April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Glumbumble

First, let me say, I would only buy this product again if it was on sale. I bought this a few years ago (the blue version), and didn't like it. They went on sale recently and I decided to give it another shot because they supposedly improved the product.

They didn't.

The colours are nice, but they do not last for 16 hours. Okay, well maybe they do last for 16 hours, or at least, some of the colour might still be on your lips at the end of 16 hours if you can stand to leave it on that long.

It lasts for about one meal, so I think it lasts for me about 1 hour before it starts flaking and the colour actually starts disappearing starting from the center of the lips spreading out. It's not pretty. So I recommend carrying around a little tube of vaseline or baby oil in order to clean up and touch up if you want it to last for more than an hour.

The topcoat that comes with it is very waxy, although it does last for about 15 or so minutes before I feel like I have to apply it again.

I wish I could find a lipstick that can last for at least 6 hours without flaking or drying out. But Covergirl Outlast is definitely not one of those lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this everyday from 7th to 10th grade. It lasted forever. I never had to touch up on anything and I never worried about it wearing off. Overall, fabulous!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really into these types of "long wearing" type lip paints to begin with but a friend of mine gave me her unused, unopened package of CG Outlast in the color called "Canyon" so I tried it out. Oh my, all I can say is this is the absolute WORST product ever to grace my lips. While the color itself was quite pretty (it was a muted, neutral red), the formula left a lot to be desired. You are supposed to put the lip color on, let it dry and once dry apply the conditioning stick (mine came with the opaque white, greasy stick) on top of the lip color to add moisture. Well, I did all that and followed the instructions to the T yet it dried my lips out even though I kept swiping it with the moisture stick like every 5 mins. BTW, that moisture stick didn't do squat to alleviate that icky feeling at all. Even though my lips were exfoliated prior to using this, it didn't help matters any. So...the poor performance I experienced had absolutely nothing to do with whether one's lips were exfoliated or not...as another reviewer had alluded to. The pigment itself did last pretty long, I'll give it that but not the "all day" it claims. It lasted about 7 hrs on me. But here's the kicker....when it did finally wear off it wasn't pretty at all. Instead of gradually fading, it flaked off in little patches all over my lips. An awful look to say the least. I'm glad I didn't buy this on my own because it would've been a complete waste of money. I realize some people love this or a similar product but it's definitely not for me....to each their own I guess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Inexpensive.

CONS: Very, very drying on the lips.

ALTERNATES: HE (high end) alternates are Estee Lauder Double Wear & DS (drugstore) alternate, which is great, is Revlon Colorstay Soft and Smooth lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip color is truely 12 hour. I apply it before I go to work. I work 12-1/2 hours and the color is STILL fresh!
There is a trick to applying it though. I find that I have to let it dry for 5 minutes before I apply the gloss over it. If I don't let it sit this long, it tends to bleed when I apply the gloss.
And you do have to re-apply the over-gloss after eating and every 2-3 hours. But that's normal. The base color just stays so remarkably fresh and distinct.
My daughter turned me on to this lipstick. She's tried a sample on her arm and couldn't remove it later, even with alcohol pads...LOL.
If you're quite active and really need bulletproof low maintenance lipcolour...this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Pros: the right shade is very natural-looking and has a lot of staying-power
Cons: it is drying and needs the balm applied frequently during the day but you can condition your lips at night and minimize the dryness
Comment: I must say I actually prefer Revlon's Color Stay one-step version of long-lasting lip product. It stays on very well (but not as well as Outlast) and is much less drying. Be warned that most of the Color Stay colors go on darker than they appear in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I bought the Outlast all day lip color in Red Cashmere number 579. I love the color. I don't wear red lipstick but this color was pretty. It is a pinkish red. My only complaint is that after the lip gloss wears off it does feel dry. When I looked in the mirror though it didn't look dry at all. It just felt it on my lips. Before I put it on I make sure to exfoliate my lips. If I don't then after a while it starts to flake. I really love this color and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jlew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say...I cannot believe there is ANYONE on earth who doesn't like this product. It's true, if you apply the product EXACTLY like the package says, then you cannot go wrong. HOWEVER, that said, you must exfoliate your lips 'cuz if there is even a minute amount of flaky skin, it will come off in chunks and this is the same for ALL lipsticks. It's just that the drying effect tends to "assist" in the flaking a wee bit more. But, exfoliate for a few days, really moisturize your lips ( basically take the care you SHOULD be taking anyway ) and then give it another go. I really think you will be surprised. I bought my first "tube"?? ( if you can call it a tube) of this about 8 years ago and it was a color called Cherry Wood and ( of course ) after I fell deeply madly in love with it is was discontinued. I have loved the product ever since.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by intercitykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hated it!
It went on well, but felt a tad gritty on my lips. It dried smooth-ish, but immediatly my lips felt like all the moisture had been sucked out of them. Even with the 'moisturizing' gloss like stuff. My lips ended up sore and flaking no matter how much of that top coat stuff I put in. It felt waxy, like it was hovering above my lips, rather than penetrating them with moisture.
The colour tends to last, which is great if you are a fan of this product.
But trying to get it off was a nightmare, even with remover etc.
I found for the next few days I had to pamper my lips with Blistex Lip Medex to get them feeling normal again.
It looked weird on... almost like I just pressed coloured tin foil to my lips and it somehow magincally stayed there.
I tried a few (about 4) different colours of it, thinking perhaps it was just a bad colour I got. But they all had the same unfortunate effect on me.
Very drying.
I also found it annoying that it came in two parts, rather than a double-ended tube. So carting it around is a little annoying.
would never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product once awhile back, and never will again. The color was a deep, rich brown with a hint of red in it. I wish I could remember the name -- I only know it had the word "cinnamon" in it. At first I loved it, but unfortunately my complaints are the same as some of the previous reviewers. The product completely dried out my lips, even with the top coat that was supposed to be so moisturizing. It did last a long time at first, but later I noticed the color would peel off my lips and come off in pieces, rather than fading gradually like a regular lipstick. No matter how I applied it, I always had these results.

Like another reviewer said, I advise everyone to stay away from these two step formulas, no matter what company makes them. Lipstick and lip gloss don't last as long as we'd like them to, but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather reapply them than have to deal with the nightmare that is all of these longwear formulas. None of them ever seem to work, and they never have the moisturizing, natural feel that good lipsticks do. Though the temptation is always there when a new one comes out, I've resolved never to buy them again, and to encourage other girls to do the same.