E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain

Price: $

on 7/3/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this, due to the price and the colour range. Unfortunately, it simply isn't long lasting, with or without the gloss. I bought bombshell (which does not suit my pale complextion) and would have bought lots of other shades if I had been suitably impessed. I have other ordinary lipsticks that last longer. If you want a long lasting lipstick, don't buy this. The benefits are it is not drying and both the gloss and lipstain are creamy, but that's about it.

on 7/3/2011 1:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i rlly like this product! im surprised it has so many bad reviews. the gloss is cheap nd not very longlasting but the stain is good (a bit drying tho). i do hav to reapply midday. overall its a great basic stain nd the color birthday suit is absolutely beautiful!

on 6/18/2011 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product misrepresents itself calling itself a lipstain when in reality it is nothing more than a disappearing lipstick. I purchased this in Fashionista and when I applied it to my lips I fell in love with the bright pink color. I waited a good three minutes before applying the gloss over the stain and even then the lipstain transferred onto the wand of the gloss and it didn't last on my lips for two hours it was that bad. It transferred to my water bottle like crazy! I tried wearing it matte without the gloss and while it stayed on my lips longer and had less transfer than when wearing it with the gloss, it still didn't last long and was easy to rub off. It was cheap, but I still expected a little better from something that calls it self a lipstain...Let's just say I will not be buying this again.

on 5/5/2011 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I actually got Birthday Suit from target because it was only a $1 and the color looked so cute but when I tried it, it just wasn't working for me. It reminded me of the NYX soft matte lip stuff (which I didn't like either). I guess since its a lip stain it doesn't give much color pay off & the clear gloss didn't do much either. Not impressed!!!

on 4/4/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this product when i was out and about and got a last minute date. I love E.L.F. so i went over and picked this up. Knowing how stains work, i got a lip liner too. The lip gloss didn't stay on too long, but the color lasted through dinner and a goodnight kiss :)

I purchased this in heartbreaker. The packaging is really nice and both sides are doe foot applicators. The stain is a bit more drying then your average lipstain, but leaves a nice natural nude wash of color on my lips and with the gloss over it stays shiny for a good hour. I wouldn't repurchase this ligloss because I'm loving the super glossy gloss they have instead with the squeeze tube. One last thing I really didn't like, when I went to apply the clear gloss the color came off on the wand leaving it stained it just looks gross sitting in the clear tube ):

on 2/14/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this lip stain because it goes on matte and gives subtle and pretty color. Normally lip glosses don't suit me but this one is not too glossy and is a perfect match for the lip stain. Highly recommend this to people who don't want too much shine on the gloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like these a lot. They give you a nice looking color on your lips and they don't make them dry out like many of the others out there.

on 2/7/2011 3:58:00 PM

I own 2 of these and unfortunately it did not work for me. I let the lip stain sat on my lips for a good 2 mins for it to get tacky or sticky so i can apply the clear gloss over. well, after 2 min it wasn't as sticky asi thought it would bc and after apply on the gloss, you can see the color on the wand. It didn't last as long as i'd like it to. I do not plan to repurchse these.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This did not last. The color was badly represented, and I threw it out. Boo.

Popular Lip Glosses