December 22, 2014 | 1014 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Norajimjom

This product has me hooked. I normally switch hair product a lot since they never really work as promise but this thing works. It doesn't just work, it works really really well. my hair colour looks great, my hair is in its tip-top condition despite the fact that I frequently dye and blow-dry my hair. Never gonna even touch those hair masks ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really nothing to add to the previously glowing reviews. This stuff is amazing. It will make your hair fantastic. If your hair is dry and damaged it will take it back to fantastic. If it wasn't damaged before it will make it more amazing. It's hard to find. I gotta go to a Space NK @ Bloomingdales, but it's worth the hunt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In all of my many years on this planet, I have never used a hair product that worked as incredibly as this product does. I have long, thick wavy blond hair, that is always dry and parched. I only need to wash my hair a couple times a week, as it never gets oily. I have only used the Elasticizer twice, and I just can't get over how amazingly soft and awesome my hair looks. My DH, who has fine hair, is also using it and loving it. I wet my hair, put this product on. I put a shower cap on and leave it in for a few hours. I like to sit in the sun with it for a few minutes to get my hair nice and warm. I love it so much that I just ordered the 1000 ml tub of it. I refuse to be without it.
I was thinking about getting a Keratin treatment this summer, but now I feel like I don't need to do anything. I am so happy with how my hair looks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good deep treatment if you are looking for moisture and to strengthen your hair overtime. I bought this on the Philip Kingsley website and ordered the 500ml size and it took about a week for the product to arrive. This product is not sold in salons in the U.S.A. and is a UK based company; however, they do have a U.S. store on their website (www.philipkingsley.com). It came really nicely packaged and they tape the product down with tamper-proof tape so it doesn't leak anywhere during shipment. The 500 ml size has a pump on the tub, but I don't use the pump, I just like dipping my fingers in to get the exact amount that I want.
The effects of this deep treatment is instant and really shows improvement to your hair on just the first use and has worked very well since I've been doing this treatment once a week. It's a weekly pre-shampoo treatment. I clarify my hair first with a natural clarifier (so that it penetrates the hair better without having to fight other products previously applied), apply this all over my hair and I leave this in for four hours before I jump in the shower. I shampoo with an organic or natural shampoo (which removes the elasticizer very nicely from my scalp without leaving any kind of greasy feeling or build-up type feeling. Then I follow up with a natural or organic conditioner and leave that on for about 20 minutes. I probably don't need any kind of leave in conditioner but I use it anyway for that extra shot of moisture since I have naturally curly hair.
This leaves my hair VERY soft, shiny (natural healthy shine) and moisturized. You can definitely feel the moisture when you rinse this out in the shower. I didn't have to comb my hair out after shampoo & conditioner because this detangled my hair so well! Some people say that you don't notice the effect after using it for a few times but does improve your hair over a period of time...well, I notice the great effect that it has EVERY time that I use this, so I have no complaints whatsoever on this product.
You can feel this wearing off after about a week, which is why this is only a weekly deep treatment. You don't need to use this anymore than once a week because it will not do anything extra special to your hair if used more than once a week; so it'll actually be a waste of product and your money because this is not a cheap product at all.
If you want that extra surge of moisture in your hair, then definitely give this a chance, you might not regret it at all!...I didn't! :D

UPDATE: This is still my HG deep treatment, but I've found that it works just as well with only leaving it in for an hour compared to leaving in for four hours...so I'm glad I found a bit of a time saver. Also, I've been using this for a couple of months each week and I BARELY put a dent in it. The 500ml tub will definitely last a long long freaking time. When I buy this again, I'll probably buy a smaller tub since it lasts soo long.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by BellamyBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having been obsessed with deep conditioners since I was 16, I can safely say that this one is the best.* It gives the best immediate results, and truly improves the condition of your hair with regular use.

My hair: natural blonde with some grown-out highlights; bra-strap length; thicker on top and finer at the ends because of hair loss some years ago; it's fine hair in a large quantity, so it looks fairly thick but is easily weighed down by too much conditioner. I don't heat style at all but I have naturally dry ends.

