December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2041 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought last minute to get me through a wedding. I usually wear I20 light ivory in Shiseido products; got 'shell' in the Photoready. It was a bit pale in the photographs later, but this could have been my fault (colour choice). Still, coverage was even all through the night, it does stay on and doesn't move around. No unwanted shine. 4 for all this.

Didn't break out with one day's wear (expected to, with the spf), but got a few small ones after 2-3 consecutive days (using jojoba oil and gentle face wash to remove it). I think it'd be ok every now and then, really just for events.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sophu

Being a cheerleader is stressful when it comes to makeup... the foundation just begs to smear off...
But Revlon photoready is one of my HITS! its so silky and when you put it on it feels like silk. It has great coverage. This is one of my GREATIST favorites! If you love this foundation you WILL love l'oreal true match super blendable compact foundation and l'oreal true match liquid foundation! THESE ARE MY 3 FAVORITES

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbugg

I read some of these reviews, and I am shocked to hear about some of the experiences that some of the reviewers have had. This is my favorite foundation in the whole wide world. My mom used to tell me that I should only use drugstore products for eyes and lips, and that I needed to search for more high end brands when it came to my face. Well, I went on a very important trip and left my Estee Lauder Double Wear at home. It was the epitome of a makeup emergency, and fortunately my hotel was right across a CVS. I ran in and left with the first liquid foundation that I could find. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified of what I was going to find. I left the store with a new foundation, and $14 less. As soon as I went back to the hotel, I tried it on. OK. You will not believe the texture, it was so luxurious. THIS FOUNDATION IS A DUPE FOR THE ARMANI SILK FOUNDATION. No joke. Even the packaging is similar. The pigmentation is actually better than some of the high end foundations. I came home at around midnight, and slept with my makeup on. I woke up, and It was still there. And guess what? Not a single break out.

The foundation is called Photo Ready for a reason, right? YES. The event that I went to required so much flash photography, that I'm still stunned. Usually my face has a little shine, but this time my skin looked so soft and smooth in every single picture that was taken. I haven't stopped using this product, and its so easy to remove. Just one wipe, and everything is completely off.

Please consider this makeup! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by illbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation comparable to Make up forever HD. I also needed a foundation that wouldn't aggravate my acne-prone skin. I originally wanted a neutrogena foundation because many people said its good for oily, acne-prone skin but unfortunately neutrogena didn't offer colours appropriate to my skin tone (NW50 in MAC Or 185 in makeup forever HD). I use Revlon Photoready in mocha which seems to suit my shade well for the winter months (I have yet to see if its appropriate for summer). Its shocking when first applied but trust me it oxidized well (to what seems like adapting to your skin tone) with in a few minutes. Its light weight but definitely build-able coverage. I mostly wear makeup for night with events/outings and prefer a full face. It photographs well (but ensure that you have given it ample time to oxidized). I have only noticed breakouts if I don't wash it off before going to sleep. I have extremely oily skin therefore I have to top it with a setting powder & Urban Decay De slick setting spray (and with all that I can go 3-4 hours before needing to blot). I would say it looks good for about 6-7 hours (then I'm a grease ball but that's the life on us oily peeps). I live in Canada and purchase it from Walmart or Target for $16 + tax. The packaging is very chic (glass bottle with a pump) but I accidentally dropped my 1st bottle while shaking it and it shattered into pieces (within the first week) and I had to buy another. So if you do the Math; I spent over $40 (I could have gotten the Make up forever HD for that price) so be careful. I would recommend this product those with similar skin type/complexion. I hope this review was helpful to someone out there. Take care xoxo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sets quickly so you need to move fast when applying. Coverage is nice and buildable but not great for covering some dry patches on my cheeks. It makes that area look flakey :( so I recommend making sure your skin is smooth and exfoliated before applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by katherinegclark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation is pretty good i got the color nude but it is too dark but still workable the coverage is medium but buildable i put two layers for a natural but flawless look this foundation is quite dewy but it does set fairly well when i first tried it on my hand i could see glitter but on my face its hardly noticible and definitely leads to a luminous finish without having to have a sticky feel its not as long wearing as colorstay but it lasts a school day without obvious wear i powder lights on areas i dont want to transfer/get oily and use a good primer which definitely increases the wear its a great foundation for the drugstore and i could see this working on most people ill repurchase probably but im always trying new things so it might change but this is a very good find

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by VioletShimmers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There's something to be said about a foundation that I consistently used for a period of time even though it made me break out. The cover and finish of the Revlon PhotoReady is amazing. I am NC25-30 and I used Golden Beige. A thin layer already covers every single flaw and has a brightening/glowing effect that still feels matte to the touch. I pulled a lot of all-nighters during college and this was the foundation I would reach for the next morning to look awake and fresh faced in class (even though I was really dying of fatigue). There is a lot of glitter in this foundation and I would not recommend it for days when you need to be out in the sun. The glitter is truly like pieces of glitter, not just fine shimmer. The formula is also a little drying and may settle into fine lines, but the glowing effect really masks this and you really can't tell unless you go up close. And lastly, the ingredients in here made me break out every time. So, this foundation is probably best for special events or presentations when you want to look really good, but I would not use it on a daily basis. I have since moved on from this foundation, even though I do miss that perfect-looking "photo ready" finish from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jenmoyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really good foundation. It makes my skin feel soft, and instantly brightens my face. It doesn't make my skin feel oily or dry. I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by joannajoseph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a NC37 and Golden Beige is a great fit for me - it applies beautifully with a brush and it really brightens and smooths out my face. It's great for the price (around 7 or 8 bucks), and as someone who has used MAC and MUFE foundations before, definitely comparable to a higher-end product. I also like that it comes with a pump (something still lacking in some higher end foundations - I'm looking at you, NARS!), which makes dispensing the product very easy. As a plus, my friends always say I look extra pretty/glowy on the days I wear this foundation, especially in the winter when everyone's skin looks dull and dry.

PROS:
- inexpensive
- pump dispenser
- applies evenly
- looks like your skin, but better
- photographs beautifully
- lasts for a long time (even without a primer)
- dewy look, which I like (I hate when a foundation is completely matte)
- Golden Beige is a beautiful summery tan color, looks great with a bronzer

CONS:
- formula can be a bit too liquidy
- not a huge variety of shades

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmoses15

I love this foundation. The coverage is perfect for me! I don't like my bare skin because it is very pale and there is a lot of discoloration. I use this foundation with the E.L.F. Primer and O think my skin look fabulous all day!