August 22, 2014 | 2017 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by MelodyStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just as bad as the Revlon Photoready foundation. Sparkly powder on OILY skin is not a good mix.

If you are oily get a matte powder!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I've been using this translucent powder for about a week and it is nothing but average. It keeps oil at bay for a few hours and I like the brightness it adds to my skin (I wear this over my foundation) - it doesn't make me look too pale/chalky. I didn't notice the little sparkles in it when I picked it up at the store and when I DID see them, I thought it would look like crap on my face but surprisingly they are not too bad... I guess the sparkles are meant to reflect the light, giving a "photoready" effect (it makes your skin look more luminous). I still think though that if this product had NO sparkles or WAY LESS sparkles, it would have upped the rating (for me, anyway) - I'm just paranoid that the sparkles will be too noticeable when I go out into daylight. I'm not sure yet if this powder is breaking me out - I need to wear it longer to be sure if this is the culprit. Otherwise, I think I generally like this better than my previous translucent powder (Sephora Mineral Matte Touch Up Powder) but it was about the same price, which is expensive for me ($20 CDN). I will update soon!

UPDATE: Eh, I was too scared to wear this out in public because I felt that the little sparkles would be too noticeable under sunlight and other types of light. I now only use this on my eyelids, before applying eyeshadow. I don't want this to go to waste, I spent $20 on it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by brightcolorsforever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is garbage. Save your money!!! It is not translucent and the product is chalky, clumpy with lots of fall out. I got it on sale but still expensive for the quality. I paid eight, retails about 14.00. Again save your money. I just flushed 8 bucks down the toilet :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

agreed, this sucks, its grainy and doesnt blend well at all. it was 75% off now i know why.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by casutton1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!
I love the sparkles I know it seems to be a con for most people, but I love how it gives me that extra little glow.
This powder is fantastic, I just have to be careful not to get too much on my brush, but that's easy.
It makes my face feel really smooth.
It's not over priced and dark like the L'oreal "translucent" finisher -- which I used for about a year for lack of a better translucent finisher.
But this one is fantastic and not too pricey!
I'm so happy with this product.

PROS:
-Sparkles
-Leaves my skin feeling so smooth
-Lasts all day for my oily skin
-The package is adorable

CONS:
-The package is a little difficult to open

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by SpartangrL7911

Biggest waste of $11.99 which is expensive for a drugstore product/cheap side of Ulta product.
1) It has sparkles in it.
2) The "compact" as the powder comes is very brittle. Every brush I've tried I get way too much powder. I've tried my kabuki brush and a fan brush ( I use paint brushes from Michaels as make up brushes). It flakes away when you use a brush.
3) When you apply it you end up with sparkles everywhere. I noticed it it washes my complexion out. It appears as if I have spread chalk dust on my face.
4) The last straw was when one of my classmates asked me if I was ill and I wasn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by thegirl123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been a fan of Revlon face products, so I bought this powder as an alternative for the ELF HD powder (I didn't want to hassle with shipping and such). I bought this for around $11. I WOULD NOT use this powder to set your concealer under your eyes, because it accentuates the creases. Also, this powder is very glittery, making it unideal for everyday use. The packaging was pretty good, though, and came with a mirror. I don't use this powder for my face, but since I don't want to waste it, I found that it works great as a natural eyeshadow! I would not recommend this product, unless you;re looking for a pricey eyeshadow.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has got to be the WORST powder I have ever used. My mother-in-law gave it to me after saying it was too light for her skin. The fact that she said that and the product is SUPPOSED to be translucent should have been the first clue that this product was no good.
When I applied this to my face, it seriously looked like a bag of flour and cheap glitter had exploded on my face. I washed my face off and tried again with a lighter hand. Same result. There is nothing translucent about this powder. It is an opaque white with a ridiculous amount of sparkle mixed in. The packaging is bulky, the brush they give you is ridiculous, and for an a) DS product and b) extremely low quality product this powder is ridiculously overpriced. Unless looking like a teenybopper-ghost is your thing, do NOT buy this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by steppedonalego

LOVE this stuff. I am naturally really pale, so it doesn't make me any paler than I already am... I wish it lasted a little longer (I have oily skin, so 4 hours max is what I get out of it). BUT, with that said, it's finally something that is as pale as me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this powder a lot. It's a nice dupe for MAC Blot. I didn't experience any glitter/shimmer or anything like that. I use it to freshen up my nose and T-zone throughout the day and again, a winner for me!