Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

on 8/7/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I've heard a lot of good things about this primer. I was recently at Walmart and bought it on a whim. I am definitely not a fan of the Glamoflague concealer by Hard Candy, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this primer. But I actually like it alot. You can't be the price. It's $8 at Walmart for a decent sized tube.

When I first applied this primer, I didn't think I was going to like it. It's a gel-like consistency and very runny. It also feels very slimy and greasy. But I found that if you let it sit just a couple of minutes, it absorbs into the skin and dries clear. It didn't clump or pill at all after applying my foundation. I also felt like it did help my foundation stay on my face longer. My skin is very oily and very allergy prone. My skin typically doesn't tolerate very cheap makeup very well. So I was a little concerned that this would make me itch. But it didn't at all. Which for me, is a major plus.

I still really like the Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer. But if I ever get sick of forking over $26 for a primer, or just choose not to, I would definitely repurchase this primer. There's nothing fancy about it. But it gets the job done. I would highly recommend.

on 7/30/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would have never guessed that this would be my HG primer! I really liked the glamoflauge concealer and I thought the primer is worth a shot. Here are my thoughts:

Price: For around 8 dollars, it contains 1.6 ounces of product in each tube (5 dollars per fluid ounce), which is absolutely phenomenal when it comes to a face primer- they can be so expensive. *Ahem* Yes, I am talking to you, Mr. 40 dollar Smashbox primer!

Performance: Does a great job in helping my makeup go on smoothly and stay put for much longer. I don't see much of a difference with this vs high end primers. The first time I opened it up, there was WAY too much product coming out, which was such a waste.

Pros: Great value, fragrance free, transparent, lightweight, little goes a long way, comparable to high end primers, company does not test on animals.

Cons: Packaging dispenses too much product, which is why I hold it upside down and squeeze out the product.

Overall, I recommend this product highly to everyone. At least give it a try! Also, people complain that this product makes them oily but that is usually because you are using too much. Only a pea sized amount is needed for the whole face. In fact, I have oily skin and this controls my oil nicely. I would choose this primer over my Smashbox one (which broke me out terribly) any day. But don't get me wrong, I love Smashbox's other products!

on 7/22/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best primer for me!!! I don't use primer daily but this one is my go to..

This literally is the only primer that doesn't cause me to break out!

I've used other primers from high end to low end and the majority of them break out me out and/or make me skin nasty and oily..but not this one!

*A little goes a long way and makes my face feel silky smooth and all I need is a pea sized amount.

*I use a little face makeup and this primer makes it glide on and look flawless,plus it has great lasting power!

*My skin is oily in the summer and this primer helps with it a lot.

100% repurchase over & over!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Worst primer I've ever gotten, The consistency looks old, it goes on your face and like flakes off. It's hard to explain but it doesn't do anything. I'm super disappointed in this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have only used 2 other primers before this one, but it has been my favorite one so far. I received a mini size primer with the Girl Next Door boxed kit. It has a very silicon, silky consistency, which I like. My foundations go over really smooth and it fills in a scar or two I have on my face so my foundation looks flawless. :)

on 6/30/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hard Candy came out with an ultra light version of this primer, but I can't find reviews for that one so I'll post about the one I have here.
Well, first off I absolutely love hard candy products. I love the quality, the price, the creativity, and the super cutesy packaging. Im so glad I discovered this brand a few months back.
But back to this primer.. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I'll start with what I like cause the benefits are a huge plus for me.
It blurs imperfections in a way that BLOWS MY MIND! Its almost as if I put a soft focus effect on my face. It really blurs the appearance of pores and fine lines.
I like the way it applies. I find application silky (not greasy) and also finishes very smooth on my skin. It also makes the application of foundation easier to blend. But then.. Its all down hill :(
It comes out clumpy, which is a little off putting, but not a deal breaker for me personally...
It makes me oily fairly quickly, and I find that instead of making my foundation last longer as a primer should, I have to touch it up after about an hour or 2, and continue to use my oil blotting sheets, and setting powder more through out the day.
I now use it very, very sparingly on the areas I need it most like under my eyes and between my brows. Overall a decent product for the price.. Just needs to be slightly tweeked.

I bought this in a package that contained Doll Face, the bronzer and Sheer Envy. Really surprised at how much I love this primer. I've only tried a couple of others and they did not work this well. It leaves my face silky all day and my makeup stays put. Will purchase again this time in the larger tube!

This primer is really great! It gives me a smooth, silky canvas for my foundation. It comes it a nice white squeeze tube with cute black designs on it, very reminiscent of Urban Decay products. I love the squeeze tube because you can get every last drop of product. The primer itself is a silicony white gel. It reminds me of coconut for some reason. It goes on clear and adds a bit of moisture to skin so I think this is ideal for dry skin. Overall, this is a very nice primer perfect for dry skin. But STAY AWAY if your skin is sensitive to silicone! It may break you out!

on 6/9/2013 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this primer! This comes in a little squeeze tube and makes it easy to get as little or as much as you need. This is a clear gel and goes on smoothly and feels silky when you put it on. It seems to have a little oil to give it that silky feel but it absorbs and this gives my skin a wonderful finish for foundation. It does not take very much product to cover my face. After using this it seems to take much less foundation to cover my face and that is another bonus. I have gone through 4 tubes of this primer and now it is hard to find if not impossible to find. I have tried Smashbox, Urban Decay, and numerous drugstore primers and this is still my favorite one. You can't beat this one for the low price point either.

on 6/5/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

As of right now, I really like this primer. It's perfect for summer, when the thought of wearing and sweating off foundation makes me cringe. I just use a moisturizer, this, and top it off with pressed powder. The primer is very siliconey and smooth, which is what I wanted. It goes on nicely, but don't use too much, or it'll kind of slide all over your face. You also have to let it sit for a second before applying powder or it'll slide. But other than that, I like it. It's nice and light, and (fingers crossed) I haven't had any breakouts from it yet. Hoping I continue to see these results because I don't wanna spend 20 bucks on too faced's primer again!

Popular Primer/ Correctors