December 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by beccaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG status product for me. Gives an airbrush effect when used with the e.l.f. flat top powder brush, absorbs T-zone oil, and most importantly for women-of-a-certain age doesn't cake up in/emphasize smile lines or eye lines! I apply after foundation has set for a few minutes, buffing it in with very minimal pressure. Prior to trying this I had given up on powders in general because they look absolutely terrible on women with any wrinkles. This is colorless, so even if it did sink into wrinkles it is likely to look less horrible than a colored powder lol. When I use this and e.l.f. mist and set spray my makeup looks good even through a 12 hour work shift- with blotting papers on T-zone once or twice of course. It's dirt cheap, and the packaging is not bad at all for a loose powder-slightly bulky but very sturdy twist off top container. I leave the puff that comes with it in the container so if it gets jostled or dropped the sifter holes are covered-prevents a cloud of powder when opened for next use. If I could I would buy a truckload to make sure I never run out of this!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say this stuff really surprised me. I picked it up on a lark for three bucks and would have been delighted with it if I had paid $50.

I bought it in shimmer, which has a slight beige tint to it, but it goes on really sheer. It makes my skin look luminous and smooth, and really corrects for fine lines and color irregularities in my skin tone.

It also works superbly to set under eye concealer, keeping it from creasing without making my skin look dried out like matte powders will. Lasts a really long time. Helps conceal my rosacea without taking the life out of my skin.

Negatives: none that I can think of. Great product for a great price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by hlillico

The product itself is pretty good. Cuts down shine, don't need too much of it. I apply it with the powder brush from E.L.F. and that goes on smoothly. It evens out my pores and I find, and just kind of blends everything.
The packaging is an issue though to try and get just a slight amount out, and the container is about 3 X as big as it needs to be.
Can't beat the price though :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to get this powder in Shimmer. Was looking forward to try it because of the great reviews online. Unfortunately for me, this powder is not working for me. I look like a geisha with this sucker on!! Either that, or i look like edward from twilight, all sparkly under the sun. Its too horrible even if i minimize the powder. On top of it, it can get too messy. I would definitely NOT purchase this again!!! Super bad buy!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had hopes for this powder. after I read reviews from ladies with dry skin saying that this doesn't accentuate dry skin but this makes my skin look and feel horrible, patchy and dry, definitely not appropriate for dry skin

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

This product is ok. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it either. I love its silky texture, but it does leave a slight white cast. Also, be VERY careful with the packaging. I was getting product into the lid one day, and the entire top part fell off, and I lost almost all of the product.. So disappointed! I recommend taking it off before using, and just lightly tapping a brush in the product to use it. I don't know if I'd buy again because I prefer the Palladio loose powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great powder, makes pores appear smaller..try their Kabuki brush swirl in powder, tap excess powder the swirl brush all over face in circular motions, you'll see your skin looking flawlessly in seconds...start off with just a lil powder to blend in then use more if you like, lil by lil..:)...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I really like this powder especially because it helps with the wear of my foundation. I put it in just before mascara after I've done everything else. I do also wear a pressed powder the color of my skin and don't just rely on this to help. I make sure to buff out the product really well so that there is no white residue left over and I don't look like a ghost. With that said, the packaging idly the best and the first time I opened this I had an explosion of white powder. Definitely err on the side of caution when opening and using.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review of this powder on my blog - check it out:

I did break-out after using this product but whether it was this product to cause my break-out I am still not sure.
Does do what it says it does, masking fine lines and giving a radiant complexion. Not keen on packaging - too bulky!
x

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I wanted to love this product; I really, really did.

It has a nice, smooth texture--so smooth, in fact, that when I got a little product on the outside of the container, it slipped out of my hands and onto the floor and spilled out most of the powder. So be careful when handling. :)

The container itself is rather bulky. It could have been designed much better, more like a standard round container instead of squared off corners.

I like that this product worked well at hiding my pores and kept my T-zone reasonably in check.

The puff it comes with is great! I toss it in the washer in a lingerie bag with my light-colors/whites and it holds up well. I've had a couple of these for months and see no sign of wear and tear, despite the number of times they've been through a wash cycle.

Unfortunately, this powder made me break out, so I had to discontinue using it. The list of ingredients says it may contain mica. I think my skin might have a problem with mica.