Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

4.4

Aqua (Water), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Olea Europaea (Olive) Husk Oil, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

on 8/2/2010 10:22:00 AM

I bought a litre of this from QVC (which has been out of stock for some time) and that made it quite affordable. I figured I could simply send back under 30 day guarantee if I didn't like. It took me a couple of times to get to grips with - I have fine hair and I think I was putting too much on for too long the first couple of times I did it. Reading a few reviews by other users I now only use a pump / pump and a half (unless it's been a couple of weeks between uses) and leave on for about 10 minutes - as I said fine hair, and I am good about using conditioners etc regularly so I don't think my hair is as stressed out as a lot of people's. I've recommended (and decanted) some for friends who also like it - it just makes my hair feel so lovely and soft, and minimises damage from daily straightening, allowing me to grow my hair out much quicker.

on 7/15/2010 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OMG!!! After the birth of my 2nd son my hair took a turn for the worst! No matter what I did, it was a bird's nest! I didn't use hot tools, washed my hair only 3 times a week, etc, etc.

Thank goodness for a MUAer who suggested this miracle treatment.

I ordered it on eBay and have only done one treatment and my hair looks fabulous!!!! It's not tangled and I can run my hair through it again! Yipeee!

I will continue buying this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair is still in utter amazement. Check out this full page of five star reviews, and realize this is a real winner. I am just blown away by this product, and have tried so many hair masks (that, although added moisture, didn't do amazing things for my hair). I still had my minor fly-aways, and volume was usually shot if moisture was present. Started trying Joi-co's protein hair reconstructor to be disappointed that it had MINERAL OIL in it, and almost gave up on giving my already healthy head of hair a boost. So glad I didn't. I was lucky and scored this for $32 on ebay. My sympathy goes out to the person who rid themselves of this glorious gem.

Generally, you can purchase it off ebay for $40 with free shipping to anywhere in the US.
it doesn't retail in the United States (no surprise there) or strawberrynet

How it works for most people on MUA and me: Rinse your hair, wring out the water, apply this everywhere on hair (not generously, but not light), put in the cap (you will need to buy another reuseable cap or towel because this one lasts for only one treatment), leave it on for an hour +, shampoo and condition hair like normal. THIS WORKS! great hair days from here on out.

Ingredients are as follows: Aqua (water), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Trideceth-12, Diazolidinyl Urea, PPG-1
Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silicone Quaternium-18, Trideceth-6.

While not purely amazing by science, somehow this just comes together. It has a few parabans and a few silicones, but nothing organic has made my hair so beautiful and healthy-looking from the inside out yet.
A definite repurchase.

on 6/17/2010 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW. This stuff is OUTSTANDING. Considering the price, I didn't even WANT to like this product...in fact, I was praying I'd find it totally over-hyped & over-rated. Unfortunately, Elasticizer absolutely lives up to its billing & then some...j'adore!!

Just to provide you with some background, my hair is damaged beyond belief. I seem to have a lot of it but it's very fine & is constantly breaking because I highlight it and, perhaps more importantly, it takes an absolute THRASHING from my flat iron (it's naturally curly, although "lumpy" would probably be a more accurate superlative...suffice to say the texture is NOT attractive & the frizz adds insult to injury).

I've bought super high-end products before that I thought would perform miracles since I'd paid a lot of money for them & been disappointed (ahem, Kerastase Masqueintense, I'm talkin' about YOU!) so, again, I set the bar HIGH, expecting to be disappointed. BOY, was I wrong.

I don't know what miracle ingredient they put in this stuff but I will say one thing: this stuff *PERFORMS*. Anyway, I used it for the first time tonight & already I am blown away - it does what I was SURE that NO product could do: my hair is shiny - SHINY! - for the first time since FOURTH GRADE. It was an absolute DREAM to blow dry and has absolutely TRANSFORMED my hair, & not in that sticky-coated-split-ends-glued-together-greasy-tomorrow way, either...my hair feels light, silky, clean, & absolutely like pure, virgin hair again. I am absolutely in L-O-V-E with this product & can't wait to see my hair continue to improve with further use.

on 6/13/2010 3:10:00 PM

This product has me hooked. I normally switch hair product a lot since they never really work as promise but this thing works. It doesn't just work, it works really really well. my hair colour looks great, my hair is in its tip-top condition despite the fact that I frequently dye and blow-dry my hair. Never gonna even touch those hair masks ever again.

