July 29, 2014 | 1976 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

This broke me out because as soon as i used this I had a couple of breakouts on my skin, it does however take off makeup but leaves the skin feeling very tight and dry and it claims that it's a simple brand but have you seen the ingredients?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

This is an exceptionally basic gel cleanser that does not cause my skin to re-act. I have been using it for about a year and 1/2. The formula is a colorless gel that has no scent, and six ingredients. It does not lather much, but that's okay with me.
Simple does not leave my skin feeling dry or tight. I like to switch it up tho and go back to Dermalogica special cleansing gel once in a while.
I will keep buying Simple tho'. I do like the Refreshing Cleansing Gel.
I really do not like the packaging however. If you put the tube on the end (cap) it can leak out and get all over and you have wasted a lot. I wish they would change it to a pump type dispenser.
***UPDATE***It's been well over a year and I have decided to stop using this cleanser. I was having some bad break outs and I wasn't sure why. I'd read here on MUA that other reviewers felt this particular face wash left a film on their skin, and I believe that to be true. As soon as I stopped using this and tried something else (Acne.org cleanser~there is a review) the deep pimples stopped. I still gave it three lippies because I really liked it at first & I thought I had found my HG.
Not to be :' (
I am trying Neutrogena Ultra gentle cleanser. I will review that in two weeks, May 2nd, 2013
***UPDATE*** October 21st/2013
Well, I've tried: Dove, Aleppo Soap, Oatmeal, Avene's Cold Cream cleansing Bar, Pond's Cold Cream, went back to Special Cleansing gel for a minute...
Back to simple. I am trying it again without using the heavy moisturizer I was using last year (Impruv Cream) I will update in one month's time (November 23rd/2013)
***UPDATE***
July 2014
So, I am giving Simple another shot, since I`ve got tubes of this lying around, full & unopened. I have tried "natural" washes such as desert essence throughly clean facecwash, and before that the highly unnatural spectro jel.
I have had the best success with this and Marcelle's ultra gentle cleanser. The amount of propylene glycol worries me...maybe that's paranoia.
I'm using this until that crazy a$$ soap by Dream Quest neutraceuticals comes in, an odd bar of...something.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know why so many people like this..... It says it for sensitive skin but it left my somewhat sensitive skin red and feeling hot. Also the next morning I found my face SUPER dry! Not at all impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far, this mild cleanser has been very kind on my skin. My skin feels so soft and clean after using this. I top this with the 'Simple Rich Moisturizer' and have had no problems so far. It's nice to see such a simple (*slaps knee*) product out there that is this effective!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sooo, the ingredients listed for this product on this review page are not the ingredients listed on my product. There is no sodium chloride or sodium hydroxide in my facewash of this name and brand. Weird. Anyways, I do enjoy this facewash. It does not break me out and it cleans my face well. It has no acne medicine in it (I am acne-prone and break out every so often), so when I do have breakouts I use something else. But for an everyday cleanser, this is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kelciekr

I love this face wash! It really does good for my skin, with cleaning it and taking all of my make-up off without over drying or irritating my skin. I use it with my Clarisonic MIa, and the two put together really get the job done :) I definitely recommend this face wash. However, I like to think that the price is just a bit too high for a small tube. I wish that could change, but overall- its a great face wash!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by musey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE

It ended up being just a bit too drying for winter, so I've switched to Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser. I have found a great regimen with that at the top, please see my notepad if interested.

I still like Simple, and will have to see which cleanser works in the summer.

...

This is a near-HG face wash for me. I hesitate to say that any cleanser can work miracles, but in its simplicity (ha!), this wash makes my skin happier and more calm than any other I've tried. A lot of the redness I struggle with in my pale/ruddy complexion has faded away, and my skin is smoother/softer than I've ever seen it.

HOWEVER, it will not do the best job on hardcore makeup or sunscreen. I wear a very light and dry sunscreen (Elta MD) that this wash can handle as long as I use more than usual (which is about a pea-sized drop, it goes a long way). I don't often wear heavy makeup but when I do, I have to use Clinique soap to cleanse instead of Simple.

Other cleansers that have come close:

Purity foaming (works very well, but Simple is better + cheaper)

Burt's Bees lettuce soap (discontinued), and carrot which was too drying

Evan Healy cleansing milk (a bit too irritating/redness)

Clinique mild face soap (a bit too drying... like every other solid cleanser)

I am using this along with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizer (lotion, not the gel), Aveeno Hydrocortisone cream for blemishes and neosporin cream for healing spots. That along with Elta MD facial sunscreen is keeping my skin the happiest it's ever been, so I don't think I'll mess with the regimen for awhile. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with no dryness. It is also not sensitive at all and not prone to breakouts. I tend to like very light, mild face cleansers. This is definitely light and mild and I can imagine it being good for sensitive and acne-prone skin. For me it was just okay. It didn't do anything bad at all, it just left my skin feeling like I didn't do anything. I already have a soap I prefer for mild cleansing, which is the DHC Pure Soap. This one isn't better so I will skip it again. But with all the harsh facial cleansers out there, this is a good mild one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Nephanie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite face wash ever! Super cheap and gentle, but also removes all of my makeup. No harsh chemicals or dyes...pure awesomeness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Oliviack

This stuff really works! I have been fighting off hormonal adult acne for the past year now and tried so many cleansers, but this one is top notch even compared to clique.
This cleanser works different then most, it's a more natural way to clean your face without any harsh alcohols. I am almost done my first bottle and love how well its worked for me. My chin acne is completely under control and I've noticed my skin is brighter than ever. I recommend this to any one who has been struggling to find the right cleanser to fight and keep off acne.