^ I don't think any of this matters much, because Elasticizer is one of those products that really works wonders for many different hair types. But specifically if you have fine hair, the fact that this gets washed out means it *will not* weigh down your hair like other conditioners can.

Philip Kingsley says you can put this in and rinse it straight out if you like, or leave it 20 minutes for damaged hair. Well, don't rinse it straight out. I give it at least 20 minutes and when I have rinsed it out sooner, it doesn't have the noticeable effect I'm going for. This stuff is expensive, so you'll want to use it properly and reap the benefits. I do cover my hair with a plastic cap but you don't need to...I just find it keeps things tidy.

As promised, this really does give a surge of moisture to your hair, not just coating the outside with slippery goo but actually replenishing it inside. It's hard to describe how I know it's doing this...I can just tell. Adds bounce, elasticity (of course!), strength and shine. I don't know if I believe the claim of UV protection even after washing...but its other claims have all proved true, so perhaps. This product is so unique that reviewing it is difficult. You just must try it for yourself. If you can get your hands on those sample sachets, grab and run.

I gave this a "4" for packaging quality, but I am referring to the bumper sized (500ml) version with a pump. It's fabulous. The smaller tub is nothing to write home about...I hate opening tubs in the shower and worrying that water will get in and spoil the product. Anyhow, it's what's inside that counts.

* Unless it's protein you're after. If that's the case - shout out for Fekkai Protein Rx mask.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

had the AWESOMEST hair day today!!! what i did was generously apply this product evenly on my hair & used the cap that came with it overnight...in the am, i shampooed with a sulfate free 'poo and a cone free 'dish....while my hair was damp...i used my la brasiliana dieci leave in.....after i was done with the heat styling...wow...my hair looked like how it was prior to when it was butchered (7 months ago)...sooooo impressed!!!!!! this product def had something to do with it :-D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

Even though I have fine hair, this did not weight it down, which was pretty amazing for me. Not only that, but it was so soft and detangled that I didn't even need to use conditioner after washing my hair. This seems to help somewhat with the aswell, brilliant product and a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by cdowning410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. After reading the raves for this on the hair board, I had to try it out on my dry, color treated mid length hair. My hair LOVES this stuff. I wasn't sure if it would be as effective as a regular deep conditioner since this was my first time using a pre shampoo treatment. I left this on for 25 minutes and blasted it with the blowdryer a few times for some heat. It left my hair unbelievably silky, soft, and bouncy. I followed it with my normal L'Anza Healing Moisture shampoo and Terax Crema conditioner. Usually I use the Kevin Murphy Luxury Leave In as well, but had no need for the product after using this. Will definitely continue to use, only drawback is the price. However I did not need to use a lot of the product and I think it is definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by rabagast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

well, this certainly works!

it's one of those products i've seen mentioned a million times but never got around to try as it's not sold here and can it be that good even if everybody raves about it anyway?

i should probably use it more than once before reviewing it, but damn, the effect is amazing! my hair is mixed texture, totally unruly and all over the place. to make matters worse, my skin is ridiculously sensitive all over, including scalp, and the number of products i can use without having some bad reaction is very limited.

now i only left this in hair for a moment and shampooed right after, so exposure time for my scalp was minimal anyway, but no reaction.

only relults, and what glorious results! :-)

my hair is happy, shiny, bouncy, smooth and manageable, takes less styling product to make it behave. no negative impact on volume and it doesn't seem to make my hair greasier/dirtier faster either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Welshcake

OH. MY. GOD. I ADORE this stuff!! I only bought the sample size to try- and clicked on Add to Cart for the 1l tub quicker than I could log in! I wet my hair towel dried it and massaged this in all over. I left it on for 30 minutes. I then shampooed and conditioned as normal (It was normally my day to use the masquintense too- but I never bothered), and I nearly did cartwheels around my room after I had styled it. I blowdried my hair, then straightened it, and WOW!!!!! My hair is seriously gross naturally and it is like a frizz bomb and without my Kerastase products, I am like a lost soul. This is defo on my HG list now. My hair is bouncier than a bouncy ball, it actually feels a bit stronger- so imagine using it all the time!!!! If you are thinking of buying this- don't think!! CLICK ADD TO CART!!! Yippeee!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No