July 29, 2014 | 999 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best solution for photos. I love this powder. It makes your skin look like silk and smooth. A little bit go a long way. Nothin more to say. oh, the packaging is extremely annoying. You cant travel w it, and if you accidentally drop it, which I did, it's nightmare (but when you decided to use LOOSE powder, IT'LL HAPPEN with any powder)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by azkellylynn

Ive been using this for about 8 months now. It can be a bit tricky to get the right amount on your face (as too much of it is very obvious). Applying it with a flat blush brush and patting it instead of rubbing seems to work best. I always brush any excess off with my big fan brush. Best trick I can suggest is finishing with the e.l.f. set spray. It always takes away any white that may stick around my hair follicles.

The only downside is the packaging. I wish it was more compact and less cumbersome.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by zarast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eeeek do not wear this if you plan on having photos taken of you. In flash photography, it looks like you have white baby powder all over your face! not a good look. Also the packaging is quite annoying as the powder goes everywhere

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by msdeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff does the same job as other more expensive brands...I'm pretty sure it's just a silicone product in powder form, not that hard to do. I use it to mattify my T-zone and the medial area of my cheeks--the part with the ugly huge pores. It does a great job of minimizing said pores, and taking away shine without looking powdery at all.

If people are getting a white cast from this powder, they are probably putting too much on. The way I apply it is to shake the container, with the powder puff in place, so that powder comes thru the holes and sticks to it. Then pat the puff around in the lid to get an even coating on it. Then *blot* not rub or buff onto the skin. That way you don't move around your underlying makeup.

Would not buy again only because I doubt I'll ever run out....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it cause it keeps me matte but kinda leaves a white tint a little bit

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

Pros: Gives a glow to your face. This 3525088187is because it's designed to work with high def cameras to bring out your face in photographs
It is inexpensive
It is easy to use sparingly

Cons: Could be a smaller packaging with a little more product. Should come with a kabuki type brush rather than a powder puff applicator.

I apply this lightly over my powder foundation.
I will definitely repurchase this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by BeSophiacated

I don't user this on clients or a day I knew I week be taking photos. Shows much to white in flash photography. Those the quality us great for the price! I reach this for everyday use. It's sits out on my makeup take since I reach for it almost daily. Leaves a great matte finish. I recommend using a big fluffy brush, not stuff at all. Tao a but of product into the lid, swirl the brush, tap of excess very well, then PAT onto face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My new fave loose setting powder. I had been reading about how great it was for a long time, but it wasn't sold in my city ...I luckily found it at Winners (Canada's TJ Maxx) a few months ago and grabbed it right away..I think it was only $6.99. I use pressed powder foundation, but I need a bit more oil absorbing in my t-zone...this works GREAT for that. I apply my foundation, let it sit while I do my other makeup and apply it 3rd to last (mascara and lip colour are last). I pat it on all over my face so it won't rub off my foundation. It gives a more polished look, softens my blush a bit and makes my skin look smoother. I wish it came with more product inside, I was surprised at how little powder there was....however...it's inexpensive. We recently got 2 Targets in my city and the one on my side of town doesn't have E.L.F products (I was pissed), I hope the other one does because I haven't seen it at Winners since I got mine. I'd also like to try the yellow toned one..I have a bit of redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic setting powder. Sets foundation without adding colour or caking. Really fine and translucent, matte finish, and you get plenty for the price. Included puff is ok, applies better with dual fibre brush.

There is one major problem though: the pot is huge, really bulky and clumsy, big screw top lid and wide mouth. Very easy to spill and if you get any on the soft, matte case it won't come off and looks really grubby. Totally unnecessary and it would be better in a much sleeker pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Supermerk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product and I'm shocked it ended up working so well considering the low price. It makes my skin look smooth and feel super super soft! I generally tend to pair it with another loose powder just because this doesn't really seem to be designed to control oil when you're being active or in a hot/humid environment, but the combination works really well for me and my skin stays looking nice for 8+ hours with blotting only VERY occasionally necessary after 6-7 hours.

Cons:
-Very messy due to how finely milled the powder is. I use a brush rather than the little puff that comes included and I usually try and put the powder on a flat compact mirror before putting it on my face, but it's really hard to get the proper amount without dumping it all over yourself.
-As other people have mentioned the powder is pure white. I didn't have any problems with a ghostly sheen or anything like that but I also have very light skin - I'm not sure if this product would work the same way for tanned/darker skinned ladies.

I also use this product with primer + foundation, so I'm not really sure how it would work using it alone. If you're looking for a powder that will help with lots of redness or acne coverage, this isn't going to be it, but otherwise I definitely recommend giving it a shot!