October 23, 2014 | 2181 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by bitisgabonica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff, it's a great product for the price. is it the best? no but it does it's job well, defiantly a fan of the constancy feels like nothing on your face, has a thin gel like texture.

pros - cheap, lots of product, good packaging, easily available.

cons - could have more staying power

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this primer. It actually feels how a primer is suppose to feel! So many drug store primers I have tried just feel like lotion and seem to do nothing for me at all. This is very smooth and silicone-y. It leaves your face feeling very soft and smooth and is perfect for applying any foundation over top. I can tell the difference in the way my makeup feels when I use this. Instead of being sticky it feels and looks smoother and less dry. I don't notice my makeup staying on any longer.. and I wish it covered my pores like others. Not perfect but good for $6 (at walmart) and its a nice size tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably the softest stuff I have ever felt. It feels so amazing, and you can barely feel it on your face. It glides on so easily, and leaves your skin sooo smooth. It keeps my makeup on a lot better and longer, and it makes my foundation look great upon application. And I'll say it again, it is so darn soft! Holy grail primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Syousef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was a little skeptical when I first bought this, but I feel like my foundation has been a mess lately and I was desperate. I am SO glad i bought this! I'm middle eastern (think tan) and while I don't have acne I have...I'm not sure maybe they're black heads? Either way they're awful and any foundation I use seems to emphasize them instead of mask them! So I put on this primer and it is so SOFT!!! So soft that I wasn't sure if I even had any product to rub onto my face. A little bit goes a long way so don't put too much!
I don't regret it because for the first time in a long while my foundation actually looked good on me! My blemishes were COVERED instead of exaggerated. I completely recommend this! It's on par with Urban decays face primer which is just as soft and actually doesn't help me as much as this did!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

My first primer I ever used and I am super happy with it. I knew foundation primer wasn't necessary so I never bother using one, but I was wrong. This primer made my foundation stay the whole day and it made my skin silky smooth after I put it on. My face doesn't look oily/greasy after the long day when I used primer. I used less foundation and it blended a bit more evenly and smoothly. I didn't have to wait before I put foundation and my face feels really light, as if, I don't have foundation on.

It does have a purple undertone to it, so I would shake the tube before using it. Also, when I accidentally missed a spot on my face, it looks spoty/patchy when I apply foundation. It does dry pretty fast so I have to work with a quick hand to cover my whole face.

I don't like using Hard Candy products, but for $8 at Walmart is inexpensive, also considering the fact you only need a small pea-sized amount, and it works great.
I probably will buy it again, but I would like to try different primers to compare it with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like this primer along with Revlon's PhotoReady Primer are the two best available at the drugstore for anyone with oily skin and visible pores. I received a small size of this in a Hard Candy gift set last Christmas (2011) and it sat for at least 6 months before I even tried it. After I did I was so surprised at how well I liked it and immediately ran out and purchased the full size at my local WalMart. You can't beat the price, $8 USD for a decent size squeeze tube of product. It's quite siliconey, so if you're sensitive to silicones this isn't the primer for you. Personally my skin tolerates silicones well, and I especially like primers like this one for blurring my jumbo pores.
When the weather changed this past fall though and got cooler, this primer started causing me flakies and I retired it for a while. It's still wintertime here but I recently got it back out anyway now that I'm using a different moisturizer and foundation (my daily moisturizer being Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream for Dry Skin) and it no longer gives me the "dehydrated skin look" (yay!)
It is a bit "wet" feeling (if that makes sense?) -If you apply more than a pea size amount you'll need to wait 10 minutes or so for it to sink in. It also can separate a little bit in the bottle, which requires a little shake of the tube before each use after you have it for a while, but that's no biggie in my eyes for a product that performs well :)
And this is another one of those primers that's ideal for use OVER makeup as well as under, and can also be worn alone. If your pores are jumbo like mine and you don't want them to be visible but don't have time or need to wear any other makeup, just apply a little of this and go! &When I feel like my pores are looking extra large while I AM wearing makeup and I've already applied primer underneath, I'll just lightly dab a small amount of this over top of my foundation or powder, and it makes me poreless. Using under as well as over my makeup gives the best results (and I feel the same about the Revlon PhotoReady Primer I mentioned above)
Overall it's not THE most mattifying primer on the drugstore market (that award I feel would go to Black Radiance's Complexion Perfecting Primer) -but that primer does nothing for my pore size. So I typically end up pairing two together - one for mattifying my oilies, and another for blurring my pore size and this method works well for me :)
I think this is a steal for the super inexpensive pricetag, and I do plan to repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

Update:
Feels silky, makes my makeup go on nicely, it doesn't really help with staying power but its ok for large pores and fine lines. Its decent but I really don't go to it all that often so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put Smashbox primer on one side of my face and Hard Candy envy on the other for two days. The smashbox side broke out but hard candy didn't. Hard candy also minimized my pores and smashbox made them more apparent! I'm going to try the smashbox specifically for wrinkles but Hard Candy will be my whole face primer. (I did trade the regular smashbox primer for the smashbox targeted pore and line primer, which does make more of a difference on those wrinkles but if I had to pick just one primer, I'd pick hard candy.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This was the first primer I've ever used and I made the mistake of over applying this stuff. You really only need a pea size drop and it smoothed out the texture. I never used it as a moisturizer but it's really for oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LipstickBandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I mostly just use this for my face before I apply foundation. It has a greasy feel with application, but it dries velvety smooth. And It helps greatly with long lasting coverage!