October 20, 2014 | 897 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great powder, makes pores appear smaller..try their Kabuki brush swirl in powder, tap excess powder the swirl brush all over face in circular motions, you'll see your skin looking flawlessly in seconds...start off with just a lil powder to blend in then use more if you like, lil by lil..:)...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I really like this powder especially because it helps with the wear of my foundation. I put it in just before mascara after I've done everything else. I do also wear a pressed powder the color of my skin and don't just rely on this to help. I make sure to buff out the product really well so that there is no white residue left over and I don't look like a ghost. With that said, the packaging idly the best and the first time I opened this I had an explosion of white powder. Definitely err on the side of caution when opening and using.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review of this powder on my blog - check it out:

I did break-out after using this product but whether it was this product to cause my break-out I am still not sure.
Does do what it says it does, masking fine lines and giving a radiant complexion. Not keen on packaging - too bulky!
x

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I wanted to love this product; I really, really did.

It has a nice, smooth texture--so smooth, in fact, that when I got a little product on the outside of the container, it slipped out of my hands and onto the floor and spilled out most of the powder. So be careful when handling. :)

The container itself is rather bulky. It could have been designed much better, more like a standard round container instead of squared off corners.

I like that this product worked well at hiding my pores and kept my T-zone reasonably in check.

The puff it comes with is great! I toss it in the washer in a lingerie bag with my light-colors/whites and it holds up well. I've had a couple of these for months and see no sign of wear and tear, despite the number of times they've been through a wash cycle.

Unfortunately, this powder made me break out, so I had to discontinue using it. The list of ingredients says it may contain mica. I think my skin might have a problem with mica.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by diana444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is perfect to reduce the look of your foundation especially if orange and it gives you the porcelain look. Simply love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

The container is HUGE, you'll never run out.
It is messy, but when I opened it for the first time, I only peeled off the sticky sheet to reveal two holes in the sifter. I then cut the peeled back part with scissors. I do this for all my loose powders.
It does a nice job of mattifying my skin with very little product.
This didn't keep my makeup in place very well unfortunately.
I broke out considerably after using this product;
I tested it three times afterward, and I broke out every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I've used this product for a while now along with the yellow tinted powder for hiding redness and I have been really pleased with the results. You have to work easy on the application of these powders or you will: A: end up looking like a ghost or B: Look like your in liver failure.
I have a goat hair large stiple brush that I use when I apply this at home I tap and blow before I apply and it does a perfect job defusing the powder so it still does it's job but keeps me from over applying product.

The packaging is bulky and not good for travel. I found a travel brush that holds product in a tube on ebay and use that with this product. Again I blow excess away before applying and havent had an issue with getting a ghostly look. It seals all your makeup down and gives it the airbrushed look.

The consistancy on this is silky and right up there with the higher priced HG consealers. You have to go easy on the product or you are going to have issues with the pasty look.
I know that alot would argue this isn't like Hourglass or LM's products but for everyday or those on a budget it does the job really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

This is the best solution for photos. I love this powder. It makes your skin look like silk and smooth. A little bit go a long way. Nothin more to say. oh, the packaging is extremely annoying. You cant travel w it, and if you accidentally drop it, which I did, it's nightmare (but when you decided to use LOOSE powder, IT'LL HAPPEN with any powder)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by azkellylynn

Ive been using this for about 8 months now. It can be a bit tricky to get the right amount on your face (as too much of it is very obvious). Applying it with a flat blush brush and patting it instead of rubbing seems to work best. I always brush any excess off with my big fan brush. Best trick I can suggest is finishing with the e.l.f. set spray. It always takes away any white that may stick around my hair follicles.

The only downside is the packaging. I wish it was more compact and less cumbersome.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by zarast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eeeek do not wear this if you plan on having photos taken of you. In flash photography, it looks like you have white baby powder all over your face! not a good look. Also the packaging is quite annoying as the powder goes everywhere