July 25, 2014 | 1914 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Ashliebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite nail polish color :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I LOVE this color! Such a cute color for spring. I have not found any issues with this nail polish. With two good coats, you've got a lovely opaque soft mint green color. My only issue with this is that the formula is a bit thick, so you've got to be quick and swift when applying it, or else it will partially dry and look clumpy and thick after a few seconds.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this color sitting around for about three years, and I remembered it being very streaky and hard to apply (might've been because I wasn't too great at polish), so I wore it maybe twice and put it away. I remember putting in a few drops of thinner about 5 months ago but forgot about it afterward.Fast forward to now, I saw a blogger wearing a minty color on her nails and it reminded me of this, so I decided to bring it out of hiding, and I loved it!!!! Yes, the first coat is streaky but a second coat is surprisingly all it takes to make everything nice and even. It's pretty shiny on its own, but topped with some seche vite it looks even more stunning. It's a great spring/summer color, and I know I'll be wearing it a lot this upcoming season! Lovelovelove.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by shaaaaaeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loooooooooove this colour it's a really pretty blue

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great pastel colour for olive skin, but seems like it would suit absolutely everybody - from the palest skintone to the darkest. The colour is a pastel-ly green with a hint of turquoise and it's perfect now the sun's starting to make an appearance. I think pastels are great for this time of year - Easter/Springtime.

The colour payoff is amazing and the polish itself is so thick and opaque that you only need two coats.

I'm knocking off a lippy because the staying power isn't the best (althought it's far from the worst)... it stays on for weeks on my toes, but chips easily on my fingernails - but this is much the same for most nail polishes.

Great colour, really accentuates your tan if you have one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great eye-striking fun color for the adventurous side. Fresh, hip, different. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaAmourr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this has to be my FAVORITE nail polish color EVER. I have brown skin and the color just pops on my skin tone. The consistency is great and it is mostly opaque but I still put 2 coats to ensure its opacity. I can wear it year round and people always ask me what color it is. This is the only nail polish I have bought multiple times. I will definitely stock up if it becomes discontinued. Also, I only get it for $4 instead of $8 at those Asian nail supply places that have EVERYTHING for way less than the regular retail price. Go buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by BabyMae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this color. i have been using it over and over for a couple weeks. im not sure if its my top coat but it seems to chip quite easily. it made my nails yellow which really made me mad but its easy to fix. i do love this polish, maybe i need a new top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I painted my nails with this colour tonight since its very Eastery in my opinion and the colour is absolutely gorgeous. I bought this after seeing Tracy from EleventhGorgeous wearing this colour in a video and decided to buy it. Essie is my favourite polish brand- i feel like they definitely have the pretties colours. This colour is identical to that of a robin egg so if you like that greeny colour you will like this. The only thing I don't like about this polish which I find to be kind of consistent with some Essie polishes is that it is a bit watery and therefore applies unevenly. It looks fine after 2 coats but you definitely cannot get away with one. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by maemary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My full review with images is here: http://saidinsilence.com/2013/03/14/essie-mint-candy-apple-review/

I LOVE this color. I think it's perfect for spring. It applies really thick, so you don't have to apply coat after coat after coat. 1-2 coats is sufficient. Love it. Chips like every other polish I've ever used. I work in retail, so the second I'm fishing for change, is the second I get a chip in my polish. Still, I love it, and the color is fab.