September 2, 2014 | 1438 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by sauce62

Being the devout fragrance review reader that I am (I check in daily to read the reviews) I am always struck by the rave reviews for this perfume. Naturally, I ordered a sample off of ebay and received it yesterday. Okay. Do not like. I already have tried Miracle and passed that on. This smells the same to me. Not interesting at all. Different strokes and all that. As someone mentioned earlier, if this did not have the Chanel name, it would probably not be so compelling. I do not find it fresh at all. Perhaps on someone else. Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always reach for chance when I want to smell fresh & sexy. This particular fragrance always brings on the compliments. It isn't expensive in that it last's a fairly long time on my skin. It even gets better as the day wears on. This one is for the sophistacted lady for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by lauraajayne

Absolutely love this fragrance! I usually don't go for perfumes with an overpowering scent, so this one was perfect! It has a clean, sweet smell without being too strong. I bought the small purse spray, so it's easy and convenient for me when I'm out and on the go. It also came with 2 refills, which I found very good considering the price of this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Svitlana21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this smell. It is so fresh and delicate with flower and citrus scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Oh my god I love this fragrance! I wasn't big on it at first because I felt it smelled a little old lady ish like #5. My aunt has a bottle of it and I decided randomly to wear it one day and try it and I fell in love with this scent right away. I can see how it smells a little more grown up than Eau Fraiche and Eau Tendre but still wearable for younger women.
This smells similar to Miss Dior, which is also a favourite of mine, except this is a little more citrusy and this is definitely stronger. I put on two sprays of it and it was almost too much, I could smell it on me all day long.
I love this fragrance and I highly recommend it to everyone. I think its suitable for women of all ages

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bbgold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG perfume, classic scent, love it!

Always have a bottle of this at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel Chance is heaven in a bottle for me. I gave it a 4 because I feel like the staying power is weak but it's a relaxing fragrance that also induces productivity for me. I adore the smell, the bottle is adorable and you can't beat owning a piece of chanel!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by fiouu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells -on me- like I ran through a perfume shop spraying every single thing in a bottle of water and then drenched myself in it. Has an amazing sillage but no staying power whatsoever, mind you mine's in edp concentration. It's also very oily on the skin (kinda like mitsouko). Won't be repurchasing since I have the large bottle (a pia to carry around since the metal cap keeps falling off and don't know why), packaging is cute but not useful at all. I wear this when I want to smell nice but don't really know what to wear. It's pretty average to be a chanel.
IMHO eau tendre and eau fraiche are better, cleaner, fresher smelling. And this being a 'chypre' well, I get more wood from Tresor In Love than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

I love Chance. I wore it for years and it's so nostalgic to me. It's feminine, not too musky or heavy, but has a nice weight to it. The staying power is crazy, you only need a couple sprays.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by via1313

Chanel chance edp...distinctive, sophisticated, a cut above the rest. For a couple of years I was pretty close to buying this fragrance but it didn't seem financially sound to buy the small bottle when I could get the biggest bottle for an extra 40 dollars or so. So I had to wait for the cash for the biggest bottle of course. I first bought chanel chance eau fraiche and knew original chance would eventually be part of my perfume arsenal. Finally it is mine all mine--i orded my bottle from chanel.com and for some reason I didn't have to pay tax--saving about 15 dollars it also came with a black drawstring chanel.com logo pouch and a couple of chanel samples. On to the fragrance--i am sure others have described in detail what this smells like on here and fragrantica so I won't do that. I will tell you how this is different. I am a perfume fanatic--often doing my 'research' on fragrance boards, blogs etc. to see what others have to say about a fragrance. I then become entranced by the fragrance by sampling and reading how great a fragrance is. Then I will buy the fragrance--ebay, ulta, sephora, fragrance net, amazon, etc. Waiting, waiting, waiting for my fragrance to arrive--checking my phone to look up where my fragrance is in the transit process--like a true addict--until finally I get home and see that package on my doorstep. Palms sweaty, heart beating quickly--true love or lust anyway--i open the package--and think--mine, finally mine all mine. Then I will wear a fragrance for a few days and add it to the arsenal and on to the next...reasearch, order, ope, wear..on to the next. Sure it will get play in my rotation but I move on to my next obsession. Chance is different--the other day I took ALL of my perfumes out and said--this is ridiculous! I need to stop 'stalking' these fragrances and actually use them. I have probably 60 bottles or more. So I took the night to smell them all again--some were sweet, youthful some were spicy, some heavy, some light...you get the picture. At the end of the night I came to one conclusion--during the past 2 years Chance edp is the best fragrance I have purchased. It is like your best friend that never lets you down--a friendship that lasts--she isn't too loud--you can take her anywhere day or night, she says the right things, acts appropriately in any given situation--she is a class act. Not too youthful, not too mature, not too spicy, not too sweet--she lasts throughout the day and night. You always have fun when you 'hang out' with her--you can count on her. This is the rare fragrance that you can wear to work interview, board meeting, hanging out at a baseball game in a tshirt and out to an elegant dinner or wedding (even on your wedding day!)and never feel out of place. Fall, winter, spring, summer--she is there for you. This fragrance becomes you. 3 spritzes and I am good for the day--i get compliments from women asking me to write the name down for them--my guy doesn't complain when I wear it--which doesn't sound like a big deal--but sometimes he makes remarks that aren't positive with some of my other perfumes. This is one that can become a signature...one your kids will remember you wearing when would get ready for a big night out or the one you put on before going to work in the mornings. I know it is pricey but a few spritzes last and the drydown is clean (while still being interesting) and sophisticated. I might spray one more spritz on my lunchbreak for a touch up. I imagine a french woman wearing this--fitted black blazer over a simple white tank, skinny jeans and kitten heels or maybe tall michael kors style boots (in a camel color) and a beautiful scarf, simple pearl earrings, sheer makeup, naturally styled hair and of course a couple of spritzes of chance edp! Take a 'chance' on chance--if you end up not liking it you can take it back to sephora, ulta, etc. Chanel.com even sends you a return shipping label and with your online order--knowing perfecly well you won't be sending it back. :) When all is said and done maybe my chase is over...maybe I have found my true signature??? Hmmm...maybe I will start looking up reviews on the Chance body lotion? Might need to stop by the mall to try out the lotion! Lol the chase never ends...that's life I suppose! (PS sorry for typos--i typed this up quickly on my phone in my car--when I was supposed to be at my desk working, instead of on this site! Lol). Happy sniffing! Enjoy life and always take a CHANCE!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No