on 6/5/2010 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Really nothing to add to the previously glowing reviews. This stuff is amazing. It will make your hair fantastic. If your hair is dry and damaged it will take it back to fantastic. If it wasn't damaged before it will make it more amazing. It's hard to find. I gotta go to a Space NK @ Bloomingdales, but it's worth the hunt.

on 6/4/2010 10:50:00 AM

In all of my many years on this planet, I have never used a hair product that worked as incredibly as this product does. I have long, thick wavy blond hair, that is always dry and parched. I only need to wash my hair a couple times a week, as it never gets oily. I have only used the Elasticizer twice, and I just can't get over how amazingly soft and awesome my hair looks. My DH, who has fine hair, is also using it and loving it. I wet my hair, put this product on. I put a shower cap on and leave it in for a few hours. I like to sit in the sun with it for a few minutes to get my hair nice and warm. I love it so much that I just ordered the 1000 ml tub of it. I refuse to be without it.
I was thinking about getting a Keratin treatment this summer, but now I feel like I don't need to do anything. I am so happy with how my hair looks.

on 5/23/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a very good deep treatment if you are looking for moisture and to strengthen your hair overtime. I bought this on the Philip Kingsley website and ordered the 500ml size and it took about a week for the product to arrive. This product is not sold in salons in the U.S.A. and is a UK based company; however, they do have a U.S. store on their website (www.philipkingsley.com). It came really nicely packaged and they tape the product down with tamper-proof tape so it doesn't leak anywhere during shipment. The 500 ml size has a pump on the tub, but I don't use the pump, I just like dipping my fingers in to get the exact amount that I want.
The effects of this deep treatment is instant and really shows improvement to your hair on just the first use and has worked very well since I've been doing this treatment once a week. It's a weekly pre-shampoo treatment. I clarify my hair first with a natural clarifier (so that it penetrates the hair better without having to fight other products previously applied), apply this all over my hair and I leave this in for four hours before I jump in the shower. I shampoo with an organic or natural shampoo (which removes the elasticizer very nicely from my scalp without leaving any kind of greasy feeling or build-up type feeling. Then I follow up with a natural or organic conditioner and leave that on for about 20 minutes. I probably don't need any kind of leave in conditioner but I use it anyway for that extra shot of moisture since I have naturally curly hair.
This leaves my hair VERY soft, shiny (natural healthy shine) and moisturized. You can definitely feel the moisture when you rinse this out in the shower. I didn't have to comb my hair out after shampoo & conditioner because this detangled my hair so well! Some people say that you don't notice the effect after using it for a few times but does improve your hair over a period of time...well, I notice the great effect that it has EVERY time that I use this, so I have no complaints whatsoever on this product.
You can feel this wearing off after about a week, which is why this is only a weekly deep treatment. You don't need to use this anymore than once a week because it will not do anything extra special to your hair if used more than once a week; so it'll actually be a waste of product and your money because this is not a cheap product at all.
If you want that extra surge of moisture in your hair, then definitely give this a chance, you might not regret it at all!...I didn't! :D

UPDATE: This is still my HG deep treatment, but I've found that it works just as well with only leaving it in for an hour compared to leaving in for four hours...so I'm glad I found a bit of a time saver. Also, I've been using this for a couple of months each week and I BARELY put a dent in it. The 500ml tub will definitely last a long long freaking time. When I buy this again, I'll probably buy a smaller tub since it lasts soo long.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

had the AWESOMEST hair day today!!! what i did was generously apply this product evenly on my hair & used the cap that came with it overnight...in the am, i shampooed with a sulfate free 'poo and a cone free 'dish....while my hair was damp...i used my la brasiliana dieci leave in.....after i was done with the heat styling...wow...my hair looked like how it was prior to when it was butchered (7 months ago)...sooooo impressed!!!!!! this product def had something to do with it :-D

on 3/1/2010 2:36:00 PM

Even though I have fine hair, this did not weight it down, which was pretty amazing for me. Not only that, but it was so soft and detangled that I didn't even need to use conditioner after washing my hair. This seems to help somewhat with the aswell, brilliant product and a definite repurchase.

Top Rated Philip Kingsley Products