Revlon PhotoReady Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

2058 reviews

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.0%) Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cycloheptasiloxane, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/31/2014 8:09:00 AM

Love love loooooove this foundation. I will definitely repurchase it. No complaint at all. But if you prefer a matte finish, I don't recommend it tho. However, if u like a dewy finish like me, you will fall in love with this babe. The sparkling thingy doesn't bother me, I even like it. So, love!

on 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I tend to stay away from liquid foundations because I don't like to feel like I'm painting my skin. But every once and a while, a review convinces me to give liquid another try--that's how I ended up with PhotoReady. I really dislike this foundation. I find the colour to be a bit too yellow and the formula is too thin--I feel like it just sits on top of my skin and looks very obviously like makeup. Other reviewers have mentioned the shimmer and I strongly dislike that, as well. I'm 28 and I try to avoid putting any kind of glittery products on my face--it's most noticeable on your fingers after application and it's VERY difficult to wash off your hands. Overall, it just feels yucky. I have normal skin (not oily or dry), but I find that this foundation accentuates the tiniest bit of dryness in my skin and even after setting with powder, I get quite shiny during the day.
This product's only redeeming quality is its beautiful packaging and dispenser.

on 7/28/2014 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Liquid foundations are the bane of my existence. I was in need of new foundation and decided to pick this up, as Revlon has a good deal of products that work for pale olive skin. While it matched my skin tone as well as I had expected, everything else about this product sucked. If you have dry skin, this foundation isn't for you. It clung to every dry patch, bump, and pore I had, even with lots of moisturizer and primer underneath. The coverage is very light and it takes a lot of product -- two pumps -- to build it up to medium. And as other reviewers have said, there's little sparkly bits in it. You can mostly avoid that by shaking the foundation before you apply it, but the sparkles will still be there. Not a flattering look, especially when it's cracked and spiderwebbing across your dry skin. Save your money, don't buy this.

on 7/7/2014 12:02:00 PM

I actually love the airbrushed and regular liquid of this product. It doesn't have a full coverage and it does sparkle but I love it. I already owned every product of this line and love it.

on 7/1/2014 8:16:00 AM

I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it's not very good. The texture is very watery and it's a struggle to get full coverage. It does however have a pleasant smell. The name stood out to me 'photo ready', I thought this would be a good foundation which his imperfections and stayed put but unfortunately this wasn't the story. I do have to add, if mixed with another foundation (I mixed with Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection) it does look superb and adds a slight shimmer to your face which brightens it up a little.

on 6/30/2014 4:45:00 PM

I feel really sad that so many people seem to have had a bad experience with this product :-(

I don't use this foundation every single day, but I use it enough. It's good quality drugstore foundation. I've never experienced growing pores or sparkling, but I also use a primer and finishing powder. Maybe I will try the foundation alone once to see if that happens.

It lasts for several hours (I sometimes work 12 hour shifts), without much fading at all and minimal to no touchups. My skintone is matched almost flawlessly.

on 6/30/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Talk about cakey AND sparkles. I THOUGHT that I liked this at first, it does indeed look good in pictures, but gosh darn it feels like frosting on my face. Not to mention it broke me out too. Not a great choice for those with oily skin, as the sparkle reaches a turning point of looking good in photos, but then you are a shiny mess. The pump is really nice though.

on 6/28/2014 12:28:00 AM

This stuff made my pores look bigger

on 6/27/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay this is going to be a long review but a well thought out report of this foundation. I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. When I first purchased it in Medium Beige 004 I thought holy crap thats a looot of sparkle, and yes it is definitely noticeable. Now, here is why there are such conflicting reports on the sparkle issue: the sparkles are white/silver and in the lighter shades they blend with the pigment really well, being almost unnoticeble on fair-light skintones, however, once the colours get darker the sparkles contrast with the foundation's pigment and become more noticable on medium-dark skintones. I'm guessing the ladies reporting no issues with sparkles are lighter skinned and thus do not have the same obvious sparkles on their face as the darker skinned ladies. I myself am wheatish and can see the sparkle, especial on hot days, and for anyone who is going to be in close proximity to another person (think professional settings/relationships) its just plain embarassing to have your makeup look so obvious. However whenever I have been photographed with this foundation on, my skin looks so uniform and smooth and not sparkly at all, it really does create a photoready effect. Also, its lasts a looong time on my combo skin, I just need to blot once during the day. I don't like that the sparkles make the oil on my forehead stand out, or that its so sparkly but I love the medium to full coverage and the smoothing effect it has on skin. So, for something that has to be worn on a not-so-sunny day in a not-so-initmate or close up setting I definitely reach for this the most. It has never broken me out and the packaging is very nice and convenient. Try it, it will work for night events for sure. I've found the best way to use it is to shake it really well to distribute sparkles evenly and then apply in thin layers with downward strokes using your fingers, not a brush.

on 6/26/2014 10:28:00 AM

I was really wanting to love this. Way too sparkly, you look like a twilight vampire when you step outside... And if you have acne it totally draw attention to it. I find the foundation doesn't go on smoothly... I've tried a foundation brush, beauty blender, stipple brush, hands... No success. I purchased this at Walmart US for $10.97 and it will probably remain sitting in my cupboard. I think this product would be great for girls with clear skin looking for a boost, but us girls with acne and scarring this is NOT for you!