Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 7/26/2012 10:35:00 AM

There is no crazy wow factor to this mascara. It's just a great mascara. I gave it four lippies because it does not come completely off after I use makeup remover and cleanser. This would not deter me from buying it again- I just have to pay close attention to removing it. The mascara goes on good, does not flake off during the day. I think this mascara makes my lashes just a little prettier than my normal mascara(clinique high impact), but not a huge difference. I may of may not purchase again due to the price.

on 7/25/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Iíve tried all of the Diorshow mascaras but none hit the sweet spot quite like Extase. It lifts and enhances my lashes. It adds thickness, length, and definition to my eyes making it look beautiful and adding drama at the same time, which is exactly what I need when I am out with my girlfriends. I like pairing it with a primer (Lancome Cils Booster) to avoid the dreaded mascara migration at the end of the night especially after some crazy dancing at the club. Not that Iíve ever experienced it with this mascara, as itís waterproof. I just absolutely love Diorshow Extase. It makes my lashes look full with only a couple coats needed. The only problem I have with it is the price, but other than that this is definitely the best mascara I've ever tried.

on 7/24/2012 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Dior mascara and I can say that it lives up to the high standard I was holding it to. At first I thought it was slightly thick and clumpy but found it much easier to use with a lash comb which didn't bother me too much. Too many coats of this mascara tends to make lashes clump so I would limit it to two coats at most. The great thing about it is that it is not flaky due to the wet, slick formula. Some people may not like the weight of this mascara; just keep in mind that it won't give a "fluttery", "light" appearance to lashes but rather a dramatic, false lash look. Despite it being a slightly heavy formula, I find it holds a curl fairly well. I would compare it to Maybelline's Falsies mascara. All in all Extase is perfect if you want dark, intimidating lashes which is hardly a problem in my book; after all my philosophy on lashes is to go BIG or go HOME!
Edit: This has lasted me almost a year! I know you're supposed to discard mascara after a few months but this one is still not dried out for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Disappointing. Very expensive. I certainly regret purchasing this mascara. The packaging is beautiful but the stopper is not effective and then the opening becomes encrusted with mascara and the lid does not close securely.

As with 99% of all "high end" mascaras there is nothing high end about this.

on 7/6/2012 3:15:00 PM

My HG mascara (for now,LOL). I much prefer this to the original and the Iconic one - it gives both length and volume, and doesn't dry out in the tube after 6weeks like many others I have tried (Lancome, for instance, tho their new Doll Eyes is very good),

on 6/25/2012 4:15:00 PM

I'm perfectly content with Benefit They're Real! which does everything I want it to except pay my bills. I received a sample of this from Birchbox; I'm not a Diorshow mascara person. In fact, the price of Benefit stretches my mascara budget as far as it will go, even though DiorShow Extase is only 6 bucks more. But Benefit only claims to give you insane volume and length. Dior's claims for Extase are so long-winded and full of "technological" market-speak that I got bored reading them; I think they promised to wash my truck & do my taxes. Its claims are what makes this only a 3-star mascara. They promised extreme volume more than once, but volume is the one thing that was missing for me. It had incredible length and definition, but no major thickening. So it's a great lengthening mascara, and hypothetically I'd buy it again, but for me it's just not $28.50 mascara. If you need length and don't mind the price, you're gonna like this.

For the price I was expecting a lot more from this mascara. It dried up very quickly and formed clumps very easily. However, it did add a lot of volume to my lashes, I just had to comb through them after to get rid of any clumps. The packaging was also disappointing as the print rubbed off the bottle after just a few weeks of being in my make up bag.

on 6/6/2012 11:50:00 PM

Not for gals with short/thinning lashes. Applied several coats, up down all around zigzag. Not impressed. The brush also reminds me a little of Lancome's Hypnose Drama. Yuk. Like others said, it takes too long to apply. There's better for less. It's going back.

on 6/4/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good mascara, makes my lashes dramatic looking. Dries up a little fast but its powder based formula, just keep the lid on tight. I would buy it again but i will probably try a couple other name brand ones before going back to this, something that holds curl a little better and doesnt clump up so easily.

on 5/16/2012 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't like this one:( It clumps alot and sticks my eyelashes together. So it looks like I have 5 eyelashes lol I prefer new look.

Popular Mascaras