E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Amorphous. (ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS.) (RATED LOWEST TOXIC FACE POWDER ON EWG)

on 3/28/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this is basically a really good dupe for the MUF HD powder..it does exactly the same thing: makes face look flawlessly matte! Its translucent so its great for any skin color! If you are skeptical, just try it out..it's sold at Target for $6, if you don't like it, just return it :)

on 3/27/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I so happened to run across this product while at Target and was like, NO! REALLY?! So I decided to pick it up, not much of a gamble for 6 dollars.

Let me tell you, this is some pretty amazing stuff. It is so smooth to the toucch and gives ur make up a nice finish. Usually I wear some sort of primer, or just my cocoa butter swivel stick as primer, then I use timted moisturizer, usually E.L.F Studio Tinted Moisturizer, then finish it off with this powder and all I can say is wow!

Aside from the packaging, I have no other complaints about it. I just empty it into another sifter jar

on 3/25/2014 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I only apply this to the inner cheeks (next to nose) as I got rather noticeable pores there but stopped using it as all over after finding it doesn't last long at all. Not bad, I only wish it wasn't expensive in Australia for a bulky product that seem to waste powder than store. Had to tape the holes down & pierced the tapes with a pin.

on 3/20/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love everything about this powder. Sets me beautifully and keeps me matte all day. SO affordable and I absolutely love the feel and look of the packaging. I will be re-buying and most likely stock this up :)

on 3/19/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, but it is really easy to go overboard. Putting on too much will leave your face looking ghostly. The packaging is bad because the holes where the powder comes out through are too big, and too much powder comes out at the same time, leaving a mess. To solve problem, i put tape over most of the holes, only leaving one hole open for the powder to come out; (i hope this did not confuse anyone, lol) this helped a ton. Overall this product is great (with a generous amount) , and i reccommend it to everyone.

on 3/19/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is NOT a setting powder. it is a silica powder used for finishing- it will not set & lock in your foundation so it should not be rated on its ability to do so. it is a finishing powder used for blurring imperfections on the skin as a last step in your makeup routine. this stuff is good at smoothing rough skin texture & blurring pores BUT do not use it if there is any chance of having your picture taken because silica creates major flashback in flash photography causing you to look ghostly white wherever the powder was applied.

on 3/17/2014 11:41:00 AM

I love the sheer one. Not a fan of the shimmer or yellow because it ends up looking cakey on my skin. The sheer one is great though. I go to this more then mac powders to set my makeup.

on 3/14/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried this years ago and I never really got into it.

However, I really started to use it a few months ago and I love it.
It works so well and really smooths out my face.

I will definitely be buying this again.

Be careful not to use too much of it though. It CAN give you a white cast.

on 3/12/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Just got my ELF order in today and immediately tried this. I was quite disappointed with the white cast it left on my skin. It just gave a.... strange look to my face. It is quite possible I used too much. I will probably try it again to see if I can make it work. As of now, I prefer the translucent mattifying pressed powder by ELF. Will update when I experiment with it more, but not a great first impression.

on 3/9/2014 11:35:00 AM

love this to death :) i have oily skin and this just makes my makeuplast a couple hours longer! <3 already have a back up

Video Reviews & Tutorials