August 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I like this less than L'oreal Infallible. This lipstick goes on too thin, and creates an appearance of so called crack on the lips more than l'oreal. Has a good staying power, except for anything greasy that you might eat (french fries, pizza, etc). Nice color selection, not too expensive, but just does not look as good as infallible to me personally.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by babydoll67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually despise so called indellible lip colors but I love this one. The color stays nicely for about 8 hours and the balm is really nice and soothing. I have found that eating greasy foods, makes it come off a little faster. Also, exfoliating your lips at least twice a week, makes it go on smoother.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Glumbumble

First, let me say, I would only buy this product again if it was on sale. I bought this a few years ago (the blue version), and didn't like it. They went on sale recently and I decided to give it another shot because they supposedly improved the product.

They didn't.

The colours are nice, but they do not last for 16 hours. Okay, well maybe they do last for 16 hours, or at least, some of the colour might still be on your lips at the end of 16 hours if you can stand to leave it on that long.

It lasts for about one meal, so I think it lasts for me about 1 hour before it starts flaking and the colour actually starts disappearing starting from the center of the lips spreading out. It's not pretty. So I recommend carrying around a little tube of vaseline or baby oil in order to clean up and touch up if you want it to last for more than an hour.

The topcoat that comes with it is very waxy, although it does last for about 15 or so minutes before I feel like I have to apply it again.

I wish I could find a lipstick that can last for at least 6 hours without flaking or drying out. But Covergirl Outlast is definitely not one of those lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this everyday from 7th to 10th grade. It lasted forever. I never had to touch up on anything and I never worried about it wearing off. Overall, fabulous!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really into these types of "long wearing" type lip paints to begin with but a friend of mine gave me her unused, unopened package of CG Outlast in the color called "Canyon" so I tried it out. Oh my, all I can say is this is the absolute WORST product ever to grace my lips. While the color itself was quite pretty (it was a muted, neutral red), the formula left a lot to be desired. You are supposed to put the lip color on, let it dry and once dry apply the conditioning stick (mine came with the opaque white, greasy stick) on top of the lip color to add moisture. Well, I did all that and followed the instructions to the T yet it dried my lips out even though I kept swiping it with the moisture stick like every 5 mins. BTW, that moisture stick didn't do squat to alleviate that icky feeling at all. Even though my lips were exfoliated prior to using this, it didn't help matters any. So...the poor performance I experienced had absolutely nothing to do with whether one's lips were exfoliated or not...as another reviewer had alluded to. The pigment itself did last pretty long, I'll give it that but not the "all day" it claims. It lasted about 7 hrs on me. But here's the kicker....when it did finally wear off it wasn't pretty at all. Instead of gradually fading, it flaked off in little patches all over my lips. An awful look to say the least. I'm glad I didn't buy this on my own because it would've been a complete waste of money. I realize some people love this or a similar product but it's definitely not for me....to each their own I guess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Inexpensive.

CONS: Very, very drying on the lips.

ALTERNATES: HE (high end) alternates are Estee Lauder Double Wear & DS (drugstore) alternate, which is great, is Revlon Colorstay Soft and Smooth lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip color is truely 12 hour. I apply it before I go to work. I work 12-1/2 hours and the color is STILL fresh!
There is a trick to applying it though. I find that I have to let it dry for 5 minutes before I apply the gloss over it. If I don't let it sit this long, it tends to bleed when I apply the gloss.
And you do have to re-apply the over-gloss after eating and every 2-3 hours. But that's normal. The base color just stays so remarkably fresh and distinct.
My daughter turned me on to this lipstick. She's tried a sample on her arm and couldn't remove it later, even with alcohol pads...LOL.
If you're quite active and really need bulletproof low maintenance lipcolour...this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Pros: the right shade is very natural-looking and has a lot of staying-power
Cons: it is drying and needs the balm applied frequently during the day but you can condition your lips at night and minimize the dryness
Comment: I must say I actually prefer Revlon's Color Stay one-step version of long-lasting lip product. It stays on very well (but not as well as Outlast) and is much less drying. Be warned that most of the Color Stay colors go on darker than they appear in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I bought the Outlast all day lip color in Red Cashmere number 579. I love the color. I don't wear red lipstick but this color was pretty. It is a pinkish red. My only complaint is that after the lip gloss wears off it does feel dry. When I looked in the mirror though it didn't look dry at all. It just felt it on my lips. Before I put it on I make sure to exfoliate my lips. If I don't then after a while it starts to flake. I really love this color and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jlew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say...I cannot believe there is ANYONE on earth who doesn't like this product. It's true, if you apply the product EXACTLY like the package says, then you cannot go wrong. HOWEVER, that said, you must exfoliate your lips 'cuz if there is even a minute amount of flaky skin, it will come off in chunks and this is the same for ALL lipsticks. It's just that the drying effect tends to "assist" in the flaking a wee bit more. But, exfoliate for a few days, really moisturize your lips ( basically take the care you SHOULD be taking anyway ) and then give it another go. I really think you will be surprised. I bought my first "tube"?? ( if you can call it a tube) of this about 8 years ago and it was a color called Cherry Wood and ( of course ) after I fell deeply madly in love with it is was discontinued. I have loved the product ever since.