November 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by henrieka

My HG mascara (for now,LOL). I much prefer this to the original and the Iconic one - it gives both length and volume, and doesn't dry out in the tube after 6weeks like many others I have tried (Lancome, for instance, tho their new Doll Eyes is very good),

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I'm perfectly content with Benefit They're Real! which does everything I want it to except pay my bills. I received a sample of this from Birchbox; I'm not a Diorshow mascara person. In fact, the price of Benefit stretches my mascara budget as far as it will go, even though DiorShow Extase is only 6 bucks more. But Benefit only claims to give you insane volume and length. Dior's claims for Extase are so long-winded and full of "technological" market-speak that I got bored reading them; I think they promised to wash my truck & do my taxes. Its claims are what makes this only a 3-star mascara. They promised extreme volume more than once, but volume is the one thing that was missing for me. It had incredible length and definition, but no major thickening. So it's a great lengthening mascara, and hypothetically I'd buy it again, but for me it's just not $28.50 mascara. If you need length and don't mind the price, you're gonna like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the price I was expecting a lot more from this mascara. It dried up very quickly and formed clumps very easily. However, it did add a lot of volume to my lashes, I just had to comb through them after to get rid of any clumps. The packaging was also disappointing as the print rubbed off the bottle after just a few weeks of being in my make up bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

Not for gals with short/thinning lashes. Applied several coats, up down all around zigzag. Not impressed. The brush also reminds me a little of Lancome's Hypnose Drama. Yuk. Like others said, it takes too long to apply. There's better for less. It's going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good mascara, makes my lashes dramatic looking. Dries up a little fast but its powder based formula, just keep the lid on tight. I would buy it again but i will probably try a couple other name brand ones before going back to this, something that holds curl a little better and doesnt clump up so easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by mrnncastle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this one:( It clumps alot and sticks my eyelashes together. So it looks like I have 5 eyelashes lol I prefer new look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is quite nice. Gives my lashes a great lift and volume.
However it does tend to clump so I try to be really fast when applying coat after coat. Otherwise it is great, very pigmented and does not flake one bit. I even slept with it on a few times to find myself waking up with great lifted lashes as if just applied!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by flippantme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it! Yes, it's expensive but it gives you that false lash effect and lasts a loooong time. I've been using it every single day for over a month now and it hasn't dried one bit (might help that I press my finger on the tube like a cap every time I use it) and there's still a lot of product left. People who say this isn't a good mascara don't know how to wear mascara in the first place. The first coat doesn't do much, immediately follow it with a second coat, starting from the base of the lashes, zig-zagging through the middle and just closing your eyes slowly at the very ends, letting your lashes do the work (no need for curlers). Then I skip to the other eye, do two coats, go back to the first one and do a third coat. I've never seen a mascara that does a better job at holding the third coat without clumping. Everyone asks me whether my lashes are real or not. I am never changing my mascara ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by SparkleSmash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best mascara I've ever bought. It doesn't clump, it stays put, and it looks the same from the moment I put it on until the moment I take it off. I haven't been using it for very long; I recieved a sample while buying a lipstick, and only recently bought the full size, but I wouldn't have shelled out so much money for something I didn't love. I will absolutly be buying again!
The mascara is a bit black for regular use for someone who prefers a simple look, but I love big, black bold lashes! I had to switch my black eyeliner to a brown one so it wouldn't be too much black at once, though.
Overall, I think it's a really good mascara if you feel like paying a bit extra for quality.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I bought this mascara after having bought Diorshow in the past and not being overly impressed. Everyone seemed to rave about the Dior mascaras so I decided to give it another go. After the consultant's advice I decided with the Extase one this time and I'm sorry I did. I thought it was terrible. It made my eyelashes appear clumpy and the brush was difficult to use. The product dries out very quickly too so I would steer clear!