April 16, 2014 | 1012 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sooo, the ingredients listed for this product on this review page are not the ingredients listed on my product. There is no sodium chloride or sodium hydroxide in my facewash of this name and brand. Weird. Anyways, I do enjoy this facewash. It does not break me out and it cleans my face well. It has no acne medicine in it (I am acne-prone and break out every so often), so when I do have breakouts I use something else. But for an everyday cleanser, this is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kelciekr

I love this face wash! It really does good for my skin, with cleaning it and taking all of my make-up off without over drying or irritating my skin. I use it with my Clarisonic MIa, and the two put together really get the job done :) I definitely recommend this face wash. However, I like to think that the price is just a bit too high for a small tube. I wish that could change, but overall- its a great face wash!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by musey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE

It ended up being just a bit too drying for winter, so I've switched to Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser. I have found a great regimen with that at the top, please see my notepad if interested.

I still like Simple, and will have to see which cleanser works in the summer.

...

This is a near-HG face wash for me. I hesitate to say that any cleanser can work miracles, but in its simplicity (ha!), this wash makes my skin happier and more calm than any other I've tried. A lot of the redness I struggle with in my pale/ruddy complexion has faded away, and my skin is smoother/softer than I've ever seen it.

HOWEVER, it will not do the best job on hardcore makeup or sunscreen. I wear a very light and dry sunscreen (Elta MD) that this wash can handle as long as I use more than usual (which is about a pea-sized drop, it goes a long way). I don't often wear heavy makeup but when I do, I have to use Clinique soap to cleanse instead of Simple.

Other cleansers that have come close:

Purity foaming (works very well, but Simple is better + cheaper)

Burt's Bees lettuce soap (discontinued), and carrot which was too drying

Evan Healy cleansing milk (a bit too irritating/redness)

Clinique mild face soap (a bit too drying... like every other solid cleanser)

I am using this along with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizer (lotion, not the gel), Aveeno Hydrocortisone cream for blemishes and neosporin cream for healing spots. That along with Elta MD facial sunscreen is keeping my skin the happiest it's ever been, so I don't think I'll mess with the regimen for awhile. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with no dryness. It is also not sensitive at all and not prone to breakouts. I tend to like very light, mild face cleansers. This is definitely light and mild and I can imagine it being good for sensitive and acne-prone skin. For me it was just okay. It didn't do anything bad at all, it just left my skin feeling like I didn't do anything. I already have a soap I prefer for mild cleansing, which is the DHC Pure Soap. This one isn't better so I will skip it again. But with all the harsh facial cleansers out there, this is a good mild one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Nephanie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite face wash ever! Super cheap and gentle, but also removes all of my makeup. No harsh chemicals or dyes...pure awesomeness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Oliviack

This stuff really works! I have been fighting off hormonal adult acne for the past year now and tried so many cleansers, but this one is top notch even compared to clique.
This cleanser works different then most, it's a more natural way to clean your face without any harsh alcohols. I am almost done my first bottle and love how well its worked for me. My chin acne is completely under control and I've noticed my skin is brighter than ever. I recommend this to any one who has been struggling to find the right cleanser to fight and keep off acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good product. No bells and whistles. Just a nice, simple (hee!) cleanser.
Not expensive, now readily available in US drugstores (first time I picked it up was in Heathrow) and gentle on your skin. It is very effective as a makeup remover without stripping the natural oils.

I used to use the Basis gel cleanser for years and it worked wonderfully for my skin. But I'm not seeing it so much in stores anymore so Simple could be a great replacement!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by B1P14

Firstly, I want to warn you to CHECK THE INGREDIENTS when purchasing skin care. I had one of the worst experiences with my skin a few months ago due to Simple products and I could honestly cry just remembering it. My cleanser and toner had both finished and I had no time to order it again online, so when I was at the grocery store I decided I would just pick up Simple and give it a go. I had heard so many good things about this, with loads of people saying it made their skin dewy and glowing, whilst also having great ingredients which are good for the skin and helps it regenerate and unclog pores. Anyways, I got the Simple “Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel’’, the “Soothing Skin Toner’’ and the “Replenishing Rich Moisturizer”. After the first time of this skincare routine, my skin seemed to look really red and irritated and when applying the products my skin seemed to tingle and sting, but I thought that it was just my skin adapting to the new products and decided to persevere with them. However, after using these products for five days, I started getting the reddest spots around my jawline and my skin in general looked permanently red and irritated and started drying out BIG TIME- it was sooooo painful to touch and every time I put a moisturiser or foundation on it would sting. I wasn’t sure what was going on and got so concerned with the state of my skin that I actually ended up going to the doctors in the hope that they could shed some light on what was wrong and how I could fix my skin. They told me that many people had complained about this brand and had suffered major outbreaks or severe dry and flaky skin whilst using it. I immediately stopped using all three products and within a month my skin was back to normal and although i still had very slight blemishes, these were easily covered with my concealer and foundation.

However, about 3 months later, I was staying over at my friends house and had completely forgot to pack my cleanser toner and moisturizer, so instead used the makeup wipe she had offered me, not knowing that it was SIMPLE!!!! I woke up the next day with the REDDEST skin ever and my skin literally felt as if it was on fire! Three days later, i had a major outbreak and literally had red spots everywhere! If i had any doubts before, I certainly dont now... it was DEFINTELY the Simple products that made my skin breakout!

Many of my friends still use Simple and say they get great results from it... no spots or redness.. just clear skin. So i guess it just depends on the person? I would really think about this long and hard if you are considering it. If your skin doesn’t agree with this... is a few months of harsh breakouts and extreme redness worth it, just for the sake of trying this out?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by MK7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have actually continued buying this cleanser many many times! which is unusual for me since I am never satisfied with my current cleanser as they are either too drying,too medicated...or just not doing my skin any good! and finally I think I have found a really good cleanser,which doesn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin! A basic gel cleanser which I would recommend as it is simple without harsh chemical and no perfume>YAY!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by mkristen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was excited to see a 50mL sample of this come in the mail. Free product to try, awesome!

While washing my face with this, my face didn't get that "clean" "fresh" feel that my usual cleanser does (Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap). And this is not one of those lathering soaps (something I'm used to, just my preference).

After I used it, however, the next day I began seeing red spots on my face. A few, maybe 3. That bothered me a bit. But what bothered me the most was that I had a type of rash forming under my bottom lip. It looks as though it may be eczema! I've NEVER had this happen to me on my face before... and to think it would have been caused by a cleanser for "sensitive skin" "Kind to the skin?" I think NOT Simple. This is definitely not the right product for my skin.