NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the first base I've tried. I have primers, UDPP and elf, but no base. I normally use NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Milk for my base but wanted to give this a shot since it was on sale @ ULTA. Overall, I really like it. I have an elf palette that I'd given up on because the pigmentation of the shadows was so poor, even with UDPP. Well, I decided to give the palette another shot but this time using the base over UDPP - WOW! Such a huge difference. The colors were richer, more pigmented, and stayed on with no creasing. I have oily eyelids, so I was expecting this base to crease but thankfully, that did not happen.

My only complaint is the packaging. I can only fit my index or pinky finger in the jar, which is not cool. MAC's Paint Pots are similarly packaged but the mouth of the jar is wider and the product comes up to the top of the jar, making it easier for the user.

Other than that, I'm sold. I can see this lasting a long time but I'd definitely repurchase when the time comes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I was surprised to read all the negative reviews about this product. I bought it on a whim a few months ago, because it was cheap and I wanted to try it out. Since then I've used it probably every day and I'm pretty happy with it. Sometimes it will crease, yes, but it's nothing that can't be easily touched up. I suppose with oiler eyelids this could be a problem though. For someone like me, though, whose eyelids aren't too oily, I think it's a very decent eye primer. Holds my eyeshadow and winged liner on all day. A big problem for me before I started to use eye primers was my eyeliner imprinting(?)/smudging onto the top of my eyelid, and with this product this NEVER happens.

Overall I'm very happy with this product for the price. It is slightly annoying when my nails are longer to get the product out of the container, but I usually keep my nails shortish so it doesn't bother me too much. I'd buy it again.

I got this because I didn't want to party the price of a paintpot. This base is the perfect color for my eyelids. It hides the discoloration and veins on my lids. Unfortunately it creases with out a primer. So I don't have to purchase this to cover imperfections...a concealer would do the same thing

This is a decent product. Not my favorite base/primer ever, but it does the job. My eye shadows don't wear off and it makes them more intense. The only problem is that the color is too dark for me, and if you have dark skin it won't work either because it doesn't blend very well. And if you have long nails, use a concealer blush to apply it because you won't be able to stick your finger in the pot without getting the base all over your nail.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

not a big fan, it sets into my creases and makes them worse. it's also too dark for my really pale skin and makes it look like i have yellow eyelids. i might try this in white but definitely not again in skin tone!

One day while in Ulta i ran across this base and was curious of how well it would work, so I bought it! The next day I tried it, I didn't use a primer underneath, I do tend to have oily lids sometimes and I did notice some fading but it didn't really bother me, though if you do have oily skin then I would definitely wear a primer under this, it will help! I wear this over a primer like E.L.F. And it lasts all day, no fading! I also love the packaging, I have a thing for jar packagings with twist off lids like MAC paint pots packaging I love them both! I would say this is similar to MAC paintpots though I have oily lids MACs paintpots have never had problems with fading like NYX. I def recommend this to anyone though, just beware if you have oily skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Nice primer, goes on smoothly and has great staying power.

I LOVE NYX products as a whole; love their eyeshadow trios, lip products etc. But this one was just a waste of money. It didn't help with creasing at all, given that I have terribly oily lids. Surprisingly though, the ELF Mineral eyeshadow primer worked so much better (HG primer) for a fraction of the price of NYX's version. I won't ever buy this again, though now I just use it for my under eye sometimes where it's less oily for me.
Maybe it'll work for someone who's less oily but it's not creamy enough for someone with sensitive and or dry skin, since I find myself tugging my lids to spread out the product.

As someone who has used Urban Decay Primer Potion for years, this is just a waste of money. I usually love NYX products, but sadly this just doesn't live up to their other products. I've given it tons of shots, and it has done nothing but crease my eyeshadow in a matter of a couple hours. I've tried to find a different way to use this product, I've even tried it as a concealer, but with such fair skin it just made me look orange. All I have to say is, if you're looking for a cheap alternative to some sort of primer, you're better off either using creme eyeshadow, or saving up for the real deal.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I actually like this product. It works for me but it does crease but it creases in style lol. My eyeshadow stays bright even creased. the pot is cute ... ( read my other reviews this a big deal for me ) but... its not practical. I wear acrylic nails and its getting harder and harder to get the right amount out ( I prefer my fingers on my eyelids to a brush ) without butchering the product. Unfortunately I wont be buying this again, but it will stay in my very large make up cabinet for looks and backup when friends are over/ getting dressed at my place.