October 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Blush Crush Baked Blush - Living Doll

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ItsAmandaYall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin(shine within 30-60mins) and was worried about how long this would stay without "melting" off. It staid on all day and the first time I didn't use enough but the 2nd time I used too much and I looked like a living doll..in a bad way. I haven't used blush in years so I'm still getting used to applying it. The other thing that was a little bothersome was the glittery shiny finish it has I should have read the reviews and I would have know that. The other thing that sucks about my oily skin and this blush is that when I see shine I use powder to cover up and it washed out the blush so I have to reapply blush. I'm sure it would have worked better if I had blotting sheets instead of powder. Also it lacked a mirror, not that it's a huge problem but I like the option of having one. When I first bought this I could not open the case no matter how hard I tried. I have really short nails and couldn't my nail underneath it to pop it open. Overall I really like this stuff I'm a cheap wad and there wasn't a price listed so I was hoping for $5 but it came to be $7 at the walmart check out. My foundation is $7-8 so I figured blush would be cheaper. I really like this blush overall I've been having a hard time finding something so bright pink that wouldn't be too much for my pale skin. And I will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the color of this blush! It's a really pretty blush and it livens up my face. I love the shimmer, since that means that I have applied my highlighter and blush at the same time. That saves me time in the morning. This has great pigment to it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by AllisonRoth

I really liked the idea of this product, a very bright pigmented shimmery blush. I enjoy it for the most part, some issues with blending make it very easy to come out with a creepy doll clown circles on your cheeks. I have the smaller version of this blush that was included in kit with samples sizes of primer. The plastic lid to this product broke, and has yet to be recovered. Overall not too bad...for the price...but there are a zillion other similar products out there that would likely be better. The harsh lighting during a quick trip to Wallmart convinced me I needed this product....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is not a bad product at all, but that said if I had to do it over again I wouldn't have bought it. I've been searching high and low for a truly cool-toned, lilac-ish blush, and was seduced by the lilac pink color of Living Doll, as well as the price and amount of product. Hard Candy's packaging is really cute for DS, and I like that you can see through the top of the container. Usually I like to get a mirror with blush, but this is only DS product and I personally don't have any need for a mirror with this blush. If it was as pigmented as NARS, yeah; but unfortunately it's not. I have no problem with the shimmer of this product. The consistency and texture are good, and my brush has no problem picking up enough product. It's a pearl finish, not glittery or tacky, and surely subdued enough for daytime, IMO. I have large pores and didn't think this overemphasized them at all. However, because of the pearliness, and the lack of pigmentation this doesn't quite work as a blush so much as a highlighter. It's definitely wearable and pretty, if you don't really want a pop of color. It's nice to layer over more pigmented blushes, but I'm really just doing that to find a use for this rather than having it sit in a drawer. Unfortunately, I needed a blush and not a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

After reading all the rave reviews about this blush on MUA, I couldn't wait to try it. I am so glad that I did! This has become one of my favorite blushes, one that I reach for often. Living Doll seems to be a good dupe for an HG blush that I ran out of and can't find anywhere in Nashville, LORAC's Desire blush. I can't find it online either, and think it may be discontinued. So I was so pleased when I discovered the similarities between the two. I LOVE the dewy soft subtle glow it gives my cheeks. This product is as good or better than some of my other high end blushes. Great product for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this blush! Its so pretty and soft. It shows up a light dewy pink on my skin. Its very light and subtle and can double as a highlighter. However it breaks really easily and I cant stand the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I saw this blush at walmart and instantly loved the color in the pan. When I got home I decided to try it to see how it looks. I'm an N7 in MAC F&B. Most of the review I'm reading here are raving about this product because its's cheap and likely works with their skintone.

The color in the pan is quite deceiving in my opinion. On the package it says you can apply wet or dry. I applied it dry first and it literally took me 3 application with my ecotool blush brush to even get any color out of it on my face. Yes, I know this blush is cheap but still 3 application just to get a bit of color. I also did not want to apply anymore than that as it was starting to look white on my face.

Now I applied it wet and this is when I got the most color. My suggestion is that if you have darker skin, don't even bother applying this dry. Take your blush brush and spritz some water on the brush and pat it gently to the pan. This way you can adjust how pink you want it to look. The other bonus is that by applying it wet, I can skip putting a highlighter as there is enough sheen to it.

I don't think I would buy this product again. I think that you should be able to get some decent color on it if applied dry. It just seems a lot of work to have to apply it wet. I already have to spend enough time putting other things on my face so this is just one added extra work. I think the packaging is super cute though.

Plus this product is made from China. Most baked pans are either
made in US or Italy. It's cheap makeup that I would rather not put on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG blush! I love how it look on my pale skin, like an actual living doll! Most blushes are way too dark and accentuate my redness but this is lovely. It's not super pigmented so it gives skin a gorgeous pink sheen that lasts all day as opposed to other blushes. Don't be afraid of all the glitter, it doesn't show up on the skin.
Just be careful not to drop it like I did! Baked blushes are very fragile. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I went from hating this to loving it. It started out as a really cool toned pink with a more bluish tint and recently its been more of the proper innocent pink, so maybe it was something I was using before.

Regardless one of my favorite blushes now

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this! I'm not much of a blush girl (I love using just bronzer) but this color is gorgeous. I am NC32 warm undertones and using this with a light hand shows up beautifully on my skin. My fair-skinned friend said this was way too dark for her though, so she gave it to me. I have the mini one, which as people have said, has silver glitter as opposed to the large version that has gold veining. When I first swatched this on my finger I just saw silver glitter and I thought NO NO NO NO NO. I HATE glitter, I love matte everything, satin finish if anything - I like sheen but not shimmer/glitter. However, I used my MAC109 brush to put this on and the glitters didn't show!!! I was SO ecstatic. The color is gorgeous for more tanned girls, I think it is the perfect glow, because a lot of blushes are too pale/chalky on me or just plain don't show up. This may work for fair skinned girls with a light hand, but I wouldn't know. The glitters don't show up at all and there is absolutely no trace of any silver. It blends nicely and I love it!