Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

2.6

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethiconol, Methoxypropyl Gluconamide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Lecithin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nereocystis Luetkeana Extract, Laminaria Japonica, Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77193/Bismuth Oxychloride)

After using this compact for some time now I can finally place a verdict to this product.

PROS:
- Pretty much affordable, I got it on a sale like those 3 for 2 offers
- Sets foundation and makes your face look flawless especially on photographs

CONS:
- Mattifying ability is non-existent
- Will emphasize your acne/bumps
- Way too much sparkles

I thought that by tapping out the excess of the powder you will somehow get rid of the sparkles but no it does not.

Overall it photographs well and makes your face flawless but in person it is very sparkly and people DO NOTICE the sparkles.

Would probably not purchase again.

It breaks and is fragile it fmdrys your skin out makes it look pale and sparkly and I'm way to disgusted with it I want to scream don't waste your money

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

i use this translucide finishing powder to do a nice finish over some minerals or foundations.this brings a nice dewy look to all of my foundations or minerals! It sets the foundations pretty well,leaves a nice finish,blends well.i use this with either my powder brush or my stambling brushes by ecotools,wich works perfectly with that powder.love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I don't like this product. I will not purchase this again, I bought Clinique's loose powder and MUFE's HD microfinish powder. All in all, I give up on drugstore finishers/loose powders.

PROS:
- it does what it's supposed to do, it mattifies your face and sets your foundation
- there's a lot of product

CONS:
- way too sparkly
- i know it's "translucent", not transparent, but this makes my face paler than it is, which is strange because then my face will be slightly lighter than my neck
- packaging is hard to open

I bought this at the same time as L'Oreal's True Match Naturale soft-focus mineral finish... compared to that, this definitely does it's job as a finisher more... it mattifies and sets... but I really don't like the sparkles. I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm trying out random drugstore foundations (I've tried Revlon Colorstay, DNAdvantage, and Maybelline's Instate Age Rewind) but I decided I'll try the Photoready too.. because I really want to like Revlon... but honestly, cut it with the sparkles.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is just as bad as the Revlon Photoready foundation. Sparkly powder on OILY skin is not a good mix.

If you are oily get a matte powder!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this translucent powder for about a week and it is nothing but average. It keeps oil at bay for a few hours and I like the brightness it adds to my skin (I wear this over my foundation) - it doesn't make me look too pale/chalky. I didn't notice the little sparkles in it when I picked it up at the store and when I DID see them, I thought it would look like crap on my face but surprisingly they are not too bad... I guess the sparkles are meant to reflect the light, giving a "photoready" effect (it makes your skin look more luminous). I still think though that if this product had NO sparkles or WAY LESS sparkles, it would have upped the rating (for me, anyway) - I'm just paranoid that the sparkles will be too noticeable when I go out into daylight. I'm not sure yet if this powder is breaking me out - I need to wear it longer to be sure if this is the culprit. Otherwise, I think I generally like this better than my previous translucent powder (Sephora Mineral Matte Touch Up Powder) but it was about the same price, which is expensive for me ($20 CDN). I will update soon!

UPDATE: Eh, I was too scared to wear this out in public because I felt that the little sparkles would be too noticeable under sunlight and other types of light. I now only use this on my eyelids, before applying eyeshadow. I don't want this to go to waste, I spent $20 on it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This product is garbage. Save your money!!! It is not translucent and the product is chalky, clumpy with lots of fall out. I got it on sale but still expensive for the quality. I paid eight, retails about 14.00. Again save your money. I just flushed 8 bucks down the toilet :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

agreed, this sucks, its grainy and doesnt blend well at all. it was 75% off now i know why.

I love this!
I love the sparkles I know it seems to be a con for most people, but I love how it gives me that extra little glow.
This powder is fantastic, I just have to be careful not to get too much on my brush, but that's easy.
It makes my face feel really smooth.
It's not over priced and dark like the L'oreal "translucent" finisher -- which I used for about a year for lack of a better translucent finisher.
But this one is fantastic and not too pricey!
I'm so happy with this product.

PROS:
-Sparkles
-Leaves my skin feeling so smooth
-Lasts all day for my oily skin
-The package is adorable

CONS:
-The package is a little difficult to open

Biggest waste of $11.99 which is expensive for a drugstore product/cheap side of Ulta product.
1) It has sparkles in it.
2) The "compact" as the powder comes is very brittle. Every brush I've tried I get way too much powder. I've tried my kabuki brush and a fan brush ( I use paint brushes from Michaels as make up brushes). It flakes away when you use a brush.
3) When you apply it you end up with sparkles everywhere. I noticed it it washes my complexion out. It appears as if I have spread chalk dust on my face.
4) The last straw was when one of my classmates asked me if I was ill and I wasn't.

Recommended for Normal Skin