Philosophy Kiss Me lip Balm

3.5

on 11/19/2006 11:03:00 PM

I love the Kiss me lip balm! I have the yellow one in a tube and I absolutely love it. It's one of those lip balms I always reach for because of how great it is. I love the smell of it too

on 11/9/2006 1:52:00 PM

i have the yellow, untinted version in the tube. i used to find this stuff kind of gross, as i like thicker, shea-type balms. but for some reason a month ago i started craving this stuff because of the scent- which is a weird caster oil scent. i didn't want to buy any because i thought it would dry out my lips, but i finally caved, and i'm actually pleasantly surprised. i've been using nothing but this on my lips for the past month (i apply several times a day, just because i like to), and they're not remotely dry. i've come to enjoy the somewhat glossy feel of this, and i've learned to apply the right amount so i don't end up eating it or whatever. my tube is about 1/3 gone now, and i will rebuy when it runs out. i also like to put a little of this on my finger, mix in some sugar, and make a lip exfoliating scrub once in awhile..

I have the Kiss Me red version in the pot and I really like this for bedtime and in the morning while I'm putting on my makeup to get my lips ready for the day. It is kind of greasy but I kind of like that, and it does have a weird smell/taste but you know what, I don't mind it at all!

on 9/9/2006 12:49:00 AM

Personally I love the citrus scent and taste. A smooth moisturising lip balm rather than a gloss. Nice for when you don't feel like wearing make up. The colour is lovely and I found out that it looks very pretty in photos! I have it in the tube and the tub. My only critisicm would be that it gets bit too solid in winter and hard to get out of the tube.

on 8/23/2006 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have been using this in the "pot" form in the red color for at least 4 years. I purchased it from Drugstore.com and it was my first Philosophy product. This little pot now stays on my desk at work - I put it out first thing in the morning and dab it on throughout the day (I have the tube in my purse since I don't think they make the pot any longer). I consider this to be more of a gloss than a balm but I love it! At night, I want something waxier, so I use Blistex, which I have used since my teen years and I wake up in the morning with the same amount I went to bed with.

on 6/28/2006 4:57:00 AM

An ex-lipbalm junkie, Kiss Me was an acceptable product for me. I had the little pot with black lid, clear (but actually looked yellowy in the pot). The consistency was nice, kind of thick but would be melted easily on finger/lips by body heat. I wouldn't complain about the smell either, at first it was a little weird but erm, it's a bit of an acquired taste, a while later I was actually addicted, reminded me of some mango/citrusy fruit.

However as some reviewers mentioned this is just flavoured vaseline and in the long term worsens skin, I've had my Kiss Me moment and now am a happy fan of Sugar.

on 5/26/2006 10:40:00 PM

This is either a love it or hate it product. I personally love it, but could live without the smell. Each color has a different smell. The clear/original balm has a lemony-medicine like smell. Some people have told me it smells like bag balm, but I've never smelled that, so I don't know for sure. If you don't mind the smell too much, I got used to it after a while, it is an awesome balm-super moisturizing. If I wear it overnight, it moisturizes my lips so much they look and feel fuller in the morning. I took two lippies off for the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

yuck. this stuff smells horribly. i have it in 3 flavors cuz i got them in a gift set and they smell and taste just gross. i have it in red, peppermint, and sugar cookie. they all have a funny taste to them. they look ok but im not impressed with this stuff at all. i wont be buying this again. they also slid all over my face? they dont really stay put at all. annoying.

on 5/9/2006 5:10:00 AM

I have this in red. The smell is a little annoying, but besides the smell this is a great product that gives you the softest lips. I use this twice a day.

on 5/6/2006 1:36:00 PM

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I USE THE RED & CLEAR & IT LASTS FOR QUITE SOME TIME. IT SMELLS LIKE HAWAIIAN PUNCH IN A WAY TO ME. FOR THOSE THAT DONT LIKE IT & WANT SOMETHING IN A TUBE.... I WOULD SUGGEST WWW.THEBODYBAKERY.COM

GET THE LIP BUTTERS. THEY ARE $4 EACH & YOU HAVE AT LEAST 25 SCENTS TO CHOOSE FROM.

OTHERWISE, KISS ME ROCKS. I LOVE IT & CARRY IT W/ME EVERYWHERE. AS A MATTER OF FACT, I HAD SURGERY 2 WKS AGO & BROUGHT 3 THINGS, MY ID, INSURANCE CARD & MY KISS ME. THAT SHOULD TELL U SOMETHING. =)

Popular Lip Treatments