TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin colour is NC25 and I find this to be a beautiful and subtle illuminator :) It lasts a long time because all you need is a light dusting and it stays all day! The golden undertone might not be fitting with those who have olive or pinkish toned skin, but for neutral, beige, or yellow undertoned skin it should work very nicely! Just remember to blend it out and don't dig your brush into the powder or else you'll look like a discoball!!

This is a wonderful highlighter. I only use it when I want a really, really bright highlighted look. This could be used on a lot of different skin tones. I am personally very light skinned and this looks great!

Bought this product around a year ago and have just hit pan on it with using it everyday and I could not speak more highly of it I apply it with a blush brush just above my contour for an everyday look and then use a beauty blender or damp sponge to apply it for a more dramatic night or event look !

The formula is finely milled and dosnt have glitter falling everywhere like others

Love this highlight !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This highlighter is beautiful. I also own and love Becca Moonstone, which is what I compare this to.

Pros:
Beautiful warm tone gold/champagne color, very very pigmented
They are not cheap with the product, 8.5gm in a pan, just a DAB of your brush will go far
Shimmery and radiant without being glittery
silky soft texture
For the price, it is a more affordable "dupe" of Becca Moonstone
Cute packaging with a mirror

Cons:
expensive, its not a drugstore price. I paid $24 for mine. However, it is affordable compared to Becca Moonstone, as I paid $38 for that one.
Not a natural highlight, it is certainly noticeable so this could be a con to some

All in all, its gorgeous, but it is slightly more gold than my Becca Moonstone, so I returned it. However, I still give it 5 stars because it is a wonderful product for those with a skin tone warmer than mine. It didn't even look bad on me, but I just liked how the Becca looked more. This is the only reason I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, Mary Lou... I don't even know where to start with this product because I love it SO MUCH. Disclaimer: this product is a shimmer bomb (but not glitter). If you worry about accentuating your pores and/or prefer natural highlights, then you might just want to reconsider before you pick up Mary Loumanizer. This stuff is seriously POTENT. The texture is so silky smooth, buttery and just a complete joy to swatch and play with. The colour is a pale gold with a frosty finish. My skin is NC20 at the moment and this product is just perfect for me, but my friend who is NC30-35 loves this just as much. Its pigmentation is just as good as any UD eyeshadow and keep in mind that this is a face product too, so this highlighter means serious business. It is so pigmented that I can use it as an inner corner highlight. My favourite method to apply this is to use my Hakuhodo B5521 (or just any small-ish tapered brush really) brush and just DIP, don't swirl, in the pan and apply it to my cheekbones, nose, chin and just a touch on my forehead. For my cupids bow I use my ring finger to apply. This makes my face look really bright and radiant, even my boyfriend and store clerks comment on my beautiful makeup. :) But yes, it is obvious that I am wearing highlighter and not just glowing from my skin/foundation. If you want a natural finish you're better off with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (liquid version). Those two are very close in colour but the Becca liquid is seamlessly natural.

Uh... Ok. This is a tricky one. For reference, I'm MAC's Nc25.
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this product and I don't know if I will ever be.
First of all, the packaging is so cute that it makes you want to buy it immediately lol! (even though it feels a bit fragile to me). It comes with a load of product, so you do get a load for your buck.
As for pigmentation, it is INSANE. I'm not joking. You need to have very light hands with this one or it just looks unflattering and ugly. Make sure to always tap the excess off the brush and start slow. That can be a good thing to many, but I think it should be a little less intense.
The shade is a light golden. Unfortunately, I think I'm not dark enough to wear this. It is possible to be used, of course, and you'll see lots of beautiful pictures on Google of pale girls wearing this. But, in real life, it looks rather obvious that there's something there (at least on me it does). I wish it was a tad paler. It's not the kind of highlighter I can use without some other color on my cheeks, because it can look like a slight golden stripe in some lightings.
Another thing that adds to the fakeness is the texture. It's not the best texture in the world to work with. While it is quite soft to the touch, I find that it looks dreadful when my cheeks are drier, as if it simply didn't blend it. It just looks like loose specks of glitter everywhere. So damn ugly. That's why I have to keep my cheeks moisturised before using this (which is hard, because I always overpowder my undereyes and consequently the cheekbone area) and I always make sure to blend it with a wet beauty-blender-like sponge to make it look more dewy and seamless. Face sprays also help a lot. It's the kind of stuff that looks good after a few hours, once it's blended a bit with my natural oils.
The glitters are also a complaint I have: I don't see anyone talk about this, but it has non-golden shimmer in it. You know, like blue and pink that's usually found in kid's makeup? It looks cheap. No shimmers, golden or not, are visible when my cheeks are moisturised, but if they're dry it's very evident.
It lasts ok on my skin, but nothing ever lasts long on me, so I don't really know what to say about that.
You need a very specific brush to apply this - trust me. I use the Real Technique's Setting Brush because it doesn't pick up too much product.
Honestly, I think this is indeed a good product but very very overrated. It's just not all that. I'm 100% positive there are much better options out there in terms of formula. But, nonetheless, I don't regret buying it! I just wish they would make a smaller size with half the amount, because it will most certainly expire before I make a dent on it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So everybody and they're momma has one of these and for good reason. It is intensely pigmented and can suit many skin tones. The glow you get from this is gorgeous, out of this world j-lo! Its a little easy to overdue though so be light handed with your brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't think there's much to add about this product that hasn't already been said, so I'll keep this short. First of all, I thought I was set up for a disappointment because of how raved about this product is. After hearing not only beauty gurus and makeup enthusiasts but also friends praise it I caved and ordered it. And I am so, so glad that I did. I'm literally looking forward to putting this on in the morning, it looks so nice. A warm shimmer that makes you look fresh-faced and glowing. It seems like it'll last me a really long time as well. The fact that I'm a sucker for the retro design that brands like thebalm and soap & glory goes for makes this product even better. A must have on your makeup shelves - it'll look good on there as well as on your face!

have been using Mary-Lou Manizer for more than 5 years. My first was a smaller pan that came in a sampling pallet from TheBalm. I used the entire powder and since have repurchased twice. I love highlighter and have used a lot but this is still my #1 (although it isn't without fault).

PROS/CONS:
- The powder itself is a bright white gold colour and is soft in texture; therefore, I find I have to use a fluffy brush and watch that I don't pick up too much or it's just BAM on the skin! If applied correctly, at least on my skin tone, it illuminates in the most beautiful and natural way. The soft texture can also be a con because I find it breaks. The packaging, the soft texture and the large pan size all together are a disastrous. I have had to return a powder because it smashed between being bagged and walking to the car. The glue on the pan has also has led to the pan falling out (mysteriously that fall it lasted). Good note, the pan will stick in a z pallet.

TBH, TheBalm powders are super soft but I find they are my only powders that are shattering and breaking apart. I love it but I also hate it. I don't travel with full sized powders from this brand which unfortunately means they don't get a lot of use anymore. Although the brand has great sized products of amazing quality for a good price, I have only been able to use up the travel sized versions of the products.

This is a gorgeous highlight! Gives the skin a beautiful glow. A little pricey, but definitely one of those products that's worth it!
I was using Mac's msf in soft and gentle, which I still love, but this is definitely my new fave.

Top Rated TheBalm Products