Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

3.6

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisestearate, May contain: Cl 73360 Red, Cl 77492 Iron Oxides [May 13, 2010] SILICONE CITY

on 10/7/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

It helps to make my pores look less noticeable, however monistat chaffing relief pwder-gel does a better job at concealing my pores. It is also cheaper than this one.

on 8/24/2012 6:07:00 PM

The label says that this is pink tinted, but it looks clear to me. Worked well, but caused my combination skin to break out.

on 7/25/2012 2:39:00 PM

I used to use Smashbox Photo Finish primer, but have been searching for a cheaper alternative. When I found this product at Shopper's DrugMart for like 5$ I was thrilled. I have 'normal' skin, and sometime like to use a primer with just a light powder overtop. With Smashbox I found this was all I needed for a light make-up day when my skin was in good condition. This doesn't have that feature, but it does make a nice smooth canvas for the foundation to be applied overtop. My only real problem is my skin has a tingly burning sensation after I apply it, it only lasts for a few minutes, but it's obviously not a good sign. I use it when I'm feeling desperate for perfect foundation, but only then.

on 7/25/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

A friend who uses DHC Velvet Skin Coat primer happened to spot Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer while we were in Ulta and remarked that the ingredients sounded a lot like the Velvet Skin Coat. Of course the Maybelline is a lot less spendy so I decided to give it a try. Very pleasant surprise! A tiny bit is all you need to make a very smooth canvas for your foundation--I use either powder or liquid. Skin feels truly velvety soft. I used to use Smashbox primer eons ago but I don't think it was any better than the Maybelline. And, of course, having product in a tube rather than a jar (cough, cough, L'Oreal) is a big plus.

on 5/31/2012 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

HIGH QUALITY FROM MAYBELLINE AND GREAT FOR DRY SKIN!
Who knew? I am so pleasantly surprised at the wonderful performance of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer! This is a moisturizing gel formula which simply glides on and feels oh so silky. Pores and lines seem to disappear before I apply any concealer or foundation. It's fabulous and beats the more expensive cosmetic counter brands hands down. I really do look fresher and younger using this product AND makeup stays put all day! LOVE IT!

on 5/29/2012 7:27:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this stuff and really like it.I like the way it applies and feels on my skin.I love how conveinient the tube is.I also like that it is a gel.Not a cream.One thing I don't like is it takes a little while to dry, but for the results of the product it is totally worth it.I probably wouldnt reccommend this for oily skin, but I don't have oily skin so I wuldn't know how it works but it seems like it coould make someone who already has oily skin even worse.And the price is pretty nice too.

on 5/20/2012 11:13:00 PM

I like using Smashbox Photo Finish & Laura Geller Spackle, but didn't care for the price tag. Other than it being dry, my skin is super easy (not super sensitive, acne prone, or have a multitude of sins to hide), so I figured I'd be able to find a decent, cheaper alternative.

Yes, I did, but it actually took a few tries. Revlon Beyond Natural was way too greasy for me, Covergirl Simply Ageless burned, & Hard Candy Sheer Envy separated after only a couple weeks. (First sheer liquid would come out, then thicker white clumpy stuff. I had to dispense a lot of product so that I could mix them together wasting both time & product.)

Maybelline Age Rewind was the last drugstore brand I was going to try before switching back to Smashbox or Laura Geller. I am so glad I tried this! I alternate between powders like Studio Gear & Bare Minerals & liquids like Benefit's Hello Flawless. It locked in my moisturizer, made all my makeup types go on smoothly, & kept it in place all day just like SB & LG. Plus it comes in a pliable tube (so you can easily get every last bit unlike SB) & it cost less than $10.

It might be a little too thick for someone with oily skin, but if you have normal/dry skin & are looking for a cheaper alternative, I'd recommend giving this a try!

on 5/6/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product over a month ago and I don't like it at all. It left my face very oily and the texture is is almost like petroleum jelly. It didn't help my makeup at all and because of the slippery oily/jelly-like texture, my makeup easily rubbed off. I personally don't like this and won't buy it again. And It broke me out a little.

on 3/24/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the most horrible product I have ever tried I think !
It is so oily and I just hated the gel texture that leaves my face so greasy. I also couldn't put on any make-up as nothing would set on my skin.
This product is complete rubbish !

on 2/15/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does nothing to help smooth over any dry skin on my face and also makes my face greasy. Not ver impressed, especially when I paid almost ten dollars for it. I have yet to find a good primer but the closest I came to liking is Laura Geller's Spackle.

Popular Primer/ Correctors