absolutely love the built in sponge applicator. It actually feels really good and relaxing on the face. It's a nice pick me up in the morning. The finish of this foundation is a bit dewy and moisturizing, so setting with a powder is a must. Doesn't provide that decent of a coverage either. And the lack of color choices that Maybelline provides screws girls like me over, because even their lightest shade looks tan on my face. But all in all, I love the applicator so much that I will continue to buy this and use it on my casual days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This feels like a moisturizing gel on the face. I like it a lot. It doesn't provide a lot of coverage, but some days you may not want a lot. It blends in to the skin so effortlessly that the feel of it is more of a tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I bought this when it first came out because MUA compells me to try all the things they temporarily are enamoured with lol. I can't say much about it other than the bottles make it very difficult to asess what color you're getting and I got one that's way too dark for me but looked like the right shade in the store. In the U.S we mainly see testers in department stores, or Sephora type retail establishments. Most drug store makeup is not displayed that way. I could not return it per the stores policy so I still have it but plan to give it away. I also got the powder which was the right shade, and very nice. I didn't go back to try and find my shade and probably won't. I got this during a time when it was all the buzz here. I wish I could offer more in the way of product attributes but wanted to post this to say it may be a good idea to get a shade lighter unless you know you can return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ChesleighJ

I just started using this, and am in love. I was unsure at first, because I got entirely too much, but later realized that a little goes a long way! This worked great for covering up pesky zits when I needed it to, while also being a light-coverage foundation when I needed it to be. And as many have said, it is buildable!
It is extremely light, yet doesn't rub off on everything. And I didn't even use a primer! I will definitely be purchasing this when I run out. Which will be a while, because it only takes a little bit to cover/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really love this foundation! I am not one to see much of a difference between foundations on my skin (I wear everything from CoverGirl to MakeupForever...) but this foundation- when out and about- I always notice how beautiful it looks on my skin! It almost gives a "glow" but NOT in a glittery, or shimmery way.. it just looks luminous on my skin, and I love it! I don't mind the packaging. I admit it's different, but I'm the only one who uses it, on a clean face, and it would not stop me from purchasing it in the future! I just click it a few times, then almost "draw" on my face, in swirls (not completely covering ALL of my skin, just more like drawing across my skin in random lines) then lightly buff it in with my real techniques expert face brush. I have oily/combo skin and it works well with me! Highly recommend this, along with the age rewind treatment concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in my early 20s and luckily don't need any "age rewinding" yet, but bought this foundation because of the rave reviews on YouTube.

I'm NC25 and the shade Buff Beige is a decent match. The product is on the thinner side, as far as liquid foundations go. However, it feels quite oily, both on my fingers and once applied to my face. I have normal skin, and this foundation will not set on its own. Without powder over top, the foundation remains slick all day and transfers onto everything my face touches. With a mattifying powder, the foundation does last all day but still feels uncomfortably greasy and looks shiny. The best luck I have had is applying primer, then the foundation, then powder, then setting spray, and then another dusting of powder. After doing this I don't feel like my face is melting all day.

I do like some aspects of how it makes my skin looks. It gives light-medium coverage, camouflages redness and freckles, and makes skin looks smooth. The finish is just too shiny for my liking. We're not talking dewy and glowy here --this is full on shine. I have used foundation in both cold and hot weather with the same results. There is a light scent which I imagine would be inoffensive to most users.

The packaging features a built-in sponge applicator through which the product is dispensed when you twist the bottom of the bottle. You are meant to apply the product directly onto the face with the sponge, which features some sort of antibacterial technology. Using the built-in sponge to apply and blend the product resulted in too much streaking. When I applied the product onto my face using the sponge and then worked it in with my fingers, I felt like my fingers were absorbing all of the product. Buffing it in with a flat-top foundation brush is your best bet.

An issue with the packaging is that you can't tell how much product you are releasing into the sponge, so I would usually end up dispensing too much. The sponge is antibacterial so you could just let the excess product sit there but that just... didn't appeal to me. So I would wipe the excess off onto a tissue and waste quite a bit. I ended up just ripping the sponge off so I could dispense the right amount of product directly onto the back of my hand.

You get 20ml of product, compared to 30ml for a typical foundation.

Overall, not impressed with this foundation. I would not recommend trying it unless you have very dry skin.