October 24, 2014 | 1338 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW! brilliant i loveeeee the mascara it is amazing! ive had so many expensive ones over the years, urban decay, lancome, mac, clinique and non come close to this! if u like ur lashes thick and full this is ideal takes a while to build up but once u have u wont be dissapointed and another great thing is it stays on ur lashes! no crumbling or flaking i truly love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by greengold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me 3 years to find this wonderful mascara! I tried just about everything, from Dior to Lancome, to Sephora's favorite mascara's, even Loreal Voluminous. I tried everything and I could never find a mascara that volumized, stayed on, didn't smudge, and didn't flake, and didn't clump ..... until now.

This is pretty much my Holy Grail product and I've stopped looking elsewhere. I'm not sure why people are having trouble with this, but maybe they aren't applying this properly? Or maybe they think 1 coat is enough?

As with all mascaras, wipe the excess on the rim of the tube so that the mascara doesn't clump when applied. Starting with the first eye, apply a light coat to the backs of your lashes, and then apply one coat as you normally would. Switch to your second eye and repeat the process. By now, the mascara has had about 30 seconds to dry on the first eye, so go back to the first eye and apply one more regular coat (NOT to the back of the lashes). Repeat on second eye. Voile! You're done!

I use 003 Extreme Black. It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, and it doesn't clump and give me tarantula eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Lucytigger

I love volumising mascaras but was let down by this - it was so thin - even with two coats you could hardly notice I was wearing any mascara. It does add length though so I'll give it credit for that. I have found it to be very good for my bottom lashes - it makes them look longer and the brush is a good size for applying there however for dramatic top lashes it's rubbish!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by robertmugabe

I love the packaging, but wish I could say as much for the product. When you get the brush out it has too much product on it, even when you wipe away the excess, it still makes the lashes look clumpy and horrendous. I had this on for about 20 minutes and even then it started to flake. By about 2 hours I had quite a few flakes on my cheek and the lashes weren't holding up at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sxchannel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love it its the best mascara i have ever used!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a confession to make - I am a massive mascara snob! Until earlier this year, I've never used or purchased a drug store mascara - I was weaned on Clinique and MAC, and I've never strayed much from this. BUT, mascara is the first beauty product to go, and I've long known that I should be more open to economical products. So, I've begun a quest to find my favourite drug store mascara.

The good news (at least for me!) is that this is a pretty decent product. I like the size and width of the brush, and haven't had any issues with some of the brush "yuckiness" some reviewers have described. I don't find that the product has clumped and, two months into using this tube, it still gives a smooth and silky application. I find that one sweep achieves a relatively voluminous yet natural look, while a second application achieves a more vampy, dramatic look. I always curl my eyelashes before mascara but, given that I'm lucky to have naturally curled eyelashes, I can't really speak to how well it holds a curl. For me, I find that it still looks nice at day's end. No smudging, MINOR flaking (a few tiny bits...nothing too enraging!). By the way, I am using the 003 Ultra Black.

I should stress that I'm painfully low maintenance when it comes to re-application throughout the day - basically, I just don't do it! Thankfully, I don't find that this needs re-application, anyway, unlike some of the other mascaras I've tried lately. I've been following a very basic routine with my eye makeup lately...a coat (or two) of this mascara, and MAC Teddy eyeliner on my top lids and waterline. I've been keeping it up because the look has been garnering lots of kind compliments - and it takes all of 60 second!

I'm likely to re-purchase this product, but will continue to search and compare.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Great volumizing mascara altho I could live w/o the horrible clumps. I got this in w/p (all my mascaras are w/p cuz I live in BC) and it smudged&smeared horribly! I had to run 2400m one day in the pouring rain (it was raining sheets!) and I raccon eyes. Medium length and lots of volume but it clumps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally like Rimmel products, especially the mascaras...but this one just sucks. Its so wet that its hard to build on...all you build is clumps rather than length or volume. I have average lashes and can usually get good results with just about anything but I was just not happy with this at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i don't generally use mascara, but this is a very good one from my experience. it adds just enough darkness to my lashes without being all goopy and sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by iHeartMakeup3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this mascara for a year now. I absolutely love this mascara! I use this every single day. It gives me volume and length. It does not flake or smear which is really important. This mascara is super good for the price. 4 stars because after a couple of months the brush does get old and ugly. But then again you're only supposed to use your masacara for 3 months and after that you need to dispose it.

I'm not gonna say this is my HG mascara. I am still looking for a good one that will really lengthen my lashes and will give me thick almost fake lashes that will not cost me a fortune. haha Would love recommendations from you gals =)