Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 7/24/2012 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Dior mascara and I can say that it lives up to the high standard I was holding it to. At first I thought it was slightly thick and clumpy but found it much easier to use with a lash comb which didn't bother me too much. Too many coats of this mascara tends to make lashes clump so I would limit it to two coats at most. The great thing about it is that it is not flaky due to the wet, slick formula. Some people may not like the weight of this mascara; just keep in mind that it won't give a "fluttery", "light" appearance to lashes but rather a dramatic, false lash look. Despite it being a slightly heavy formula, I find it holds a curl fairly well. I would compare it to Maybelline's Falsies mascara. All in all Extase is perfect if you want dark, intimidating lashes which is hardly a problem in my book; after all my philosophy on lashes is to go BIG or go HOME!
Edit: This has lasted me almost a year! I know you're supposed to discard mascara after a few months but this one is still not dried out for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Disappointing. Very expensive. I certainly regret purchasing this mascara. The packaging is beautiful but the stopper is not effective and then the opening becomes encrusted with mascara and the lid does not close securely.

As with 99% of all "high end" mascaras there is nothing high end about this.

on 7/6/2012 3:15:00 PM

My HG mascara (for now,LOL). I much prefer this to the original and the Iconic one - it gives both length and volume, and doesn't dry out in the tube after 6weeks like many others I have tried (Lancome, for instance, tho their new Doll Eyes is very good),

on 6/25/2012 4:15:00 PM

I'm perfectly content with Benefit They're Real! which does everything I want it to except pay my bills. I received a sample of this from Birchbox; I'm not a Diorshow mascara person. In fact, the price of Benefit stretches my mascara budget as far as it will go, even though DiorShow Extase is only 6 bucks more. But Benefit only claims to give you insane volume and length. Dior's claims for Extase are so long-winded and full of "technological" market-speak that I got bored reading them; I think they promised to wash my truck & do my taxes. Its claims are what makes this only a 3-star mascara. They promised extreme volume more than once, but volume is the one thing that was missing for me. It had incredible length and definition, but no major thickening. So it's a great lengthening mascara, and hypothetically I'd buy it again, but for me it's just not $28.50 mascara. If you need length and don't mind the price, you're gonna like this.

For the price I was expecting a lot more from this mascara. It dried up very quickly and formed clumps very easily. However, it did add a lot of volume to my lashes, I just had to comb through them after to get rid of any clumps. The packaging was also disappointing as the print rubbed off the bottle after just a few weeks of being in my make up bag.

on 6/6/2012 11:50:00 PM

Not for gals with short/thinning lashes. Applied several coats, up down all around zigzag. Not impressed. The brush also reminds me a little of Lancome's Hypnose Drama. Yuk. Like others said, it takes too long to apply. There's better for less. It's going back.

on 6/4/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good mascara, makes my lashes dramatic looking. Dries up a little fast but its powder based formula, just keep the lid on tight. I would buy it again but i will probably try a couple other name brand ones before going back to this, something that holds curl a little better and doesnt clump up so easily.

on 5/16/2012 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't like this one:( It clumps alot and sticks my eyelashes together. So it looks like I have 5 eyelashes lol I prefer new look.

on 5/13/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This mascara is quite nice. Gives my lashes a great lift and volume.
However it does tend to clump so I try to be really fast when applying coat after coat. Otherwise it is great, very pigmented and does not flake one bit. I even slept with it on a few times to find myself waking up with great lifted lashes as if just applied!

on 5/3/2012 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love it! Yes, it's expensive but it gives you that false lash effect and lasts a loooong time. I've been using it every single day for over a month now and it hasn't dried one bit (might help that I press my finger on the tube like a cap every time I use it) and there's still a lot of product left. People who say this isn't a good mascara don't know how to wear mascara in the first place. The first coat doesn't do much, immediately follow it with a second coat, starting from the base of the lashes, zig-zagging through the middle and just closing your eyes slowly at the very ends, letting your lashes do the work (no need for curlers). Then I skip to the other eye, do two coats, go back to the first one and do a third coat. I've never seen a mascara that does a better job at holding the third coat without clumping. Everyone asks me whether my lashes are real or not. I am never changing my mascara ever again.