August 30, 2014 | 1146 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Stain

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I purchased this in heartbreaker. The packaging is really nice and both sides are doe foot applicators. The stain is a bit more drying then your average lipstain, but leaves a nice natural nude wash of color on my lips and with the gloss over it stays shiny for a good hour. I wouldn't repurchase this ligloss because I'm loving the super glossy gloss they have instead with the squeeze tube. One last thing I really didn't like, when I went to apply the clear gloss the color came off on the wand leaving it stained it just looks gross sitting in the clear tube ):

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip stain because it goes on matte and gives subtle and pretty color. Normally lip glosses don't suit me but this one is not too glossy and is a perfect match for the lip stain. Highly recommend this to people who don't want too much shine on the gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like these a lot. They give you a nice looking color on your lips and they don't make them dry out like many of the others out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by bobeena

I own 2 of these and unfortunately it did not work for me. I let the lip stain sat on my lips for a good 2 mins for it to get tacky or sticky so i can apply the clear gloss over. well, after 2 min it wasn't as sticky asi thought it would bc and after apply on the gloss, you can see the color on the wand. It didn't last as long as i'd like it to. I do not plan to repurchse these.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not last. The color was badly represented, and I threw it out. Boo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Great packaging is the best I can say about this. I got Heartbreaker which is a gorgeous matte pinky-peach. It's too sheer for a lipstain on my pigmented lips. The color side almost has potential to be good by itself, but it fell short. The pigmentation is a light wash of color, not quite medium coverage, and definitely not full coverage on my pigmented lips. The clear side is pretty much useless over it. After I put it on...It was like I had nothing on my lips. If it wasn't drying....I would actually use the side that has the color. This is a waste of a dollar. I won't buy any of these again. It's very drying and makes my lips feel hard and like it's peeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlcathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**E.L.F. Studio Lipstain**

I purchased four colors: first date, fashionista, lady luck, heartbreaker, (in order from favorite to least favorite.) I know everyone is going to say this isn't a lipstain because they think a lipstain has to be watery, but I don't think that is true. However, I would like to say I think this lipstain is different. It reminds me of a slick dry lipstick, once its dry it somewhat is like a lipstick but without the shine or moisture.
I like it honestly, I mean is there any other lipstain that comes with a lipgloss? This is the only one so far that i've seen so that gets a plus. This product isn't as long-lasting as you would want, but I would think it would be great for dates and special occasions because unlike a lipstick, this will not transfer a great deal of product. I know my beau hates getting pink smudges on his lips & cheeks.

How I use it: I dab the stain on the middle part of the upper and lower lip, I try to use as little product as possible because I do not prefer a great amount of this product on my lips & I enjoy light color on the lips. Then I use my ring finger to blend it on each part of the lip, usually the drying time is faster due to this method. I would then apply lip balm and sometimes the gloss provided. I prefer the lip balm mostly.

OVERALL PACKAGING:
Its a doubled ended product, lipstain in one and clear lipgloss in the other.
Now, I will say that the packaging is also cheap, in a way. I had dropped on of my lipstain before and it left a tear like cut, in which made the product leak out slowly. So overall, its not as durable as you would like it to do.

CLEAR GLOSS REVIEW: Its very runny and the ingredients are very simple and cheap. However, its does give a nice shine and some moisture to the lips. Staying power is very short, so retouches will have to happen from time to time.

COLOR REVIEWS:
FIRST DATE:
This color is my absolute, I cannot live without it. IIt is more of a coral pink I would say. It reminds me of a MAC blush from their beach collection 2010, the blush was called Hipness, but in actuality the color is slightly darker. This is great spring/summer color. Now, I am usually an NC40 for MAC and sometimes a little bit more tan, so this color works for me very well. There are also some traces of glitter in this lipstain, but I don't notice it once it's on my lips, I only notice it when it is settled in the tube. The glitter is gold reflects.

FASHIONISTA:
This color straight up pink. I would think this color would suite any women of any age. When I look at the this color right now, it its not bright pink like the image shown. Its also very versatile. It's a nice touch of color for the office or any kind of work, but its also a great color of an evening dinner. No glitter in this one, its very matte.

LADY LUCK:
I would like to say this color is like an almost rusty red. Its matte, no shimmer or reflects. This color would be the choice of my mother, on me it makes me look old in my opinion. Not once of my favorites, but ask for my mother, she is in her early 50's but she looks like she is in her mid 40's. Her skin is NC20-25.

HEART BREAKER:
The worst color ever, in my opinion. Its a nude color and also kind of pink in a way. It matches my lip color exactly, which is the reason why I dislike it. Its matte and no glitter or reflects, It would look nice on skin lighter than mine.

*note: I did not read any reviews on this product until after I posted the review.
Thank you.*

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by ClaireJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

To echo previous reviewers, this is not a lip stain. The colours themselves are really nice and the only good thing going for this product, outside of the packaging. I have purchased four shades: Mysterious, a great neutral shade; Lucky Lady, a neutral, pink-peach shade; Fashionista, a bright pink; Red Carpet, a great red shade that is unfortunately a bit too much for my fair skintone.The "stain" is more akin to a weird, goopy glaze. Once dried, the transparent gloss can be applied and this is where the product fails. First, it can be difficult to extract enough gloss from the tube (I sometimes use an e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine instead). Second, the clear gloss re-liquefies the colour, making it easy to rub off--sorta kinda contrary to what a lip stain does. The packaging itself is good; one of the few e.l.f. Studio products that actually looks sleek and there is a surprising amount of product for your three bucks.I'm a little harsh on this product, probably because I had high hopes and was excited when the lip stain was introduced. I've had a couple of opportunities to buy other shades and have opted not to repurchase. If you don't really care about the lack of "stain", this can be a good product due to the available shades. I'm quite fond of Mysterious, though I only wear it occasionally. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by plasticvagabond

Pro's- I love the colors that are offered and it was VERY cheap, picked a few of the lip stains up at my local Dollar tree. =] The colors aren't laced with glitter and gloss like so many other adolescent brands. They are just THAT..COLORS. I picked up the 'First Date' pink,'Mysterious' and some other red colors.

Cons: I like the stain but it makes my lips feel/look dry. I don't like having to use the gloss that comes with it but I have to. Also it doesn't last too long. But hey it was only a buck!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by emwaggs123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this was a an ok product. But it reminds me of "old lady" lipstick because it was to red and I didn't like the texture. Also it always ended up on my teeth.