July 31, 2014 | 2134 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like this primer along with Revlon's PhotoReady Primer are the two best available at the drugstore for anyone with oily skin and visible pores. I received a small size of this in a Hard Candy gift set last Christmas (2011) and it sat for at least 6 months before I even tried it. After I did I was so surprised at how well I liked it and immediately ran out and purchased the full size at my local WalMart. You can't beat the price, $8 USD for a decent size squeeze tube of product. It's quite siliconey, so if you're sensitive to silicones this isn't the primer for you. Personally my skin tolerates silicones well, and I especially like primers like this one for blurring my jumbo pores.
When the weather changed this past fall though and got cooler, this primer started causing me flakies and I retired it for a while. It's still wintertime here but I recently got it back out anyway now that I'm using a different moisturizer and foundation (my daily moisturizer being Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream for Dry Skin) and it no longer gives me the "dehydrated skin look" (yay!)
It is a bit "wet" feeling (if that makes sense?) -If you apply more than a pea size amount you'll need to wait 10 minutes or so for it to sink in. It also can separate a little bit in the bottle, which requires a little shake of the tube before each use after you have it for a while, but that's no biggie in my eyes for a product that performs well :)
And this is another one of those primers that's ideal for use OVER makeup as well as under, and can also be worn alone. If your pores are jumbo like mine and you don't want them to be visible but don't have time or need to wear any other makeup, just apply a little of this and go! &When I feel like my pores are looking extra large while I AM wearing makeup and I've already applied primer underneath, I'll just lightly dab a small amount of this over top of my foundation or powder, and it makes me poreless. Using under as well as over my makeup gives the best results (and I feel the same about the Revlon PhotoReady Primer I mentioned above)
Overall it's not THE most mattifying primer on the drugstore market (that award I feel would go to Black Radiance's Complexion Perfecting Primer) -but that primer does nothing for my pore size. So I typically end up pairing two together - one for mattifying my oilies, and another for blurring my pore size and this method works well for me :)
I think this is a steal for the super inexpensive pricetag, and I do plan to repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

Update:
Feels silky, makes my makeup go on nicely, it doesn't really help with staying power but its ok for large pores and fine lines. Its decent but I really don't go to it all that often so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put Smashbox primer on one side of my face and Hard Candy envy on the other for two days. The smashbox side broke out but hard candy didn't. Hard candy also minimized my pores and smashbox made them more apparent! I'm going to try the smashbox specifically for wrinkles but Hard Candy will be my whole face primer. (I did trade the regular smashbox primer for the smashbox targeted pore and line primer, which does make more of a difference on those wrinkles but if I had to pick just one primer, I'd pick hard candy.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This was the first primer I've ever used and I made the mistake of over applying this stuff. You really only need a pea size drop and it smoothed out the texture. I never used it as a moisturizer but it's really for oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LipstickBandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I mostly just use this for my face before I apply foundation. It has a greasy feel with application, but it dries velvety smooth. And It helps greatly with long lasting coverage!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

you must must must shake this product before use or it will not work nicely and water will come out the end. It is a gel like product and is really smooth. The last power is ok, and is very affortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MoniSams17

I've had this for a few weeks now and I am quite impressed. Unlike my old primer from E.L.F. it doesn't cause little bumps on my forehead to appear (that really irritated me). But here's something strange that happened. I think it was because of my heater, I'm not entirely sure, but at one point, for a few days, the primer wasn't as thick as it should have been. In fact it came out runny and was a purple-ish pink color. It went back to normal of course, but it did make me question it's quality. Unless I find a better primer, I will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by SnappyLeeLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All and all this is a good primer. The only down side is the shine it gives me around my t-zone but I don't really blame the product. I already have a shine going on in that area. I just skip putting it on that area and have no problems with the areas I use it on. It smooths my face and has the silky texture. It has yet to break me out which is a plus, plus! It isn't as good as Smashbox's primer but it is pretty close.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a face full of acne that I blame on this stuff. Enough said.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had this for awhile but usually didn't bother with using primer in general. Plus it made me break out when I was only using Cetaphil to wash my face at night. But now I have a better routine for removing my makeup so when I do use this my skin stays clear.
This primer is something that can be worn alone. It fills in pores & tones down shine (from freshly applied moisturizer), something not all primers do.
I wouldn't repurchase this because I prefer the finish of Smashbox Hydrating primer, which leaves my face with the most subtle, healthy glow. But I will keep this on hand for days when I don't feel like wearing foundation